Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 18:25

(OCC: This topic takes place before Basilbloom leaves for her journey, so that means it takes place before the SC vs Forgotten Order battle)

So many apprentices lately had been deemed worthy in their training, and it was Basilbloom's joy to help them with the next step to becoming warriors.  Humming as she gathered up the proper herbs, the small tortoiseshell medicine cat tucked a chamomile flower behind her ear and stepped out into the clearing, gazing up at the bright moon above.  Wasting no time, she trotted across camp and ducked her head into the apprentice's den, calling for the chosen apprentice.  "Sootpaw, it's time to go my friend!"  Once the dark-furred tom emerged, she smiled and pushed the small pile of herbs towards him.  "Here, these are traveling herbs.  They'll help keep your strength up and your hunger at bay.'

Back to top Go down
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Characters : [♠] ✞ Scorchtalon (W), [♞] ✞ Sootwhisker (SC), [♥] ✞ Sagepaw (W), [♣] Plumleaf (SKC), [♛] Beetleshade (T), [♚] Applespark (SC), [♜] Mudshriek (WC), [T]Tinyshadow (RC), [I]Irispaw (TC), [R]Rainpaw (WC), [S]Spider (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : [♠] ✞ Windclan (T5 Warrior), [♞] ✞ Shadowclan (T3 Warrior), [♥] ✞ Windclan (App), [♣] Skyclan (Tier 2 Hybrid Medicine Cat), [♛] Thunderclan (T5 Warrior), [♚] Shadowclan (T1 Warrior) [♜] Windclan (T2 Warrior), [T] Riverclan (T1 Warrior)
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 651

PostSubject: Re: Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 3 Feb 2022 - 7:03

Sootpaw woke up, stumbling blearily out of the apprentices den when his name was called. His exhaustion disappeared when he realized the reason he had been summoned. The Moonstone! He'd heard many things about it from other cats, but he'd been waiting for the day he would get to see it for himself. He had to admit he was a bit nervous to meet his warrior ancestors.

He quickly gulped down the herbs, cringing at the bitter taste. He wanted to complain, but he figured the medicine cat had dealt with enough complaints about the flavor of the herbs. Not that she could change it anyways.

"I'm ready!" He called as he finished, his eyes gleaming with anticipation.

plotting pages | character profiles
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 3 Feb 2022 - 11:12

Basilbloom purred to herself at the sight of the tom's excitement, the way he gobbled down the herbs without complaint, and the familiar shine in his eyes reminded her once more of how much she loved her role in the clan.  StarClan, she would miss being around her clanmates while she was on her trip...  "Good!  Follow me, and make sure to pace yourself.  It's a long walk."  Padding out of camp and into the frozen marshes beyond, Basilbloom took a few deep breaths to prepare for the journey; despite enjoying this part of her job, her weak heart certainly did not.

The moon's position in the sky had begun to dip by the time Basilbloom and Sootpaw reached Mothermouth, the pitch-black tunnel casting its usual foreboding aura.  However, after a short rest for both of them, Basilbloom beckoned the tom forward and meowed in a low voice.  "It's very hard to see in the tunnel, so walk close to me.  I'll keep my tail-tip on your shoulder to guide you, but as long as you stay calm it's only a short walk."  With that, she extended her tail and rested it on Sootpaw's shoulder as they entered Mothermouth, its damp, musty scent filling her nose.  Falling into the familiar path, the tortoiseshell medicine cat walked confidently until light returned to her eyes and they emerged into the Moonstone cavern, the stone's vivid light bathing both of their dark pelts silver.  Turning back, she smiled at Sootpaw and gestured to the Moonstone before them.  "Lay beside the stone and touch your nose to its surface.  StarClan will bring you to sleep, and it's then that you'll speak with them.  Good luck Sootpaw."  Touching her nose supportively to his cheek, the tired medicine laid down among the stones to wait.

Back to top Go down
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Characters : [♠] ✞ Scorchtalon (W), [♞] ✞ Sootwhisker (SC), [♥] ✞ Sagepaw (W), [♣] Plumleaf (SKC), [♛] Beetleshade (T), [♚] Applespark (SC), [♜] Mudshriek (WC), [T]Tinyshadow (RC), [I]Irispaw (TC), [R]Rainpaw (WC), [S]Spider (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : [♠] ✞ Windclan (T5 Warrior), [♞] ✞ Shadowclan (T3 Warrior), [♥] ✞ Windclan (App), [♣] Skyclan (Tier 2 Hybrid Medicine Cat), [♛] Thunderclan (T5 Warrior), [♚] Shadowclan (T1 Warrior) [♜] Windclan (T2 Warrior), [T] Riverclan (T1 Warrior)
Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 3 Feb 2022 - 15:19

Sootpaw took a deep breath, laying beside the rock and touching his nose lightly to its surface. He wasn't sure what he'd find when he opened his eyes, but he was ready.

plotting pages | character profiles
Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Characters : *Dustcloud {D}, *Blazeflight {B}, *Silentstrike {Sil}, *Gustpuddle {G}, *Swiftflight {Sw}, *Fennelpaw {Fn}, *Jaysong {Ja}, *Fallowlight {Fa}, *Fern {Fe}, *Brackenberry {Br}, *Ivystar {Iv}, *Specklekit {Sp}, *Beanheart {Be}, *Freckleface {Fr}, Briarthorn {Br}, *Eris {E}, *Hyacinthia {Hy}, *Otterdance {Ot}, Nightbird {Ni}, *Olivepaw {Ol}, Smudgekit {Sm}
Clan/Rank : Tier Five SkyClan Warrior {Br}, Tier Two SkyClan Warrior {Ni}, WindClan Kit {Sm}
Leo Monkey
Number of posts : 4841

PostSubject: Re: Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 17:14

Small frame decorated in twinkling stars, Freckleface sat waiting as patiently as her little paws would allow. This would be her bery first conversation with an apprentice, and she couldn’t possibly be more excited! She’d be able to do this for moons- giving advice and helping young minds onto the right path. When little Sootpaw finally awoke, Freckleface bounced excitedly on her haunches. ”Hello! My name’s Freckleface, a ShadowClan warrior when I was in my prime! I’m so excited to see you here!” She mewed, eyes shining brightly.

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

| Briarthorn | Nightbird | Smudgepaw |
| T5 SkC Warrior | T2 SkC Warrior | WC Apprentice |
Back to top Go down
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 7:49

Sootpaw's eyes widened as they landed on the stardusted cat in front of him. Starclan really came to see him? Even though he was the son of a traitor?

If he had to be honest, he hadn't had high hopes for his moonstone journey, but he had been determined not to let that stop him from becoming a warrior and serving his clan. Now, face to face with one of his ancestors, he found himself at a loss for words.

"Err... Um... Hello?" It came out sounding more like a question than a greeting, and he wanted to kick himself for sounding so nervous. Get it together mouse-brain!

Clearing his throat, he tried again. "Hello Freckleface, it's nice to meet you. Honestly..." He hesitated, his words caught in his throat.

"I wanted to ask... am I really destined to become a warrior? Maybe... maybe my parents left because they knew I would never be good enough. I've heard you can see every cats destiny, do you think I'll ever be as good as Frostgaze and Nightstalker and the other senior warriors?"
Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Characters : *Dustcloud {D}, *Blazeflight {B}, *Silentstrike {Sil}, *Gustpuddle {G}, *Swiftflight {Sw}, *Fennelpaw {Fn}, *Jaysong {Ja}, *Fallowlight {Fa}, *Fern {Fe}, *Brackenberry {Br}, *Ivystar {Iv}, *Specklekit {Sp}, *Beanheart {Be}, *Freckleface {Fr}, Briarthorn {Br}, *Eris {E}, *Hyacinthia {Hy}, *Otterdance {Ot}, Nightbird {Ni}, *Olivepaw {Ol}, Smudgekit {Sm}
Clan/Rank : Tier Five SkyClan Warrior {Br}, Tier Two SkyClan Warrior {Ni}, WindClan Kit {Sm}
Leo Monkey
Number of posts : 4841

PostSubject: Re: Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 10:26

Freckleface’s smile grew as Sootpaw greeted her back, nodding along and murmuring, ”Lovely to finally meet you too, Sootpaw!” She offered him an encouraging nod and a gentle tail on his shoulder as a sign of support, listening intently as he went on. ”Of course you are destined to become a warrior, if that’s what you’ve got your heart set on, Sootpaw! Your parents have very little to do with your success, that’s in your own paws, and nobody else’s.” Freckleface thiught back to when she was only an apprentice, how her mother had left and her father had horrible intentions. ”I try not to give myself too much credit, you know, but I like to think I was a rather successful warrior. I raised kits, and provided for my Clan. I did my best, and I served my Clan well. What you might not expect, though, is that I have a very similar backstory to you. My mother, Cardinalcry, left the Clan before I could even finish my training. My father… My father made some horrible decisions, did some very bad things. It cost the Clan greatly, and we never saw him after that. It was…” Freckleface shivered, thinking back on those times. He was horrible. But despite that, I went through my training, and I did as I was supposed to. I didn’t let things I couldn’t control get in my way, Sootpaw, and neither should you. I can’t see your destiny, because you haven’t written it yet. But what I can see is your potential, and it shines brighter than the biggest star.”

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

| Briarthorn | Nightbird | Smudgepaw |
| T5 SkC Warrior | T2 SkC Warrior | WC Apprentice |
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey   Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Sootpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1