Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Sun Will Rise and We Will Try Again [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

The Sun Will Rise and We Will Try Again [c] Empty
PostSubject: The Sun Will Rise and We Will Try Again [c]   The Sun Will Rise and We Will Try Again [c] EmptyWed 24 Aug 2022 - 17:39

Stormdance

Stormdance had been devastated by the news. He hasn’t been able to stop thinking about it since he’d learned that Woolywing’s blinded condition would be permanent. He had cried quite a lot in private after he found out. Being largely stuck in the medicine den after the encounter he and Rowanpaw had with a fox shortly after didn’t help matters. He couldn’t hold back his guilt for this, though he hadn’t spoken it aloud. He could maybe convince himself that what happened to Woolywing as an apprentice wasn’t something he could’ve stopped, but this? He was there. He should’ve kept Woolywing safe.

While he had complete faith in Woolywing’s ability to learn and adapt around his condition (he was always a quick learner), he hated that Woolywing had to go through all this pain. When both Woolywing and Stormdance were on their feet enough to move around, Stormdance volunteered to do what he could to help Woolywing strengthen his other senses and learn how to use his body anew. It was the least he could do.

Stormdance settled down outside the medicine den with a small wince, his injuries from the fox, while on the mend, aching and protesting at the movement. He turned his attention to Woolywing. His voice was hoarser than usual as he said, “Alright. I think the first thing we should focus on is helping you strengthen your ability to differentiate scents. From what Dovesight said, being able to identify things through scent will help a lot.” Stormdance said, falling into the now-familiar tone he used when he began teaching… although, he didn’t feel as though he entirely knew what he was doing here. He would try, though. He would do everything he could.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Characters : (W)oolywing, (B)lackbear, (Bu)tterfly
Clan/Rank : (W) RiverClan T3 Warrior, (B) SkyClan T4 Warrior, (S) T1 Loner
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 829

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Will Rise and We Will Try Again [c]   The Sun Will Rise and We Will Try Again [c] EmptySun 28 Aug 2022 - 8:51

Woolywing hated this. Oddly, not being able to see was far from the worst of it. Every day, as he practiced, he got better at interpreting the world around him despite the lack of visuals. He could imagine, with perhaps a year of training, that he'd be able to get around almost as well as before. Or so he hoped. The pain wasn't the worst bit either, though it was bad. His eye caused him headaches at random times of day, herbs only did so much to ease the pain. But he'd been through pain before, and he'd get through it again.

No, the worst part was how everyone was reacting to the news. Yarrowblossom had cried, actually sobbed, demanding that he never leave camp again. Even Stormdance, a denizen of confidence throughout Woolywing's whole life, was clearly very affected by the news. It was only natural for people to care, of course. But Woolywing hated the fuss. Stormdance himself was injured, as was his current apprentice. He needed to focus on recovering, not on something he couldn't fix. The snake hadn't even been his fault, if anything Woolywing might've died if he hadn't been there. He wanted to tell all of this to Stormdance, but he suspected that would only make things worse. So, as usual, he pushed it aside.

He sat near Stormdance, head turned in the direction of his voice. It was funny in a way, that he found himself being something of an apprentice again. "I'll try my best. But to be honest, I can mostly just smell herbs. I think the scent's going to be stuck in my nose forever." He gave a weak chuckle, hoping to lighten the fact that he'd not stepped foot outside the medicine den since the incident.

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Will Rise and We Will Try Again [c]   The Sun Will Rise and We Will Try Again [c] EmptyThu 1 Sep 2022 - 12:57

Stormdance

Stormdance echoed Woolywing’s chuckle, managing a tiny smile. “They are pretty strong, aren’t they?” He said, taking a deep breath of the fresh air outside. “I’m sure the both of us still smelling like them isn’t helping matters any. Still, I’m sure some fresh air will help clear things up. Or at least, as much as they can be.” He chuckled a bit again.

“Still, once your nose clears a little bit, try to see if you can identify the scents near you. Like me, though mine might be difficult with the herbs, or some of the cats nearby. Then we can go around the camp and you can try identifying some of the landmarks by scent or feel. Does that sound alright?” Stormdance offered, tail absently curling over his paws as he studied his former apprentice.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Will Rise and We Will Try Again [c]   The Sun Will Rise and We Will Try Again [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sun Will Rise and We Will Try Again [c]
Page 1 of 1