Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Rolling in the Deep [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2246

Rolling in the Deep [c] Empty
PostSubject: Rolling in the Deep [c]   Rolling in the Deep [c] EmptyFri 1 Apr 2022 - 21:59

Aether's presence in SkyClan had been.....questioned a lot, so to speak. And to be honest, it was wearing him thin, the answer always the same, the reactions always different. It was an everchanging pattern, but a pattern all the same. And today he just wanted a break. Being Morningstar's son had its advantages in that department, since he himself did not need to be watched by the dark forest cats. He was free to take a walk, all on his own, without anybody staring his back down.

And walk he did. He walked as far as he could, until he couldn't walk anymore....

And then he swam.

Yeah, falling into the river was a bit of a rude awakening, to say the least. He was so lost in thought, he wasn't paying attention, somehow didn't even register the sound of rushing water. He heard it, of course, it just didn't click in his head.

He managed to grasp on to a rock, climbing up on to it's slippery surface, as he hung on for dear life. Well this was certainly fun.

Rolling in the Deep [c] SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2969

PostSubject: Re: Rolling in the Deep [c]   Rolling in the Deep [c] EmptyFri 1 Apr 2022 - 22:12

Poppypaw

Poppypaw rarely went out on her own anymore, but something almost called her to do so today. It was probably the nightmare she’d had last night. She’d dreamt of the river, and how terrified she was when she fell in. It was a memory that clung to her like burs tangled in her fur. The fear was starting to become annoying the more time passed. She wanted to prove that she was a true RiverClan cat who could swim! That was probably why she found herself walking along the bank of the river now, but she couldn’t bring herself to step into the water. The sound of the water roared in her ears and she thought she could hear herself falling in and splashing around-

Wait. That’s an actual splash.

She hurried down the river, trying to find the source of the splash, when she spotted the head of a cat bobbing in the current and scarcely hanging onto one of the rocks. Her heart skipped a beat in fear and she sprinted over. “Hang on!” she called. When she arrived, she helped grasp his scruff and haul him all the way up onto the rock. It was all over in a matter of seconds, but Poppypaw’s body trembled in a mixture of fear for the cat who had fallen in and terror of reliving her own memories. She quickly backed away several paces to get away from the edge of the river and coaxed him with her. “Are you alright?”

Now that he was out of the water and she could get a good look at him, Poppypaw was struck with how strange his color pattern was. She almost would have mistaken him for a raccoon with the way the dark fur striped across his face and his tail ran with stripes. The second thing she realized was that he didn’t smell like RiverClan, nor like ThunderClan. There were faint traces of…SkyClan, was it? SkyClan on his person. But even that wasn’t very strong.

“Who are you?” she asked, tilting her head. She should be chasing him out of RiverClan territory, but the poor cat had just had the fright of his life in the river. Besides, Poppypaw didn’t have it in her to truly chase anyone away. She wasn’t frightening.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Rolling in the Deep [c]   Rolling in the Deep [c] EmptyFri 1 Apr 2022 - 22:40

In Aether's experiences with Clan cats, he had learned that almost all of them were selfish cats who cared only for their own group. But as with any rule, there were exceptions. 

And this was quite the exception. 

Even when Clan cats had aided him in the past, it was to their own benefit. But this calico had just jumped into the river after him, risking her own life, as she hauled him up onto the rock he had been clinging to. Now relatively safe, Aether let himself collapse in front of the she cat, catching his breath. Sure, it wasn't safe to show such weakness in front of a possible enemy, but come on, if she wanted to hurt him, she would have let him drown. 

Once he was able to actually speak, he nodded to the She-cat. "Yeah. Yeah, I think I'll be ok. At least I didn't do that during leafbare, heh. Thanks for that, by the way. A lot of cats would have just left me there."

He gave the molly a grin, a goofy look on his face, as he took her in. She actually didn't seem that far from his age, shockingly, and yet she still had a bit of innocence to her, by the looks of it. It was actually quiet endearing, and obviously she had a kinder heart than some other cats. She wasn't even acting hostile, even though he could assume this was her territory. That was definitely a first. 

She asked who he was, of course, and Aether decided since she was pleasant, he would make his introduction fun. 

"Aether, at your service! Please, hold the cheering. And what should I call the brave she cat who saved my life?"

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rolling in the Deep [c]   Rolling in the Deep [c] EmptyFri 1 Apr 2022 - 22:50

Poppypaw

Poppypaw sat down when he let himself fall to the ground to catch his breath. She licked at some of the wet spots on her fur. Normally she would do the same to assist a fellow cat, but with how little she knew about him—and her not-so-great experiences with cats outside of her clan before—she didn’t want to be quite so forward as she was with her RiverClan cats.

She frowned when he said that other cats would have let him there. “Any cat who would have left you is cruel,” she meowed. “I promise that not all cats are so cruel, even if the meaner ones might be who come to mind first.” He must have had bad experiences with others if that was his first thought. Poppypaw had only recently encountered true cruelty from other cats. It was easy to understand how such cruelty could lead to such a warped view.

When he introduced himself in full, Poppypaw found herself giggling. He was so full of showmanship! After having so many cats back at camp wearing haunted expressions or be full of lethargy, his energy was quite welcome.

“I’m Poppypaw of RiverClan,” she replied warmly, giving him a smile.

With her introductions out of the way, his name intrigued her. He had no suffix, and she’d never heard of a word called ‘aether’ before. Her mind went back to Moon, another cat with no suffix. He’d been a part of RiverClan and then left, being taken in by Twolegs for a time. Was Aether like that too?

“Where did you get your name?” she asked curiously. “I’ve never heard something like it before.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Rolling in the Deep [c]   Rolling in the Deep [c] EmptyFri 1 Apr 2022 - 23:38

"Yeah, sadly not every cat can be as nice as you. Had I not been here to see kindness first hand, I might have even thought you were lying." Chuckling, he sat up, beginning to groom his own fur. She introduced herself as Poppypaw, from RiverClan. He found himself remembering Bearspirit, whom he had found to be a decent enough cat, even if they had fought. So RiverClan was hoarding all the good cats then. 

Although when she asked him about his name, he found that he was drawing a blank. "Aether? I think it was just a name my Ma and Pa made up. They liked names that started with A for some reason, even if neither of theirs did. It's weird. But I like it. There will never be another Aether, so I get the name all to myself! And it will always be the same name, no constant changing. I heard one cat talking about what his name would be, and I couldn't imagine constantly having a new name. How do you keep track?"

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rolling in the Deep [c]   Rolling in the Deep [c] EmptyFri 1 Apr 2022 - 23:46

Poppypaw

“Oh, I think the naming system is quite useful. You can always know how you stand with other cats,” she explained. “And names are a matter of pride. I can see why having a single name would be useful, but earning a new name shows that you are putting effort into your clan, and they are acknowledging your efforts.” Her heart swelled and she puffed out her chest a bit. “I’m going to be earning my warrior name soon enough. I don’t know what it will be, but I’ll be happy to shed the -paw title.”

Poppypaw relaxed again and tilted her head. “You…aren’t from a clan, are you?” she meowed. If he had been from a clan, then he would understand the importance of the naming conventions. He found them weird and was happy to not be a part of them. She was vaguely aware of loner cats that existed in certain areas of the forest, as well as kittypets and even cats of the rogue organization that Morningstar was a part of. This cat didn’t smell like the Twolegs, so a kittypet was likely off the table. It didn’t seriously occur to her that he would actually be involved with Morningstar and the other rogues, though. They were cruel and had brought monsters into the forest; this cat seemed kind and happy and so unlike those that invaded the Gathering.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Rolling in the Deep [c]   Rolling in the Deep [c] EmptyFri 1 Apr 2022 - 23:59

"You need a name to know you are doing good?" Aether tilted his head, genuinely confused. "Can't your Clan just tell you that you're doing good? And why only get limited praise? I mean, you only get a new name how many times? And then what? Do they just not recognize you anymore? I think you deserve more recognition than that, you're a pretty awesome cat!"

Although she seemed pretty happy that she was going to be getting a new name, and Aether didn't want to take that away from her. It was nice, seeing her happy. Even in the Forgotten Order, not many cats were truly happy. Not since Apollo....

Poppypaw spoke again, thankfully, before Aether could lament on just how much he actually missed his annoying brother. "No, I'm not from a Clan. That is why I was shocked you helped me. Most cats just worry about their own group."

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rolling in the Deep [c]   Rolling in the Deep [c] EmptySat 2 Apr 2022 - 21:35

Poppypaw

As much as Poppypaw wanted to argue, that fact at least was true. “I suppose you’re right about that,” she admitted softly. “Your own clan does come first. I understand why. But that doesn’t mean that cats can’t still get along with others. And it certainly doesn’t mean a cat should ignore another that’s in trouble.”

She gave him a smile and asked, “If you aren’t from a Clan, then where are you from? I’ve heard there are loner cats that live out near the Twoleg place. Are you one of those?” She sniffed again and tilted her head. “But you do smell a little of SkyClan.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP