Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

until you earn your name [assessment]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

until you earn your name [assessment] Empty
PostSubject: until you earn your name [assessment]   until you earn your name [assessment] EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 19:54

Since her trip to the Moonstone, it was safe to say that Nightpaw had been- well, not humbled exactly; she was still proud by nature and borderline arrogant with how she expressed it. But there had been a change, even if it was difficult to identify. She was working harder than ever, with no time to hesitate. Burningwolf's words certainly stuck with her, though perhaps not in the way the StarClan cat might have intended. Her revitalization was, to her, a thing of beauty; she was working hard for herself each and every day.

She would still have her legacy. Someday, cats would know her name. Maybe not as deputy or leader or medicine cat, but there were warriors celebrated for the lives they had lived. Someday, when she had finally proved herself worthy, she would take her place with them for all eternity.

But for now, her focus was on herself. On being the best she could possibly be, on earning her place as a warrior of ThunderClan.

And today was an important day for that purpose: her assessment.

"I'm ready!" she chirped.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

PostSubject: Re: until you earn your name [assessment]   until you earn your name [assessment] EmptyTue 20 Sep 2022 - 8:54

dc5spdi-223fd39d-435b-4221-abe4-868d044d66bfDayquill

The late morning was chillier than it had been for moons. It wasn't exactly cold, but the stiff breeze that ruffled Dayquill's dense fur could only make him think of leaf-fall laying just around the corner. The same wind that had disturbed his pelt whistled through the branches above, the boughs of the great Owl Tree groaning as they knocked into each other. He watched the leaves shiver idly, letting his mind drift towards the task at hand... Nightpaw's assessment. Hopefully all of ThunderClan's prey hadn't made an early retreat underground. Although dimly, he could remember the starvation that came with the leaf-bare he'd been born into. He shook the thoughts away, refocusing himself. Nightpaw would do fine, even if their quarry wouldn't be keen on showing itself.

The sound of his apprentice's eager chirp made Dayquill lower his head, and he offered a warm smile as he looked at her. She had definitely settled since their first outing together; there was no denying the sense of pride that bled into all of her features, but she wasn't charging forward, or denying any sense of danger. It was a good change. Nodding, the golden tom gathered his weight and stood. "If you're ready, then... let's start, yeah? You know the territory well enough by now that I trust you not to walk yourself into danger." A flickered memory of their trip to Snakerocks crossed his mind, and he snorted an unamused laugh. "You're welcome to leave this clearing, but don't go too far. Find and catch as much prey as you can. I'll be watching, but I won't be helping, though if at any point you think you need me, just say my name. I'll come." With that, Dayquill wrapped himself around the opposite side of the tree, out of Nightpaw's line of sight, before poking his head briefly into view. "You're free to go now. I'll be keeping an eye on you. I believe in you, Nightpaw."

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

PostSubject: Re: until you earn your name [assessment]   until you earn your name [assessment] EmptyTue 20 Sep 2022 - 11:20

Nightpaw dipped her head gratefully, a rare soft expression on her face. "Thank you, Dayquill. I'll do my best."

With that, she began hunting in earnest; falling into a well-practiced hunter's crouch and scenting the air around her as she scanned with her eyes. Spotting a squirrel- one of her favorite things to chase- she slowly maneuvered toward it, doing her best to catch it before it could reach the tree it was closest to. She readied herself, recalling every other time she had done just this: there was no reason today should be any different.

She had entirely misjudged her pounce, and barely kept herself from letting out a low hiss as the squirrel scrambled safely up the tree.

Nightpaw failed to catch a Squirrel, costing 3 SP!
57/60 SP

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3

Last edited by Holly on Tue 20 Sep 2022 - 11:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: until you earn your name [assessment]   until you earn your name [assessment] EmptyTue 20 Sep 2022 - 11:20

The member 'Holly' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

until you earn your name [assessment] Mistpe10
until you earn your name [assessment] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

PostSubject: Re: until you earn your name [assessment]   until you earn your name [assessment] EmptyWed 5 Oct 2022 - 23:36

dc5spdi-223fd39d-435b-4221-abe4-868d044d66bfDayquill

Dayquill kept himself dutifully hidden behind the great Owl Tree as Nightpaw dipped her head and padded off to begin her pursuits. Briefly, he’d considered testing his SkyClan ancestry and climbing up it to get a better, hopefully less obtrusive view of the hunt, but had decided eventually he’d likely make too much noise and, probably, end up falling out of it and landing on his back. Instead, he remained on the ground, ears trained forward and eyes intent from his peering spot. She’d spotted a squirrel quickly– Good, he noted, watching her move closer. Her form was good, and she was entirely focused on the prey at hand. He wished he could say he hadn’t seen her missed pounce coming, but the squirrel’s twitching ears and her distance from it hadn’t been a good sign when she’d collected her muscles, ready to pounce. He wished he could have gone out and given her some encouragement; but this was her assessment, and hers alone.

One missed catch isn’t bad. Even the best warriors miss prey. Keep going, Nightpaw. You’re doing fine. I believe in you. Dayquill silently cheered, nodding along to himself.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: until you earn your name [assessment]   until you earn your name [assessment] Empty

Back to top Go down

until you earn your name [assessment]
Page 1 of 1