Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

sleep in your defense (OPEN;; Cloverheart vigil)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6726

sleep in your defense (OPEN;; Cloverheart vigil) Empty
PostSubject: sleep in your defense (OPEN;; Cloverheart vigil)   sleep in your defense (OPEN;; Cloverheart vigil) EmptyTue 14 Jun 2022 - 0:25

Stars... what a Gathering. Thankfully, once Perchstar had hurriedly ushered her Clanmates away from the clearing, the hail had not followed them. Clearly, they were not the problem. She did all she could have. But if that was the case, then why did shame threaten to burn through her pelt? Why did she feel as guilty as if she had not even bothered to address the awful crime that was committed? Why did Bloodstar's insults worm into her mind, threatening to dig up her old burdens of self-loathing and self-consciousness? The outward pelting of hail would have been preferable to the familiar inner turmoil that slowly began seeping into her bones once more. Walking at the head of her Clan, she tried her best to put those thoughts out of her head. And yet, it was with a notably dejected air that the leader crossed the shallow river and onto the sandy banks of RiverClan camp. Though the gray and white she-cat kept a straight face, her torn ear drooped slightly, and her tail was lowered as she trudged up to the base of the Willow Branch... where the corpse of Cloverheart, slowly drying, still lay. She did not bother leaping to the top. "Let all cats gather for a Clan meeting," she called, her voice lower than usual, but still just loud enough to wake any who may have been sleeping.

The leader waited for a moment for Clanmates to gather, and the rest who had gone to the Gathering to make it into camp, before speaking again. "The Gathering has concluded," she began. "I have some good news, and some bad news. The good news is that we now know who has killed Cloverheart; the SkyClan she-cat, Beechfang, admitted it herself." The complete lack of care or self-awareness in the she-cat's eyes still haunted Perchstar a little bit. She shook her head. "The bad news is that Bloodstar has, so far, refused to cooperate. He dismissed my call to justice, claimed that it was Cloverheart's own fault for getting killed, and denied me the respect of a leader. He ignored my attempt at responding, and instead chose to focus on the other chaos happening at the Gathering. A SkyClan queen gave birth, and some cats-- SkyClan and WindClan-- began fighting. StarClan warned us twice that the Gathering was to end, so we left before all had given their announcements." She let out a deep sigh. What a mess, what an exhausting night it had been... and yet it was still not over. But this was not about her. It never had been. It never would be. Her foolish emotions would not get in the way again. "I will not let this stand. There will be justice for Cloverheart. However... it will not come tonight. That time has passed, torn unwillingly from my claws with the disdain of a tom that I thought might at least have the decency to apologize. For now, we will have a vigil. Tonight we will honor Cloverheart for her life, her deeds, and the important services that she gave to this Clan. But, most of all, we will remember her as a friend."

Exhaustion trailing from her like a visible cloud, Perchstar bowed her head in respect towards the still body of the former medicine cat. It was still so hard to believe.. just a day or two ago, Cloverheart had been alive. Breathing. But now, she was reduced to this undignified corpse. There was so much that still needed to be done... So much that still needed to be said. And yet, they would have to wait until a reunion in the stars to do so. "I am sorry," she murmured, her ice-blue eyes squeezing shut so that no one could see the anguish that had finally begun to surface. No one needed to see how much this was shaking her, now that she finally allowed herself to realize that Cloverheart was gone. Her voice was hushed, quiet, barely more than a whisper. "I never got to thank you. I never truly knew you, but...  your advice meant a lot to me. If you had not come with me to the Moonstone, I might never have gone. You did me an unrepayable favor when you healed Ashflight after he was mauled by that fox. If not for you... well. I am forever in your debt, Cloverheart. Please, rest well in the stars. Continue to watch over us." The words she had never truly let herself say were almost too much. Perchstar took a deep, shaky breath, attempting to control her voice. The last few words were hardly audible. "I will avenge you, I promise. I will not fail a second time." Gently, she licked Cloverheart's forehead, grooming the thick tuft of fur away from her peacefully closed eyes. Then, the leader stepped back, so that others could offer their own parting words. SkyClan would not get away with inflicting such pain on her Clan.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Characters : Sleepycloud, Hopepaw, Lakekit
Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon
Number of posts : 3558

PostSubject: Re: sleep in your defense (OPEN;; Cloverheart vigil)   sleep in your defense (OPEN;; Cloverheart vigil) EmptyTue 14 Jun 2022 - 13:57

The hail that had pelted them as they left the gathering did little to quench the fury under his pelt. Owlshriek stalked back to camp just behind Perchstar, though keeping a close eye on his apprentice through the trip back home.

Plenty of thoughts ran through his mind at the time. Bloodstar's behavior towards RiverClan's grievances, as well as respect for fellow leader Perchstar made the fur on his spine prickle. Was SkyClan asking for trouble? Any decent cat would see that the solution would be proper punishment, such as exile. What clan would want to keep a medicine cat killer within their walls? Owlshriek wasn't sure. Though, the outrage felt by the other clans, such as the WindClan elders that rushed Beechfang, was a small consolation that RiverClan wasn't crazy for demanding justice. Even if it caused the ire of StarClan. There is something to be said about their issues being brushed off, but other cats caring helped a lot.

As they neared the camp, Owlshriek let out a long sigh. Cloverheart's body lay unmoving, and Owlshriek felt the rage flare up once more. For Perchstar, he had held his tongue, he had refrained from joining the elders in their furious attack. Yet the anger only felt more pent up over time. He had never been close to Cloverheart, thankfully only getting minor scratches as an apprentice. But, he had seen the help and the care that the medicine cat had given to the clan. Losing that was something to morn in itself.

After Perchstar's recap of the gathering, Owlshriek approached his fallen clanmate's body. He didn't have a right to spend the night watching over her as he had with Hollyleaf. Instead, he pressed his nose into her fur and muttered; "I promise, we will set things right, Cloverheart. You have my word." Then, gingerly, he backed up to make room for others to pay their respects. His yellow eyes flicked over to Perchstar, delivering a nod. Perhaps it didn't need to be said-- Owlshriek wanted in on paying SkyClan a visit.

Sleepycloud || Hopepaw || Lakekit
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2974

PostSubject: Re: sleep in your defense (OPEN;; Cloverheart vigil)   sleep in your defense (OPEN;; Cloverheart vigil) EmptyTue 14 Jun 2022 - 17:43

Poppyshine

Poppyshine was beyond tired when they finally got back from the Gathering. She thought that all those who had gone deserved a long rest after they’d had to sit through all of the chaos of the night. There was not quite time for rest, however, as Perchstar took her place to announce what had happened and lead the vigil for Cloverheart. Poppyshine bowed her head respectfully and listened to Perchstar, before things fell quiet again. When she had finished, and after Owlshriek had taken his own moment with Cloverheart, Poppyshine moved forward. She pressed her nose into the medicine cat’s fur and felt a sob build up in her chest.

She had not spent much time with Cloverheart either, but she had spent more time with her than most cats her age. Following the attack from Softfall, she’d spent a couple days recovering in the medicine den. They had not spoken much, as Cloverheart was never all too interested in casual conversation, but Poppyshine had enjoyed her presence all the same. The most they had spoken was just a few days earlier, when Poppyshine had assisted Cloverheart on a hunt for herbs.

I'm sure you'll make a good mother, when the time comes. I hope to see them someday."

The tears bubbled over and Poppyshine’s sob escaped her. She had held onto her anger since Cloverheart’s body was found, and all through the Gathering, to keep from losing her composure in front of the other clans. To keep herself moving forward. But now Poppyshine could only cry and mourn for their lost friend, who would never again teach Poppyshine about the herbs, and who would never meet any future kits. Their medicine cat was gone, and it seemed that everything had worked against them tonight to try and seek justice for her.

“I’m so sorry, Cloverheart,” Poppyshine whispered into the late medicine cat’s fur. “We will find peace for you, I promise, but—we could not tonight. I’m sorry.” Any other heartfelt words that Poppyshine wanted to speak could not get past the quiet cries that flowed forth from her.

She stayed there for longer than she was perhaps entitled to, but the pain of losing Cloverheart, and many other RiverClan cats in the past moon, felt raw to Poppyshine. She took a while to finally gain some semblance of composure and stand up again. Finally she withdrew, giving room for other clanmates to mourn, and she sat herself between Owlshriek and Perchstar, wiping her paw at her face to try and quell the last tears that still wetted her fur.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
[Not Pictured]

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1028

PostSubject: Re: sleep in your defense (OPEN;; Cloverheart vigil)   sleep in your defense (OPEN;; Cloverheart vigil) EmptyWed 15 Jun 2022 - 17:36

Stormpaw

Stormpaw’s paws felt heavy and dull. The walk back from fourtrees had soothed the adrenaline spike he felt after Starclan began to express its disapproval. Now, he just felt tired. And angry. Angry at Skyclan, angry at the senseless murder of Riverclan’s medicine cat, angry that he couldn’t do more about it. But it was a dull, quiet kind of anger, one that simmered, and he tucked it within his chest for later. He trusted Perchstar when she said they would find justice, and right now wasn’t the time for his anger. It was time for the clan to come together and mourn their loss.

He waited to approach Cloverheart’s body, not wanting to be disrespectful or interrupt any other cat’s grieving. Once there was a moment, he padded over and pressed his nose gently into Cloveheart’s fur. He didn’t say anything for a few seconds, words escaping his tongue. Then, he whispered a simple, soft, "I'm sorry. You deserved better." He wished he’d had the chance to know Cloverheart, and he hoped Cloverheart’s journey to Starclan was a peaceful one, despite the violent nature of her death. And he silently promised to do whatever he could to help his clan find justice for her death.

Then he stepped away, and he found his place behind Owlshriek again. He could tell his mentor was angry, and he couldn’t blame him. He felt it too. He pressed lightly against Owlshriek’s side, digging his claws into the soft ground and closing his eyes. He just sat, silent as he shared in his clan’s grief and anger.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2376

PostSubject: Re: sleep in your defense (OPEN;; Cloverheart vigil)   sleep in your defense (OPEN;; Cloverheart vigil) EmptyFri 24 Jun 2022 - 14:30

It didn't even feel real. Cloverheart, RiverClan's medicine cat, who had healed many after the battle against the Dark Forest... she was dead. It had only been a few sunrises ago when she saw the medicine cat, alive and well. Why would Beechfang even want to kill her, and more importantly, why would Bloodstar say that she deserved it? The Cloverheart she knew was kind and compassionate, who eager to help her clanmates whenever she could. There wasn't any good reason why Beechface would want to kill someone like that. "May StarClan light your path, Cloverheart," she mumbled under her breath, gazing at Cloverheart's lifeless body.

Laurelkit, WindClan Kit: 10/30

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

sleep in your defense (OPEN;; Cloverheart vigil) Image10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sleep in your defense (OPEN;; Cloverheart vigil)   sleep in your defense (OPEN;; Cloverheart vigil) Empty

Back to top Go down

sleep in your defense (OPEN;; Cloverheart vigil)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Camp-
Jump to: