Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

home in good health (open)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6739

home in good health (open) Empty
PostSubject: home in good health (open)   home in good health (open) EmptyWed 25 May 2022 - 13:30

It had been a few days since the climactic final battle, and RiverClan camp was finally clean. All the bloodstains had been meticulously swept over with fresh sand. The scent of decay had been blown away by the warm newleaf breeze blown in by the river. Life was returning to normal. It seemed like the sky had never been so blue, the river never so clear, the sun never so warm as it was now. Still... it took some getting used to. Perchstar had trouble leaving her former deputy duties to Poppyshine; it almost seemed now that she had too much free time. She had patrolled today already, and her friend had stubbornly told her that she wouldn't have another patrol until the evening. "Rest and relax," she had said. But... the concept of relaxing was almost foreign to Perchstar. She had become so used to working down to the bone, using every last moment of daylight in order to benefit her Clan, doing the work of two high ranks at once. But now that the Clan was back to "normal," it felt strange. A good kind of strange, but still strange.

Sighing noiselessly, the gray and white she-cat lay down on the sand, near where it sloped down to the surrounding part of the river. It was sun-warmed, and she felt her pelt heating up. It would be easy for any other cat to give in to their inner laziness... but Perchstar didn't have any. It felt like such a waste to lay around camp, but what else was she to do? Bother her Clanmates? Go swimming? As the minutes crawled on and the sun rose higher in the sky, the new leader found herself-- for perhaps the first time in her life-- bored.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

PostSubject: Re: home in good health (open)   home in good health (open) EmptyThu 26 May 2022 - 14:05

🪨【Brookpaw】🪨

Stretching her limbs following a huge yawn, Brookpaw blinked away the tiredness that was slowly consuming her. There hadn't been much for her to do since the chores she'd been assigned were completed early on with haste.

Said she-cat huffed and shook her short pelt—as if that would shake away the creeping boredom. Her eyes lazily scanned the camp as she tried to spot something to do or even someone to talk to. Anything would do at that point.

It took a while of aimless wandering before she came across a rather... peculiar sight. Peculiar yet interesting. She spotted Perchstar lazing about on the sand near the river bank—at least it seemed like she was trying to relax. It was quite funny seeing such an important figure failing at something that most were experts at the moment they first opened their eyes. Honestly, Brook was the same way. She wasn't good at taking it easy either. She grinned and pushed her paws toward that particular direction. Someone needed to save poor Perchstar from her unfortunate fate. She hadn't really interacted with the new leader either so it was about time she did. It was never too late for an introduction.

Despite how it may seem, Brookpaw did respect her elders. She just didn't show it like everyone else. The moment the young molly reached Perchstar's side, she nudged the leader's side with a paw. "You okay? Did someone put ya up to this? Cause it seems like you're here against your will," she snorted, eyes twinkling with mirth.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan

Last edited by Maagistar on Mon 6 Jun 2022 - 9:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: home in good health (open)   home in good health (open) EmptyFri 27 May 2022 - 15:42

A young voice rippled through the warm air, drawing Perchstar out of her self-induced stupor, along with the nudge of a small paw. It was Brookpaw-- Ashflight's apprentice, if she remembered correctly from the deputy's report the other day. One of Mallowmist's kits. The young she-cat had apparently noticed how uncomfortable the leader was. Sighing slightly-- not at the interruption, but at herself-- Perchstar sat up, shaking bits of sand from her fur. "Is it that obvious?" she asked wryly. A quick glance around camp showed that no one else had noticed her failed attempts at relaxing yet. "For the first time in moons, I technically have nothing to do. It's... strange." Not only did she now have a deputy to share duties with, but the Clans were now-- theoretically-- in a time of relative peace. The prey was running well. There was little to be done other than the daily patrols, which left Perchstar feeling almost lost. "Poppyshine told me to relax, but honestly, I have no clue how to." The apprentice seemed amused... hopefully her opinion of her leader wasn't shattered by the foolish image of her lying uncomfortably on the warm sand.

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: home in good health (open)   home in good health (open) EmptySat 28 May 2022 - 2:00

🪨【Brookpaw】🪨

Grinning once more, the young molly plopped herself down next to the leader. She shrugged. "Well... It's obvious to me cause I'm kinda the same way," she shrugged, grin turning lopsided. She had noticed Perch's gaze roam around the camp but chose not to comment on that, for now. Was Perch a bit nervous to be seen like this? She tilted her head as she listened to Perchstar admit her current dilemma. Perhaps she'll reveal what was truly troubling her.

Brookpaw lifted a paw then suddenly pressed it to Perchstar's shoulder after the older she-cat had finished speaking. "Hey, you don't gotta worry about that. There's lots of stuff you can do! You don't have to "relax" if you don't want to. I don't think Poppy's the type to force ya to do something unless it's, like, super important to the clan or somethin'." The apprentice dropped her paw and craned her head to look up at the sky, eyes twinkling. It was a quirk of hers whenever she was deep in thought. She then looked back over to Perchstar with her head tilted. "But if you're still worried about it, why don't you find your own way of relaxing? Like, it doesn't have to be laying around doing... whatever it was you were doing," she waved a paw at the sand with an amused look, "Maybe taking a walk around the territory is more your thing? If you can't stay still for too long, that's something that helps with that. It'll help clear your head and maybe you can have a bit of fun hunting. You'll still be taking care of the clan but in a... less stressful way. O-Or if you want the clan to get to know you better, you can hang out with the kits and apprentices! You can teach them stuff about the clan and what their lives will be like when they're warriors. We're, like, the future of the clan so it'd be more than great getting to learn some tips from the older cats of the clan, especially from you! Learning stuff from the leader is a lotta kits' dream. Trust me. Oh! You bet I'll be there too! I gotta be there to rescue ya whenever ya need a break from all their questions and adoring faces," she purred as she playfully nudged the other's shoulder. "If that's still not your thing and you want to hang out with someone more your age, there's also the warriors. I'm sure they'd be happy to have you hang out with them once and a while. You guys can go have a hunting competition or have a fun sparring match... I don't know much else than that cause I've barely become an apprentice but I'm sure there are other things you can do with them. Even if all those options sound a bit stressful, they're often used as hobbies some use to unwind and stuff. Guess it's what works for them the best."

Stretching her back a bit, the young she-cat continued on, "Those are only suggestions, anyway. You don't gotta follow them or anythin'. They're also the ones I've seen or heard of. There are a ton of other things to try out. I'm sure there is something out there that suits ya. You just have to try to find it and never give up. But, you can also just tell Poppyshine that you have trouble relaxing and having fun. She'll understand... If she doesn't, she's gonna be answering to me!" A faux serious expression crossed her face for a brief moment before it fell apart and she grinned, "Kidding. But seriously, there's no shame in admitting you can't do somethin'. Nobody will look at ya differently if that's somethin' you're worried about. Just talk to others. You don't know till ya try."

Her expression turned softer. "Nobody's gonna think any less of ya if you pause your leader... stuff for a bit. Everyone needs a break once in a while. You work hard and some time to yourself ain't all that bad. You just gotta find the best way to spend it. I've already told ya everything that came to my mind. That should give ya a nice boost for you to start... If you're wondering what I do, I like to talk with my clanmates and get to know them. It's even easier to do that now that I'm an apprentice. 'S just something that calms me down. I'm a bit of a chatterbox if you couldn't already tell." The brown tabby she-cat chuckled then settled down as she waited for the other to respond.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════

Last edited by Maagistar on Mon 6 Jun 2022 - 9:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: home in good health (open)   home in good health (open) EmptySun 29 May 2022 - 11:06

Ashflight trotted into camp, two small fish and a bird hanging from his jaws.  It had been a successful day of hunting so far, and after he nodded goodbye to the other members of his patrol the older tom grabbed one of the fish and gazed around camp, looking for Perchstar.  Ah, there she is...and there my apprentice is too!  His mate seemed to be chatting with Brookpaw, the young brown tabby engrossed in what seemed to be an engaging conversation.  Whiskers twitching amusedly, Ashflight picked up the other fish he had caught as well and trotted over to join them, dropping one of the fish in front of Brookpaw and the other near Perchstar.  "Hey you two, what are we talking about?  Yes, I'm budging in."  Purring, Ashflight lay down beside his mate and nuzzled her cheek, not able to help the slight flush of his face as he meowed, gesturing to the fish; "Wanna share?"  Most of the clan didn't seem to know about their relationship yet, it wasn't like they made an official announcement, so he was unsure about how lovey Perchstar wanted him to be to her.  He couldn't help it though and placed his tail over hers, head tilting curiously.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: home in good health (open)   home in good health (open) EmptyMon 30 May 2022 - 16:09

Were all RiverClan apprentices this talkative? Beetlepaw, Tinypool, Poppyshine... now Brookpaw. Still, Perchstar couldn't help but smile slightly in amusement at the long list of activities that the young she-cat suggested. They had pretty different ideas on what it meant to relax. But, to be fair, it wasn't like she had much experience in the matter. She used to just go on walks in the territory-- actually, she still did that regularly-- but a lot of the other things Brookpaw mentioned sounded exhausting. Kits in the nursery? A hunting competition? All well and good, but those things took energy. She had to interact with other cats, and be the perfect leader. Going on a walk was probably the better alternative. But was that the only thing that would truly feel restful? Wandering around alone in her free time? It didn't seem like something a leader would do.

All thoughts flew out of her head at the apparition of Ashflight. Her best friend... her mate. His gaze sparkled as always, seeming entertained by Perchstar's attempts to relax, or maybe by his apprentice's antics. His hunting had gone well, it seemed. Unbidden, a rush of warmth rose to her face at the physical closeness they suddenly shared. Though it felt nice... she really was not used to it. But she couldn't say that she disliked it. Her small, amused grin changed to a flustered smile. "W-we were just talking about relaxation," she responded once she regained her voice. "Brookpaw has a lot of ideas... I tend to be bad at relaxing, though. I just never had much time." With a nod of thanks, she accepted Ashflight's offer to share the fish. Would Brookpaw think it was strange that she was so close to the tom? It wasn't like they had gone around talking about their relationship to other cats. It had just happened recently. There was no reason to hide it. In fact, she was sure Poppyshine had probably figured it out by now, if nothing else. She took a small bite of fish, trying to ignore the likely visible blush when a gray fluffy tail swept over her own. "What do you do to relax? I know we take walks sometimes..."

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: home in good health (open)   home in good health (open) EmptyTue 31 May 2022 - 18:23

🪨【Brookpaw】🪨

The young she-cat could tell that she had somewhat overwhelmed Perchstar but she had to give it to her, she was taking all her babbling in stride. Brookpaw kinda expected that. She was the clan's leader, after all. If she couldn't handle an outgoing apprentice then there needs to be a thorough evaluation of Riverclan's leadership.

Opening her maw to speak up again, she was suddenly interrupted by a familiar voice. Her mentor? The apprentice snorted and rolled her eyes at his greeting but then lit up as a nice fish was dropped right in front of her. "Ooo you're now my favorite mentor, Ashflight! Thanks-a-bunch!" she purred, a heavy tone of teasing dripping from her words. She wasted no time bending down and taking a big bite from her meal. However, her eyes never left the scene beside her—her interest peaked more and more as she watched Ash act... more than friendly toward the leader. Huh? When did that happen? A twinkle of... something shone in her eyes. Ohh boy was this fascinating.

Ears swerved as she listened to Perchstar explain their earlier conversation. She decided to butt in, "Yeah, well, my ideas were just that, ideas. I can tell that none of 'em really spoke to ya," she snorted with a shrug, "They all probably sounded overwhelming and I can't say I blame ya. Honestly? I don't know much about relaxing either and only know what others like to do. I also told ya what I like to do so I guess there's that... I'm also doing it right now sooo..." She took another bite of her fish before continuing, "Anyway, enough of that. When were you two gonna tell the others that you're soooo madly in love with each other? Like, it's pretty obvious even a blind kit could tell. I guess the others will find out without ya guys even telling them if ya keep all this cuddly stuff up. Not saying it's a bad thing. I think it's cute and stuff." She chuckled with a shrug then shot them a lopsided smirk. "But seriously, I feel like a congratulation is in order... so congrats! May you two... be together for... many moons? Forever? Is that what they say? I don't know but in other words, just be happy and don't be dumb, ya saps. As your favorite apprentice, Ashflight, and as your best advice-giver, Perchstar, you two better make me the honorary big sister of any kits ya have with each other." She grinned widely at them before lowering herself onto the ground to get more comfortable. She then lazily lifted a paw and waved it, almost dismissively. "Go ahead and keep talking about what you were about to. Don't mind me." She shot them a wink and waggled her brows.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: home in good health (open)   home in good health (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

home in good health (open)
Page 1 of 1