Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Once an offer, now an obligation (closed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1308

Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Once an offer, now an obligation (closed)   Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) EmptySun 23 Oct 2022 - 23:08

A chill breeze permeated the Shadowclan camp as Sablestrike set his sights on the medicine den. He didn't want to go inside, the pain of his mother staring at him and not knowing who he was too great for him to face, he wasn't ready for something like that. It seemed that luck was on his side however, since the cat he had come for was sitting just outside the medicine den's entrance. Padding over to her, he cocked his head slightly to the side. "Excuse me, Roseburn right?" His tone was mildly playful as he spoke. "If I recall correctly, you owe you me a training session. Now, I'm not an apprentice anymore, but I've come to collect that debt since it seems you're well enough to leave the den."
Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmstorm, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderpaw, [T]Thistlepaw
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T4 Warrior, [E]RiverClan T1 Warrior, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Apprentice, [T]WindClan Apprentice
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2325

PostSubject: Re: Once an offer, now an obligation (closed)   Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) EmptyMon 24 Oct 2022 - 13:56

ShadowClan Warrior

ROSEBURN
With Snow-whoever in the medicine den, Roseburn had been feeling increasingly awkward being in there. This was someone who she wasn't supposed to get along with. Except she didn't remember her. And it felt.... weird. She didn't know how she was supposed to act around the molly. Should she be hostile, act like nothing changed? Should she be kind, and essentially coddle her? Not knowing what to do, Roseburn just chose to be absent. That seemed like the best route to take.

But apparently being outside of the medicine den left her vulnerable to excursions.

"Ah, Sablestrike! Uh, congratulations on the name by the way, but I don't think it is a good time for training. I know I promised, and I will make good on that promise, but I, uh, I still kind of have to....... relearn everything." She muttered the last words, looking away in shame. A full-grown warrior, and she has to learn to be a warrior again. It was humiliating, not to mention scary. There was still that question in her mind of what if she couldn't? There was no cat who could just teach her how to work with a jaw like this. This wasn't something any other cat had. And it was terrifying.

Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) Sfr52Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) Sfr5bOnce an offer, now an obligation (closed) Sfr5LOnce an offer, now an obligation (closed) Sfr5KOnce an offer, now an obligation (closed) Sfr59
Click Icons for Profiles
Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)

PostSubject: Re: Once an offer, now an obligation (closed)   Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) EmptyMon 24 Oct 2022 - 21:01

In his haste to have her repay her debt, he had somehow forgotten how hard it was to understand her. It took him entirely too long to figure out what she had said, but he had made out the key points just like he had in their first meeting. Something about his name, probably about how cool it was, she was right about that. Something else about it not being a good time for training, but that she would make time for him anyway? How kind of her. That last part was the easiest to understand, and it left a slight pain in his chest. Sablestrike hadn't realized that something other than her body had been mangled, her confidence had been shredded as well. A good leader helps his clanmates, it's your duty to help her. That was what he told himself, but deep down he couldn't stand seeing look like that. "We can learn together, Roseburn. You're not in this alone, I'll be here for you, and so will Nightstar, and Swiftheart, and... Harechaser, right?" Stars, their family was so big, even now he wasn't sure if another of Nightstar's sisters would come out of nowhere. "Now get up, the first step is always the hardest, but you'll be glad you took it. "
Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmstorm, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderpaw, [T]Thistlepaw
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T4 Warrior, [E]RiverClan T1 Warrior, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Apprentice, [T]WindClan Apprentice
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Once an offer, now an obligation (closed)   Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) EmptyMon 24 Oct 2022 - 21:14

ShadowClan Warrior

ROSEBURN
"Um, I wouldn't be so sure about that. My relationship with my siblings is... pretty strained, I guess. I'm not usually the best cat to be around. Me and Nightstar only just made up after a moon of arguing, me and Harechaser don't get along at all, and Swiftheart has her own family to take care of. Echomist is a bit standoffish, so we don't really talk much, either."

Still, Roseburn reluctantly got to her paws. This was going to be a mistake. She could feel it. And she was scared. But still, if Sablestrike was so determined, she would follow him.

"Alright. Lead the way. You're in charge."

Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) Sfr52Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) Sfr5bOnce an offer, now an obligation (closed) Sfr5LOnce an offer, now an obligation (closed) Sfr5KOnce an offer, now an obligation (closed) Sfr59
Click Icons for Profiles
Art by Copperbeanz
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Once an offer, now an obligation (closed)   Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) EmptyMon 24 Oct 2022 - 21:31

That... That was all just gibberish to him, if he was being completely honest with himself. He wasn't even going to try to decipher that. Still, she looked like she was ready to begin their session. With a flick of his tail, he lead them out of camp and into Shadowclan territory. If she had to relearn everything, then he would help her to the best of his ability. While his mind had immediately went to sparring, he doubted they should start with something that strenuous. Something lighter would be better, something easy that would build her confidence back up. Simple. "Alright, Roseburn, let's get some hunting in. Bring me back a mouse, or rat, and I'll let you go back to camp. Easy enough, right?" Sablestrike wasn't actually going to let her off the hook so easily, but figured that having a prize of some sort would be a good motivator.
Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Once an offer, now an obligation (closed)   Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) EmptyMon 24 Oct 2022 - 21:41

ShadowClan Warrior

ROSEBURN
Right, a mouse. She could do that, right? Those were.... relatively small, right? And once she did that, she could go back to camp. Supposedly.

....Yeah, no, who was she kidding, Sablestrike wasn't going to be that merciful. Still, she had made a promise, even if she didn't think this was what either of them imagined when that promise was made.

And so Roseburn made her way off, tracking that mouse Sablestrike had tasked her to find.

She had just found her target when a sharp cry sounded from above, followed by a sharp pain in her back. She tried to twist around, clawing at whatever had attacked her, but she lost her balance, falling over. Still, the blood on her claws and the cry of pain told her she at least hit her mark.

Roseburn is attempting to catch a mouse for 3 sp. Disabled and Disadvantaged stats are active.
77/80 SP

An owl was summoned because Mistpelt wants to see my girl die apparently. Night Finesse is active.

Owl used Swoop, dealing 9 damage and costing 15 stamina.

Roseburn used Front Paw Strike, dealing 9 (8+1) damage and costing 7 stamina.

Roseburn
36/45 HP
70/80 SP

Owl
21/30 HP
75/90 SP

Click Icons for Profiles
Art by Copperbeanz

Last edited by Karuna on Mon 24 Oct 2022 - 22:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15184

PostSubject: Re: Once an offer, now an obligation (closed)   Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) EmptyMon 24 Oct 2022 - 21:41

The member 'Karuna' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) Mistpe10
Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Once an offer, now an obligation (closed)   Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) EmptyMon 24 Oct 2022 - 22:23

Sablestrike followed Roseburn, keeping a healthy distance between them. He didn't want to scare off her prey, but he also didn't want to leave her alone. Shadowclan still had a predator problem, and he wasn't about to leave Roseburn alone when she could encounter another badger. A familiar shriek sounded, and suddenly an owl was upon Roseburn, scoring a gash on the warrior's back. Panic filled him as his body rushed for her, but it quickly dissipated. It was hard to watch, but this was exactly what Roseburn needed. He had taken an owl down with Echomist and Leopardsun before, easily. Sure, they were three warriors against one bird, but it had still been an easy battle. He didn't need to help her, she needed to fight this on her own. Sablestrike skidded to a stop, content with watching for now. If she needed his help, she would call for him.
Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Once an offer, now an obligation (closed)   Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) EmptyWed 26 Oct 2022 - 10:26

ShadowClan Warrior

ROSEBURN
The owl was not happy, clearly. Not only did this cat try to steal it's mouse, but she also had the nerve to claw it! Well, this cat was not going to get off so easily now. Since it's mouse was gone, it might as well have some feline prey, instead. The calico would be much more filling, anyway, if a bit stringier.

Flying up slightly, the owl dove down again, scratching the cat with it's talons.

Roseburn let out a scream of pain, leaping up to hold the owl down. If she could keep it's talons away from her, than surely Sablestrike could take care of it while it was down?

Except Sablestrike was just standing there. What was he doing? Why wasn't he helping her? The owl was thrashing beneath her paws, he had a clear shot, why wasn't he taking it?? Was he seriously going to force her to do this on her own? She glared down at the owl trapped beneath her paws. Well, at least it would make a nice pelt.

Owl used Talon Strike, dealing 7 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Roseburn used Leap and Hold, dealing 8 damage and costing 15 stamina. Owl is pinned for 1 turn.

Roseburn
29/45 HP
55/80 SP

Owl
13/30 HP
65/90 SP

Click Icons for Profiles
Art by Copperbeanz

Last edited by Karuna on Wed 26 Oct 2022 - 10:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15184

PostSubject: Re: Once an offer, now an obligation (closed)   Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) EmptyWed 26 Oct 2022 - 10:26

The member 'Karuna' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 1

Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) Mistpe10
Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Once an offer, now an obligation (closed)   Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) EmptyWed 26 Oct 2022 - 10:49

ShadowClan Warrior

ROSEBURN
The owl slipped out from under Roseburn's paws, and she let out a hiss of frustration as it looked like it was preparing to attack again. Leaping up, she plucked the owl from the air. She wanted no more of those talons. Taking her claws to it's throat, she dug in, cutting off the air flow until the owl fell limp beneath her paws. "Doesn't feel so nice, does it?"

She slung the owl over her shoulders, absolutely fuming, as she dumped the bird at Sablestrike's paws. "Thanks for the help, there. It's not a mouse, but I hope this will do. Are we done now?"

A very angry Roseburn used killing strike. The owl is no more, and Sable may very well be next.

Click Icons for Profiles
Art by Copperbeanz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once an offer, now an obligation (closed)   Once an offer, now an obligation (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Once an offer, now an obligation (closed)
Page 1 of 1