Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

sing me softly to sleep [Rainpaw]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

sing me softly to sleep [Rainpaw] Empty
PostSubject: sing me softly to sleep [Rainpaw]   sing me softly to sleep [Rainpaw] EmptyThu 19 Jan 2023 - 11:45

Juniperkit— she would have to get used to that name— struggled to get comfortable in the nursery. While it was warmer than sleeping out in the snow, being surrounded by mothers that weren’t hers and kits that weren’t her siblings made her feel even more alone than before. It made her heart ache something terrible for her mother, out wherever she was; would she be happy, knowing that she was now safe and part of a clan?

Clan. It was such a foreign concept to Juniperkit, the clan she was now part of. Wolfblossom, Birdchaser— who was now Birdstar now, leader of the clan— and Rainpaw spent ages explaining her new home and their ways to her. She was now in SkyClan, and would serve her clan with everything she had as she grew into a warrior. There were other clans, wars and alliances and more intricacies than Juniperkit could properly handle. She understood, at least, that soon she would become an apprentice, and train under a SkyClan warrior, and that thought scared her a little more than she would like to admit. Would she be of any use after all? What if she couldn’t thrive, failed to adapt and learn? Would Birdstar kick her out, put her back out in the cold, bitter forest?

Juniperkit shook her head to rid of the thoughts plaguing her. This seemed to happen every night since she was rescued, worry swirling around in her mind like a brewing storm until she couldn’t handle it anymore. There was only one thing she could do to die them down, she learned— and without much thought, Juniperkit slowly rised to her feet and began her trek over to the apprentice den. Rainpaw always knew what to say to quell the thoughts and make them stop. Always gave her security and hope, which were feelings she hadn’t felt in a long, long time.

Sliding into the apprentice den as quietly as she could, Juniperkit’s bright blue eyes raked over the sleeping forms of the SkyClan apprentices before landing on the familiar pelt of her friend. Slowly, tredding cautiously around tails and paws, she arrived at his side and began to poke at his shoulder. ”Rainpaw!” she whispered urgently, prodding him harder. ”Wake up!”
muggy • est • they/them

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1027

PostSubject: Re: sing me softly to sleep [Rainpaw]   sing me softly to sleep [Rainpaw] EmptyThu 19 Jan 2023 - 12:57

RainpawSkyclan Camp

“Wha, huh?” Rainpaw mumbled, multicolored eyes flickering open as a soft voice and a nudging on his shoulder woke him up quickly. It took him a moment to remember where he was, and to register the voice speaking to him. “Juni..?” He mumbles, the affectionate nickname slipping out without much thought on Rainpaw’s part. He cleared his throat and tried again, drawing himself up to sit up.

“Juniperkit, what’s the matter?” He asked, keeping his voice low and soft so he did not wake his denmates. Instinctively he found himself checking the young kit over for signs of injury or sickness, pressing his nose briefly to her forehead to check for fever. “Are you okay? Are you hurt?” His voice was rough with sleep.

It had startled him since bringing Juniperkit home just how quickly he became not only attached to her but felt a certain kind of intense protectiveness over her. He knew perfectly well that she would be plenty alright with someone like Wolfblossom looking out for her, not to mention Birdstar taking the time to keep an eye on her as well. He had after all once been in the same boat, and it was through their support he was even still here.

But still. He remembered how difficult of a transition it was, adjusting to clan life. How overwhelming. He wanted her to know she wasn’t alone. Maybe it helped him keep his mind off his own troubles, to have someone else to help take care of. Maybe he just couldn’t stop associating her with his siblings, and felt an anxiety like he’d fail her if he wasn’t careful like he failed them. Maybe she just triggered some sort of… caretaker instinct in him. It didn’t really matter. Try as he might, Rainpaw could never get to the source of his emotions. What mattered was the here and now, and making sure Juniperkit was alright.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: sing me softly to sleep [Rainpaw]   sing me softly to sleep [Rainpaw] EmptyFri 20 Jan 2023 - 7:47

https://www.deviantart.com/aelou/art/F2U-flowers-634505249Juniperkit

Giggling softly at the affectionate nickname, Juniperkit moved to snuggle into Rainpaw’s flank, warmth safety, and silence finally swathing her tumultuous mind. ”I’m alright, Rainpaw, you worrywort.” she smiled, batting him away as he checked her forehead for fever. ”Just couldn’t sleep.”

Juniperkit always felt more at home in the apprentice den, next to Rainpaw. Here, she was surrounded by cats who, just like her, were learning how to serve their clan, learning who exactly they would grow to be, and how they would fit into clan life. She had a little bit more to learn than the others, much of their day-to-day motions still alien to her, but this shared feeling of transition and the excitement that simmered in the sleeping apprentices' bodies reminded her she would have the opportunity to learn.

But would she succeed? The thoughts that had silenced started to reemerge to the forefront of Juniperkit’s mind. Though Birdstar was fair and open to outsiders, it often plagued Juniperpaw that one day, if she failed on her training or showed she couldn’t adapt to clan life, Birdstar exile her to once again starve in the forest. It was a farfetched idea, she knew, but she couldn’t seem to shake the anxiety as she continued to near her apprentice ceremony.

”Rainpaw…” she continued after a brief pause, content after listening to his rhythmic breathing, ”Do you think I’d make a good warrior?”

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1027

PostSubject: Re: sing me softly to sleep [Rainpaw]   sing me softly to sleep [Rainpaw] EmptyMon 23 Jan 2023 - 16:28

RainpawSkyclan Camp

Rainpaw’s shoulders unwound from the tense position he had instinctively found himself. He settled back down as Juniperkit pressed against him, tucking his paws underneath himself and leaning lightly against her in return. Despite being several moons older than her, he wasn’t that much larger, but he still did his best to curl around her and provide a comforting warmth from the chill in the air.

He rested his chin on his paws and breathed out, comforted as well by the company and the warmth Juniperkit provided as well. He would’ve been content to fall right back asleep just like that, if it weren’t for Juniperkit’s form tensing beside him. His eyes opened once more, glancing at Juniperkit as he waited to see if she would share what was plaguing her so, and she did.

“Yes,” He says, voice still low but just loud enough for Juniperkit to hear him clearly, and straightforward as ever. “From my observations, being a good warrior is… well, it’s a subjective thing, of course, but the way I see it it is partially a result of how well you are taught and partially a matter of strength of character. Wolfblossom will choose the best mentor for you, I’m sure of it, and that’ll help you learn and grow. Even if you have trouble with the mentor you end up with, you have other cats to help you. Wolfblossom, Birdstar, and of course me.” He nudged her and offered a slight smile on his often-neutral face.

“It is a strange thing to get used to. But part of being in a clan means that not only is it up to you to help provide for the clan, but the whole clan will be there to help you, too. It’s nice. As for the strength of character bit,” Rainpaw faltered here. Objective facts were easy to communicate, subjective, emotional opinions held more weight to him. He took a minute to choose his words.

“You have a good heart, Juniperkit. There’s no reason that should change. And just with training, you will have all of us to help you.” He rested his chin on his paws again, working his jaw. He doesn’t usually talk that much at once. “So… yes. I think you will make a good warrior.” A pause, then, “Are you worried?”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: sing me softly to sleep [Rainpaw]   sing me softly to sleep [Rainpaw] EmptyTue 24 Jan 2023 - 11:02

https://www.deviantart.com/aelou/art/F2U-flowers-634505249Juniperpaw

Juniperkit smiled, soft and gracious. Rainpaw always knew what to say to quell the anxious thoughts inside of her, always knew exactly how to calm her down and keep her smiling. She owed him a lot, it felt to her, keeping her sane throughout these tumultuous moons.

”Not anymore.” she answered Rainpaw, snuggling into his gray pelt. ”I trust your opinion, and if you think I’ll be a good warrior, then I believe you.” Juniperkit’s always been one to believe others over herself, and while the future seemed uncertain in her mind, fuzzy and trying, Rainpaw could always reel her back. He made this new life look so easy, so adaptable… Juniperkit just had no choice but to believe every word that slid off of his tongue. It was quiet and still in the apprentice den, a welcome difference to the constant mewling from the nursery, and Juniperkit wrapped up in it like a cozy moss. She tucked her fuzzy head into Rainpaw’s shoulder and let the tension in her veins out of her small body with a deep breath. The future was uncertain, sure, but she never doubted for a second that she would always have Rainpaw by her side.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sing me softly to sleep [Rainpaw]   sing me softly to sleep [Rainpaw] Empty

Back to top Go down

sing me softly to sleep [Rainpaw]
Page 1 of 1