Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Talking Things Out

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2857

Talking Things Out Empty
PostSubject: Talking Things Out   Talking Things Out EmptyWed 28 Dec 2022 - 21:08

Swiftheart sat in camp restlessly.  She had been restless ever since her big argument with nightstar.  They had never fought before, not like this. Not where so much was flung at each other in hurtful ways. She was still very upset over it, that he didnt trust her or want to even listen to her.  But what hurt more was the amount of anger and disappointment she had seen him have.  She had always looked up to him both as an older brother and as her leader. She still did alot even when upset and angry back at him.  Had she really upset him that much just over a suggestion?  She knew that she was not enterally blame free in this either which was also upsetting.  She knew she should not have leveraged an ultimatum to leave the council on him to try and get her way... that was not something she was the most proud of, but in her mind she had the clans best interest at heart, she did truly believe in sable and saw it as a way that Nightstar might actually listen to her ideas for once.  

Should she have done that?  She wasn't sure.  But his response was out of proportion to what she may have done in her opinion and she was still hurt and displeased by that.

She knew that eventaully she would need to speak with him again, applogize for her wrongdoings.  As clan leader, he didnt owe her any return apology but she felt he was in the wrong moreso than she was on this one.

But she also recognized that she was obviously bias... Who couldnt be in a matter of their own argument?

She had been thinking on it for awhile and relized she wanted to talk with someone else about it, someone who could be trusted and could keep things gnerally quiet, the whole clan did not need to know that brother and sister were arguing and not on speaking terms right now.

This would need to be someone semi neutral who could tell her if she was in the wrong moreso than she thought she was.  Or maybe she was right and she hadnt done anything that deserved that level of anger from him.

A judge of sorts but morealso someone to just talk to, vent a little.

And most imporatnatly, someone who could also tell her if she was way out of line, if she was, she would apologize profusely to night. She already was going to but she needed an outside view of what she had done, and if it really deserved all that.

She knew who it was too.. and lucky for her they were just about to go hunting.

"Iceheart? she purred catching up to her fellow warrior.

"do you mind if I join you?"

She was not looking for sympathy, if anything it was moreso looking for advise on how to go about fixing things

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

Talking Things Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Things Out   Talking Things Out EmptyWed 28 Dec 2022 - 21:20

Iceheart

Iceheart looked to Swiftheart when the white she-cat approached her. She had not spent much time with Swiftheart, especially not lately as Iceheart’s time had been taken up with hunting patrols and looking after Forestbreeze. Now that he was healing up a bit more with each passing day, she felt more comfortable taking longer trips, but Iceheart had admittedly grown kind of used to having company at her side all hours of the day. She was always happy to go hunting, but the solo hunts were growing a bit lonely.

Therefore, Swiftheart’s offer was more than welcomed.

“Certainly,” Iceheart replied as they walked down the path from the highstones and towards the forest so they could begin their hunt. They were too far from ShadowClan territory to hunt and they would not invade any other clan, but the Highstones themselves offered very little in terms of prey, so they had to make their way out of the barren rocky area if they wanted to find anything.

The walk was not terribly long, but it was enough for Iceheart to pick up a kind of heaviness that seemed to weigh on Swiftheart. She glanced at her fellow warrior as they walked before she finally asked, “Is something on your mind?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Talking Things Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Things Out   Talking Things Out EmptySun 1 Jan 2023 - 20:02

Swiftheart glanced back at her friend.  Iceheart had already picked up on the fact that something was wrong.  Swiftheart always did give away her feeling pretty easily so it wasn't too surprising she supposed.

She gave a sigh and nodded a little.  "This is to be kept on the low, the rest of the clan does not need to know about it.  Night and I had a pretty big argument... she said quietly.  Sure, arguments were not the end of the world... but this was her and Night! They never fought, not like this.  They were close, always close and swiftheart wanted it to stay that way.

Was worried that she had messed up alot and wanted to remidy it but there was something else too, she felt Nightstar had been a little hard on her as well, but beyond just that she was worried that he was begining to trust fewer and fewer of his clanmates.

It started when he didnt trust his own apprentice and now she had also gotten him so upset that he said he didnt trust her advise anymore either... she wanted to fix their relationship but also she didnt want him to feel alone in this.

"I made a mistake... I wanted to get Sablestrike a position on the council and overstepped my negotiations, for that I am sorry and regret... but im concerned for him, the way he reacted was beyond just mad, I just want him to not have to be alone in this.

she explained how she had threatened to leave the council and what happened thereafter.

She shook her head disappointed in herself, That was not fair of me, to put all that on him right when he got back but I never meant to push him away like that... I did what I did because I thought it would get him to see how much I believed that this was the right decision, to give Sable another chance... I didn't think of how Night could have taken it as leverage against him which I never meant. she sat down frustrated.

"and I still do belive it is the right thing, but not at the cost of this.  I never meant to do that to him, I know I owe him an apology and I know I am in the wrong on some of this... but I'm worried about the pattern i'm seeing with him not trusting as many people lately, I dont want him to feel like we have abandon him. and I dont want him to have to face this alone

Nightstar would never be alone, he would always have her fighting for him, no matter what.  It was just a matter of if she could also fix the temporary rift between them hopefully sooner than later.

You are close with him too.  Swiftheart knew that Ice and Night had talks where Night helped ice through some ruff times... and perhaps vice versa as well though she didnt know exactly what all.

"What would you advise I do to make this right?

(oh yea its all coming together! good swift post! look at all that talking text! PERFECT! Needs to be at least half pink to be a normal swift post heh heh)

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

Talking Things Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Things Out   Talking Things Out EmptyMon 9 Jan 2023 - 10:05

Iceheart

Iceheart listened patiently as Swiftheart explained what happened. She kept her expression neutral, although her thoughts were anything but. It was difficult to maintain that neutrality when Swiftheart brought mention of Sablestrike, and putting him on the council? It took a lot of willpower for Iceheart to hold back any impulsive retorts. She calmed down the more that Swiftheart spoke—it was hard to remain mad at her for long, after all.

When Swiftheart finished, Iceheart remained quiet for a couple of minutes longer as she processed and ordered her thoughts. No need to go blurting out the first thing on her mind; that was what caused the fight between Swiftheart and Nightstar in the first place.

“I do think you made a mistake in how you handled things,” Iceheart finally began. “However, Nightstar was not fair in how he reacted either. He’s very stressed, Swiftheart. As you said, he just got back, and he had a lot to deal with. I don’t doubt that Leopardsun reported to him about the seeming attempt to subvert power while he was gone. Even if that may not have been Sablestrike’s intentions,” though Iceheart did not believe that was the case, “it was still reported as such to Nightstar. For you to tell him that you thought that such a cat deserved to be on the council? It would have been ghastly on its own. I’m not sure what more you said that upset him, but you seem to already know how you overstepped.”

She considered things a moment further. “I cannot say for certain whether or not Nightstar overreacted based on what you tried to say to convince him to promote Sablestrike, but he knows that you are not a cat who would be trying to undermine him. You’ve never had anything but the clan’s best of intensions…So for him to become so furious at you is a bit concerning.” The more Iceheart thought about it, Nightstar seemed to be making a lot more impulsive decisions in recent times, and that only seemed to be getting stronger since he was taken by the twolegs. Nightstar at the start of his leadership never would have brought home a kit from a twoleg place just for the sake of it, and he certainly would not have gotten into a vicious argument with his sister. Times were stressful, but…

“I can try and talk to him,” Iceheart explained. “Try to see his point of view, or help calm him down if he is still upset with you. When you believe the time is best, I thin you should talk to him and apologize for your actions. Do not apologize for too much. You overstepped in how you handled things, so say you’re sorry for that. But he should apologize for his reaction as well. That is not an act fit for a leader, and hopefully he will have calmed down enough to realize that.”

Perhaps, also, Iceheart could try and find out more of what is going on in Nightstar’s head. He was wound up more lately, and his emotions swung more than Iceheart remembered them doing in the past. Leopardsun was a fantastic deputy, and was doing a fine job keeping Nightstar’s leader decisions in check, but Nightstar needed another friend to tell him when he was making mistakes in his personal social life too.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Talking Things Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Things Out   Talking Things Out EmptySun 15 Jan 2023 - 11:46

Swiftheart listened to Icehearts response completly nodding a bit. It all made good sense and was good advise.

"yeah... you are right, I did make mistakes on this the extra point of view was helpful on this really.

"I will talk with him again, applogize like you suggested and make this right again.
It was mousebrained to try and put that all on him when he just wanted to spend time with me from being away for so long. "
she game a little sigh rolling her eyes thinking back on her past self.

Night and her's realtionship was strong and a little argument wasnt gonna effect anything long long term even if it meant some bumps along the short term things.

Because, at the end of the day they both knew they would have each others back and would do ANYTHING to protect one another and the clan. They had fought many battles side by side and there was no way she would let anything change that, especially not something as minor as who got to be on a council or not. He was leader and she had overstepped what she shouldnt have in the first place to begin with on that to be fair per say, it was not only that but also then due to the fact that it was the way it was so to say. She gave a little nod feeling already much much better about thsi... sometimes jsut being able to alk tihgns over with another friend was valuable and this time rpovedieded and showed to be to be no different.

"Thanks Iceheart" she finally meowed after thinking about all this for a little bit.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Talking Things Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Things Out   Talking Things Out Empty

Back to top Go down

Talking Things Out
Page 1 of 1