Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Turbulent [C]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2600

Turbulent [C] Empty
PostSubject: Turbulent [C]   Turbulent [C] EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 14:09

"Sorry to drag you out here. I am sure this is... less than ideal." The words rattled past Webshadow's teeth as he drew to a halt. The mud was deep here, half-frozen and half-slush; it clung to his legs, making his fur feel sticky and sending shivers up his limbs. Despite the poor season, he was grateful to be out in the territory again; he still ached, but it was nice to stretch his muscles, to feel like a proper warrior. His breath billowed in front of him as he turned to regard Deerpaw.

"I thought sparring may be a good idea. It will be useful, for future warriors to understand how better to fight." Gravity laced his words, and his usual neutral expression stretched into a tight frown. "I brought you here specifically because of the difficult terrain. It will be good practice. How does that sound?"
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardpaw, [C]reamkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Apprentice [C]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3310

Turbulent [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbulent [C]   Turbulent [C] EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 4:42

Deerpaw was quite surprised when Swiftheart handed her over to Webshadow for training. she had never interacted with the senior warrior. Would he think I was some rouge-trained apprentice? I still can't get the dodge and fight move right! the fur along her spine began to bristle slightly in panic. taking deep breaths, she nodded and crouched down at the far end of the marsh.

pushing with her hindpaws, she leapt high into the air and slammed her paws into the older tom's side, brawling him over with her speed. she had to rely on speed, since she had barely any strength. Deerpaw knew from the start that this was a fight she would not win, but if she could just hold and survive, in a real scenario, more help would come. so instead of attacking, she planned to dodge and drain the tom's energy. all she had to do was stand her ground.

Deerpaw used Jumping Strike, dealing 6(+3)dmg and -7SP

Deerpaw
20/20 HP
53/60 SP (-7)

Webshadow
61/70 HP (-6-3)
160/160 SP

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T4 Warrior / #802318
Juniperpaw / She-Cat / ShadowClan Apprentice / #B9ABB2
Leopardpaw / Tom / WindClan Apprentice / #cc9900
Creamkit / She-Cat / WindClan Kit / #ff6600

Art Requests | Character Profiles | Plotting
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse

Turbulent [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbulent [C]   Turbulent [C] EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 3:27

ooc: night finesse is active too!

Wordlessly, Deerpaw shot forward, crashing into Webshadow's bad side and sending the tom sprawling against the thin ice. A small hiss left him, but when he spoke, he sounded pleased: "Good job, Deerpaw. I was not expecting that." For a heartbeat, he remained stretched out there, unmoving except for the gentle rise and fall of his flank with his breaths. Then, suddenly shocked with energy, he twisted himself to press a foreleg into the slurry of mud and half-thawed ice.

"But do not forget, your terrain will often do you favors. Especially when fighting against those that do not know it as well as we." With that, the dark tabby unceremoniously jerked his leg forward, sending a spray of mud into Deerpaw's face, staining her pale coat.

Webshadow used Mud Slap, dealing 8 (7+1) damage and costing 10 SP. Deerpaw is stunned for one turn.

Webshadow

60/70 HP | 150/160 (-10) SP

Deerpaw
Stunned for one turn!

12/20 (-8) HP | 53/60 SP
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardpaw, [C]reamkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Apprentice [C]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger

Turbulent [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbulent [C]   Turbulent [C] EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 4:31

she yelped as mud stained her vision, and she stumbled back. the spot she reached was not as frozen or solid as before, and Deerpaw realized too late that she was sinking slowly into the mud. despite having a short and sleek coat, the mud stuck to her like cobwebs and dragged her down. the apprenticed tried kicking with her paws against the mud but could hardly manage without the mud that secured her eyes shut.

Webshadow
60/70 HP | 150/160 SP

Deerpaw
Stunned for one turn!
12/20 HP | 53/60 SP

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2912

Turbulent [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbulent [C]   Turbulent [C] EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 23:02

Swiftheart watched from a distance away, the training exercise was meant to teach Deerpaw not to give up early in a fight just because the odds looked stacked against her at first, and she was doing well doing her best to hold her ground.

however, the more experienced warrior was gaining ground quickly and his experience clearly showed in the progression of the spar, this would not last long without intervention, she wanted to reinforce the idea of the lesson of holding until help could come, seeing as how Deerpaw was holding decently well now was appropriate she figured.

One on One she knew she could not defeat Webshadow either, he was a senior warrior and a very strong and capable fighter, the 2 vs 1 would give him a challenge and good practice as well. It would also force Deerpaw and her to work as a cordinated team if they wanted to have a shot at taking him down. Since neither one of them could do it alone

She waited for a good moment she grinned spotting one.  Webshadow had been focused solely on Deerpaw and the moment he splashed mucky goo and mud at her he had not been watching his flank as his focus was at aiming the muck at her poor apprentice... who was now covered in the filth, well that was one way to teach them she grinned giggling a little.

she ran to his flank and hit him on the side with an outstretched paw, no claws were used as this was just a friendly spar and to keep them all fresh on battle practice.

Good job holding your ground and not backing down Deerpaw! help is here, ...

she grinned at webshadow playing

... and webshadow... shouldn't you pick on someone your own size? she giggled teasing him just a little in a friendly loving way though, not a mean tone.  A tone that kittens might use when play wresting type of teasing (to clarify)

swiftheart used Front Paw Blow 7 dmg 5 sp

Webshadow
53/70 HP | 150/160 SP

Deerpaw
Stunned for one turn!
12/20 HP | 53/60 SP

Swiftheart
50/50 HP | 115/120 SP

Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

Turbulent [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbulent [C]   Turbulent [C] EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 4:04

When the mud hit her, Deerpaw fumbled, and Webshadow's body went taut with panic. He was halfway to his paws, ready to drop the spar and scruff the poor thing, help her out of the sinking marshland, when the sound of galloping pawsteps erupted from the foliage. A blow caught his flank, and his hind legs stumbled; but it was only Swiftheart, and though he didn't smile back, his eyes glittered with mirth.

"Well, you are about my size, are you not?" He countered, looking her up and down before turning his attention back towards Deerpaw. The poor thing still floundered against the pulling mud; guilt twisted in his chest. Despite Swiftheart's appearance, he couldn't just leave her. Well, I could make this a... teachable moment, too. His eyes narrowed with thought as he steadied himself on his paws, then he dropped his head and lunged forward, colliding gracelessly with Deerpaw's flank. It wasn't hard enough to send her sprawling– and certainly not as hard as that rogue had hit him, he thought a bit bitterly –but hard enough to knock her back onto her paws. It was unconventional, but hopefully, it would work.

A quick look to see if his idea had worked, then his focus was back on Swiftheart. Even by his own Clanmates, a strong feelings of nerves made his fur rise at the thought of being circled, swung on and bitten at from every angle. "Now. I'm ready for you."

Webshadow used Headbutt on Deerpaw and Switching Focus, dealing 8 (7+1) damage and costing 10(5+5) SP.
Deerpaw is no longer stunned!

Webshadow

53/70 HP | 140/160 (-10) SP

Deerpaw
4/20 (-8) HP | 53/60

Swiftheart
50/50 HP | 115/120 SP

Last edited by downfive on Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 4:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

Turbulent [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbulent [C]   Turbulent [C] EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 4:41

Deerpaw felt the whoosh of the air right as she managed to get a leg out of the mud. the impact send the rest of her body out of the mud with a large popping sound. she hissed as Webshadow turned his attention to her mentor. who did he think he was, attacking Swiftheart? with a screech, she leaped and landed on the tom, pinning him down and shoving his face into the mud. that's what you get!

Deerpaw used Leap and Hold, dealing -6 (+1)dmg and -15SP

Webshadow pinned for one turn
46/70 (-7) HP | 140/160 SP

Deerpaw
4/20 HP | 38/60 (-15) SP

Swiftheart
50/50 HP | 115/120 SP

Last edited by Copperbeans on Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 4:51; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15184

Turbulent [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbulent [C]   Turbulent [C] EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 4:41

The member 'Copperbeans' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

Turbulent [C] Mistpe10
Turbulent [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

Turbulent [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbulent [C]   Turbulent [C] EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 4:47

quick ooc to say my sleepy brain forgot the night finesse boost, my post has been updated to reflect that change!

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

Turbulent [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbulent [C]   Turbulent [C] EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 4:23

downfive wrote:
quick ooc to say my sleepy brain forgot the night finesse boost, my post has been updated to reflect that change!

my brain made me use leap and pin even when webshadow could use duck and twist and no matter if he is successful it's about over for Deerpaw. can i change the post???

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

Turbulent [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbulent [C]   Turbulent [C] EmptySat 19 Feb 2022 - 3:22

unfortunately no because changing moves is a little weightier than readjusting damage; i can explain more in dms if you need! web is also focused on swiftheart currently and will return to her once he's no longer pinned. ^^;

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2912

Turbulent [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbulent [C]   Turbulent [C] EmptySat 19 Feb 2022 - 7:43

Swiftheart giggled keeping it fun and light while also getting the practice in. hmm I supose you are right... I'm still glad I have deerpaw on my team I would lose in a 1v1 against you she praised webshadow.

Just as she said this, Deerpaw leapt onto webshadow pinning him, grinning she took the opportunity and ran over to him giving him a playful smack with her front paws, she was extra careful to not use any claws (its why im using front paw blow the description says no claws with it)

swiftheart used Front Paw Blow 7 dmg (+1) for night passive 5 sp

Webshadow pinned for one turn
38/70 (-8) HP | 140/160 SP

Deerpaw
4/20 HP | 38/60

Swiftheart
50/50 HP | 110/120 SP (-5) sp

Turbulent [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbulent [C]   Turbulent [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Turbulent [C]
Page 1 of 1