Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

broken crown [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

broken crown [C] Empty
PostSubject: broken crown [C]   broken crown [C] EmptyMon 5 Sep 2022 - 8:45

The aftermath of the fox had been... rough, to put it mildly. Though Rowanpaw had escaped with minor injuries physically– except for the tear on his leg, and even that wasn't so bad as Stormdance's break –he'd come off with less noticeable wounds. That he had been hurt at all disturbed him greatly. That he'd bled... his tail flickered with agitation, stirring through the bed of reeds he'd found himself lying in.

He hated it. He hated sitting in the medicine den, even if he was in the company of family. Sandypaw and Dovesight were fine enough, even if their prodding agitated him. It was the presence of the others that bothered him. Stormdance, his mentor– looking at him made a low and crawling feeling settle in Rowanpaw's stomach. He purposefully slept with his back turned. And then Woolywing... Stormdance's apprentice before him. Briefly, they'd trained together, though that was all Rowanpaw could say of him. Now, the white tom was fully blind. Rowanpaw wasn't sure how to feel towards that. He felt sorry for him, in a way; at the same time, he felt horribly afraid. It made him wonder if that could have been him. It made him grateful his own encounter with a predator had not gone any worse.

And they were both here now. All three of them, languishing in the heavy silence of the den. Rowanpaw looked between them both with dark, hardened eyes, before he made a dramatic show of rolling over in his nest– not without a muffled hiss over the way it pulled at his legs, his neck –pointedly turning away from them and smacking his tail against the ground with a huff.
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

broken crown [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken crown [C]   broken crown [C] EmptyWed 7 Sep 2022 - 14:43

Stormdance

Stormdance was tired. He‘d spent a lot of time sleeping since he came to the medicine den, taking Dovesight and Sandypaw’s advice to rest to heart. He was all too happy to close his eyes and try not to think about the knot of emotions that sat constantly in his chest, that surged everytime he looked at either his former or current apprentice. He couldn’t help the wave of guilt he felt every time he looked at Rowanpaw or Woolywing, both of whom got hurt on his watch.

But he couldn’t do anything about the choices he’d already made, and, as tired as he was, and as patient of a cat as he was, even he got bored. There was only so much one could do when you couldn’t move your leg. It was with a sigh that Stormdance sat up, curling his tail over his paws. He gave his chest a few quick licks, conscious of how messy his fur was after several days of constantly staying curled up in a nest.

He looked at his two companions, wanting to strike up a conversation, but uncertain where to start. He couldn’t imagine Woolywing was feeling very good, being cooped up in here longer than either Rowanpaw or himself, not to mention having to completely relearn how to navigate and adjust to his blindness. Stormdance was hoping he’d be able to help when he was on his feet again, but for right now, there wasn’t much he could do besides be there.

And he didn’t have to guess as to Rowanpaw’s emotions. Stormdance’s whiskers twitched, half in amusement, half in concern as he watched Rowanpaw’s dramatics. His ever-surely apprentice had seemed even more agitated during their stay in the medicine den, and Stormdance was a little worried of pushing too hard and leading to another blow-out between them. While he could read the agitation as Rowanpaw thumped his tail clear as day, he wished he could tell what the young tom was thinking.

Stormdance’s attention was pulled away to look at the entrance to the medicine den as a threatening rumble of thunder was heard above them. “Sounds like it’s going to come down out there.” He sighed once more. “Again. I’ve never been the biggest fan of storms and all this rain is getting a little ridiculous.” The weather seemed a safe enough topic for the three of them. Right?

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Characters : (W)oolywing, (B)lackbear, (Bu)tterfly
Clan/Rank : (W) RiverClan T3 Warrior, (B) SkyClan T4 Warrior, (S) T1 Loner
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 829

broken crown [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken crown [C]   broken crown [C] EmptySun 11 Sep 2022 - 9:25

Woolywing's paws were crossed beneath his chin, one of countless positions he'd shuffled between in an attempt to stop himself going mad from boredom. Okay, perhaps that was a slight exaggeration- he had Stormdance and the medicine cats to talk to, as well as his now more frequent trips outside the medicine den to regain confidence. Still, one tended to get bored after a while. Even the pain was boring to him now; he barely registered it as the days went by.

His ear flicked as he heard a loud rustling noise followed by a hiss and a tail-lash. Definitely Rowanpaw, unless all this time in the medicine den gave Stormdance an attitude problem. He'd never properly spoken to Stormdance's younger apprentice, he didn't think. But sharing a den with him, he gathered a few key points: he was irritable, he was moody and he was clearly itching to get out of here. Woolywing couldn't blame him, really. He enjoyed the company, but there's only so many pleasant conversations one can have with bindweed stuck to their face and the ever-present scent of herbs permeating the air.

Finally, after a painful stretch of silence interrupted only by the rumbling outside, Stormdance broke the ice. Small talk! Woolywing sighed in relief. He'd had enough serious conversations this past week to last him a lifetime and then some. "Bit ironic, isn't it? They are your namesake, after all." He straightened up a bit, lifting his head off the ground. "Then again, I'm named after wings and I'm not particularly fond of flying. Having tried it and all." He gave a weak exhale of laughter.

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

broken crown [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken crown [C]   broken crown [C] EmptyMon 26 Sep 2022 - 23:58

dc467ws-4f57e5ee-a206-4d0a-8261-e3cb0496a605Rowanpaw

As he went tossing and turning about, a low drum of thunder rolled across the sky. It felt almost satisfactory, like it'd been cued by his incessant irritation. But of course, the shifting in weather brought about the sound of shifting in his companions' nests. He'd heard shuffling before, but now they were both sighing and talking and properly moving about. Rowanpaw didn't attempt to hide the grumble that left him at the sound of their chatter, and he curled himself into a tighter curve.

"Must we chat about the weather?" He moaned, ears flattening against his head as he begrudgingly lifted his head. His eyes were thin, unforgiving slits as he glanced between Stormdance and Woolywing. "I just- oh, I have the worst headache. I am sure it would be conducive to my healing if I were not subject to listening to you babble about how--" his gaze sharpened, lingering briefly on Stormdance, "ill-fitting your names are.

"I would sooner drag myself into the storm. I might as well search for a den of foxes, while I am out there. I would rather entertain myself in that way than participate in... this. The risk is yours to weigh."
The venom in his tone was clear; Rowanpaw was too tired to mask his upset as well as he would have liked to. As he spoke, another clap of thunder hit the sky. This time it was far louder, closer, and it had brought a searing bolt of lightning with it. For a second, Rowanpaw tensed, his fur on end and muscles rigid. Just as quickly as he'd startled, he forced his fur to lay flat again and relax himself. Snorting, he dropped his head again, tail beating against the earth once more.

He would refuse to admit it out loud, but it bothered him deeply how ready and casually they were to just... talk. Were they not both brooding? Was every moment of their thoughts not occupied by the attacks that had put them together in the first place? Rowanpaw's tail lashed harder, frustrated. He did not want distracted conversation. He wanted to pull the walls of the den down with his own claws and shout at them both.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6