Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

sticks and stones [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

sticks and stones [C] Empty
PostSubject: sticks and stones [C]   sticks and stones [C] EmptyWed 8 Jun 2022 - 21:26

When Minnowfin had announced he would be taking on an apprentice, Dayquill had been... unsure, and that was the best he felt about it. He still felt young, like he was just getting the hang of being a warrior himself. But then, when he thought about it, he was getting a little older. He wasn't arrogant enough to consider himself one of the Clan's best warriors, as badly as he wanted to be, and no amount of arrogance could count him as senior. But then, no matter how experienced he was, apprentices still needed to be trained, and they couldn't all be unloaded on the warriors with more skills under their paws. Minnowfin is young, too, and he's our leader now. I guess I don't have much to worry about. Silent reassurances did little to quell his nerves, but Dayquill wasted no more time in approaching the apprentice's den. He didn't make a fuss of it, just quietly slipped inside and roused Nightpaw from her nest. "I'm going to show you a bit of the territory today, and maybe more if we have time." He explained softly, not wanting to wake the others, before he lead them out on the tail of the dawn patrol.

He let his paws guide him, and it wasn't long before the tom realized they'd walked the familiar path to Snakerocks. His whiskers twitched as he registered where they'd end up, and he turned to Nightpaw with a frown. "Well, I guess I could've brought us somewhere... nicer, for your first time out. This is Snakerocks, and I bet you can guess why it's called that." Dayquill paused, gaze trailing to look over the stony features. He'd never seen a snake any of the times he'd come here... but just his luck, one would leap out at Nightpaw the second she approached. "So be careful. Don't try to be brave, or impressive. I think we'll try some hunting, how's that sound?" For a moment, his mind flickered to Stoatstar, and the golden tom winced. Thoughts of clumsy battle training alongside his sister were dismissed, and Dayquill forced what he could of a smile for his apprentice.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6024

PostSubject: Re: sticks and stones [C]   sticks and stones [C] EmptySat 25 Jun 2022 - 13:43

"Of course," Nightpaw dipped her head in acknowledgement as she rose to her paws. "Let's get started."

With the same assured confidence as night followed day, Nightpaw followed Dayquill through the territory without any outward complaint. Inwardly she grudged about sleeping in, of course, as all apprentices did; but she knew with pure certainty that she was one of ThunderClan's best and brightest, and it would only do her good to make the best possible impression on her mentor- and not just because they'd be spending a lot of time together, as she was determined to learn everything she possibly could.

The territory was beautiful, dappled sunlight breaking through leaf canopies, undergrowth surrounding the trees. She was certain that theirs was the best corner of the forest, unrivaled by any other.

As Dayquill came to a stop and turned to face her, Nightpaw likewise paused. "It's important to learn all the territory, right? Especially places that are dangerous," she offered. Snakerocks, she thought, looking around and filing the name away in her mind. "Snakes, huh...?"

After what happened to Egg, I think I'm okay not dealing with any snakes.

She held her head high. "I don't need to try to be brave or impressive." And I really don't need to get myself sent to medicine den the first time I've ever left camp! "But, if there are snakes here... Is it safe to be hunting?"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: sticks and stones [C]   sticks and stones [C] EmptyMon 4 Jul 2022 - 7:18

Whether Nightpaw was trying to hide her bravado or not, it was almost hard to say. She was hardly subtle about it, but her question about safety came almost sheepishly. Either way, Dayquill just shook his head, moving past her statement about being brave. "I wouldn't have brought you here if it wasn't. Not your first time out, at least." He mewed, turning his attention away from Nightpaw and towards the stony hollows. "I mean, yeah, there are snakes here. It isn't a field of flowers or anything, but... well, it isn't a guarantee that something bad will happen either, you know? My mentor- Stoatstar -brought me out here, my first training session." Shrugging, the pale tom padded forward, hopping onto a small pile of stones. "And I won't let anything happen. If you see a snake, or something just feels off, get me. You shouldn't be going too far anyway."

Ear twitching, Dayquill slowly looked around, gaze drifting over this stony corner of their territory in search of prey. There was a little sparrow, pecking at pebbles not far off. Waving his tail to catch the apprentice's attention, Dayquill lowered his voice, "There's a bird over there, Nightpaw. I'm going to try and catch it, and hopefully we can make a lesson out of it. For now, just watch me; I'll explain what goes right. Or... goes wrong." With that, he lowered himself from the rock slowly, pulling himself forward until he was within range. Pausing, he bunched his muscles and hovered for just a moment before springing, claws closing around the bird. It cried, shrill, but was quickly silenced with a nip to the back of its neck. With a pleased hum, Dayquill made his way back to Nightpaw, dropping his catch in front of her. "I'm not good with, uh, words so much, but... well, when you hunt, you want to keep your body low. So nothing sees you. Low, but not scraping the ground. It's- it's a little uncomfortable at first, honestly, but you'll get the hang of it. And... go slow. Take your steps lightly. It's a lot of, uhm, repetition, muscle memory... but I'll help where I can. You just have to listen, and follow. See if you can scent anything, and we'll see how you do?"

Dayquill attempted to catch a bird... catch successful! -3 SP.

ooc; new-leaf hunting rolls for this thread!

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Mon 4 Jul 2022 - 7:22; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15023

PostSubject: Re: sticks and stones [C]   sticks and stones [C] EmptyMon 4 Jul 2022 - 7:18

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

sticks and stones [C] Mistpe10
sticks and stones [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: sticks and stones [C]   sticks and stones [C] EmptyFri 8 Jul 2022 - 19:38

Nightpaw's ears perked up. "Do we have fields of flowers? That sounds pretty," she commented. She listened as Dayquill spoke about safety, and to call for him if she did spot a snake- that made sense- and then as he spoke about hunting.

"Keep your body low," she repeated, looking for a sign that she'd heard correctly. She wanted to get this right. "But still above the ground. Move slowly... I think I understand it." She spotted a squirrel on a nearby rock, and- resisting the urge to dart toward it- lowered herself to the ground, trying to hold herself up as she'd been instructed.

Move slowly, and...!

She had missed the squirrel, and instead caught between her paws-

A familiar, wriggling shape.

Oh, no!

Before she could call for help, the snake lashed out; striking her before she'd noticed its movement.

"Dayquill! Help me- please!"

Nightpaw failed to catch a Squirrel, costing 3 SP and summoning a predator!
Snake used Serpent Strike, dealing 6 damage to Nightpaw and costing 10 SP.

Nightpaw
14/20 HP (-6)
57/60 SP (-3)

Dayquill
50/50 HP
120/120 SP

Snake
Serpentine Movement
15/15 HP
65/75 SP (-10)

Last edited by Holly on Fri 8 Jul 2022 - 19:47; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: sticks and stones [C]   sticks and stones [C] EmptyFri 8 Jul 2022 - 19:38

The member 'Holly' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: sticks and stones [C]   sticks and stones [C] EmptyFri 8 Jul 2022 - 19:47

Serpentine Movement roll-

Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: sticks and stones [C]   sticks and stones [C] EmptyFri 8 Jul 2022 - 19:47

The member 'Holly' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: sticks and stones [C]   sticks and stones [C] EmptySun 24 Jul 2022 - 4:02

"I don't think so, no. Not a whole field," Dayquill answered mildly, picturing what a sea of flowers might look like in the heart of their territory. If there was one, he would've found it already and spent most of his free time there. Shrugging, he watched as Nightpaw lowered herself into the crouch he'd just demonstrated; a little unsteady, or maybe a little too low, but for first attempts she was doing wonderful. He nodded along steadily as she drew closer to a nearby squirrel, and out of the corner of his eye he caught light bouncing off thin scales; springing forward, he hoped to yank Nightpaw away before she leaped right into its path, but he was a heartbeat too late.

The serpent lunged, fangs flashing and digging into Nightpaw. With a hiss, Dayquill dove towards it, his own fangs bared and hoping to rip it away; but with a louder, much more venom-bearing hiss, the adder retracted its teeth from Nightpaw's leg and curled out of the way of his snapping teeth. "This is fine! We're fine!" Dayquill assured, though his voice was high and strained. Standing protectively in front of Nightpaw, he went on, "This isn't what I wanted, but... I guess you're learning all the same. Watch your leg now." There was concern in the last note of his mew, but for the moment, he just wanted to put the snake down.

Dayquill attempted to use Snap on the Snake... and missed. -7 SP.

Dayquill

40/40 HP
90/100 (-7) SP

Snake
Serpentine Movement is active.
15/15 HP
65/75 SP

Nightpaw
14/20 HP
57/60 SP

ooc: i adjusted your numbers a little to account for the sp day lost hunting and bc he was tier2 at the start of this topic! sorry i didnt mention that ^^;

Last edited by downfive on Sun 24 Jul 2022 - 4:13; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: sticks and stones [C]   sticks and stones [C] EmptySun 24 Jul 2022 - 4:02

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sticks and stones [C]   sticks and stones [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

sticks and stones [C]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Territory :: Snakerocks-
Jump to: