Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Overworking, The Sequel [Perchstar]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmstorm, [A]Addercrest, [T]Thistlepaw
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T4 Warrior, [E]RiverClan T1 Warrior, [A]ThunderClan T1 Warrior, [T]WindClan Apprentice
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2440

Overworking, The Sequel [Perchstar] Empty
PostSubject: Overworking, The Sequel [Perchstar]   Overworking, The Sequel [Perchstar] EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 6:32 pm

RiverClan Medicine Cat

DOVESIGHT
Poppyshine was stable, enough that Dovesight could at least step away to update Perchstar on her deputy's well-being. And she knew very well that Perchstar was probably in more of a panic than she was. She didn't even know the full extent of what was going on, she just knew that Poppyshine was very ill.

Making her way to the leader's den, Dovesight announced her presence. "Perchstar? May I speak with you?

Overworking, The Sequel [Perchstar] Ea9Ylnv
Addercrest | Lilyvalley | Elmstorm | Thistlepaw
T1 ThunderClan Warrior | T5 ShadowClan Warrior | T1 RiverClan Warrior | WindClan Apprentice

Last edited by Karuna on Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6875

PostSubject: Re: Overworking, The Sequel [Perchstar]   Overworking, The Sequel [Perchstar] EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 11:35 pm

She'll be fine. She'll be fine. She'll be fine.

The constant mantra that Perchstar repeated endlessly in her head was the only thing keeping her mask from slipping. Everything they had worked for, everything they had made together, the RiverClan they had rebuilt from the ground up after the Dark Forest-- everything seemed to be on the verge of crashing down around their heads. Poppyshine lay ill in the medicine den. How ill? Would she recover? What had happened? Would she need to retire? Would she die? The panicked thoughts had free reign over the leader's limbs as she paced back and forth, back and forth across the floor of her den. She had grown so much and learned so much, all because of Poppyshine. Would that all vanish if Poppyshine vanished? Would she go back to being the pathetic cat she had been? Or had she even really grown at all? Had she simply been fooling herself this whole time? There was no way to tell. There was no way to know. All she could do was pace and fight back the worry and repeat the words she tried to believe in her head. She'll be fine. She'll be fine. She'll be fine.

Her head whipped around when another voice intruded on the ones whispering in her mind. Perchstar's eyes hardened, then softened immediately when they made contact with Dovesight's face. The medicine cat. She would know. She would know what was going on. It took all her self-control not to demand an immediate answer. However, she used the last of her remaining dignity to nod, sit down as if she hadn't been pacing, and draw her tail over her trembling paws. "Certainly, Dovesight. Please, come in." Her torn ear flicked as she waited, one of the few outward signs of her inward panic. The sight of her best friend's body slumped over in camp had been almost too much for her to bear, even with the knowledge she had awoken. Thoughts were too terrible to think, so she didn't think. Perchstar just waited.

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ ShadowClan ○
⸙ Tier 3 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T4 Warrior, [E]RiverClan T1 Warrior, [A]ThunderClan T1 Warrior, [T]WindClan Apprentice
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Overworking, The Sequel [Perchstar]   Overworking, The Sequel [Perchstar] EmptyThu Oct 13, 2022 12:27 am

RiverClan Medicine Cat

DOVESIGHT
With Perchstar's invitation, Dovesight made her way into the den, settling herself down. It was an unusual feeling, sitting casually with Perchstar in her den. Well, not so much casually, but as comfortable as either of them could be in this situation. She honestly didn't speak with Perchstar all that often. Poppyshine had always been there for her to go to when there was an issue. Stars, things were going to be changing a lot with this.

"Poppyshine is resting. She is stable for now, but I want to monitor her in my den for a while, make sure she is actually getting better. Someone is going to need to take over her duties, and I was thinking, Sandypaw has enough training to where she can do as well as I could in taking care of Poppyshine. It is only a matter of time until she earns her name. So I should be able to take over her duties until she is well again. And she will be well again, Perchstar. I will give my own life before I let StarClan take her."

She met the leader's gaze, her eyes hard. Sure. She had grown since she first became a medicine cat. But that never stopped her internal fear. She's lost so many cats, what if Poppyshine only became an addition to that list?

T1 ThunderClan Warrior | T5 ShadowClan Warrior | T1 RiverClan Warrior | WindClan Apprentice

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6875

PostSubject: Re: Overworking, The Sequel [Perchstar]   Overworking, The Sequel [Perchstar] EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 11:44 pm

"Poppyshine is resting. She is stable for now."

Perchstar felt an immediate weight off of her shoulders. She would be okay... she would be okay. Her legs trembled beneath her with relief, but she straightened them. Her lungs were finally able to inhale and exhale without feeling like they could collapse at any second. This did not solve anything, nor truly fix the dilemma they were in, but... it was a start.

With that terror lifted, the leader was able to fully listen to the rest of Dovesight's words. The medicine cat wanted to... take over some of Poppyshine's duties? Perchstar blinked, trying to reconcile the determined glare on her face with the usually soft, worried cat she often saw around camp. However, though Sandypaw may have been almost a full medicine cat by now, the idea of making Dovesight do more and leaving Poppyshine with less help sent another pang of fear through her heart. "I appreciate the offer," Perchstar said, "but I think I should decline. Your load is already enough, and while Sandypaw may be very competent, she is not ready to handle all of the duties by herself. I don't want to make you do any more than you already have to, especially when..." She trailed off. She did not want to say that her best friend's life was in the medicine cat's paws, even though it may be true. Her last shred of self-control stopped her from laying that potential weight on Dovesight's shoulders. "I have done the work of both leader and deputy before, and I am prepared to do so again. I can always ask another warrior to assist with patrols if necessary. Please, focus on your own duties, and take good care of Poppyshine."

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ ShadowClan ○
⸙ Tier 3 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Overworking, The Sequel [Perchstar]   Overworking, The Sequel [Perchstar] EmptyMon Oct 24, 2022 5:34 pm

RiverClan Medicine Cat

DOVESIGHT
"Alright, then. You know I will make sure Poppyshine gets through this. I would lay my own life on the line before I give up on her. But just because you can manage the extra work, Perchstar, doesn't mean you should. You're scared for this cat you care so much about, and I get it, I really do, but you need to take care of yourself, too. If you won't have me take over duties, then may I suggest Stormdance? He is a capable warrior with a good head on his shoulders. Perhaps he can be a stand-in deputy, or any of our other warriors. The last thing we need is two of our high ranks in my den because our leader worried herself to death."

Even though that was probably exactly what she was doing. Dovesight was good at panicking. It was her own special skill. But right now, she had to at least pretend to be calm. Make Perchstar think she knows exactly what she is doing, and perhaps that would put the leader's mind at ease.

She could hope it would, at least.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overworking, The Sequel [Perchstar]   Overworking, The Sequel [Perchstar] Empty

Back to top Go down

Overworking, The Sequel [Perchstar]
Page 1 of 1