Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Continuing Training

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2912

Continuing Training Empty
PostSubject: Continuing Training   Continuing Training EmptyThu 27 Jan 2022 - 5:28

Swiftheart poked her head into the apprentice den.  It had been awhile after the battle (keeping it vauge for timelines sake XD)

She felt alot better now that her wounds had healed up a bit but was still a little stiff she had been cooped up in camp and knew her apprentice had been working hard to help the clan recover from such a defeat.  

Deerpaw I wanted to thank you for all you have done for this clan while a majority of us were injured you really stepped up with hunting and followed Murkystar's orders from the gathering so well. she praised her apprentice

Now that things are getting somewhat closer to normal I think it would be good if we kept your battle skills sharp.  I think it would be good to get out of camp for a little while. she flicked her tail for her apprentice to follow.

OOC: (Given the current state of shadowclan no group may be smaller than 4 cats when out and about.  I asked Murkystar about this and they said it is okay to bring along npc's to meet this req)

There were 2 other warriors accomening (npc) them on there jorney to the sparring practice area, they would not really be involved but would be around in case of an attack.

When they got to the sparring place Swiftheart spun suddenly facing her apprentice.

In battle you have to be willing to make the first move as it can give you a big advantage. I want you to strike me first. Now I know that you are alot younger than me and have had less time to train but that is how it is sometimes in the real world as well.  When I fought against the rogues I was way outmatched... alot of us were.  But we did not let that stop us from trying. she explained.

She crouched into a defensive stance.

Now, attack me! she instructed.

(I will be using disadvantaged penalty this spar since Swiftheart is still stiff from last battle ... it also helps keep it somewhat more even ish even thought I still have alot more)

Swiftheart
35/40 hp (-5 disadvantage)
70/100 sp (-30 disadvantage)

Deerpaw
20/20 hp
60/60 sp

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardpaw, [C]reamkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Apprentice [C]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3297

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Training   Continuing Training EmptyFri 28 Jan 2022 - 0:48

Deerpaw purred at her mentor's compliments. it was nothing, really. she should have been at the battle, but since she wasn't she could do nothing but her best to help the clan get back its bearings. watching her mentor crouch down, the she-cat was delighted to find a soft spot on her mentor's paws that could easily unbalance the warrior. she leaped through the air and brought her paws down, sheathed of course.

Deerpaw used Jumping Strike, dealing 6 (+3) dmg and -7SP

Swiftheart
26/40 hp (-9)
70/100 sp

Deerpaw
20/20 hp
53/60 sp (-7)

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T4 Warrior / #802318
Juniperpaw / She-Cat / ShadowClan Apprentice / #B9ABB2
Leopardpaw / Tom / WindClan Apprentice / #cc9900
Creamkit / She-Cat / WindClan Kit / #ff6600

Art Requests | Character Profiles | Plotting
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Training   Continuing Training EmptyFri 28 Jan 2022 - 6:35

Swiftheart got hit and unbalanced by the move she had done very well. She nodded "Excellent"

Swiftheart was looking for an opening, seeing it she swatted back at Deerpaw with a sheathed paw, hitting her on the head bonk

Swiftheart used front paw blow, dealing 6 damage and costing 5 stamina

When facing an opponent and you feel outmatched remember to try and pin or stun them. Also dont forget to dodge any heavy attack they through at you! she instructed

If you feel you are really outmatched you can always play risky and try and belly rake them but only do that in desperate situations she added on

Swiftheart
26/40 hp
65/100 sp(-5)

Deerpaw
14/20 hp (-6)
53/60 sp

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardpaw, [C]reamkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Apprentice [C]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Training   Continuing Training EmptyFri 28 Jan 2022 - 19:57

deerpaw noticed the blow just before it came and rolled away, before reaching her paws out trying to hit flesh. her paws sliced through air and she hissed in frustration.

Deerpaw used Dodge and Fight, -7 SP and dealing no damage

Swiftheart
26/40 hp
65/100 sp

Deerpaw
20/20 hp (+6)
46/60 sp (-7)

Last edited by Copperbeans on Fri 28 Jan 2022 - 20:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15179

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Training   Continuing Training EmptyFri 28 Jan 2022 - 19:57

The member 'Copperbeans' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

Continuing Training Mistpe10
Continuing Training Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Training   Continuing Training EmptySat 29 Jan 2022 - 12:04

Swiftheart purred seeing her apprentice expertly dodge the attack Excellent! she encouraged. Her apprentice was doing well doing what she had been taught. She was going to be a great warrior soon Swiftheart knew it!

Seeing an opportunity however she could not pass it up. Deerpaws tail was sticking out as she rolled away she grinned and gripped onto it tugging it (not super hard as not to really hurt her but enough to throw her off balance)

Swiftheart used tail yank Deerpaw is stunned for a move

its important to get back up quickly! Dont get thrown off she encouraged Deerpaw

Swiftheart
26/40 hp
50/100 sp (-15)

Deerpaw
12/20 hp (-8)
46/60 sp

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Training   Continuing Training EmptySat 29 Jan 2022 - 15:49

Deerpaw gasped as Swiftheart yanked her tail. air was knocked out of her momentarily. how could she have been so foolish? she should always be guarding her tail, legs and neck. those were the most important!

she struggled to her paws and nipped her mentor's hind leg. I won't lose!

Deerpaw used Random Recall and Snap, dealing 6 dmg and -12SP

Swiftheart
20/40 hp (-6)
50/100 sp

Deerpaw
12/20 hp
34/60 sp (-12)

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Training   Continuing Training EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 3:22

Swiftheart nodded Good recovery and counter attack Deerpaw! she encouraged her apprentice onwards.

Remember, when facing a larger opponent use your speed ... you may have to play risky and go for sneaky ideas... play dead or go for their belly or any other sneaky tricks you can think of to give you the edge she instructed.

Swift hoped to herself she was not being too hard on her but in real combat Deerpaw may be put against an unmatched opponent and she wanted her to be ready for such things.

Swiftheart saw an opening and pawed at her opponent with a sheathed paw.

Swiftheart used front paw blow dealing 6 dmg and costing 5 stamina

She then backed away a bit and opened herself up, she was curious on what play her apprentice would make and wanted to see how she would react to having an easy shot on anything.

Swiftheart
20/40 hp
45/100 sp (-5)

Deerpaw
6/20 hp (-6)
34/60 sp

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Training   Continuing Training EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 15:25

Deerpaw narrowed her eyes on Swiftheart's tail. she ran towards Swiftheart, making it look like she was aiming for her paws but last second Deerpaw swerved and yanked her mentor's wildly waving tail. the fight was ending soon. she would just do everything she could to bring Swiftheart down.

Deerpaw used Tail yank, -15 SP and dealing 7dmg

Swiftheart
13/40 hp (-7)
45/100 sp

Deerpaw
6/20 hp
19/60 sp (-15)

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Training   Continuing Training EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 16:12

swiftheart was sure her apprentice was going after her paws and got ready .... but suddenly! At the last second Deerpaw swerved and got her tail pulling her to the ground. Swiftheart was stunnded by this and blinked rapidly seeing stars.

She shook her head trying to refocus, but was to slow to refocus in time to get any solid attacks or opportunities in

Swiftheart is stunned this turn and did not attack

Swiftheart
13/40 hp
45/100 sp

Deerpaw
6/20 hp
19/60 sp

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Training   Continuing Training EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 16:18

Deerpaw watched with triumph as Swiftpelt crumbled to the ground. taking a deep breath, she darted forward and slammed her paw on the warrior, adding some additional blows to make the most of the stun.

Deerpaw used Play Dead, dealing 8dmg and -5SP

Swiftheart
5/40 hp (-8)
45/100 sp

Deerpaw
6/20 hp
14/60 sp (-5)

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Training   Continuing Training EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 16:58

Swiftheart was so happy at her apprentices moves this spar she was doing excellent!

She would no doubt become a powerful warrior soon. There was not much she had left to learn from Swiftheart. She made a mental note to mention her progress to Frostgaze or Murkystar so they could begin thinking about promotions at some point. Deerpaw still had to visit the moonstone as was traditon.. but as far as training was concerned she was doing outstanding work.

Swiftheart was having to fight pretty hard this spar to avoid her apprentice from getting the upper hand and with more time Swiftheart was sure that Deerpaw would eventually beat her in future practice spars... She hoped that her apprentice and her would remain good friends and still get to hang out once Deerpaw became a warrior,

Seeing a good chance at a strike at Deerpaw's shoulder that was overextended and vulnerable Swiftheart swatted at it,

Swiftheart used front paw blow dealing 6 dmg and costing 5 stamina. Pending ko

after she did so she helped Deerpaw back to her feet.

Amazing! she complimented, she took awhile to catch her breath

Your fighting has imporved so much! I am glad we are on the same side she complimented very happy with how Deerpaw did today. She stood her ground and did very well it was a close battle... closer than Swiftheart would have thought and she was very happy by this.

I guarantee you will be handing me my tail in no time in future practice spars.

Swiftheart
5/40 hp
40/100 sp (-5)

Deerpaw
0/20 hp (-6) (Pending ko)
14/60 sp

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Training   Continuing Training EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 18:15

Deerpaw lost her balance as Swiftheart swatted at her shoulder. scrambling to her paws with the warriors help, she headbutted Swiftheart in a friendly manner. "When I become a warrior, I am definitely going to destroy you!" she vowed, her amber eyes glimmering with humor. She licked her chest fur and added softly, "This is the first time I've lost in a spar, but also the first time I sparred with a warrior. You should have seen Sootpaws face when I pinned him down! He never got the chance to hit me!" she purred at the memory.

at the thought of Sootpaw, Ratrunner also crossed her mind. she decided to address her worries. "You know, no one can have what they want all the time, but we should always be grateful about what we already have. I overheard your conversation with Ratrunner last time. I think you should move on. There are plenty of other cats in Shadowclan- just don't touch my little brother Snakekit ok?"

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Training   Continuing Training EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 19:45

Swiftheart giggled a little at the playful headbutt her apprentice gave her.

hmm I am glad to hand you your first defeat she giggled teasing back.

She listened to her describe her spar against her peer.

Hmm Good job on your victory. Im sure you two enjoyed that she said glancing at her... hmm she seemed very happy when talking about that... perhaps she was reading into it too much... ??

she shrugged

She fell silent as the second topic came up... Ratrunner... hmm

she quietly thought for a couple seconds...

yeah that was a tough conversation. she admitted honestly

perhaps you are right... we have a lot to be grateful for indeed. she nodded agreeing with Deerpaw...

hmm but to move on completely? she wondered aloud... she honestly was not sure
hmm perhaps so she answered finally but truthfully she was very unsure about that.

She giggled at her last comment ok not to worry promise

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Training   Continuing Training EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 20:04

Deerpaw nodded. She wouldn't push Swiftheart to do something she didn't want to, even if its for her good. "Well, I think I'll head back to camp to see if any cat wants to go on patrol," She signed finally, even though she was tired. She was so close to being a warrior. That alone gave her energy to wake up and train day after day.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Training   Continuing Training Empty

Back to top Go down

Continuing Training
Page 1 of 1