Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony

Go down 
+2
Kitty
Ash
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6714

Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony   Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 5:03 pm

Directly after her conversation with Maplespring, Perchstar left the den and leapt atop the Willow Branch. As she had said... there was not much time. It was better for the queen to be celebrated and recognized now as a member of RiverClan, so as to not leave her status within the Clan in limbo. After this, I should talk to Owlshriek. His kits have been apprenticed... his punishment may be over soon. Despite her initial annoyance at the situation, it had all turned out quite well. RiverClan had gained a plethora of new apprentices, and the forbidden romance was ended by the acquisition of another body in the nursery. There was no chance of disloyalty. Everything was working out nicely. Then, why... why was there such a strange churning in her stomach? Why did it feel as if this wasn't worth it?

Do all queens die? Darkglow disappeared, Amberdawn passed, Mallowmist passed, and now Maplespring... will Poppyshine be okay?

Perchstar shook the thought forcibly from her head, and allowed her mouth to mechanically call out the usual summons. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own fish gather for a Clan meeting."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony   Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 5:08 pm

Gratitude. That was the one word that could describe how Maplespring felt. There had been an unknown knot of worry growing in the pit of her stomach at a rapid rate, one that unsettled her quite greatly. But, with Perchstar ultimately agreeing to allow her to be part of Riverclan, it had gone away. As part of joining the Clan, Maplespring had hoped to take on a new name, one that would represent the new life she had, and gave, to Riverclan.

She had followed behind Perchstar as they left her den for the ceremony to occur. Granted, she had stayed quite a few paces behind, especially as she had forced her body to keep moving to her will. It was disheartening just how much her body refused to cooperate nowadays, as if every movement had to be thought out and sent through some type of lengthy approval process instead of simply being executed as it had before. Nevertheless, the tired queen found herself beneath the willow branch. For the first time, and the last time, she actually joined the crowd of cats, instead of staying at the safety of the nursery entrance.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony   Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 5:18 pm

Of course, it took a few moments for Maplespring to emerge. As before, the queen seemed to be fighting a losing battle with her own body. Yet... she made it, sitting below the willow branch, looking up with a naked gratitude in her eyes that almost made Perchstar want to throw herself from the branch. Why did she feel this way? This was a good thing. They were gaining another warrior for RiverClan, even if it was right before she... she....

Again, she forcibly truncated her own thoughts and forced her mind back to the topic at paw. "We gather today in order to officially add another cat to our ranks," Perchstar meowed, her voice almost entirely blank. If she separated herself from these strange emotions, perhaps they would go away... though she knew that was foolishly wishful thinking. "Maplespring fled from her home after breaking the code, but she has been nothing but a positive addition to the nursery. She has worked hard to be accepted, and shown nothing but complete loyalty to RiverClan. Her kits will bless us for moons to come. She has asked me to become a warrior of this Clan, and I accepted." She should keep this neutral... there was no reason to mention anything other than the facts. Her icy blue eyes, which had roamed over the crowd for a moment, returned almost reluctantly to the shining gaze of the she-cat in question. It was painful to see her thoughts written so clearly on her face. Still, the leader pressed on. "Maplespring. Do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and to protect and defend RiverClan... even at the cost of your life?" Her heart twisted at the last words. Somehow, they seemed worse in this context. Knowing what she knew... perhaps she should have left that part out. Yet, it was what Maplespring would want, wasn't it?

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony   Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 5:25 pm

Gratitude turned into nostalgia as the warrior recalled her warrior ceremony back in Windclan. She had trained so hard, fought so hard, to earn her name, just before the Dark Forest took its grip on the forest. It was a time of darkness that had gave way to eventual light. She let the nostalgia pass, and ultimately, a gentle smile settled upon her maw. Not at all was the warrior bothered by the neutrality of Perchstar's tone. After all, she hardly expected the leader to care when she'd come and asked for so much of the Clan. The least she could do was ensure that her kits were safe, behaved, and were of great benefit to Riverclan. It was all she could do as thanks.

"Do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and to protect and defend RiverClan... even at the cost of your life?

It was the age-old question. One that she had once pled her allegiance to Windclan with. "Yes. I promise my life to Riverclan and fight in its name, and leave any allegiance to Windclan behind." Her body felt as if she was screaming at the top of her lungs, but to any ears that heard, she was speaking as any other cat would when responding. There had been an odd tug for her to say that she left her allegiances to her past clan behind - to truly promise with her whole heart that she wanted to be a Riverclan warrior. It only added a somber thought to her mind as the words had left her maw. I want to die for the clan that gave me sanctuary despite my mistake, rather than the one that left me behind.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony   Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 6:37 pm

Perchstar set her thoughts aside and nodded. She had never done a ceremony quite like this before... but she would do her best. "Spirits of StarClan, you know every cat by name. I ask you now to take away the name from the cat you see before you, for it no longer stands for what she is. By my authority as Clan leader, and with the approval of our warrior ancestors, I give this cat a new name. From this moment on, she will be known as Mapleleaf, for her gentle friendship and kindness." Her throat felt clogged, for some reason. It was difficult to get these words out. Still, her voice was almost unnaturally devoid of emotion as she continued. "You are now welcome as a full warrior of RiverClan." Ending the ceremony, the leader leapt off of the Willow Branch. Echoing similar movements to a traditional warrior ceremony, she briefly touched her muzzle to the top of Mapleleaf's lead. Then, she pulled away and-- wordlessly-- nodded again. What could she say? There was nothing to say. She would let Owlshriek and Poppyshine and the apprentices give their congratulations. Perchstar stepped back and wandered away, trying to understand the ringing in her ears and the churning of her stomach.

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony   Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 6:44 pm

Mapleleaf.

It was a sweet name. She still felt reminded of nature, much as she was with her former name of Maplespring. Instead of picturing rabbits running across the moors in leaps and bounds, instead, she thought of a leaf gently falling from a maple tree, landing into a river and drifting away. Light, sweet, harmless. Warmth blossomed throughout the golden tabby's body as Perchstar lept down to press her nose to her head, her gaze towards the ground in respect and acceptance. There was a small smile that accompanied on her maw, the gratitude that had been in her gaze never wavering.

"Thank you." She mouthed the words to Perchstar, punctuating them with a small nod of her own. It was hard to hold back the tears that wanted to spill from her gaze, but somehow, she managed to do it. She'd been accepted into her new home, she truly had a place with her family. Her gaze turned to the crowd, and the tears finally spilled forth as she spotted each member of her small family. The smile on her maw only grew, the droplets a mixture of celebration and sorrow. Even with the weariness and pain that pulled her farther and farther down, she only felt light and joy in that moment.

Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Characters : Sleepycloud, Hopepaw, Lakekit
Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon
Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony   Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 6:49 pm

Sleepypaw

Sleepypaw sprang to her feet, with an unusual energy, the apprentice bounded towards her mother, tail high with excitement. "Mapleleaf, Mapleleaf!" Nearly barreling into her mother, the apprentice chanted the name loudly, bright green eyes looking up at the queen with pure glee. "You're part of RiverClan now! WindClan missed out on the coolest cat ever." Nudging her mom a loud purr left her, happiness surging in her the same way the river swelled after a rainfall.

Owlshriek

"Mapleleaf, Mapleleaf!" Owlshriek called, already sitting next to his mate with a calm, yet happy disposition. Out of all the possible endings, they both could have had to deal with, this was the best case. The family was together, and Mapleleaf was part of RiverClan. In a clan that loved her, and cared for her as much as he did. The tom didn't take his punishment poorly. In fact, he welcomed the chance to spend time with his kits and Mapleleaf. But most of all, he found himself grateful for RiverClan. For accepting her with unconditional love and support. They saw the kindness in her that he did. For that, he would forever be thankful.

Pressing his nose to her pelt, Owlshriek let out a rare purr.

Sleepycloud || Hopepaw || Lakekit
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

PostSubject: Re: Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony   Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 8:32 pm

Poppyshine

Poppyshine sat presently at the ceremony, it being one of the first things in days to get her out of the nursery. She smiled brightly as the ceremony continued, even despite Perchstar’s strange, extra-neutral tone and Maple’s quieter voice. She felt that tight uneasiness in her chest, too. The former WindClan cat was growing thinner, her fur less sheen, and had less and less energy by the day. It was obvious, really, what was going on—but no one dared speak it aloud. No one dared acknowledge it. They had something they could celebrate instead.

She leaned forward, eager for her to officially be a part of RiverClan. As Perchstar’s voice announced her welcome, Poppyshine chanted, “Mapleleaf! Mapleleaf!” She moved forward with the others that met with her. She allowed Sleepypaw and Owlshriek to meet her, and then she moved forward and pressed her face affectionately against Mapleleaf’s, purring incessantly. “I’m so glad to welcome you officially as part of RiverClan. The honor is ours, Mapleleaf.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
oryx

oryx

Characters : thistlemask | grebedance | turtlepaw
Clan/Rank : thunderclan t3 warrior | riverclan t3 warrior | thunderclan apprentice
Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony   Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 12:05 pm

"Mapleleaf!" The molly called out from her place beside the apprentice den, rising to her paws to join the former WindClan molly and her brother. Despite Grebepaw's bluntness upon their first meeting, she did genuinely enjoy all that Mapleleaf had brought to RiverClan in the short time she had been present, and she was also happy to see her brother's mate so readily accepted in the clan. As she padded closer, her eyes widened noticed how scrawny and fragile she had become; and the shimmer in her eyes looked slightly feverish when looking at the dullness of her coat. Despite that, she stopped a tail-length away from the gathered group, a warm look in her eyes.

"Like everyone has already said, congratulations. RiverClan is, after all, the superior clan." She purred at her own joke, looking around at all who had swarmed to welcome the molly, gaze settling on her brother who-- was that a purr? You did well Owlshriek, A small smile adorned her features, real happiness blooming in her chest at her brother and his family.

character profiles | aussie
Thistlemask | ThunderClan T4 Warrior | #9f0fa8
Grebedance | RiverClan T3 Warrior | #00bc91
Turtlepaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #eda324
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1017

PostSubject: Re: Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony   Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony EmptyFri Jul 15, 2022 7:55 pm

Stormdance

“Mapleleaf! Mapleleaf!” Stormdance’s voice rose to join in the chorus, a smile on his face. He could feel the slight tension in the air, and he could see how exhausted Mapleleaf seemed to be. He thought of the concerns Owlshriek had expressed to him a little while ago… and quickly pushed the ever-present anxiety from his mind. He wanted to believe everything was just fine, and he wanted to celebrate Mapleleaf officially being a part of their clan. He desperately wanted the feeling in his gut to be his own paranoia, not anything based in reality.

He moved forward to join the crowd of cats surrounding the queen, leaving enough room that those closer to her could easily get past him. Still, when he caught Mapleleaf’s eye, he gave her a warm smile. “Congratulations,” Stormdance mewed softly. “We’re happy to have you.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony   Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Maplespring's Name-Change Ceremony
Page 1 of 1