Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

One Last Hunt! (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1248

One Last Hunt! (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: One Last Hunt! (Closed)   One Last Hunt! (Closed) EmptyMon 21 Nov 2022 - 20:28

It was clear to the warrior that she might be around much longer. There was no point in dwelling on the betrayal, the hurt, instead she would try to do what needed to be done before her inevitable departure. Two cats, she needed to talk to two cats, but one of them seemed to be elsewhere at the moment. That was a bummer, Silverwing desperately wanted to meet Russetpaw before it was too late, maybe get one more training session in so that the young she-cat would have one last fond memory of her previous mentor.I guess that can wait, I can go out with a bang! There was still one cat that she could see, Sleepypaw! Willing a bit of her usual vigor back into her voice, if only to keep up a strong visage for the apprentice, Silverwing trotted over. "Sleepypaw, I'm in the mood for a little company, care to join me on a hunt?" It was a step in the right direction, but Silverwing could still hear a lack of energy behind the façade. Hopefully Sleepypaw wouldn't notice.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

One Last Hunt! (Closed) Output12                   One Last Hunt! (Closed) Output10                          One Last Hunt! (Closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hunt! (Closed)   One Last Hunt! (Closed) EmptyMon 21 Nov 2022 - 22:25

Sleepypaw hadn't had anything negative to say about staying in Fourtrees with the rest of the clans. In fact, she hardly had time to sleep she was too excited talking to cats of other clans, hearing about their way of life. The apprentice had no interest in leaving Windclan of course, but she couldn't help to think about how it may be nice to do a sort of...exchange. A visit. To see how the other clans lived. To some, it may seem like she would be trying to steal their secrets. You could say that. Sleepy wanted to know everything! She wanted to know how they hunted, how their ceremonies were led, and how they divided up tasks. Sleepypaw was too curious to not run around to other clans and ask them all her questions.

She was daydreaming about what it would be like to be a Shadowclanner when Silverwing approached. She couldn't get over her paws getting wet. Shaking her head to get her out of her reverie she jumped to her paws, "Of course! Where are we goin'?" she mewed in response.

Sleepypaw noticed but didn't think much of it, the great shake had been stressful on everyone, especially the warriors. They were sending out twice as many patrols and resources were stretched as thin as their patience, "If you want to talk about anything, I have big ears." she said sincerely, holding her tongue from outright saying what she wanted to. Which was something along the lines of: TELL ME RIGHT NOW. WHY ARE YOU UPSET? STOP. WHERE'S MY ENERGETIC SILVERWING. BRING HER BACK NOW. If Silverwing met her eyes, she would probably see her thoughts in her gaze.

"speech."

we're off to never-never land —— info.
Reqs:

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hunt! (Closed)   One Last Hunt! (Closed) EmptyMon 21 Nov 2022 - 23:26

Silverwing jerked her head off to the side. "Just, out I guess. Maybe we can look around a little bit while we're out?" It truthfully didn't matter to her as long as she could get in one last hunting session with Sleepypaw. That comment about big ears earned a genuine laugh from Silverwing, and for a moment the smile that she wore felt real. The warrior's immediate thought was to dismiss the words as a simple yet effective joke, but something in the young cat's eyes refused to let her do so. The last time Silverwing had opened up to another cat they had disappeared, or rather the first time? Did that time with Brackenwing even count anymore? "Maybe I do, if you promise not to disappear on me." The absurdity of the words were undercut by the seriousness in the warrior's tone. With that, Silverwing lead the apprentice out of Fourtrees and in the direction of Windclan territory. When she was finally satisfied with their distance from the temporary living space, Silverwing sat down. "I do want to talk about something. You and Russetpaw are getting very close, aren't you? Every time I see one of you, the other is usually around." There was nothing wrong with that, actually Silverwing envied the two of them a little bit.

MORE ART!!:

One Last Hunt! (Closed) Output12                   One Last Hunt! (Closed) Output10                          One Last Hunt! (Closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hunt! (Closed)   One Last Hunt! (Closed) EmptyTue 22 Nov 2022 - 1:07

Sleepypaw nodded excitedly, "Sounds good!" she chirped.

Hearing Silverwing laugh made her laugh a little as well, it made her feel a little better.  She wiggled her ears and smiled hoping to keep the mood elevated, but she blinked at the warrior's words. Had Silverwing been reading her mind? Sleepypaw suddenly felt guilty for thinking about exploring. Her cheeks heated but she laughed it off, cats couldn't read minds. "I'd never leave ya'." she promised as they left Fourtrees. Her legs were growing by the second it seemed. She felt it now as she realized she didn't have to take as many steps to keep up with Silverwing. The training was starting to pay off, if she tried doing this much exercise as a kitten she would have to take a break and nap for a few hours.

"We are close. Partly because you and Blazefang are close." she pointed out. She thought of when she first met Russetpaw, technically back then, Silverwing had brought them together. If anyone was to blame for their friendship, Sleepypaw would give the honor to Silverwing. But that wasn't the whole truth. Sleepypaw couldn't say those were the only reasons she was friends with Russetpaw. Every time she wasn't busy with patrols or other tasks she was looking for an excuse to talk to Russetpaw. That meant they were...friends. Besties! She hadn't had a bestie before. Not unless you counted Vulturekit and Vixenkit, "Is that okay? That we're friends?" the calico added, sitting down next to Silverwing, she had forgotten why they had left but she was now filled with nerves. Her stomach was flipping and flopping like a fish out of water.

"speech."

Reqs:

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hunt! (Closed)   One Last Hunt! (Closed) EmptyTue 22 Nov 2022 - 10:40

Partly because of her and Blazefang. Yeah, that seemed right in a way. The thought that from the outside their friendship even seemed close to that level made her heart skip a beat. Silverwing had always searched for Blazefang as an apprentice, and for the most part kept the habit up as a warrior, switching off to Brackenwing when her old apprentice wasn't available. The love Silverwing had for her mentor was indeed confusing at times, but she couldn't deny that she was at her happiest around the warrior. "No, it's great that you're friends, actually. It means that you and I have a lot of opportunities to hang out too. I wanted to ask you about Russetpaw." Not entirely. "How do you think Russetpaw feels about me? You two keep throwing around that name, Russetwing, and it makes me feel really happy. The 'wing' in my name means a lot to me, and if it means even half as much to Russetpaw, then I... " Silverwing would have to spend much much more time with her apprentice if she had the same feelings toward the name. Russetpaw's feeling were clear for the most part, but a little confirmation would be nice. It wouldn't be the first time she had misread someone's feelings.

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hunt! (Closed)   One Last Hunt! (Closed) EmptySun 27 Nov 2022 - 16:34

The apprentice wrapped her tail around her paws. She couldn't deny that she didn't feel the same love for Blazefang as Silverwing did. But the calico also couldn't deny that she held a great amount of respect for the senior warrior. Part of her kept that distance because she viewed their relationship as purely business. She had great respect for mentors, especially her own. Being the best apprentice her mentor had ever had was much more important to her than being the best apprentice in the clan. She didn't want to be a burden.  

Although she would admit that she did seek out Silverwing and Russetpaw. They were her closest friends, her confidants. To her they weren't on another level, they were equals, regardless of Silverwings' warrior status.

I wanted to ask you about Russetpaw. Hm? Sleepypaw's ears perked as she listened to Silverwing speak. "Oh.." she mewed, stalling for time to think, "I can't exactly speak for her. But I believe she really looks up to you. We both do." Sleepypaw responded, "She chose 'wing' because, well...I don't really know...maybe she wanted to impress you and make you like her more if she chose wing." she continued frankly. The apprentice felt comfortable enough to truly speak her mind around Silverwing. There was nothing she couldn't confide in with the warrior.

"speech."

Reqs:

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hunt! (Closed)   One Last Hunt! (Closed) EmptySun 4 Dec 2022 - 23:38

Silverwing listened to the apprentice speak, hearing nothing that she hadn't already been able to figure out on her ow- wait, both? Silverwing could feel a smile breaking out across her face. Stars, had she really made that much of an impact on the two of them? She could understand Russetpaw, the bond between apprentice and mentor had always seemed like a strong one to her, but Sleepypaw too? "What was that? You look up to me, huh?" Knowing that meant way more to Silverwing than she would have ever thought possible. "Well as long as we're being honest here, you and Russetpaw mean a lot to me. I love that the two of you are so close, that just means that you'll have each other's backs. It's... nice, knowing that you have someone you can always rely on." Yeah, she envied them. "I thought that could be me and Blazefang, but she left me when the ground started to shake. I mean, I can't really blame her. She looked after you and Russetpaw, which I know was the smart move, and what I would have wanted her to do, but she didn't even come looking for me. I know I sound really selfish and stupid, but it hurts. I thought she would come for me." A bit of sadness crept into Silverwing's voice as she spoke. She felt like a mouse-brain for even feeling so hurt over something to stupid, but being able to talk to someone about it made the pain go away. Just a little. "Sorry, Sleepypaw. I shouldn't be saying things like that, should I?"

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hunt! (Closed)   One Last Hunt! (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

One Last Hunt! (Closed)
Page 1 of 1