Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5698

A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather] Empty
PostSubject: A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather]   A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather] EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 11:18 pm

Beechfang didn't slow her pace as she weaved through the streets of twolegplace. Gradually, busier sections turned hauntingly quiet. The barking of the dogs she'd heard earlier had faded, and she heard no pawsteps of the twoleg behind her, but the large tabby didn't slow. She and Bloodstrike had claimed the old twolegplace for their own, that was where she would find him, or at least a fresh scent, she hoped. If he hadn't gone out searching for trouble. With the way the ground had shaken, she could only guess that he had indeed gone looking for trouble, but she needed to check first.

As she neared a section of the old twolegplace that was closer to the fenceline separating it from the forest, Beechfang became aware of the slowly increasing sight of a few fallen tree limbs here, a wall that had crumbled even further there. Small cracked lined the sidewalk, but the damage didn't seem to be overly severe... It had certainly panicked the twolegs, though, and the former warrior was wise enough to know that if something panicked the twolegs, it was very likely to not be good for anyone at all.

She rounded a corner, the fenceline only a few blocks away. However, the scent of another cat caught her attention, and Beechfang slowed her pace slightly, hackles rising as she tried to identify it. There was something familiar about it... But it had been long enough and the scent was so muddled that she couldn't quite place it, especially not with her heart pounding in her ears like it was. Everything screamed in her to keep moving, to find Bloodstrike's trail and go after him, to get as far from the twolegs as possible. But the familiarity in the scent made her paws slow, however reluctantly.

"Hello?" She sounded more out of breath than she would've liked, and there was a faint tug in her abdomen where a large strip of fur still had yet to grow back from what the twolegs had done. But Beechfang thought she could handle herself, if it came to that.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind

Last edited by kjSage on Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather]   A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather] EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 8:26 am

Dawnfeather was scared.

Had it been moons ago she’d stolen away in the early morn, leaving a few tokens by the cats she loved? Had it truly been moons ago that Prima and Muddy and Holly had all, all gone- yet the pain was as sharp and as striking as if it were yesterday.

She hadn’t found them. All she’d found were sharp tongues and sharper claws, apart from a few kindly cats who nonetheless firmly sent her on her way. No room in their hearts for anyone that wasn’t family- and as time passed, an ache grew in her chest.

She didn’t know where to find Prima and Muddy and Holly. And, though she was near her home, the earthquake that had split open the morning calm had sent her up the nearest ledge, claws digging into rock. She was still there, wondering if it was safe to make a break for home when- for a second, she couldn’t place the voice- she peeked over the edge of the ledge she was on, keen blue eyes gauging the distance between her and the other cat-

Wait.

Wait wait wait wait wait.

Despite the doubt and the fear Dawnfeather could do nothing but leap down from the ledge and (somewhat gently at least) press herself into her aunt’s fur, stifling a sob. Maybe the silver tabby would have harsh words for her… but Dawnfeather could take it. She could take anything, really, just to be back with the ones she loved-

“I’m sorry I left- I couldn’t find them- they’re gone, really gone…” her voice trailed off. They were gone. Just like that- but at least, now, Dawnfeather had found what remained of her family.

She wasn’t about to let anyone else slip through her paws.
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather]   A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather] EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 10:16 am

"Dawnfeather, you're safe." Beechfang breathed. She'd searched for her sister, her nephew, her nieces, as long as she could. It had been so long, but Dawnfeather's appearance made her heart soar, one of the many weights bearing down on her broad shoulders lifting at last. She was safe, or as safe as one could be for the moment. The lynx point buried herself into Beechfang's fur, and Beechfang nuzzled the top of her head, purring. "Missed you, kiddo. I searched for you, and them. As much as I could." Hopefully they were safe, wherever they were. At least one of them had made it back. "I'm sorry."

The wind shifted slightly, bringing with it a scent. Several hours old, but Beechfang fixated on it immediately, head lifting as she turned. It lead toward the edge of twolegplace. Father... Where are you?

"Come on, let's get you back to Skyclan. You felt the earth shaking too, didn't you?" She asked, "Whatever it was, I don't know. It doesn't seem to have affected twolegplace all that badly, maybe the forest is fine. But I need to find your grandfather." She didn't think Dawnfeather would need reminding of how utterly featherbrained Bloodstrike could be, at least. And Dawnfeather would hear the renewed sense of urgency in her voice, she was sure. And she was likely to notice that her scent was very different to that of the Skyclan she knew.

"You... Missed a lot. A whole lot." She winced at the tone in her voice, "Bloodstrike isn't in Skyclan anymore... Neither am I. I'll explain while we walk. I just-" Need to find the right words. There were no right words for this.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather]   A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather] EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 10:33 am

There were no words even Dawnfeather could find for the joy that soared within her, all the more sweet for the bitter gall of lonely sorrow she’d struggled under for so, so long. She felt like if she tried she could fly, take wing like a hawk and soar to the stars. But she wouldn’t try- she was perfectly happy right here, for a moment joy freezing over the depths of despair and loss that still lingered within her heart.

Perhaps Dawnfeather should’ve noticed the wind shift and the faint scent- yet she didn’t, and it was faults like these that had made her time in Twolegplace so difficult. What she did notice was Beechaunt noticing it. “Back to SkyClan? Oh, yes! I was almost there, really, but then the world fell apart slightly??? Or something like that??? I wasn’t sure if it was safe to go anywhere yet, or if the world would continue to fall apart- if it did maybe the stars would come down because it wouldn’t exactly be the world anymore, right?”

Right, Bloodstrike. Er, Bloodstar. “I’m sure he’s safe! Surely he has at least a few lives left, right?” She purred, trying to reassure her strangely anxious aunt. But she stood, ready to go- if Beechaunt wanted to head almost anywhere, really, Dawnfeather would follow. At this moment she’d rather face a pack of ravenous dogs than even risk losing anyone again.

Oh. That was why she was anxious. “Oh, alright. Like Wolfstar- er, Wolfcall?” Wolfstar had left SkyClan to try to find a new home for them- it seemed Bloodstrike had too. Maybe that was just a thing they did? Oh, and he’d taken Beechaunt with him, like Wolfstar had taken Jun-… Juni-… Juniper? Junipertwig? Juniperbright? That sounded about right- like Wolfstar had taken Juniperbright.

“Alright, ready to go!” She beamed, purposefully glossing over the tone in her aunt’s words. Everything was fine. Everything would be perfectly fine, now that she was home. Prima and Muddy and Holly? Watching over her from StarClan, she was sure. They would be happy to see Dawnfeather return home- and now Beechaunt could probably come back, too? She couldn’t wait to see Smokema, and Dandelionflight, and Ashaunt!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather]   A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather] EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 11:07 am

"I don't know, but it let me get away from the twolegs. I'd been stuck there for... a little over a half-moon." And she had no intention of ever going back. "The twoleg that had trapped me seemed pretty scared of it, too. If twolegs are scared... I don't know. I don't trust it." She mewed, beginning to follow her father's scent.

"No... Not... Exactly. I wish it had been that, instead." Beechfang grimaced, "I... Made a mistake. Did something I shouldn't have." Murder was a bit more than a 'mistake.' Beechfang's tail lashed once. Time to rip the cobwebs off and face it. Let Dawnfeather judge her aunt as she would. "Riverclan's medicine cat, Cloverheart-" She nearly choked on the name, "We... Encountered each other by the river. She was on the SKyclan side of it. We... Argued." Ha, argued, as if it was just a squabble over who got the the fatter piece of prey. "She drowned." And Beechfang had held her down, too incensed to care as the Riverclanner's struggles had grown weaker.

"I was exiled to avoid a war with Riverclan, dad decided to come with me. He's tired of losing family too, I guess. Briarstar leads Skyclan now." She explained briefly, "Ashstorm-" it should've been Ashstorm leading Skyclan, "A fox got to her." Foxes... How many of her kin had died to them? Foxes and Dawnhawk, the true scourges of the forest. Sagelight, Dustpaw, Swansong... She remembered vividly the deep scarlet soaking Smokefeather's fur, while a scared-out-of-his-fur Copperpaw couldn't speak. And so many others. Beechfang shook her head, trying to shake off the memory.

And then there was everything that had happened before Cloverheart, before her exile... The thought of explaining that to Dawnfeather made her stomach twist. Smokefeather... "Mom's gone too." She rasped hoarsely. "Dawnhawk- He brought the dark forest down on us all. They were defeated but..." I killed her, and she haunted camp for moons. And then she came back to fight her own son and disappeared. It sounded absolutely absurd, and yet was exactly what had happened. Could she spare Dawnfeather the details? She deserved the truth, but... Foxdung!

"There were... Sacrifices. To Starclan. To- To help fight off the dark forest." The dark forest that she had trained under, unwittingly. Stupid, stupid, stupid. "Mom was one. She's gone." Completely. 'Don't do anything rash,' she had said. Beechfang should've listened. Too late now. "Dawnhawk's gone too. Dead, for real." And Pigeonsun, poor Lynxpetal. Her son had been a warrior to be proud of.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather]   A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather] EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 11:35 am

Dawnfeather followed obediently behind Beechaunt, just like she had always done. It was comforting, to match the rhythm of her aunt’s paws on the ground. Beechaunt knew where she was going, so Dawnfeather didn’t have to worry. It was so, so reassuring to simply follow instead of having to lead, even if it was just herself. The world splitting apart- of course that was scary! Goodness. She wondered what was at the center of the world- if the world did really split apart, she could see. Maybe it was a mini-world, with a mini-Dawnfeather. That would be cool!

Dawnfeather nearly chuffed at Beechaunt’s next words, though she managed to restrain it due to the silver tabby’s tone. “We all make mistakes,” she purred, resting her tail on her aunt’s flank for a moment, but let her continue. A RiverClanner had crossed the river and then drowned whilst arguing with Beechaunt? The obvious solution did not come to mind- no thoughts of murder so much as brushed across Dawnfeather’s brain. “Oh dear, I’m sure she’d realize there was nothing you could do. No one expects a SkyClanner to try to swim when a RiverClanner couldn’t. And she should know better, really, not to argue while swimming. Very distracting, that.”

“RiverClan wanted war?” She asked, ears pinned for a moment. “I’m… I’m sure it was a miscommunication…” the words trailed off. “Briar… Briarthorn? Wait- didn’t she accidentally kill some ThunderClanner? Why did you get exiled for an accident and she didn’t? Ash… Ashaunt… oh. I’ll miss her.” A moment of true sadness- then Dawnfeather looked up at the sky for a second. The stars, even if she couldn’t see them, were always there. And that was a reassuring thought- that Ashaunt was watching over her and she didn’t even know it!

Beechaunt continued… oh.

It had been hard, on the streets, and Dawnfeather hadn’t had the strength- the barrier she’d kept up for so, so long was leaking… the memories attempting to resurface… but she didn’t want to think about it. She wasn’t going to think about it. Maplepaw, her name had been—

Hawkuncle had escaped more tight situations than she could count. Either he was out there hiding… or Dawnhawk had finally paid for his crimes.

She was no judge. She wouldn’t decide.

“I’ll miss them…” her voice trailed off once more as she followed. But she’d make new friends, find new family. She was sure of it- and surely if Beechaunt was heading this way they were both returning to SkyClan, right? And then everything would be fine, like it always had been
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather]   A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather] EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 12:01 pm

((Omg I missed Dawn so much))

"It- It... Wasn't. A mistake, at the time." Beechfang closed her eyes for a moment. Dawnfeather hadn't lost her spirit, her doggedly stubborn belief that everything was good in the world. Whatever Beechfang could've said died in her throat as Dawnfeather protested, and it took her several long moments to find her voice again.

"Yes, that Briarthorn. Thunderclan handled things differently when they found out about that. Minkstar was always level-headed and respectable. He could've pushed for exile, for execution, demanded war, and he didn't. And he had wise counsel in Dovefrost." A pang of grief sliced at her heart for the fluffy tom. There could never have been enough time between them, for everything she had wanted to say to her mate and never gotten the chance to. Another good cat, ripped away far too soon. "Our circumstances weren't quite the same. Briarstar... We both made our mistakes. We both paid for them, just in different ways." She could've said it wasn't fair, but then, "I argued for her exile once, too." Briarstar had shown Beechfang far more grace than she had ever deserved.

Beechfang returned the gesture, fluffy tail brushing Dawnfeather's pelt in turn. "I miss them, too." At least, she thought, Smokefeather no longer suffered. Perhaps she didn't have to look down upon the wreck of her family, forced to watch them stumble from one mistake to the next either. Someone in the family deserved their final rest, and Beechfang didn't think it was herself.

Bloodstrike's scent led unerringly toward the fence, and it wasn't long before it was in sight. Beechfang leaped to the top of it, and swore under her breath as she stared out at Skyclan's territory beyond. "...I think... I think I know where he went." She mewed. Even from this distance, she could see that several trees had outright fallen. "Foxdung, twolegplace wasn't nearly as damaged. Look at the fallen trees." The realization slowly dawned (ha) on her, a sinking suspicion in her gut. "Camp... If it's anything like what's around the border..." Beechfang shuddered, as she inhaled the cleaner forest air for the first time in moons.

"We have to make sure they're okay."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather]   A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather] EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 12:39 pm

((lol ‘dawned’ on her))

Dawnfeather gave a fond purr as Beechaunt continued. Obviously she regretted not going after the RiverClanner- but regret was a good thing, in small doses. Besides… maybe it was selfish of Dawnfeather, but she would much, much rather have Beechaunt safe and sound than have her risk her life for somecat already dead. Surely the RiverClanner, whoever it was, would understand that the stars had called her name.

So… a ShadowClanner was leader of SkyClan now? Okay. With a mental shrug, Dawnfeather listened to the rest of what the larger molly had to say. “That’s different. RiverClan’s just- I don’t know. Whatever they think they’re doing… they’re a bit misguided, I think. And, well… at least you can see when you made mistakes! That’s really important too,” she purred, pressing up against her aunt for a second as the haze of grief settled over them both for a moment. It was important to grieve, yet more important to move on, really. No one would want their loved ones to linger too long over what they had lost- instead, Dawnfeather held fond memories in her heart, even soured as they might be at times.

Despite how tired Dawnfeather had been these past moons, being back with someone she knew, and trusted, and loved- it put a spring in her step, let her bound along beside Beechaunt with a beaming smile, head held high. The fence came into view, and Dawnfeather leapt upon it with grace, twitching her nose. Her grandfather’s scent led… towards devastation.

Trees lay splintered and cracked on the ravaged ground. So many… so many trees had fallen, died, crashed- lost their elegant dignity and now lay ignoble on the earth, to be swallowed and returned to dust. It tore at Dawnfeather’s heartstrings- to see the trees she’d loved so broken and crippled… her keen eye saw that even the ones still standing were hurt, broken- dangerous to climb in. The forest had been hit harder than she’d imagined. To another cat the loss of the trees might not have hurt so much… but for Dawnfeather, they were more than trees. They were memories, fond times engrained into the smooth bark. They were ways to feel closer to those she’d lost-

The great oak she’d spent so much sweet time with Beetlepaw in- she couldn’t see it- maybe, maybe it had just shrunk? Or the forest had grown around it? She twitched her tail nervously. That tree had so, so many fond memories wrapped around it, manifest in the scratches where she’d taught him to climb, or the hollow where they’d watched the sunset-

Beechaunt’s words startled her out of her daze. Right. She gave a nod and readied herself to run after the silver tabby. She couldn’t do anything to save the trees she’d loved… but she could- she had to do something to save what remained of her family.

Else they, too, became mere memory.
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather]   A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather] EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 2:10 pm

((I suppose it's safe to wrap this one up? I'll post in the "gathering" topic when I'm not double-posting lol))

Riverclan, misguided? Beechfang could only snort at that. She had never held any love for the water-loving clan, not after Spiderquill's lies, not after Ivystar had dragged her own sister into battle against Skyclan, and certainly not after everything that had happened with the diminutive medicine cat Cloverheart. Perchstar was a kit playing at the games of a leader - a vengeful kit, just as Beechfang had once been. Who would rather lead her clan into bloodshed than see reason. If her exile had been what it took to avoid that bloodshed, then so be it. Beechfang would prefer that her kits not grow up the way she had.

Beechfang stared out at the trees for a moment, gathering herself. There was no telling the damage that could have occurred farther into the territory, but she was absolutely certain that Bloodstrike had headed for camp. It would be the only reason he would head back into Skyclan territory, and she couldn't blame him for that. They both had kits there, and Beechfang knew his history with Briarstar was... Complicated, but she was sure that no matter how things had gone with Dovefrost, she would've wanted to make sure he was safe, too. And her kits... Deputy, medicine cats... She needed to make sure they were safe. She hadn't seen them in moons (her own fault, yes, yes), and she had never wanted to be an absent parent like she had been to her first litter with Wrenspring.

"Let's move, quickly." She urged Dawnfeather. Beechfang herself was tired too, a half-moon spent in twoleg care, and the mild, still lingering tug in her abdomen was going to be a bit more painful later, but she didn't care. She would look out for her family, regardless of being exiled or not.

Muscles tensing, Beechfang sprang from the fence, paws finding easy purchase on the rocky terrain.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather]   A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather] EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 5:02 pm

Fogfeather
Fogfeather can hardly remember what it was like to do anything but run. It may have only been a moon or so in reality, but to the once-mighty medicine cat it felt as though his whole existence had been wiped away, replaced by capture and daring escape, only to be captured again. The Snatchers with their nets were faster than they seemed, cruel and aggressive with their fear-smelling Monsters. He was lucky to escape before the cutters managed to get to him, but not lucky enough; he had run right into a twoleg nest.

Over and over again that was the narrative— cage to cutters to twolegplace to twolegplace, constantly running, never stopping, never having the time to remember when he was Fogfeather and not just some feral cat. He now knew the taste of kittypet kibble, and felt what it was like to sleep on a kittypet bed. He felt what it was like to be trapped and caged.

Fogfeather had become nothing but a mindless, instinct-driven rogue. Once, what felt like eons ago, he had held one of the closest bonds with StarClan out of any cat in his clan. They hadn’t uttered a word to him through visions or dreams in moons.

But maybe— just maybe-- StarClan’s eyes were finally upon him.

After moons of wandering twolegplaces and thunderpaths, he finally stumbled upon a forest that smelled just faintly like home. As medicine cat, Fogfeather rarely left camp, was unfamiliar with the surrounding forests and borders, but a kit would know the scent of his clan no matter what had driven them apart or how long he had been gone. It dangled there, teasingly. SkyClan was near.

His mother was near.

Fogfeather swiveled his head madly from side to side in an attempt to catch the scent again— it may have just been his worn out mind, but he swore he had caught the lingering scent of Beechfang, somewhere in this wood. It took a moment, the green-eyed tom growing nervous and restless with the time spent unmoving, but he managed to pick it up again; Beechfang was certainly near, wandering the border as he was.

The tom made a mad dash in the direction of the scent, awakened and alive for the first time in moons. Grass and underbrush were trampled under his large paws, his uncoordinated gait undoubtedly alerting any cats nearby, but Fogfeather couldn’t bring himself to care or calm down. His clan, his mother, his sisters, his friends…

Tumbling out of the grass, Fogfeather stood with a wild look in his usually dull eyes, green irises blown and wide as he stared at Beechfang. He hardly cared to acknowledge or process the company she had with her, an unfamiliar she-cat who seemed too weak to be a threat. ”Mother…” Fogfeather breathed, heaving from the sprint and the tumble.

Finally, he had made it home.

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather]   A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather] EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 5:13 pm

((good to see you again Muggy! Dawn will be so excited to learn that she shares a suffix with her cousin))

Dawnfeather nodded once more. They had to move, and quickly- her paws itched to run and help, rather than stand and do- well, not nothing- but mourning must wait else it multiply. She hurt- each gaping wound upon the territory seemingly reflected on her tender heart- yet if she waited, to nurse her wounds and mourn all those she had lost (too, too many- too many to lose, too many to love) she would have to dig more graves, bury more dear ones. She hadn’t time to mourn, not yet.

Pawsteps in the grass- Dawnfeather, fixated as she was on her home, family, and friends, hardly realized another cat was approaching until it was too late- he could’ve pounced on her, easy- but she didn’t have to be alert, not in her aunt’s shadow. Beechaunt could take on anything that would try to harm her, she was sure.

The other cat, a grey tom, hardly looked healthy, an odd glimmer in his eyes. It reminded her of Bloodstrike and Dawnhawk, all at once, but before Dawnfeather could evaluate the strange newcomer, she had to evaluate his words. Right? Words were the way to the soul, or was that the eyes? If it was the eyes, this new cat was thoroughly crazy, but she’d give him the benefit of the doubt and suppose it was words.

A beaming smile spread across her face as she flicked her aunt’s flank with her tail. “Oh my StarClan, Beechaunt, you had kittens??? What’s your name, strange cat? Wait- sorry- that’s not very polite. I’m Dawnfeather! Your cousin! Are you alright?” She took a step forwards, intending to wrap her new cousin in a warm embrace- but the streets had finally hammered it into her brain to wait and make sure, so instead she settled with waving her tail with a fond look in her eyes.

She had just met this cat, her cousin- she didn’t even know his name- but she would already die for him.
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather]   A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather] EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 5:30 pm

Pawsteps quickly approaching had Beechfang spinning towards them, ears beginning to flatten. Rogue, or perhaps a Skyclan patrol. A Skyclanner would be good, they would know more of what had just happened out here than she did, and they could take Dawnfeather home. But she needed to find her father either way.

'Mother,' Beechfang blinked, a flicker of surprise crossing her expression for a moment. The tom in front of her had grown leaner than she remembered, looking haggard and... very much desperate. He'd been the last cat she'd expected out here, and by his scent, he hadn't been around Skyclan much these days either. He belonged to this forest, though, and she was glad to see him, no matter their complicated thoughts on each other. He was still her son.

"Fogfeather," She managed a raspy purr. "What have you-" She cut herself off, quickly, however. "Nevermind that, I'm glad to see you." She pressed forward with a purr, brushing against Fogfeather's side. He'd found trouble, clearly... Just as she had. He was very much like her, and that... That was scary. But he was here, that meant he was safe.

Dawnfeather's words registered, and she huffed out a short laugh. "Yeah... This is Fogfeather, Skyclan's... medicine cat." Maybe it had been fate, that the son of two medicine cats would become one himself. "Right, you've been gone, you missed a lot, Dawnfeather." Her whiskers twitched, "My kits are in Skyclan still, I'm sure you'll get along with them. Or make them get along with you." Dawnfeather just had that air about her, it made it hard for anyone to truly dislike her.

"Come on, let's get you both home." And find my idiot father.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather]   A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather] EmptyMon Nov 07, 2022 4:37 pm

Fogfeather
Fogfeather blinked owlishly, turning attention to his mothers companion. Upon a second glance, the stranger seemed comfortable, familiar and close to Beechfang— definitely SkyClan, at least once long ago. She seemed friendly and unphased— definitely SkyClan then, used to Beechfang’s drama-- and smiled welcomingly at her cousin. Cousin; Beechfang’s niece. Fogfeather’s kin, no matter how sunny she seemed next to him and his mother.

He felt the urge to smile back, cuddle closer— a new, strange and unwelcome feeling for old cranky Fogfeather. He decided very quickly that he did not trust Dawnfeather.

”I… I’ll be better when I’m on SkyClan soil.” Fogfeather utters after a moment of silence, answering his new cousin’s prodding. ”For once, I agree with Mother. We need to go quickly.”

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather]   A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather] EmptyMon Nov 07, 2022 5:43 pm

Wait.

Fogfeather?

For a moment, the sorrow of seeing her beloved trees felled was chased from her heart by the absolute joy of learning she shared a suffix with her cousin. Just like her and Smokema, they were obviously destined to be best friends. Dawnfeather’s smile grew, if possible, even brighter. Obviously this was StarClan’s way of reassuring her, of welcoming her back home, reminding her that she belonged here.

“Kits? Kits, plural?” The golden molly practically vibrated with joy. More cousins! More cats to love! “I’m sure I will too, Beechaunt!” she purred. Glossing over the whole for once I agree part, she nodded at her cousin’s words. As soon as Beechaunt or Fogfeather took off into SkyClan territory, Dawnfeather would be right behind them every step of the way.
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather]   A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather] EmptyMon Nov 07, 2022 5:59 pm

"You heard me." She responded to Dawnfeather, giving her chest fur a quick lick. "Now come, we've spent enough time chatting out here." And with that, her paws began to move. Skyclan would be glad to have their long-lost warrior and medicine cat returned to them, and she would be happier to know that her kin were safe.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather]   A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Welcome Sight [Dawnfeather/Fogfeather]
Page 1 of 1