Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Doble mi Duo [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowgrove ♀ | Mountainpaw ♀ | Loonkit ♀ ~~ Copper was here
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Windclan | Shadowclan | Thunderclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4982

Doble mi Duo [c] Empty
PostSubject: Doble mi Duo [c]   Doble mi Duo [c] EmptyTue 14 Jun 2022 - 16:43

Maplespring had found herself constantly thinking about the generosity that had been shown to her not too long ago. Over several days, the golden molly had taken the time to study the currents of the water. Just how fast they were, when they seemed to slow... She had faith in her legs to be able to traverse for her plan. A small gift, left hopefully for the tom who had been on patrol. She didn't remotely know how Riverclan's patrols worked, but she had enough of a brain to know that they'd be by soon enough, meaning that her gift wouldn't go to waste. Two rabbits were carried in her maw by their ears, a practiced notion from the creature being Windclan's main food source.

So there she stood for just a moment, eyeing the waters. They seemed to be relatively slow, and while the bottom half of the rabbits were certainly at risk of getting wet, it seemed that most of them would be kept dry.

Seemed.

As the warrior had finally gathered the courage to leap into the water, its icy chill had been truly unanticipated. With the warmth of newleaf thoroughly making her comfortable, the contrast of the cold water seemed to suck any strength from her body. All she could do for a moment was half-sink, half-float in the freezing water, her mind shocked on what to do next. What was going to be strong, swift, movements turned seemingly frantic. It was what seemed to be a deep-rooted instinct that she found herself having to draw upon in desperation to get across, as turning around simply felt impossible. Her jaw clamped tighter around the ears of the rabbits she carried, the only alternative to her wanting to let out the scream.

After what felt like ages, the Windclan warrior made it across. The only thing that had saved her in her ability to swim was the strong legs of running and constant hopping she seemed to emplore, but the moment she found herself on the shore, the rabbits were instantly almost half-tossed away. Exhaustion tugged at her body, and it seemed the water was too much for the golden molly. Turning once more towards the water, she couldn't help the shocked heave, not even having the strength to shake the water from her fur. Tired paws collapsed onto the bank, and all she could do was send a small prayer to Starclan that whoever would happen to find her would have enough mercy to let her rest just long enough to cross back to Windclan's side.

Shrikestar surely would have her tail for this... but an act of peace surely would help Windclan's name, given what had happened at the last gathering, right?

MurkyriverSnowvixenHollowgroveMountainpawLoonkit
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Characters : Sleepycloud, Hopepaw, Lakepaw, Bear
Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (MCA), Hopepaw [App], Lake [App], Bear [Loner[
Taurus Dragon
Number of posts : 3603

Doble mi Duo [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doble mi Duo [c]   Doble mi Duo [c] EmptyTue 14 Jun 2022 - 17:07

How many cats have fallen into the gorge without anyone to save them?

Perhaps that is why Owlshriek found himself covering patrols by the WindClan border. Not that he expected too much trouble. Their border was barely much of one at that. The swift river and the gorge were not to be messed with. The water looked calm, but the undercurrents were killer for those unsuspecting. His ears flicked at the sound of splashing in the distance. Either a large fish ripe to be caught, or a cat crossing the border. Ducking past the reeds that dotted their land, Owlshriek caught sight of a cat collapsed by the shore. Now which WindClan cat was trying to kill itself this time?

As he stalked closer, the form of Maplespring grew larger. Her fluffy fur was flattened by the cold water, laying exhausted by the shore. Mouth opened in confusion, and the tom stood out of his crouch and approached casually. Had it been any other cat, he would have likely grabbed their scruff without warning and dragged them back to their territory. If they put up a fight? Well, he'd let go and watch them try to cross.

But he knew this cat, and she had been nice. Polite to Stormpaw, and polite to him. Not to mention after he saved her life too. Yellow eyes caught the forms of rabbits not too far away. Owl hadn't ever actually tried rabbits before. They hardly spent a lot of time in RiverClan land. So why were they here? Picking up the rabbits, Owlshriek dropped them by Maplespring and bent close to her to feel her breath. She was alive if a bit exhausted. Rather amused, the tom took her by the scruff and pulled her further on shore, away from the cold water. Dropping her down on dry grass, he sat next to her for a long moment. "Hey, I saved you from the gorge. Don't go killing yourself in the river now too." His mouth morphed into a smile. Why? Owlshriek wasn't quite certain.

Ducking down, he gingerly groomed her fur back to hopefully dry her off. Thankfully he had plenty of experience with his own fur, so he was quick to help her dry. Though, as soon as she started to stir, Owlshriek pulled back and gave her space. "You're lucky I'm the one who found you."

Sleepycloud || Hopepaw || Lakekit
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowgrove ♀ | Mountainpaw ♀ | Loonkit ♀ ~~ Copper was here
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Windclan | Shadowclan | Thunderclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4982

Doble mi Duo [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doble mi Duo [c]   Doble mi Duo [c] EmptyTue 14 Jun 2022 - 20:04

The familiar voice reaching her ears was certainly one she didn't expect, but to say it was welcomed was an understatement. It seemed Starclan was throwing her a few favors. She had no resistance as he pulled her further away from the cold water that had penetrated her pelt, the stabbing edge of the chill no longer actively causing her to shiver as harshly at the very least. "Just wanted to bring some thanks..." She spoke softly, as her breathing was heavy from having been winded.

No real desire to open her eyes found itself to her before she felt the comforting feeling of a tongue grooming her fur. A purr of gratitude rumbled out of her chest. Even if it was weaker than normal, it'd be more than audible to the cat grooming her in question. Soon enough she felt she had enough energy to at least sit up, the weight of the cold water no longer cementing her to the ground as it had felt moments before. With her head at least off of the ground, she pushed herself to her paws. Doing her best to shake out her fur, she shuffled over to a drier patch of ground from the one she'd soaked just seconds before, laying down once more. "You can say that again... Maybe it's a good thing I brought over two." Her green gaze flickered over to the rabbits that were much closer to the waters edge. They looked much more sad than they had before she'd attempted to swim across... but oh well.

"I guess it's safe to say I probably shouldn't come near the gorge again, huh? Second time you've saved my pelt... at this point, Windclan is going to owe Riverclan quite a bit more than just some prey." As her head was settled on her paws while still taking long, deep breaths, her emerald eyes would flicker over to the warrior's own gaze. Surprising heat rushed to her ears as it clicked in her mind she was staring just a bit, immediately looking away once the realization had struck.

MurkyriverSnowvixenHollowgroveMountainpawLoonkit
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Characters : Sleepycloud, Hopepaw, Lakepaw, Bear
Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (MCA), Hopepaw [App], Lake [App], Bear [Loner[
Taurus Dragon
Number of posts : 3603

Doble mi Duo [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doble mi Duo [c]   Doble mi Duo [c] EmptyWed 15 Jun 2022 - 13:42

The tom's tail flicked over his paws, glancing at the rabbits that looked specifically drowned from the water. He knew plenty of his clan would be interested in trying a rabbit for the first time. It was a rare treat certainly. His yellow eyes turned back to Maplespring's soaking pelt. It wasn't as thick of a pelt as his, though it certainly held plenty of water. Her fur was still dripping river water, soaking the grass. "Consider it a favor from a friend." He offered, meeting her gaze evenly. Though, after a long moment, she looked away. Owlshriek tilted his head and after a short breath, stepped forward to her side. "If you don't dry off, you will get a cold." He mewed quietly, returning to grooming her shoulder. "Trust me, staying wet for too long will get you sick. And I can't save you from that." He mused, ducking his head for a moment to focus on drying her off.

After a few minutes, Owlshriek backed off to view his work. Satisfied with her dry pelt, he nodded and turned back to her. "There are some rocks further north. They are a bit out of the way, but you won't have to swim back through." The water was low enough today that they wouldn't be covered. He finally digested the situation further, and an amused smirk crossed his face. "You know, you don't have to thank me. I did what any cat would have done."

Sleepycloud || Hopepaw || Lakekit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Doble mi Duo [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doble mi Duo [c]   Doble mi Duo [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Doble mi Duo [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: The Gorge-
Jump to: