Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Ever Growing [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowgrove ♀ | Mountainpaw ♀ | Loonkit ♀ ~~ Copper was here
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Windclan | Shadowclan | Thunderclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4983

Ever Growing [c] Empty
PostSubject: Ever Growing [c]   Ever Growing [c] EmptyMon 4 Jul 2022 - 14:26

Maplespring had seen all of her kits reach apprenticeship, and the pride that swelled in the mother's chest couldn't have been more. Still, there was a weight that seemed to grow heavier and heavier upon her shoulders. She didn't want them to see it, nor did she want even Owlshriek or Poppyshine to see it, but there was an exhaustion that had settled deep into her body. Something that sapped more and more of her life with each day, slowly tugging her body towards the stars. It grew increasingly painful to get up each time she wanted to leave the nursery, and naps were the only semblance of peace. She dreamt of seeing her kits all reach warriorhood, of each of them finding love, of making Riverclan proud. Maplespring knew those dreams would come true, but it was becoming more and more obvious to her that she wouldn't get to see those days happen.

Even though the queen very much lived for her kits, there were a few selfish wishes going on in her mind. Even though she looked much skinnier than she should have, she heaved herself to her paws, slowly trudging across camp. It felt as if her pelt was weighed down by mud, but it was clean as ever. The spring she once had in her step that gave her the name she had was gone, but by no means was it the fault of anyone around her. Maplespring felt at home... and that was the very thing finally taking her to Perchstar's den.

"Perchstar?" The molly called out, though it really sounded much more like she was simply chatting with a nearby friend than truly calling out her name. She simply didn't have the energy. "I hope I'm not disturbing... I would like to talk to you."

MurkyriverSnowvixenHollowgroveMountainpawLoonkit
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6888

Ever Growing [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever Growing [c]   Ever Growing [c] EmptySun 10 Jul 2022 - 18:25

Gradually, things had begun looking up. The dark cloud of war that had seemed inevitable had dissipated at the last possible moment. The apprentice den was full of promising young cats, one of them training under Perchstar herself. There were too many fish to eat, and the river ran calm and smooth. Everything seemed right with the world. Of course, the leader did not let the apparent peace lull her into a false sense of security. Something could happen at any moment... a truth she knew all too well. Still, it was nice to take a moment or two and let her guard down, just to feel what it would be like to truly be free of worries. Alone in her den, she rolled back her shoulders and allowed a small sigh of contentment to escape.

Of course, it was at that moment that the one loose end in camp would come into her den. Perchstar did not jump in surprise, but she did whirl around a little bit quicker than she would have liked when she heard her name called out. How could I nearly forget about Maplespring? The former WindClan queen was a very quiet presence in camp. At first, the leader had assumed that was because she was unaccustomed to her new surroundings, but upon further observation, there also seemed to be other reasons. There was a... heaviness, to the she-cat's steps. There was a constant cloud of exhaustion weighing her down. And it didn't seem to be caused by lack of self-care, as had been the case with Perchfall the deputy. No, Maplespring was given plenty of fish by her young apprentices, and looked after by Dovesight and Owlshriek. There was something else that was causing this. Some external force that weighed down the queen's shoulders into that concerning slump. And while Perchstar was no medicine cat, she was beginning to believe that it was not something that could be simply cured with rest and relaxation.

None of these inferences showed on the leader's face as Maplespring entered. However, the lines to her face were not as severe as usual. "You are welcome. Speak," she said simply. There was an interested glint in her light blue eyes as they met the queen's. She straightened up from her former relaxing pose, and wrapped her tail around her paws.

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ ShadowClan ○
⸙ Tier 3 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowgrove ♀ | Mountainpaw ♀ | Loonkit ♀ ~~ Copper was here
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Windclan | Shadowclan | Thunderclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4983

Ever Growing [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever Growing [c]   Ever Growing [c] EmptyWed 13 Jul 2022 - 7:26

Though the molly certainly had no clue that she had seldom crossed Perchstar's mind, if at all, the fact that she had flown under the leader's radar was certainly a win in her books. In coming to Riverclan, Maplespring had wanted to cause as little of trouble as possible for the entire Clan. Of course, her body unfortunately would make her a slight inconvenience at times to Dovesight, but she'd for the most part been able to stay cordial with the rest of the clan. Poppyshine even seemed to quite enjoy her company.

Given permission to come in and sit, Maplespring used all the strength she could to at least be in a good visible viscinity of Perchstar. The way her body seemed to fight any movement she wanted to make was more than frustrating to the warrior, but she forced it to work. Sitting with a much more comfortable posture than the last time she had spoken with the silver bi-colored leader, she wasn't about to waste her time. "My children have all been apprenticed, and you said my membership to the Clan could be reevaluated then." She spoke with a softness to her voice, but still easy enough to hear. "I don't mean to be so prompt, but my body is failing me. Dovesight... whatever this is, this can't be fixed. But if Riverclan would have me, it would be my honor to pledge my allegiance and pass as a warrior of Riverclan."

MurkyriverSnowvixenHollowgroveMountainpawLoonkit
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6888

Ever Growing [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever Growing [c]   Ever Growing [c] EmptyWed 13 Jul 2022 - 9:56

As she moved closer, the physical state of Maplespring was even more visible. It seemed as if she were swimming in air, actively fighting against gravity in order to make her limbs work. It was... worrying. Perchstar suppressed a grimace as the bedraggled queen finally sat down, breathing out the words that she should have expected. "My body is failing me." Unfortunately, to the leader's well-practiced eye, that seemed to be entirely true. Her initial assessment at the entrance of camp had been correct. Likely, the former WindClanner would not last to see the end of the moon. She felt sick to her stomach at the realization. Stars, you don't even know her that well. Why do you care like this?

Still, keeping her face as neutral as usual-- a defense mechanism that activated when she felt this uncomfortable-- Perchstar nodded. "I was afraid of that," she murmured. Ice-blue eyes were contemplative as they held Maplespring's gaze. "You may not have been hunting and swimming, but the kits you and Owlshriek bore are an important addition to our Clan. You have also been... a good friend, to Poppyshine. I have seen your efforts to be part of the Clan. I appreciate them." She had hoped, in the back of her mind, that Maplespring would recover, and be trained in the ways of RiverClan. However... as she had originally thought, that would likely be impossible. An official change of allegiances to showcase the queen's efforts was the least she could do, after the apprentice's den had become so filled. Though she wouldn't admit it... she had felt as if Maplespring could be right at home. Her neutral tone was a little bit softened, echoing that of the other cat. "If that is still your wish, I would gladly provide you with such a ceremony."

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ ShadowClan ○
⸙ Tier 3 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ever Growing [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever Growing [c]   Ever Growing [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Ever Growing [c]
Page 1 of 1