Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

sunny days

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6065

sunny days Empty
PostSubject: sunny days   sunny days EmptyWed 28 Dec 2022 - 8:28

Lightningpaw enjoyed exploring as much as anything, moving swiftly from place to place in the area surrounding their Fourtrees settlement. It was temporary, everyone said, but- well, that just meant she had to explore it as much as possible while they were here; it should be fine if she was careful. The traps were everywhere, sure, but if anything happened there were cats near enough that she could call for help, and otherwise she hadn't been caught yet.

What was life without a little risk?

"Okay," she muttered to herself, studying a tree. "The traps are on the ground, so if I just... Get up there... Then it'll be fine! No way to get caught if I'm nowhere near 'em! Stayin' safe, and I bet there's a great view- perfect!"

Granted, she hadn't had as much climbing practice as she would have liked, but that was what this was for! Exploring was a chance to develop her skills.

She made her way up to one of the lower branches, wondering how she could move faster next time, before looking out over the clearing. From here, she could see the rest of SkyClan going about their day; and when she turned the other way she could see how the sunlight filtered through the trees, lighting up the ground in patches. It was colder than before, it seemed to be colder every day, but the sunlight still shone as brightly as ever.

"Whoa!"

The leaves were red and gold, the grass below mostly a dusty brown color, and the light seemed to make it all so much brighter somehow.

It was beautiful, and suddenly she wondered what other wonders this territory held if what was all around them was so amazing if she just looked at it a little differently.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

sunny days Empty
PostSubject: Re: sunny days   sunny days EmptyWed 28 Dec 2022 - 12:25

─FOXPAW
Foxpaw had joined Skyclan much after the Great Shake, so missing camp wasn't possible for him. Fourtrees was all he knew. The tom was used to moving often and adjusting to new locations, being born a loner gave him that at least. Going with the flow was something that came as naturally to him as climbing trees was to Skyclanners.

Post-hunting patrol was the time he took to himself, give his pelt a good wash - well a good enough one anyways. Rita - his birth mother - a real vixen of a mother, wouldn't let him outside whatever shelter they were in unless his pelt was impeccably groomed. If they didn't have much at least they had their good looks, is what she would always say. Hmph! No longer would he do anything that lady had ever said to him. After moons of letting his pelt run wild, there were pieces of fur that wouldn't lay flat no matter how many times he tried. It was good enough.

Hearing a rustling in the branches near him he swiveled his head and narrowed his eyes as he tried to find the culprit. Seeing a familiar pelt perched on the branch, he waved his tail in greeting, "How's the weather up there?" he called out, rolling on his back, and stretching his limbs as long as they would go.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

sunny days Empty
PostSubject: Re: sunny days   sunny days EmptyWed 28 Dec 2022 - 23:34

Lightningpaw blinked, glancing down to find one of the more recent additions to SkyClan. Like her and Rainpaw, he was from somewhere else; but unlike herself or Rainpaw she recalled hearing his name. Kit, it had been. It was Foxpaw now.

(Kit, or Fox, or Foxpaw; she wondered what it was he preferred. She'd still rather just be Lightning.)

Either way, they were both apprentices, so they were at least familiar with one another in passing. "Same as it is down there, I guess," she called back down. "It's pretty, though. Hey, d'you always look like a mess?" It wasn't the most tactful phrasing, she could admit. "Not that- not that it's bad! Just... Noticeable, y'know? Like it's on purpose or somethin'."

Unlike Lightningpaw's messy fur, which began each day perfectly groomed and slowly grew more wild over the course of an ordinary day, because even an ordinary day for Lightningpaw tended to be exhilirating.

"What're you doin' down there, anyway?"

Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

sunny days Empty
PostSubject: Re: sunny days   sunny days EmptyThu 29 Dec 2022 - 0:50

─FOXPAW
Hey, d'you always look like a mess?

The question triggered something in him and he blinked up at her for a moment before letting out a deep mroww of laughter so deep his belly shook. Foxpaw pushed off the ground and got into a nice sitting position, puffing out his chest and posing for the apprentice. "Nah, see you were just lookin' at me from my bad side. See?" he said giving her a little wink, "Real talk, the fur has a mind of its own, y'know?" Deny, deny, deny. Foxpaw would take his feelings to the grave before he let anyone know how he really felt. Well, he would probably tell Dawnfeather, if she prodded him enough. But only her.

"I think the real question, is what're you doin' up there? You huntin' a bird or somethin'?"
he threw back, his words accompanied by a smile. The apprentice gathered strength in his haunches and launched himself into the tree, unsheathed claws digging into the bark to keep him steady. He was able to get himself safely onto a branch just below Lightning's, not too shabby, eh?

"When I lived in the alleys with my ma - Rita - she had Star and I climbin' all sorts of crazy stuff. Big Two-leg nests, sleeping monsters, even tried some Twoleg food once. It was pretty good if you ignored the fact it came from a Twoleg." Foxpaw looked off into the distance as he recalled his life as a loner, how he had lived in the past was nothing but a bunch of stories that entertained the kits. He sure liked telling them though, it made him feel interesting and unique, and maybe if he kept telling them it'd make more cats like him. Lightning was right, it sure was pretty from up in the trees.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

sunny days Empty
PostSubject: Re: sunny days   sunny days EmptyTue 10 Jan 2023 - 13:52

"You look just as messy from that side," Lightningpaw informed him. "And we're SkyClan. Even if I wasn't born here, why wouldn't I want to be in the sky? 'Sides, it's a nice view, and the traps are all down there-" she gestured with her tail- "so it's pretty safe up here, really!"

She stretched out on the branch, tail swaying with the breeze. "That's lucky, huh? You've got stories you can tell. I don't even really remember what things were like before. Just that it's different. Not bad, just different. I don't think I'll ever really let go of that, though- I kinda like being different. Sure, I'm Lightningpaw, I guess- but I'll always just be Lightning, y'know? 'N I like to think I'd always just be Lightning, no matter where I ended up."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

sunny days Empty
PostSubject: Re: sunny days   sunny days Empty

Back to top Go down

sunny days
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Fourtrees-