Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Batting for the Future [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4942

Batting for the Future [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Batting for the Future [Closed]   Batting for the Future [Closed] EmptyWed 25 Jan 2023 - 6:00

Oh, how it was good to be home. The large molly smiled down at her apprentice, giving him a nod. "Come, Firepaw. There's no reason to delay your training any further. It's time to see how well your sparring skills have come along." Moonlily called warmly. The apprentice would definitely be earning his name soon, but she had to check just a few more bits of his skills before she truly felt he would be ready. It ideally wouldn't take long, but it was necessary. With finally having fully recovered from what had happened to her at the cutters, it was for the best that she got to take a turn at fighting, too.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Characters : [C]reekpaw
Clan/Rank : [C] RC Apprentice
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 1200

PostSubject: Re: Batting for the Future [Closed]   Batting for the Future [Closed] EmptyThu 26 Jan 2023 - 18:09

Firepaw had to admit, he had missed his mentor in her absence. He felt less nervous around her now than he had when he was first apprenticed, at the very least, though he felt nervous around everyone. When she called him to follow, the ginger tom did, having grown larger. At least sturdier. Soon he'd be fully grown, and a warrior. Perhaps another moon of training and he would be finished, it was strange.

"I'm ready when you are." His voice was strange to himself, almost always speaking at low volume, this time it was fairly audible, though perhaps not confident. He was confident inside, but when he had to express it, words failed to convey confidence no matter what he had tried.

Batting for the Future [Closed] Downlo46

Creekpaw♀ | Apprentice | Riverclan | 20/60 | #666d96
Character Profiles (WIP)
* disabled stats | signature made by felidaze's cool cat creator!
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4942

PostSubject: Re: Batting for the Future [Closed]   Batting for the Future [Closed] EmptyFri 27 Jan 2023 - 11:11

She was so glad to have those she cared about waiting for her when she came back, and she dipped her head. "We'll be a bit careful today, as I want us to focus more on the strategy than the actual fighting." But what Moonlily didn't say out loud was that she wanted to be careful because she was afraid her belly could still hurt her, even with it being healed. But that didn't matter. Strategy was important to practice whenever they got the chance. Leading the two of them into Skyclan's territory, Moonlily stopped once they were decently far enough from camp.

As she turned to face Firepaw, she took an offensive stance, in contrast to the defensive one she usually took. "I'll strike first. Comment on what you notice, and I'll go slower to not catch you off guard. Then, tell me what your options to counter are - and then go for it!" Raising a paw, the large molly started to go for her apprentice's head, keeping herself steady. Not so slow that it looked silly, but slow enough to give Firepaw enough time to speak and act before her sheathed paw would touch his fur.

Moonlily "used" Front Paw Blow! "Dealing" 7 damage and costing 5 stamina.
Moonlily
60 HP / 60 HP
135 / 140 SP (-5)

Firepaw
13 HP / 20 HP (-7)
60 SP / 60 SP

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Characters : [C]reekpaw
Clan/Rank : [C] RC Apprentice
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 1200

PostSubject: Re: Batting for the Future [Closed]   Batting for the Future [Closed] EmptyMon 30 Jan 2023 - 17:33

Firepaw followed his mentor out into the territory, quietly keeping pace with her until they arrived at a suitable training spot. Moonlily explained what they would do, and as she took her offensive stance, Firepaw took a defensive one. He hadn't had much combat experience as an apprentice, despite understanding the basics. He was glad for another chance to practice.

As the paw swung slowly toward his head, Firepaw crouched slowly, to speak without getting whacked too quickly. "You leave yourself wide open, so I can headbutt and knock you off balance. Offense instead of defense." Gently, Firepaw drove his head towards his mentor's chest, slow enough to see if she would do another move, but fast enough to try and match her pace.

Firepaw "used" Headbutt, dealing 4 "damage" and using 5 stamina!

Moonlily
56 HP / 60 HP (-4)
135 / 140 SP

Firepaw
13 HP / 20 HP
55 SP / 60 SP (-5)

Batting for the Future [Closed] Downlo46

Creekpaw♀ | Apprentice | Riverclan | 20/60 | #666d96
Character Profiles (WIP)
* disabled stats | signature made by felidaze's cool cat creator!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batting for the Future [Closed]   Batting for the Future [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Batting for the Future [Closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Territory-
Jump to: