Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderpaw, [T]Thistlekit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2273

Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer] Empty
PostSubject: Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer]   Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer] EmptyFri 28 Oct 2022 - 21:47

ShadowClan Warrior

ROSEBURN
As much as Roseburn was currently mad at Stoatstrike as it was, she could see the tom was right on one thing. She had to start going out again. She couldn't just shut herself away forever. She had been healed, or as much so as she was going to be. She was only delaying her true recovery. She was so scared of not being a warrior, but she never would be one if she didn't try.

So with her owl draped over her shoulder, she set out of camp. Not that she was really going to do anything, yet. No, she wasn't ready for that yet. She still needed time. She tried hunting, and she hadn't even caught anything more than some fresh wounds on her back. Although she supposed she did get a new pelt out of it. It wasn't the pelt she had dreamed of, the rite definitely wasn't planned, but as much as she hated that Stoatstrike decided it on his own, she did manage to kill the owl by herself. She wasn't fully sure she would be able to do that again. So yes, she settled. It wasn't a thing of pride like for the rest of the Clan. Not like it should have been for her. It was just a slight hope that maybe, just maybe, she wasn't a total failure.

She couldn't say why her paws took her to the thunderpath. Maybe she just hoped the noise could drown out the thoughts in her head. Take her thoughts away.

Sitting down, she closed her eyes, letting the noise take her away. It was no bird song, but it was enough.

Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer] SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | #4E5A64
Adderpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #99b586 (Forest) #1e5c2f (Feral) (Not Pictured)
Thistlekit | WindClan Kit | #c0673a (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6059

PostSubject: Re: Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer]   Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer] EmptyTue 1 Nov 2022 - 10:22

Nightdancer wasn't sure why she edged toward the Thunderpath day after day; it was an unpleasant place and one that held no pleasant memories. She was maintaining border security, perhaps. There were better places for solitude, after all: empty spots by the riverside, hidden places in the undergrowth, the edges of the Stony Hollow, even Snakerocks was at least a prettier place to waste her time. The Thunderpath was loud and always smelled bad, and yet...

Whatever the reason, she found herself there once again; and startled at first at what she found- an owl-beast on the other side, low to the ground. A second glance revealed a cat hauling an owl over their shoulder, for some purpose or another. A third glance revealed that it wasn't a whole owl, or at least she didn't think so- it was hard to tell, so far away.

Deciding to venture her curiosity to the cat on the other side, she spoke. "...Owl-beast?"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer]   Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer] EmptyTue 1 Nov 2022 - 10:33

ShadowClan Warrior

ROSEBURN
A voice spoke from the other side of the thunderpath. A voice that Roseburn recognized all too well. And a bit of panic coursed through her. This was not how she had wanted Nightdancer to see her. A mutilated mess like she was. But maybe she hadn't recognized her. Maybe she could still run, and Nightdancer would be none the wiser.

But at the same time, she missed having a real friend to talk to.

"Yeah, it was Nightstar's idea. He's got us all wearing predators now. A sort of rite of passage, I guess. You kill one, you keep it. This is what I got. It's nice seeing you again, Nightdancer."

Even if she felt humiliated with how she looked.

Art by Copperbeanz

Adderpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #99b586 (Forest) #1e5c2f (Feral) (Not Pictured)

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer]   Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer] EmptyTue 1 Nov 2022 - 10:43

The fact that the voice coming from the cat was familiar, as well as being familiar with her, was a surprise- but once she recognized it, she blinked. Roseburn looked- different. Could an owl really do that? And to think she'd always thought snakes were the worst of them.

"Roseburn! I didn't realize- but it's good to see you, too." Despite herself, she couldn't help the hint of affection in her voice. It was rare that she felt wholly comfortable around any cat, a role that none of her Clanmates had been able to fulfil since Eggdrop's disappearance. "...Hunting predators? That's... Bold, isn't it?" she mused. Nightstar had seemed imposing when he resided in ThunderClan, though, so it wasn't quite as surprising as she would have thought it would be.

The ThunderClan warrior studied her friend's form as well as she could at a distance, not wanting to be rude and comment on the shift in her appearance. Roseburn could speak about it on her own terms, if she chose. "...The feathers are pretty," is what she said, eventually. "Not as pretty as prey-birds, but pretty. And they look soft."

Nightdancer blinked.

"...Then again, if you were hunting it, does that make it a prey-bird? Do you eat them? Do they taste different than other birds do?"

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer]   Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer] EmptySun 13 Nov 2022 - 19:32

ShadowClan Warrior

ROSEBURN
Roseburn couldn't help but chuckle as Nightdancer threw a flurry of innocent questions her way. She wouldn't have thought the molly would have been so interested, but it was nice to have something to talk about, that wasn't a hard subject at least.

"Nightstar is a bold cat. Dumb at times, but definitely bold. He wants to make us feared, and he's doing a good job, that's for sure. The owl wasn't that hard, though. You just need to go after the right predator. I wouldn't suggest a badger. I don't know if you met Snowfoot while we were in your camp, but she doesn't even remember who she is anymore because of one. And I- well, yeah. This ugly mess, heh."

She didn't want to talk about that. And she shouldn't have even mentioned the Snowfoot situation. Stars, why was it just so easy to talk to Nightdancer? It was like she didn't want to hold anything back, even if she really should.  

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer]   Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer] EmptyMon 14 Nov 2022 - 20:01

"Snowfoot?" Nightdancer asked. She didn't recall a cat by that name- but then, aside from Nightstar and Roseburn, she hadn't particularly cared to learn. "I don't recall, no... We probably met briefly, though, if she was in ThunderClan. I'm sorry that something so awful happened, though. I can't imagine watching anyone go through that."

She wasn't particularly close to her own Clanmates, despite her devotion to ThunderClan; but the thought was still enough to leave a decidedly bitter taste in her mouth. Worse than the traveling herbs she'd eaten before her trip to the Moonstone.

The words held a sincerity that surprised her. That a badger had done this was- well, it at least explained why it had been hard for her to recognize Roseburn at first.

"...I'm glad you're- at least alright, all things considered."

Part of her wanted to apologize for mistaking her for a bird-creature, but she also didn't want to sound completely stupid.

"I wish I could say it's been eventful for me... Well. I suppose it has, just... Not in a way I'd like."

The words spilled out without her thinking them through.

She closed her eyes for a moment, sighing deeply. It stung to remember that Milkpaw and Whitepaw and Shadepaw were dead; that Hornetpaw and Eggdrop were never coming home.

"I suppose I'm an only child, now. Instead of just feeling like one."

Saying it, instead of just thinking it, lent it a sense of finality. It was a level of acceptance she wasn't sure she was ready for.

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer]   Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer] EmptyTue 15 Nov 2022 - 17:43

ShadowClan Warrior

ROSEBURN
Roseburn shook her head, a half-hearted chuckle escaping her. "I never really liked Snowfoot, but what she is going through.... I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Not even her. Stars, she doesn't even remember her own poor kits. And the worst part is is that she still has some parts of her life. She remembers back when she was an apprentice, but nothing beyond that. The poor thing had just lost her father and now she thinks he is still alive. She thinks her friends are still alive. Stars, she has to go through all of that again. We can shelter her as much as possible, but she is going to find out."

She let out a sigh. Nobody deserved to go through that, not even a pretentious foxheart like Snowfoot. She actually felt bad.

Then Nightdancer revealed she was an only child now, and Roseburn's heart broke for her. "I'm so sorry" She meant it, too. She really was sorry. She didn't like seeing Nightdancer in such pain. "I wish I could go over there and comfort you. You look like you at least need a hug. If only borders weren't a thing..."

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer]   Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer] EmptyWed 16 Nov 2022 - 20:51

The description of Snowfoot's situation was sobering- she couldn't imagine wishing that on anyone, even a cat she hated. But she brushed it aside- she couldn't take everyone's problems for her own, especially those of cats she'd only maybe briefly met.

"If only. If wishes were squirrels, we'd be rich indeed," Nightdancer said simply in response to Roseburn's words. "Life is difficult, isn't it? It finds new ways to haunt us every time. All we can do is find new ways to endure, day by day."

Stars, that sounded bleak. Was that all that life had become to her? The near-solid black warrior looked skyward, then back to the ground.

"It's hard... It's always been hard. But I was trying to- to mend things, with my sister; to be there for her, and now she's gone. I don't know... Did I do something to earn this? Is it penance for some sin I can't remember? I know I haven't always been kind, but... What could any cat do to deserve this?"

She closed her eyes again.

"It doesn't feel like I- I don't know how to talk to my own Clanmates most of the time. I sleep, I hunt, I train my apprentice- but it's like I'm only halfway there. The rest of me is somewhere else, and I don't know where."

The words kept coming, against her will. Roseburn had understood her once, twice- surely she could do so again, when no one else seemed able to follow?

At the very least, the ShadowClan warrior hadn't judged her- no more than she had deserved, at least.

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer]   Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer] EmptyWed 16 Nov 2022 - 21:07

ShadowClan Warrior

ROSEBURN
Roseburn let out a sigh. "I wish I had all the answers to give to you. I think the worst part is, there isn't always a reason. Things just happen, and there is nothing we can do about it. We can't choose who lives and who dies. No cat can."

For a moment, Roseburn was quiet. Contemplating her words. And then she spoke up again.

"I think... I think there is always going to be pain. When you love someone, at some point you are bound to lose them. But at the same time, you can't stop loving. Things aren't always easy, if they were then there would be no value in them. If we did what was easy, then there wouldn't be anything to live for. We would never feel what happiness is. So we have to keep pushing, even though it is hard."

She gave a bit of a huff. "I know what you mean, feeling separated in your own Clan. Not knowing how to talk to them. If I do talk, it's like I always say something wrong. They always get mad. Most of them don't even want to be around me anymore because of it. All I can do is go through the motions of every day. I'm..... I'm honestly still trying to get back to myself again. To really feel whole, after everything that's happened. I know if anyone heard me say this I would so be dead, it's wrong that this is even on my mind, but part of me was happier. In ThunderClan, I mean. With you."

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer]   Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer] EmptyWed 16 Nov 2022 - 21:22

Nightdancer listened carefully as the ShadowClan warrior spoke, drinking in each word like it was precious water.

"Of course not," she murmured. "It would be too easy, if there was a reason. Something solid on which to place blame. Still- I was happy, I think. When things were simple. Or maybe I just think I was now, because the sadness won't go away. I suppose nothing starts to feel like happiness, if you've wished for it long enough."

She shook her head, clearing that thought away. Once more, too bleak. It wasn't something worth keeping, was it?

"I don't speak often enough for anyone to get mad, anymore. Only to Sunpaw, and that's really only because I have to."

It would be hard to train her apprentice if she was silent, wouldn't it? A fun challenge for her, perhaps, but not for Sunpaw.

"It was easier," she agreed. "It is easier with you, even now. To have someone who understands. They'd be furious if they knew we thought it at all- but who says they have to know? My thoughts are my own, and for the most part I keep them to myself. It's simpler that way, isn't it?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer]   Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer] Empty

Back to top Go down

Take Me The Long Way Around [Nightdancer]
Page 1 of 1