Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySun 17 Jul 2022 - 18:08

Around the time that the RiverClan nursery had been blessed with another litter, and the apprentice den filled with Mapleleaf's kits, the older generation of apprentices had begun reaching warriorhood. First was Stormdance. Next was Grebepaw-- another of Jaystar and Harebounce's kits, who had unfortunately been too sick to follow in Owlshriek's footsteps for a painfully long time. Thankfully, the she-cat had mostly recovered, and fulfilled all of the requirements to advance to warriorhood. Perchstar leapt atop the Willow Branch, letting the prosperity of her Clan seep in for a moment. They were recovering from the Dark Forest, slowly but surely... they would make it through this. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own fish gather for a Clan meeting," she called out.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
oryx

oryx

Characters : thistlemask | grebedance | turtlepaw
Clan/Rank : thunderclan t3 warrior | riverclan t3 warrior | thunderclan apprentice
Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 18 Jul 2022 - 0:30

She knew what the meeting was being called for as soon as her leader called out the summons. Grebepaw had been over prepared for this moment for moons; since stepping out of the medicine den, in fact. Both her black and white fur and the monochromatic fur of her pelt was meticulously groomed, her own fluffy coat being covered by that of the raccoon. There had been slight internal debate over wearing the pelt to her ceremony, but in the end she decided that she wanted to cherish both the gift and the memory associated with it. The molly exuded confidence as she took her place beneath Perchstar, eyes shining bright in the greenleaf sun.

character profiles | aussie
Thistlemask | ThunderClan T4 Warrior | #9f0fa8
Grebedance | RiverClan T3 Warrior | #00bc91
Turtlepaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #eda324
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4940

PostSubject: Re: Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 18 Jul 2022 - 6:33

Minkkit heard Perchstar's call all the way from the nursery. Curious, wide eyes yearned so desperately to make an escape to see. She nearly was six moons old, she'd be old enough to catch her own fish! That would count, right? One look back at her mother was all she needed before slipping out of the nursery, excitedly bouncing over to sit. The words of her mother quickly rang in her head to behave, to set a good example. So once she'd hopped her way over to the gathering crowd of cats, she sat down, willing all of her limbs to be still, no matter just how large the urge to be wiggly tried to make its way through her paws. Wonder and curiosity filled her gaze as she stared at Perchstar, the silver and white molly seeming so large and powerful at the Willow Branch.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 18 Jul 2022 - 13:06

Perchstar's eyes caught on the apprentice's... odd choice of decoration as she arrived for her ceremony. She had heard from Ashflight all about the Asylum, for which she had not been alive. She had not experienced the things that elders still whispered about. Grebepaw was the daughter of Harebounce, who had been raised in that group. And she knew how to skin pelts. Some might have taken issue with that. Perchstar would not want any such pelt for herself, but she had no problem with killing the many predators in the forest, and using their pelts in whatever way would be beneficial. It seemed too hot to wear extra fur... but that was none of her business. The leader began the ceremony regardless. "We gather today to make an apprentice into a warrior," she said. "Despite a sickness that kept her confined to the medicine den for a few moons, Grebepaw has worked twice as hard to catch up to her siblings. Her efforts have paid off. Due to her training and advancement, she is ready to become a warrior. Grebepaw, please step forward."

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
oryx

oryx

Clan/Rank : thunderclan t3 warrior | riverclan t3 warrior | thunderclan apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 18 Jul 2022 - 14:23

She was aware of the group that had formed for her ceremony, but was most interested in the kit that bounded away from the nursery to take a seat to watch. Her whiskers twitched in amusement, wondering for a moment if she had been healthier during kithood, would that perhaps had been her? Grebepaw refocused her attention on the leader as she spoke, a warm feeling of pride in herself running through her body. It had not been easy to get to this point, there was absolutely no denying that, but she was extremely happy to be finally given the opportunity to step forward and claim her name. Upon Perchstar's instruction, the bicoloured molly rose to her paws, hoping that the leader would give her a nice name.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 18 Jul 2022 - 14:29

The movement forward meant that Grebepaw was ready-- and Perchstar saw none of the hesitance that had dogged Dovesight's steps. The apprentice had been mentored by Dovesight for a while, before Cloverheart's sudden death... but no matter. She was ready to be a warrior now. "I, Perchstar, leader of RiverClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn." She looked down at the apprentice carefully, meeting her gaze with serious blue eyes. This was a very important question, and not to be taken lightly. "Grebepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

Back to top Go down
oryx

oryx

PostSubject: Re: Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 18 Jul 2022 - 22:52

Her ears were firmly pricked as she listened to the ceremonial words, thinking on how all of her kin at some point would have responded to themselves. She was at her core loyal to her clan, always, but it did feel slightly odd to be pledging her life away to something-- regardless on if she was going to do such an action anyways. The minor hesitation was gone as soon as it appeared, and Grebepaw chirped a reply. "I do!"

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 18 Jul 2022 - 22:56

Perchstar nodded in approval. "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. From this day on, you will be known as Grebedance. StarClan honors your positivity and perseverance, and we welcome you as a full warrior of RiverClan." Leaping down from the branch, she ended the ceremony with the customary gesture. Her muzzle rested on the new warrior's head for a brief moment, then she stepped back so that her family and friends could celebrate.

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4940

PostSubject: Re: Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyTue 19 Jul 2022 - 4:50

Wonder was the only emotion she could describe when Perchstar called out just whose ceremony it would be. While it wasn't hers, it was an apprentice being made into a warrior. I want that to be me! Even moreso, the fact that there was something... extra atop the she-cats head intruiged young Minkkit. Was that a... raccoon pelt? It seemed like extra fur. The way it moved, had the extra, striped tail... That had to be a raccoon! Her mom had told her a little bit about them.

Her curious little eyes turned right back to Perchstar as the ceremony continued, and finally concluded. Grebedance would be the new warrior's name, and as soon as Perchstar left the branch, her tiny little legs scuttled over. No longer could she contain her wiggliness. "You're so cool, Grebedance! Congratulations on your name! I want to be just like you one day!" She said with a beaming smile. Even if she wasn't heard, she looked up to the new warrior already with absolute wonder and awe.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
oryx

oryx

PostSubject: Re: Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyTue 19 Jul 2022 - 5:20

Grebedance... I like it! She nodded to herself as Perchstar announced the name, before placing her muzzle on her head. Grebedance had honestly forgotten about this part of the ceremony and just smiled awkwardly at the leader, happiness clear in her gaze and mannerisms, as her tail swished across the ground in excitement. She expected her family to congratulate her first, having taken so long to get to this point, but was surprised as one of Poppyshine's kits bounded up to her, babbling out praise and admiration. Laughter bubbled in her throat, an indescribable - but positive - feeling rising in her chest, and she swished her fluffy tail over the kit's ears. "I'm sure with the right mentor, you'll be just as cool as I am." And I hope I get to be that mentor, Grebedance thought, admiration of the russet kit's enthusiasm for everything before her forming immediately. It also helped to be declared her newest idol.

Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Characters : [H]Harebounce, [R]Redsun, [S]Snaildance, [M]Ramone
Clan/Rank : RC Tier 4 Warrior; TC Tier 3 Warrior, SC Tier 2 Warrior, Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 2520

PostSubject: Re: Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 20 Jul 2022 - 0:13

Harebounce practically leapt over the few cats between herself and her daughter, unabashed pride and glee on her face as she rushed to congratulate the black and white she-cat. "Grebedance! Grebedannnnce!" Her purr could put monsters to shame. "Oh, you did it!" She was practically smothering the newly named warrior under a shower of licks. Perhaps this was more than a little embarrassing for Grebedance - especially in front of her newfound admirer - but no matter how old she got, or how many names she might acquire, to Brick, her daughter would always, always be her sweet, little Wug.

"Close your eyes, I'll be here in the mornin'."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Grebepaw's Warrior Ceremony
Page 1 of 1