Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

a change of faces [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3221

a change of faces [c] Empty
PostSubject: a change of faces [c]   a change of faces [c] EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 7:52 am

Deerkit raised his head to gaze at the moon. it was huge and round and dark-- a new moon. the tabby stood onto his hindlegs, and stretched his forepaws as high as he could. as if he could touch the stars. he unsheathed his claws, wobbled around on his hindleg with his tail lashing. he made a slashing movement, cutting the starry sky into shatters.

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

PostSubject: Re: a change of faces [c]   a change of faces [c] EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 8:02 am

Duskflight

Swiftheart's litter had pained him to observe, how much they resembled his friend.. And yet, it wasn't just them who had reminded him. Near the middle of the camp, a lone tabby kit gazed to the stars. Snowfoot's kit. He bore the same name as his daughter, now no longer present. Yet they looked so painfully alike.

Deerkit.

Though he'd have to embrace the truth. They weren't the same cat. Nor was any of Swiftheart's kits the same as his friends', no matter how alike. They're different. No matter the origins, his friends would live in his heart... Separately. Now, these were unique, different cats. With a smile, the black tom would quietly approach the young tom.

"Aren't the stars interesting, Deerkit? I hope I didn't scare you. I'm Duskflight."

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: a change of faces [c]   a change of faces [c] EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 8:06 am

Deerkit whipped around to face the huge black tom. he had scented him a few moments before he opened his mouth. but he still needed practice. the enemy would not stand a few fox-lengths away, waiting to be scented. "No," he said simply.

"Yeah, the stars are interesting," he added, his eyes not moving from the stars. "did you ever wonder how Starclan cats stand, or how the trees stand in the sky?" he added, watching the older warrior.

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: a change of faces [c]   a change of faces [c] EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 6:30 pm

Duskflight

Setting himself down, the warrior tilted his head. "Hm, well.. Personally, I don't think they really 'stand' in the nightsky at all. To me, above the stars, they float." His memory went back to his first Moonstone journey, before speaking again. "Well... When I visited StarClan on my Moonstone Journey, though, they walked with the starry plains. StarClan almost seemed unreal, then. But they are true." Duskflight smiled.

The kit continued to watch the stars, not glancing at him. Kits were... surely puzzling. "And for how trees stand in the sky, I don't think I understand your question." He chuckled. "Though if it's how they stand tall, facing the sky..? I suppose nature simply grows that way. Maybe Basilbloom, or Fuzzypaw will have a better answer than I do. They know more about both StarClan and nature."

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: a change of faces [c]   a change of faces [c] EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 7:21 am

Deerkit nodded slowly. the tom did not answer his question exactly, but he could tell that no matter how hard he pushed it he would not get any better advice. "What's being a warrior like?" he asked instead, hoping to change the topic.

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: a change of faces [c]   a change of faces [c] EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 7:01 pm

Duskflight

Naturally, Duskflight assumed that was all that the kit had wanted to know about StarClan and.. the trees. He didn't understand Deerkit's questions, not exactly. "Hmm, being a warrior?" How could he ever express it...? "The beginning of becoming a warrior is maturing, first off. By then, you'd already understand more of what this world is like. Your apprenticeship plays a very important role in who you are later in life, so pay attention, Deerkit." He spoke, honestly.

"It's not always a smooth journey. Things will be harder each step, with new challenges every day for you to face. But sometimes, it feels unchanging, too." He took a moment to breathe in. "Not everyone sees warriorhood the same as I might, but that's also up to you to decide for yourself, Deerkit. However, that is what being a warrior is like, for me."

He felt his throat tightening, for a small moment before he relaxed again. It's realizing that everything comes at a cost, whether or not you'll realize it. That not everything you can rely on StarClan to help guide you through.

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: a change of faces [c]   a change of faces [c] EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 7:19 am

Deerkit watched the older tom's face go through a series of changes: first, he seemed a bit unsure of how to explain to the kit, then his features turned up in what Deerkit recognized as some sort of grief, then he just looked tired.

"I see..." he said after Duskflight had finished. "Thank you."

PostSubject: Re: a change of faces [c]   a change of faces [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

a change of faces [c]
Page 1 of 1