Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022

Go down 
+2
kjSage
downfive
6 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2499

SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022 Empty
PostSubject: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022   SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 5:59 am

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdchaser

Beechfang had come bearing terrible news, but it was not surprising. Briarstar hadn't returned to the Clan following their departure from camp. Many cats had likely already assumed the worst. Birdchaser, though, had been desperately holding on to the hope that the tabby would return soon. Just a few more days, just a few more days... just a few more days, and Briarstar would return to take up her position as their leader once again, and this would all be over. A wheezing laugh found its way past her lips as she thought about it. Maybe Briarstar was just around the corner, already freed herself of the twolegs' hold, and this would all be a horribly timed mess. SkyClan is nothing if we're not a mess. Her claws found purchase on the Great Rock, and she pulled herself up to perch atop, looking down at her Clanmates' tired faces below. But they're my mess, now.

She would need somebody by her side. She had needed someone since this all began, but it was easier to act alone when she could tell herself there would be someone returning to her aide soon. But to do it all alone, to know she was doing it all alone... Birdchaser couldn't handle that. SkyClan would need someone else to look over them, too. In a few days, when she'd given herself time to get over her shock and persistent exhaustion, and when the twoleg dust had more time to settle, she would have to drag herself all the way out to Highstones. SkyClan would need someone to look over them for the night where she could not-- especially if something were to happen. But those were all miserable thoughts. This was supposed to be a celebration, even if it didn't feel right, even if her body only ached with sorrow. This was going to be good-- she would make it good. She would make this tragedy beautiful. Birdchaser only hoped her choice would have an easier time settling than she was given, though she had no doubt in the cat's abilities.

"Let all cats old enough to climb the trees, gather below the Great Rock for a Clan meeting."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5698

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022   SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 10:13 am

Her mother was back. Wolfblossom had caught her scent around the edge of fourtrees, but no other scents were with her. Why come alone, when she'd had cats behind with her, particularly Briarstar? Something must have happened, and for Skyclan's sake Wolfblossom hoped her uneasy thoughts were not proven true. She had half a mind to slip out of fourtrees and find her mother, to ask what in Starclan had happened, to ask what had taken her so foxing long, to simply know that she was alive and well and that this wasn't her nose playing tricks on her, seizing upon the buried desire of a kit to see her mother again.

Birdchaser's yowl interrupted Wolfblossom's thoughts, calling the clan together. An apprentice ceremony, maybe, some of the kits were nearly old enough... Or news. Bad news, judging by how rattled and weary her sister's face looked. Not that there was anyone in Skyclan who didn't look rattled and weary at this point, but... They were alive, they were here. They would get through this somehow. How, Wolfblossom wasn't sure, but Skyclan would surely find a way.

Forcing the thought aside, Wolfblossom padded towards the great rock, finding a spot to sit among her clanmates.

---

A tufted ear twitched at the deputy's call, and Stonekit couldn't suppress a brief flash of curiosity. Her or Mistkit's ceremony, perhaps? They couldn't be kept kits forever, of course, and she refused to entertain the idea that they might be, that the older cats would think current times too dangerous to allow freshly-named apprentices into the forest. Was she being impatient? Maybe. But Stonekit was beginning to get sick of sitting around fourtrees doing nothing. She wished she were bigger, stronger, that she could hunt and fight as well as Skyclan's more experienced warriors.

The kit watched the deputy on the great rock, a glimmer of curiosity flickering within her green eyes.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9984

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022   SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 1:46 pm

Thornstalker didn't know what to think. Her tail tip thumped against the ground every so often as she was lost in thought. Nerves were eating at her on the inside it seemed. As much as she tried her best to remain calm.. after everything it was getting difficult.. When would the twolegs show up again? Were they even safe here? How many cats even got taken?

She was quickly shaken out of her thoughts by the deputy's call. What would it be? A ceremony for some of the new kits? Or was it a deputy ceremony? Whatever it was.. It was a welcomed distraction.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
catlover

catlover

Characters : [W]illowpaw, [S]wirlkit, [A]mberkit
Clan/Rank : [W]Skyclan apprentice [S]Riverclan apprentice [A] Unborn Shadowclankit
Leo Tiger
Number of posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022   SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2022 1:50 pm

Willowvine was just returning to fourtrees after a mildly successful hunting trip (two starlings) when she heard the deputy's call from atop the great rock. Dropping her catch on Skylan's fresh-kill pile, she joined the gathering crowd at it's base.

==  Swirlpaw  ==    Riverclan Apprentice  == 
                                                                                                                                                                Siggie by Lilystorm

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2499

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022   SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022 EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 8:21 am

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdchaser

Slowly but surely, SkyClan gathered below as she called out to them. Birdchaser watched each of their faces as they rose to heed her summons. Exhaustion was present in most of them; a quiet lingering fear in others; the rest looked like they were clinging to whatever sense of normalcy. The faces that made her heart tighten the most were the kits, or the youngest of the apprentices. For some of them, this was the only world they knew. She quietly wished she could take them all back to their proper home, let them be raised where SkyClan belonged, without the threat of being stolen away, or having those they were close to stolen... or worse.

But her thoughts were drifting again. This wasn't the time for lamenting, or wishing she could do more than she could. This was the time for her to do something. Though the reasons were terrible, she hoped the ceremony would provide some fleeting joy.

Okay.

"SkyClan, I've gathered you all to share news, both good and bad. As you've all noticed, Briarstar never joined us in Fourtrees after we left camp. It was my hope– all of our hopes –that Beechfang and Bloodstrike would return with her, even if they'd been delayed. Though we've been holding on to the idea that she would rejoin us soon... I'm sorry. I'm sorry to be the one to announce to you all that you've lost your leader."
Birdchaser's head bowed, her eyes squeezing shut and claws flexing to grip the rock below her. She was aware that this wasn't entirely professional; she'd hoped to deliver the news easily, formally, but she'd always been too emotional for her own good. "Beechfang was here recently. I'm sure some of you noticed her, she's hard to ignore." A bitter, humorless laugh left her. The thin joke did nothing to make her feel better. "She came to speak with me. They got Briarstar free, and they were on their way to Fourtrees, but... but twolegs found them before they could reach us. Briarstar was unfortunately captured, as so many cats have been.

Though she's still living, we'll still take time to mourn the loss of her presence. SkyClan will feel her absence; I know we already do. But, since she's gone... gone missing, that means SkyClan is without a leader. I want to wait for Briarstar's return as much as any cat and keep managing as your deputy, but a Clan needs its leader. We don't know how long she'll be gone."
A quiet, painful voice in the back of her mind whispered that Briarstar may never come back. It was a sobering thought. All that had been taken might never return. All they could do was pray that StarClan would see them safely home one day. Slowly, Birdchaser lifted her head to face the crowd again. She had gotten comfortable with the feeling of having eyes on her moons ago; today, though, it got to her. All those faces blinking up at her made her pelt itch. She was to be their leader soon. The whole situation was haunting. Their lives, their well-being, everything was in her paws. She felt impossibly small in the face of it; she felt like she had gone into leadership failing. But there was nothing to be done except to press onward. "Since it could be moons or seasons before she returns, that means I will be taking up SkyClan's leadership. In a few days, once I know that passage to the Moonstone is safe, I'll travel to Highstones to receive my lives and my name from StarClan. Though I haven't gone yet, I've now become SkyClan's leader." The words felt heavy and fake when they left her mouth.

"I hope that I will do everything Briarstar wished for me when I was appointed deputy. I'll do everything with the power granted to my paws to lead SkyClan well, to end our reputation among the Clans for being bloodthirsty and heartless." Birdchaser sighed heavily. Now it was time for the actual ceremony part of this announcement. "And as I take up leadership and leave the position of deputy, that means I'll need to elect someone new to fill that role. I've given considerable thought to it, and I believe the cat I've selected will make a wonderful deputy." Her gaze swept the crowd until it fell upon the face of her sister. Her beloved sister– better than the rest of them, stable and kind. Birdchaser knew that, despite her best wishes and best intentions, she was not as kind or upstanding or diplomatic as she wanted to be. She would need a deputy that she could trust, someone that could balance her out; someone she would actually listen to that could temper the worst parts of her nature. She only hoped that, even if the world was falling apart around them, her sister would have an easier adjustment than she had. "I say these words before StarClan so that our warrior ancestors may hear and approve of my choice. Wolfblossom will be the new deputy of SkyClan."

Birdchaser swore she could hear Beechfang scream somewhere in the forest.

"She's one of the most dedicated warriors SkyClan has, and one of the gentlest. I have nothing but faith in her. I know that she will make a wonderful deputy; she are kind and understanding where much of our family isn't. I trust her more than I trust many cats. She will make an excellent companion and advisor throughout my time as leader, and I believe she will be integral to seeing SkyClan thrive under our combined efforts." Birdchaser paused. That was all she had to say, but she couldn't dismiss SkyClan properly. It felt like there was more left unsaid, though she did not know what. Instead of a dismissal, she coughed out, "I hope you're all as pleased with this decision as I am, and I hope you show my sister the same respect you've shown me. Though we've lost Briarstar for now, I hope today can be a good one for us all, one of celebration."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5698

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022   SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022 EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 9:59 am

Birdchaser began to speak, and the reason for the meeting soon became apparent as she spoke of mom visiting. With bad news, because of course it would be bad news. She hadn't known Briarstar all that well, their few brief interactions limited to being taken to the moonstone and her own warrior ceremony, but she'd seemed kind, willing to do what was necessary for Skyclan. She had managed to keep Skyclan in relative peace after Bloodstrike and Beechfang had chosen exile.

And just like that, twolegs had stolen her away. A shame, that, and Briarstar was far from the first cat. Wolfblossom doubted she would be the last, with the twoleg presence still lingering. Whether she would be back or not, it seemed as though life would have to go on. Birdchaser was moving forward, and as much as Wolfblossom hoped for Briarstar's safe return, they had no way of knowing if or when she would. Moving forward was a prudent choice, even if it may have seemed callous. Birdchaser could only act as leader in name only for so long before it must become official. Skyclan had never been leaderless, even without Briarstar's presence.

If Birdchaser was to take up the name and mantle of a leader, then... Yes, a deputy would need to be picked. Birdchaser would pick someone smart, someone she could trust, Wolfblossom was sure of that. They would have to be, to lead the clan as a well-functioning unit.

"I say these words before StarClan so that our warrior ancestors may hear and approve of my choice. Wolfblossom will be the new deputy of SkyClan."

Wolfblossom blinked. Me? She had misunderstood, surely. Birdchaser was not choosing her for deputy. Except Birdchaser continued and-

Birdchaser was choosing her for deputy. And she had a whole speech, even. A speech that Wolfblossom didn't think was prepared, but was so clearly heartfelt that it brought a pained smile to her face even as her vision blurred and her skin prickled with warmth. "I-" Wolfblossom's voice cracked as she tried to speak. Stars, Birdchaser... Birdchaser knew exactly what she was doing. "You're a foxheart, sister. I love you too." She nearly choked on a weak laugh.

And she had to remember that it wasn't just the two of them, the clan watched, and she could feel their eyes on her, just as her own eyes had been on Birdchaser. The mild sensation of warmth blazed into a full inferno of embarrassment at the thought as Wolfblossom tried to regain her composure. She usually didn't care about being embarrassed but this was different. It felt like all eyes were on her in the wake of Birdchaser's announcement. The weight of her words finally sinking in.

Deputy... The weight of responsibility had been dropped squarely atop her shoulders, as it had for Birdchaser, for Plumleaf, Fogfeather. None of them were alone in this. Nor were the clanmates they led and guided.

She took a breath and tried again. "I'll do everything I can to keep our clan strong, and safe. I hope I can live up to Birdchaser's expectations, and yours." Her voice was steadier this time as she glanced around at her gathered clanmates, meeting their eyes in turn.

Somewhere, Beechfang jerked awake, heart racing and a cold sweat upon her paws. She didn't know what, but she could feel it in her bones. Something was wrong.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022   SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022 EmptySun Dec 11, 2022 2:42 pm

RainpawFourtrees

Rainpaw rarely missed a meeting if he could help it, so of course when he heard Birdchaser’s voice ring out, he was quick to join the gathering crowd. He could tell almost immediately, looking up at Birdchaser, that something was weighing on her. He knew that something had been weighing on her since Briarstar did not come to Fourtrees with the rest of the clan. He was not surprised when her next announcement came. He did not know Briarstar well. He wished he’d had the chance to properly meet her. Maybe he would in the future, but…

Until, or if, Briarstar returned, which could be a very long time from now, Birdchaser would be leading the clan. She had been doing so in all but name since the chaos began. He knew she would do well. He had no shortage of faith in Birdchaser. But he did not envy the position she held now, and his heart did a little twist seeing the stress and grief that bled through Birdchaser’s professionalism.

Her next announcement was not much of a surprise either, given that she and Wolfblossom have always seemed close, and Wolfblossom was both capable and kind. It did bring a tiny smile to Rainpaw’s face, though. He met Wolfblossom’s eyes when she glanced around, and he gave an encouraging little nod, trying to show support for the cats he considered family. He knew his opinion on the matter didn’t matter much, he was an apprentice after all, but still. He thought it was a good choice. He thought Wolfblossom would be great. He turned his head towards Birdchaser and offered her a tiny smile as well.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022   SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022 EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 11:55 am

Reluctantly the large molly gathered at the outskirts of the clan. Briarstar had not yet returned, and any fool could realize what was going to be said in this announcement. That thought made her blood boil. At this point, Trufflesnap really couldn't remember exactly what had made her hate Birdchaser so much. The reason she had settled on was that instead of caring about her as she laid dying in the medicine den, she was focusing on worming her way into leadership. That dumb, tail-licking molly got what she wanted, huh? With ears laid back her fur bristled as Birdchaser spoke. Mother came and didn't even speak with her? How dare she. Trufflesnap was the only one who truly stood up for her. Birdchaser was a sheep baww-ing to Briarstar about the decision in agreement. Fogfeather defended her, she thought... But not as hard as she. At this point, it didn't matter. The moons just tumbled her hatred into a bigger and bigger mound, as tightly knit together as the thickest and thorniest bramble. At least Wolfblossom...

was Deputy.

Of course Birdchaser would chose her. How could she have not seen it sooner? The miss-perfectt-make-happy was obviously the perfect choice for the nepotism train. Trufflesnap got so angry that her lungs tightened, forcing another coughing fit to wrack her body. 'Good, I hope that ruins the moment. Such a sweet, caring, sister-to-sister moment. I could almost cry from gooeyness.' Birdchaser continued, every word like a claw threatening to pop the balloon of rage.

She... She... 'I am the only sibling to not have power in this clan.' Digging her claws into the dirt, Trufflesnap couldn't handle anymore. If she stayed, she would do something very bad. Standing up abruptly, Trufflesnap offered no calling, as per tradition. She should be one of the first but she would not. Lashing her tail, Trufflesnap hacked her way out of the clan meeting.

Let them watch. Let them see.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022   SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022 Empty

Back to top Go down

SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony | December 2022
Page 1 of 1