Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6739

Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 3 Aug 2022 - 10:18

This was it. The first of Poppyshine's kits was going to become a warrior. Perchstar nearly felt her head spin as she looked down from the Willow Branch at the bustling camp below. A few moons ago, RiverClan had been scarily small... but thanks to the two litters, their ranks had nearly doubled. It was a nice feeling to know that they were finally recovering from the damage that the Dark Forest had inflicted. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own fish gather for a Clan meeting," she called, feeling the late afternoon sun gleam off of her pelt. This greenleaf had certainly been the most prosperous in RiverClan's history.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4951

PostSubject: Re: Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 3 Aug 2022 - 10:21

To say she was excited was an understatement. She had heard wind of her warrior ceremony being soon, and with her somewhat-siblings like Sleepycloud and Hawkshriek getting their names, she depserately hoped it would be her time as well. Memories of her mom aggressively grooming her pelt for her apprentice ceremony flooded her mind, and the apprentice had done her best to groom it down to be presentable. Thoughts of her moonstone journey flooded her mind, as well as the reminder that she still needed to tell her mom about talking to Mapleleaf. Still, hope radiated in the russet molly's paws as she took a spot beneath the Willow Branch, looking up towards her Auntie Perchstar.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpawMountainkit
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 3 Aug 2022 - 10:30

Minkpaw was almost vibrating in excitement under the Willow Branch. Perchstar suppressed a smile. That was Poppyshine's daughter, all right. And thankfully, nothing had befallen her to take that beautiful energy away-- no near-death drowning experience, no mauling from a bitter ThunderClan cat. Minkpaw had survived her apprenticeship nearly unscathed, and RiverClan would be better off for it. Would Poppyshine have been happier in her life, if I'd protected her better when I was her mentor? She forced the intrusive thought out of her head. That had been back in leaf-bare, moons and moons ago. There was no point in continuing to worry over actions long past. Now was the time to give Minkpaw her ceremony. "Cats of RiverClan, we gather today to make an apprentice into a warrior," Perchstar said. "She has completed her training, and both her mentor and her mother have told me that she is ready to advance. Minkpaw, please step forward."

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 3 Aug 2022 - 10:34

Life had left her practically unscathed, through some miracle of the Stars. If anything, the molly had made a promise to herself to keep her happiness and spread it to the rest of her Clanmates. After all, even a Starclan cat had told her to keep being herself. If that was the case, it had to be a good thing, right?

Genuine surprise appeared on her face as her name was called. If anything, she had anticipated another one of Mapleleaf and Owlshriek's kits to be getting their name, as they had been ahead in their training farther than she was. Olivepaw was even apprenticed before her, but here she was, being called forward. Her whole body wiggled as she stood to step forward, releasing all of the nerves that had unknowingly built up in her body. As she stepped forward, Minkpaw willed each one of her steps to be more still than the last. Now wasn't the time to act like an excited kit - she could do that later in celebration. No, right now, she needed to show the discipline that came from her mother. She would be a good warrior of Riverclan. So, now in front of the crowd, her gaze never wavered from the silver and white molly that she respected so deeply.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 3 Aug 2022 - 10:46

Just like Poppyshine had so many moons ago, Minkpaw showed all of her emotions on her face despite her obvious attempts to appear more calm. The excitement, buried uncertainty, fiery determination. RiverClan would benefit from having her as a warrior. "I, Perchstar, leader of RiverClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I recommend her to you as a warrior in her turn." The same words she had spoken for so many others... nearly identical to the ones she had given to Poppyshine when it was her turn. Perchstar's light blue eyes sought out Minkpaw's, gazing into them with a deep appreciation accompanying their usual seriousness. "Minkpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 3 Aug 2022 - 10:50

Like mother, like daughter. It was her time to make that ancient vow. Not to mention, it now was time to set the example for any kits who happened to be in the crowd just like Grebedance had done for her. That was who she thought about in that moment - Grebedance. Her mentor had in fact been the best one for her, never too annoyed with the enthusiasm that perpetually radiated from her russet form. She was true to her name by all accounts, certainly. Minkpaw couldn't help the smile on her face as she saw the glimmer of emotion on Perchstar's face, there was part of her deep down that knew it was a bit of a treat. "No matter what, I promise to you and to Starclan my loyalty as a warrior to Riverclan." Most apprentices opted for a simple response, but Minkpaw wasn't exactly a cat of a few words. This vow meant much more to her than a simple "I do." No- this was how she would live her life. Make Grebedance proud, make Poppyshine proud, make Perchstar proud... Make everyone close to her proud.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 3 Aug 2022 - 10:58

Minkpaw's response was a little unorthodox, but full of passion and promise. It worked just fine. Perchstar's face was not smiling, but a little more soft and open than usual as she nodded. "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you you warrior name. Minkpaw, from this day on, you will be known as Minksplash. StarClan honors your optimism and humility, and we welcome you as a full warrior of RiverClan." With that, the ceremony was ended. Perchstar leapt down gracefully and approached the newly named warrior, leaning forward for a moment to rest her muzzle on top of the she-cat's head. It lasted a few seconds longer than usual before she pulled away. Then, with a nod of respect, the leader stepped away so that Minksplash's family could congratulate her with all the excitement she deserved.

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 3 Aug 2022 - 11:00

A smile that went whisker-to-whisker appeared on her maw as she earned her name. Minksplash. It fit her perfectly! Her hoppy personality that seemed to match the water weasel so well, her love of water, all of it - it was perfect. She couldn't have stood taller or prouder in that moment. As Perchstar lept down to touch her nose to her head, those few seconds were ones that Minksplash took advantage of. "Thank you, Auntie Perch." She whispered hurriedly, giving the leader a smile all of her own as she stepped away before turning to celebrate with her family, slightly bracing herself to be hurled into by a sibling.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2988

PostSubject: Re: Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Minkpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu 4 Aug 2022 - 11:05

Poppyshine

Poppyshine had of course attended the ceremony—not simply because she was deputy, but because her daughter was becoming a warrior. The first of her biological children to receive her warrior name, and Poppyshine’s heart swelled with pride. She watched as Minkpaw sat before all of RiverClan and listened to the same words spoken by Perchstar as she had said during Poppyshine’s ceremony.  Her fact hurt so bad, for she was smiling so hard.

"I think Minkkit could be a cute name. Minksplash if they become a warrior... Minkberry if they become a medicine cat."

Mapleleaf’s words echoed in Poppyshine’s mind as Perchstar spoke the very name Mapleleaf had told her. A loud, excited cheer burst from her mouth when the ceremony concluded: “Minksplash! Minksplash! Minksplash!”

Once she stepped down from the ceremony, it was Poppyshine who met her first. She purred and licked Minksplash’s cheek. She was aglow with happiness and pride for her daughter who had stepped into the world of warriorhood. She couldn’t even find her words—she was just so happy.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP