Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Sleepypaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2198

Sleepypaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Sleepypaw's Moonstone Journey   Sleepypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 26 Jul 2022 - 19:36

Another one of Mapleleaf's kits was going to be traveling to the moonstone today, and the idea did not become easier having done it once before. She could sense the animosity from Hawkpaw, and she was sure Sleepypaw would feel the same way.

Gathering up her herbs, with a little extra burnet in hopes of keeping the apprentice awake, she padded over to the molly, dropping the bundle and shuffling her paws anxiously as she waited for Sleepypaw to be ready.

The trip was a quiet one and, in Dovesight's head, took ages. But they had made it. These trips were the one thing Dovesight has never messed up, and hopefully never would.

Quietly, she motioned for the apprentice to touch her nose to the moonstone, before settling back and waiting.

Sleepypaw's Moonstone Journey SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Characters : Sleepycloud, Hopepaw, Lakekit
Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon
Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Sleepypaw's Moonstone Journey   Sleepypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 30 Jul 2022 - 12:09

Sleepypaw

The tired apprentice was barely awake, and the taste of the herbs did little to stir her consciousness away from the draw of sleep. Was it a curse that she was perpetually tired like this? Save for when her life or others' lives were on the line? The apprentice swore to herself and tried to shake out the taste from her tongue. Yet, she sighed and met Dovesight's gaze evenly. Unlike her brother, Sleepypaw did not hate or view Dovesight as the cause for her mother's death. The molly was unsure if any cat could have saved her. StarClan had their hold on her, and once that was the case, nothing could be done.

Traveling had drained her of what little energy she had. Her fluffy tail dragged along the dirt corridor. Its white color dimmed to that of a tan as they wandered further in. As the moonstone shone in front of her, the apprentice nearly collapsed next to it, her aching limbs sprawled out. But, she pressed her nose to the stone with the remainder of her strength.

---

Awakening once more, tears clouded her gaze. Her mother to see her again, to have the promise of her presence once her life was over, seemed to still the pain in her chest. In life, Mapleleaf was gone. But she was absolutely watching in the stars. With energy renewed, the she-cat rose to her paws to face Dovesight. "Mom said she didn't want you blaming yourself. And I certainly don't blame you, Dovesight. Sometimes, StarClan calls." Sleepypaw touched her nose to the medicine cat's herb-scented pelt. "You were given a tough start to being a medicine cat. I cannot blame you for your struggles. Please, let me know if you need any aid." The apprentice offered her a tired smile. The exhausted form that the apprentice once had seemed to be renewed to that of the apprentice who had just left camp. To return home couldn't be as bad...Right?

Sleepycloud || Hopepaw || Lakekit
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: Sleepypaw's Moonstone Journey   Sleepypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 30 Jul 2022 - 16:50

Mapleleaf had been excited to see her son, and now, the stars allowed her to see her daughter. It was heartwarming knowing that her only daughter was doing well, despite the perpetual sleepiness that had given her the very name she had. "My sweet Sleepypaw, I'm so happy to see you." Instinctively, the golden molly began to groom her daughter's head, just as she had done when she was a kit. "I'm so proud of who you've become. You'll do so well as a warrior." The she-cat hummed proudly. "Deliver a message for me though, okay? Tell Dovesight that she shouldn't be so hard on herself. She did everything that she could... the Stars simply called me sooner than most." It was a simple message, one she had even tried to say just before she passed. Hopefully, Dovesight would listen, even now that she was among the stars. "I'll be watching your ceremony though, sweetheart. Just as I did for Hawkshriek, and how I will for all of you."

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2198

PostSubject: Re: Sleepypaw's Moonstone Journey   Sleepypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 30 Jul 2022 - 21:05

Dovesight blinked as Sleepypaw rose, turning to face her. She thought that was it, and they would just go home, but she froze with what Sleepypaw said. She didn't know what to say. Sleepypaw had spoken to Mapleleaf, and she didn't even blame her for her failure. Neither did her kit.

She couldn't stop the tears that came from her eyes. She didn't think she could ever stop thinking of Mapleleaf's death as a failure, she still felt something could have been done. But maybe she could at least try to move on. Make sure it didn't happen again.

She smiled at Sleepypaw, a weight seeming lifted on her shoulders.

"Thank you. Now let's go home."

Sleepypaw's Moonstone Journey SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleepypaw's Moonstone Journey   Sleepypaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleepypaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: