Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Oh no... Bat... my poor bat

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2858

Oh no... Bat... my poor bat Empty
PostSubject: Oh no... Bat... my poor bat   Oh no... Bat... my poor bat EmptyTue 17 Jan 2023 - 23:59

(OOC: This is pretty sad, I dont usually make my posts this down and sad but this one is up there. It also shamelessly breaks the 4th wall and I speedy talk directly to you the viewer as I take you back in time to where this all began. This is not really like any other post and is a very different style than what I usually do but yay lets goooo!)

Batsong sat just outside her den. She knew that this day had been coming, had tried to ignore it and somehow had just hoped that it might pass her by without it effecting her. But when today finally arrived it effected her in a big way, bigger than she had ever imagined it would have.

She felt crummy all morning but had activly fought off thinking about it.
... That had worked but only for the first couple of hours of the day.
She tried to just go about her job and routine telling herself over and over that nothing was different about today than any other day but it hadnt worked.

It was just after lunch that she just completely broke down. She sat in her den while her eyes just poured tears. She felt like she had been hit repeatedly in the gut as she drew in shaky breaths as she began to full on sob.

But why? Why you might be asking as the reader. Why is she like this? Well I will tell you, lets go back in time... Rewind the calendar back a year or so... no wait its exactly one year... thats why she is so sad. This is the 1 year aniversery of her meeting and making her very first friend in windclan... ya know what? Why dont we take a little trip you and I? hmm? yes through time back to where it all began.

Ok rewind it back back back back back, before she became med cat, before she became warrior, before even being adopted by swiftsprit and Mistysky.

and there we are.

See her?! thats her the little fluffball of black fur sitting right over there. I point out to you. And see how all the other little kittens are over there a ways away playing with themselves?

yup, thats about right, she never was super sociable or good at making new friends. But that's okay, she is still a bundle of joy, look at her chasing that little butterfly aww.

Ok... now see that little kit over there? Yeah the fire pelt looking one... Yeah that is scorchkit and hes what this is all about sadly.

We fast forward just slightly and boom Batkit and Scorchkit are playing in the snow right in front of our eyes.

"ahh yes, see how happy she is? He was her very first friend and what a friendship it was!" The two kits are tackling over 'badgers' which were in reality snow mounds that they had piled up.

it quickly turned into a game of truth or dare where batkit had dared Scorchkit to go mess up the leaders nest... which he promplty did to her great ammsument and delight.

"sigh.... she always did have that innocent mischeif to her as well I suppose.... hmm okay well moving on "

Fast forwards some more

ahh yes... the next big event for them.

Batpaw can be seen sneaking off in the dead of night when no one is watching to go meet up with her Skyclan boyfriend. Scorchpaw stops her asking what in the world she is up to...

She tells him the truth and asks him to keep it a secret

Pauses the movie

"ok did you catch that part? cause itlll be imporrtant later... she asks him to keep a secret got it?"

resumes

plays movie

batpaw crying over her dead parents shows on the screen

mashes the fast forward button
"yeah yeah yeah not relevant to this at the moment, i promise Im working to a point"

plays again

is batsong now and Scorchtalon now all grown up, Batsong had the skyclan cats kit at this point but that kit died shortly after and so did skyclan cat boyfriend.

They were out hunting herbs with Scorchtalons brother actually part of where batsong learned alot of her herbs knowledge that is still in use to this day.

The two of them are very close friends here as is evident

"In fact, they were such good friends that shortly after this Scorchtalon shares a secret of his own"

Scorchtalon can be seen sharing his secret of him and Marshmallow to Batsong and begs her to keep it a secret.

"I promise, I wont tell anyone" she meows with a nod.

"hmm anyone batsong?? .. well if you say so"

fasts forwards a bit more is batsongs med ceromony,

With berrypaws death there is no one else to take charge of the med den and starclan has chosen her now, she hesitently takes it but after some encouragment from her late mother Swiftsprit settles in.... and after alot of hard gruling work and almost banging her head against the wall later she finally learns all the herbs 🎉 wow good job.

Fasts forwards some more

Glances over at the reader... yea I know I know its alot but there is alot of history between these two and u were the one who asked why she is so sad remember?"

plays again

Is shown to be the moonstone where starclan revieals Scorch and Marshs relation and warns of dark things to come soon after.

"yeah so here she doesnt know what to do... on one paw she already knew they were together but she didnt know what the dark event was at the time... she feared that it would doom windclan if they stuck together so she was worried .... she didnt wanna do this but felt starclan was giving her no other option but to warn the leaders and deputy about it"

fast forwards but just slitghly

"And here we see her ratting her lifelong friend out and spilling his secret that just a little earlier she promised she would keep... oh and you havent forgetten that he kept her secret right?? cause I told you not to forget that part either... so now, not only has she blown up his life and relationship, but she did that after the fact that he was s good friend to her and kept hers a secret"

sighs and shakes my head... "and it turns out... it TURNS OUT the omen she was so scrared of wasnt even about windclan and had nothing to do with those two

ruining anything at all!!!"

I mean folks... can anything have gone worse for her here? ... oh thats right yea they could have cause we are not even to the end

fast forwards again

Scorchtalon has become much more quiet and reserved, he isnt allowed to see Marshmallow anymore, not allowed to go near shadowclan even... he hasnt eaten as much as he should have and has fallen into a big slump... Batsong can be seen applogizing to him over and over and he ...

he forgives her for all of it, he even says he understands.

fast forwards one last time

the sadness it took on Scorchtalon eventually led to him getting sick and he can be seen very weak here, Batsong trying to take care of him but ends up failing and results in his death not long after.

Broken hearted and full of regret she soon after accomonies the elders to help burry him to see him one last time.

There isnt a day that goes by where she wishes she never told on her friend. He had trusted her with it and she had let him down... sabatoged him it sometiems even felt like. At the time, it felt so important to warn the leaders of what might happen... but as she later learned it was just about the flood that hit shadowclan, nothing that anyone could have done about that knowing that scorch and marsh were togehter or not would not have chanced that... so why had she ratted him out??

The absolute truth was that she was scared for her clan, she had all the best intentions at heart.

But over time, she had gaslit herself into beliving that she had done it with bad intentions, had been jelous of Scorch and watnted to break him and marsh up.

Was that true? Did she want to break them up at the time? NO abosulutely not. She wouldnt ever do that to her friend ever! But she had felt so bad about how it played out that she guilted herself into beliving that is what happened.
-----------

We now get back to where we are today... ONE year later from when they first met and first played together in the snow. Such an incredible and wholesome topic that snow playing was. Who would have guessed that it would end like this?

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Oh no... Bat... my poor bat   Oh no... Bat... my poor bat EmptyWed 18 Jan 2023 - 0:10

More Swiftheart

Last edited by speedy on Wed 18 Jan 2023 - 0:32; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Oh no... Bat... my poor bat   Oh no... Bat... my poor bat EmptyWed 18 Jan 2023 - 0:27

Batsong now felt her paws carrying herself out of camp not wanting to be seen like this. She was walking but she didnt know where to . All she knew was it was out of camp the rest of it was on autopilot and not something she even conciously thought of.

The next thing she knew, she looked down and she was at Scorchtalons grave marker. She broke down completly crying next to it as she collapsed into the cold hard snowy ground below her now.

"im sorry scorch.... Im s-s.sso s-s..sorry... for everything She stayed like that for awhile just letting it out. There was a lot of build up really and it needed to happen.

After a bit she felt a little better somehow but still just utterly in the dumps overall.

She slowly piled up a pile of snow pushing it up into a big fluffy mound.

She backed away from it and ran right at it. She plopped down into it smacking down the 'badger' once more.

With tear filled eyes she looked back at his gravestone "its... i-its not as f-f..fun by y-yourself

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1543

PostSubject: Re: Oh no... Bat... my poor bat   Oh no... Bat... my poor bat EmptyThu 19 Jan 2023 - 17:29

birchpaw
medicine cat apprentice of windclan

Batsong hadn't seemed like herself lately, and from what Birchpaw could tell, it was more than simply the recent stresses running through the forest. The gray tabby was quietly sorting their herb supply when Batdong abruptly left the den, leaving camp. Birchpaw pricked their ears, watching her leave. After a moment, they dropped what they were doing and followed her from a distance, intent to make sure she was alright.

They found her by a warrior's grave, Scorchtalon, one they bever personally knew well but knew that Batsong cared for him deeply. Not wanting to disturb her in her grief, Birchpaw awkwardly watched as she spoke to the grave marker before they cleared their throat to announce their presence.

"I don't think it ever gets any easier," they mewed, moving to sit beside their mentor as they wrapped their tail around her flank. "I find that grief is like a blemish in a tree. When it happens, it hurts the tree greatly. But over time, the tree grows around it. The wound never goes away. It doesn't get smaller. The tree simply learns to live with it and grow from it."

Birchpaw was quiet for a moment, lost in thought. "...It comforts me to know that our loved ones' spirits are in StarClan, while their bodies become the flowers, the grass, the dirt...They're not gone. The earth takes them back, to be born again into new things. I think that's beautiful, don't you?" They turned to peer at her owlishly, blinking, then turned back to the gravestone and simply sat in silence.

ooc: notes go here

Oh no... Bat... my poor bat 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Oh no... Bat... my poor bat   Oh no... Bat... my poor bat EmptySun 22 Jan 2023 - 23:01

Batsongs thoughts were thankfully interupted by her apprentice who it appeared had followed them out of camp.

Birchpaw had always had an interest in death and the topics that surrounded it she had observed. They were observant, curious and had alot of interesting views on it.

They blinked at her with their big owl looking eyes offering alot of support during this time.

Batsong wrapped her tail getnly around them as well grateful for their being there. "Y-yeah I guess you are right it kinda is l-like a tree in that sense" she agreed.

Batsong was usually pretty introverted, but having some company was really nice especially when she felt this low, and it being her apprentice was even better.

Hmm he concluded that maybe Scorchtalon was reborn as other things even as his spirit moved on to starclan. She nodded a little thinking about it. "I suppose it is beautiful." she agreed.

"even if a little sad at times, b-but I guess we all have to go at some p-point.
J-just know im proud of you and always will be no m-matter what I know you will look after windclan"
she whispered quietly to them.

"You have b-become an amazing medicine cat and are really a n-natural at this. she grinned slightly at him

"t-there i-isnt much more I c-can teach you r-really and if youd like I t-think you are ready for your fu-full name. she offered to them. She really did believe them to be ready and they deserved it alot.

"I also understand if you w-wanna stay apprentice too though. B-but whenever you want to we can do your ceromony"

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1543

PostSubject: Re: Oh no... Bat... my poor bat   Oh no... Bat... my poor bat EmptyWed 25 Jan 2023 - 19:35

birchpaw
medicine cat apprentice of windclan

As Batsong spoke, their head canted to one side in thought, their gaze growing distant. She truly believed they were ready? It was a comforting thought, to say the least, and one they relished. They were...proud of themself, actually, for making it this far in their training. But there was a nagging, uncomfortable voice in their head that whispered, failure, failure, and the shadowy claws appeared at the corners of their vision, threatening to consume them--

"Thank you for the offer," they heard themself saying, as if from a distance away. "I need to think about it. I'll...get back to you." A hard blink, and the claws vanished, the voice fading to nothing. Birchpaw's brows furrowed for a moment as they stared at Scorchtalon's grave marker, then they got to their paws and left Batsong to her grief as they padded back to camp.

ooc: notes go here

Oh no... Bat... my poor bat 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh no... Bat... my poor bat   Oh no... Bat... my poor bat Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh no... Bat... my poor bat
Page 1 of 1