Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Burnet Blues [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Splotch

Splotch

Characters : Sleepycloud, Hopepaw, Lakekit
Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon
Number of posts : 3548

Burnet Blues [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Burnet Blues [Closed]   Burnet Blues [Closed] EmptyTue 17 May 2022 - 17:57

Oh this plan-- this plan was genius. Eggkit would pat herself on the back if she could. But for now--

The black pelted kit melted into the shadows of the cozy den, only her right foot, bright white stood out. She was using this to her advantage of course! The smartest kit in the clan! Eggkit pulled a wad of green basal leaves. Faded purple flowers that had wilted over time stuck out on the ends. Of course, Eggkit couldn't remember what the name was, but she knew it was supposed to give cats strength. One of the expecting queens in the nursery gets some every day. If it makes her stronger, then it must make Eggkit stronger too! Imagine, if she ate this whole bundle, she could be as strong as Stoatstar, with ten lives!

In the kit's excitement, other stores of leaves had fallen from their place. Others were a bit more scattered, as Eggkit had taken some out to look and smell them better. But now, she had the entire store of this herb to herself! The smartest, and the strongest! Then she could beat up those shadow cats the apprentices told her about. Such scary stories. But if they came back, Eggkit would be ready.

Sleepycloud || Hopepaw || Lakekit
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1478

PostSubject: Re: Burnet Blues [Closed]   Burnet Blues [Closed] EmptyWed 18 May 2022 - 5:10

Head filled with thoughts, Fawnshine remained quiet, slowly moving towards the medicine den as she carried new herbs from her most recent herb patrol. But then a shadow caught her off guard. A very small shadow. Fawnshine internally gave a sigh, gently shaking her head as she prepared for the worst. And as she walked in... disaster struck in front of her eyes. "Egg..kit?" A whole so-called 'scenery' laid in front of her eyes. Herbs fell where the young kit could reach, and both the floor — and walls were stained with various colors.

However, there was a more major fact before everything — one that she could get in serious trouble for.

Putting her collected herbs aside, she approached the kit. "Eggkit, please tell me you haven't ate anything," She'd widen her eyes. Her tone grew somewhat more serious, but realizing that such a young kit wouldn't understand, the medicine cat attempted to resolve her concern in a more simplified, playful way. "I mean.. er, well, some herbs will make you weaker instead of strong! And you'd want to grow to become a strong warrior now, don't you? That means that you'll need to be careful next time, Eggkit." She gave an awkward smile, tail flicking as she went over to quickly collect some of the herbs still preserved. "And promise me you'll ask first before you enter, alright?"

Her eyes searched Eggkit for signs if she'd swallowed, or eaten anything — but after a short while of checking, Fawnshine sighed in relief. Good, good. He didn't accidentally eat anything. But now... what was she to do about this mess? Fawnshine dreaded when she'd have to clean it up.

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart

Last edited by Arcana on Thu 19 May 2022 - 16:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Burnet Blues [Closed]   Burnet Blues [Closed] EmptyWed 18 May 2022 - 12:09

Eggkit let out a squeak as Fawnshine materialized at the entrance, the kit looked around for her great escape, but found none. Does she eat these now before Fawnshine could stop her? They didn't taste the best in her mouth already. Why did she expect them to taste good? Eggkit considered this for a moment, before dropping the bundle to the ground. "Not yet!" She explained, sitting down by the greens she had pulled out. "You give these to the queens who haven't had their kits yet! They said it makes them stronger." Of course, Eggkit had taken time to examine and smell the herbs left for them. So, the kit was certain these were the right ones. Well, Maybe. But the purple flowers looked the same!

"Am I right?" She asked with a tilt of her head, hooking one leaf with her claw. "I didn't eat them, but I tasted them when I pulled them out, and they didn't taste super good. Isn't there something that makes you stronger that doesn't taste bad?" The kit reasoned, gaze turning to the catnip nearby. "Those smelled good, but I haven't eaten them because I don't know what they are."

Though, taking a second glance around the den, leaves seemed much more scattered than they were before. "Oh, I made a mess. I'm sorry." The kit didn't even realize how much she talked.

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Burnet Blues [Closed]   Burnet Blues [Closed] EmptyThu 19 May 2022 - 6:03

So that's why he was in here the first place.

With a small shake of her head, Fawnshine made up a more composed appearance, explaining the herb's purposes for the kit. "Some certain herbs are for specific purposes, Eggkit. For example, take burnet — the one you're holding right now. It's good for queens because the herb has its own special effects on them that give them strength. If you ate them now, they wouldn't be so effective," She'd flick her tail. "There are other herbs that specifically give you strength, but those are saved for warriors and apprentices going on far walks, like to the moonstone. We wouldn't want to waste them now, do we?"

"There is," She nodded, "But those will have to wait for when you're a bit older." Once again looking around, her tail and ears lowered — setting herself down. "It's alright, you were curious." Well, it wasn't really fine, but she couldn't expect as much help from a young cat. However, an idea sparked in her mind. It was a chance she couldn't miss, even if Eggkit were more interested in warrior duties. "How about you repay me when you're a bit older? A herb patrol should be just fine. I'll even teach you some herbs if you're interested."

Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Taurus Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Burnet Blues [Closed]   Burnet Blues [Closed] EmptyThu 19 May 2022 - 12:49

Eggkit, despite herself, listened closely. Not as effective if she wasn't a queen. Got it! Trips to the Moonstones? That seemed interesting! Eggkit hadn't even been out of camp before, but the thought of it was rather exciting. The kit was about to ask more questions when she saw Fawnshine's trail drop. Eggkit really had made a mess, hadn't she? The kit ducked her head and poked at the herbs with a paw, uncertain. Though, the medicine cat's words perked Eggkit's attention. "Really?" She chirped, leaping to her feet. "That would be really really exciting! Thank you!"

She rushed to the medicine cat's side and eagerly leaped up to touch Fawnshine's shoulder with her paw. "But why wait? Can we go now? I can help you find more! And care more back! Maybe we can find a new herb! And then name it after you!" Fawn! The herb. Eggkit would suggest herself, but eggs already exist. It would be silly to name something an egg. And, Eggkit hadn't seen a fawn before. Maybe they didn't exist. "Oh! Then I can help you organize them and put everything away. Then we can put the fawn herb somewhere cool so everyone knows!" She did a little dance, wiggling in excitement before jumping towards the burnet and putting the bundle in her mouth. With confidence, she placed it back where she found it.

"And then! Then we will find the cure to everything! And no one will ever die!" She turned towards Fawnshine with a brilliant grin. Totally confident in her plan. It was definitely well thought out, and nothing could go wrong...ever. Sure. Maybe.

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Burnet Blues [Closed]   Burnet Blues [Closed] EmptyFri 20 May 2022 - 5:21

Huh. Eggkit's anticipation of herbs piqued her interests, but maybe that was just because she was still young. She'd have plenty of time to decide which direction she wanted to go when she was older, just as how Fawnshine had chosen to follow the path of a medicine cat before. However, the molly flinched as the young she-kit rushed to her side, leaping up to her shoulder. She let out a half-chuckle, awkwardly. "Kits are forbidden to go outside camp until the age of six moons, Eggkit. You'll have to wait a bit longer."

She listened as Eggkit continued, her enthusiasm shining brightly each time she spoke. It reminded her of when she was still little, and feelings stirred up for a while... just for a small while. "That's a very rare situation. Basilbloom, ShadowClan's medicine cat, had only gathered a few cats from each clan, including our own, as she'd received a prophecy of a new herb, now known to us as the Coneflower. A chance of it happening now would be a miracle." She had an idea of what her name meant, and how interesting it'd be to have a herb named after her... but that was an impossible task. One that she would never find out of until StarClan would send her a prophecy just like that, too. If only. "I'll appreciate you being able to assist me in putting away the herbs you can now," She nodded, mewing as Eggkit did a silly motion — then placed the herb back to its original spot.

Fawnshine wanted to comment, but her maw froze. The cure to everything. If only. "If only a medicine cat's duties were so easy," She'd mutter, the faintest of sounds escaping her throat, "No such struggles and hardships anymore." And no one will ever die. Her throat tightened. The kit was such an innocent soul. One that couldn't possibly understand it yet — yet somehow, she found both jealousy, and admiration for her. If things were so easy, everything would've been simpler. Comfreypaw wouldn't have had to suffer so much seeing Morningsun's death.

I'd have the same trust Basilbloom was able to achieve from others.

For a moment, the silence seemed to drag on forever, her eyes growing cold. But she snapped out of it. With the softest smile she could plaster, Fawnshine nodded, slowly. "I hope so too, Eggkit."

Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Taurus Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Burnet Blues [Closed]   Burnet Blues [Closed] EmptyFri 20 May 2022 - 9:59

It took concentration from Eggkit, a lot of it. The kit's mouth seemed perpetually open as she sniffed the herbs, then sought out their proper location. One leaf smelled tangy, while another was very earthy. Others were roots and flowers. Some of them smelled the same, so the kit took time to compare. One leaf had spiker edges than the other. Made sense! A few times, she got confused and asked for help. But slowly, and surely, Eggkit cleaned up her mess. Tail twitching in interest, she looked back at her handiwork.

The piles looked like a kit put them together. Because, well, a kit put them together. But! The herbs were replaced to their rightful spots in the den. Well, most of them, she hoped. Eggkit was sure she probably got a few wrong. Oddly enough..."...I wanna do that again!" She mewed, gaze turning towards the herbs that Fawnshine brought in. "Can I put those away for you?" She mewed, green eyes bright with excitement. More organizing! It was fun to see everything neatly put away. Much more walk room. With an excited bounce, Eggkit jumped to Fawnshine's side, tail out like a stick as she inspected the bundle with her small black nose.

"Oh no! It's stinky!" She cried, laughter bubbling out of the kit like a brook.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burnet Blues [Closed]   Burnet Blues [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Burnet Blues [Closed]
Page 1 of 1