Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A New One [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Characters : [C]reekpaw | [P]alekit | [R]edkit
Clan/Rank : [C] RC Apprentice | [P] SkC Kit | [R] WC Kit
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 1212

A New One [C] Empty
PostSubject: A New One [C]   A New One [C] EmptyTue 4 Jan 2022 - 20:26

Frostgaze quietly lounged in camp, blending amongst the snow that powdered the ground around him. It was one of his rare moments of true respite, now that patrols had to be sent out near constantly, and those patrols were organized by him. It felt like he never had any time to himself anymore, besides, he had a new kit to take care of, though that mainly consisted of bringing pieces of fresh-kill and checking up on her, making sure she adjusted to the clan. His penchant for taking in those small rogues took energy, because nobody else ever cared for them. He just... kind of became their caretaker, as if he could stop himself from helping them anyway. He took his duty to protect those who were weaker than him very seriously. So there he lay, bunched up as a loaf, watching those around him without much interest.

A New One [C] Downlo48 A New One [C] Downlo50 A New One [C] Downlo49

Creekpaw♀ | Apprentice | Riverclan | #666d96
Palekit♀ | Kit | Skyclan | #8d8ab5
Redkit♀ | Kit | Windclan | #8c2a2a
Character Profiles (WIP)
* disabled stats | signature made by felidaze's warrior cat creator!
Back to top Go down
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Characters : [♠] ✞ Scorchtalon (W), [♞] ✞ Sootwhisker (SC), [♥] ✞ Sagepaw (W), [♣] Plumleaf (SKC), [♛] Beetleshade (T), [♚] Applespark (SC), [♜] Mudshriek (WC), [T]Tinyshadow (RC), [I]Irispaw (TC), [R]Rainpaw (WC), [S]Spider (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : [♠] ✞ Windclan (T5 Warrior), [♞] ✞ Shadowclan (T3 Warrior), [♥] ✞ Windclan (App), [♣] Skyclan (Tier 2 Hybrid Medicine Cat), [♛] Thunderclan (T5 Warrior), [♚] Shadowclan (T1 Warrior) [♜] Windclan (T2 Warrior), [T] Riverclan (T1 Warrior)
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 651

A New One [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New One [C]   A New One [C] EmptyWed 5 Jan 2022 - 7:46

Alexcentria wrote:
Frostgaze quietly lounged in camp, blending amongst the snow that powdered the ground around him. It was one of his rare moments of true respite, now that patrols had to be sent out near constantly, and those patrols were organized by him. It felt like he never had any time to himself anymore, besides, he had a new kit to take care of, though that mainly consisted of bringing pieces of fresh-kill and checking up on her, making sure she adjusted to the clan. His penchant for taking in those small rogues took energy, because nobody else ever cared for them. He just... kind of became their caretaker, as if he could stop himself from helping them anyway. He took his duty to protect those who were weaker than him very seriously. So there he lay, bunched up as a loaf, watching those around him without much interest.

Sootkit crouched in the snow, his gray fur fluffed up against the cold. Every time the entrance to the camp so much as rustled under the breeze, his ears perked and his eyes lit up with hope, only to be downcast in disappointment again.

They'd been gone for ages, weren't they coming back? Surely they hadn't forgotten about him... right?

His parents had gone on an early morning hunting spree a few sunrises earlier, but now Sootkit's heart pounded with worry, his tiny kit brain racing with all the predators they could've met in the forest.
What if they'd been stolen by twolegs?

Looking around, he spotted icy blue eyes peering out from a pelt so white he almost mistook it for a pile of snow. He recognized Frostgaze, the clan deputy, and crept over with slow, uncertain steps. Frostgaze, like Murkystar and most of the other senior warriors, seemed like endless pools of wisdom. He'd heard that some of them had even seen badgers. Up close! If anyone would be able to help, he would.

"Erm.. Frostgaze?" The gray tom spoke, his eyes still flickering over to the entrance.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

A New One [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New One [C]   A New One [C] EmptyWed 5 Jan 2022 - 19:24

Nothing lasted forever, least of all his rest as deputy. Frostgaze opened his pale blue eyes to find the dark form of Sootkit in front of him, looking up at him with a questioning gaze. The deputy cocked his head to the side, looking back at the kit for a moment before responding. "What do you require Sootkit? If it is about becoming an apprentice, you do still have to wait the full six moons, I have had too many kits ask me that question." None of this was said with discontent, more perhaps a tired tint to his cold tones. He would never be angry with a kit for disturbing him, that would make no sense. If he didn't want to be disturbed, he would go somewhere where kits would be unable to bother him.

Character Profiles (WIP)

Last edited by Alexcentria on Wed 5 Jan 2022 - 19:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : words hard)
Back to top Go down
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Characters : [♠] ✞ Scorchtalon (W), [♞] ✞ Sootwhisker (SC), [♥] ✞ Sagepaw (W), [♣] Plumleaf (SKC), [♛] Beetleshade (T), [♚] Applespark (SC), [♜] Mudshriek (WC), [T]Tinyshadow (RC), [I]Irispaw (TC), [R]Rainpaw (WC), [S]Spider (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : [♠] ✞ Windclan (T5 Warrior), [♞] ✞ Shadowclan (T3 Warrior), [♥] ✞ Windclan (App), [♣] Skyclan (Tier 2 Hybrid Medicine Cat), [♛] Thunderclan (T5 Warrior), [♚] Shadowclan (T1 Warrior) [♜] Windclan (T2 Warrior), [T] Riverclan (T1 Warrior)
Sagittarius Monkey

A New One [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New One [C]   A New One [C] EmptyThu 6 Jan 2022 - 8:31

He hesitated, shuffling his paws nervously in the snow. His head swung over to the entrance one last time, hope brimming in his eyes.

"Er, when... when do you think my parents will be back? Not to be a bother, but they've been gone for quite a while see, and they told me they'd be back... They promised."

Clearing his throat, he tried to summon a brave face in front of the deputy.

"Something might have happened to them Frostgaze! We should go out and look for them, and I can help! I'm basically a warrior now, I'll take down any creature that threatens my family! Watch this!"

Unsheathing his tiny claws, he leaped backward in his impression of a fancy warrior move that only served to have him tumbling head over paws.

"So can we go?" He panted from the ground, still breathless from his "battle move".

plotting pages | character profiles
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

A New One [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New One [C]   A New One [C] EmptyFri 7 Jan 2022 - 20:04

He should've known that Sootkit would ask about his parents. Little did the kit know that he had already sent out a party to look for his parents when they failed to report for their next patrol. It could happen, someone slept in, someone went out already and forgot to show. It wasn't common necessarily, but it had happened before. Though, when the party returned, they reported something... unusual. Wrengaze and Ripplecloud, both scents had traveled off until the scents got muddled beyond Shadowclan borders. He was unsure what had happened, but they had either been taken mysteriously by cats with no scents, or they had left the clan's borders. There was still hope that they could return, but it was dwindling with each passing day.

Should he have told Sootkit earlier? Perhaps, but he did not want to make the kit worry unnecessarily, it had been more likely his parents would've returned. Now, after days... it was unlikely at best. "Sootkit, I have unfortunate news about that, actually. I had wished to wait as long as possible before informing you, but because you have asked, I shall answer. I sent out a patrol when they did not show up to their patrol, and they followed their scents until they got too muddled just beyond our borders. There were no other scents around. I am unsure if they will keep their promise to you Sootkit, and for that I am sorry. Perhaps they will still return, but it is far more likely they have gone in search of more fruitful hunting grounds. This leaf-bare has been tough on us all." Frostgaze made eye contact with Sootkit, piercing gaze watching him curiously. How would he respond? Not well most likely, kits were emotional volcanoes... so were apprentices....... and so were warriors. Huh.

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Sagittarius Monkey

A New One [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New One [C]   A New One [C] EmptySat 8 Jan 2022 - 9:05

Sootkit paused for a moment, numb with confusion and shock.

"They... left me?" He squeaked out in a small voice. "But... There's no way! They promised!"

His eyes searched Frostgaze, looking for any indication that the deputy was lying to him, that it was some sort of cruel joke, but found nothing. He narrowed his eyes, unsheathing his claws and digging them into the snow underneath him. All the hope that he'd held for them to return, all the things he'd been excited to tell them when they got back, the love he felt for his parents boiled inside of him until it turned into a cold rage.

"Fine!" He spat, lashing his tail, "I don't need them! I don't need anyone! I'm gonna be the best warrior Shadowclan has ever seen, and-and they'll be sorry!" His voice trembled, barely concealing the hurt he felt.

He turned away, his chin raised obstinately. If his parents didn't want to stay with him, he'd show them he was better off without them.

Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

A New One [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New One [C]   A New One [C] EmptySat 8 Jan 2022 - 22:20

Frostgaze listened to Sootkit's outburst quietly, face neutral throughout. Inside, he shared the kit's rage though. Parents abandoning a kit, abandoning the clan. Terrible. It was understandable for the kit to be so angry externally, though Frostgaze had never understood externally showing emotions very well. So he approached Sootkit as he turned from him, putting his tail on top of the tom. He had seen others do this before, it seemed to have been comforting? He would test the method. "Sootkit, every kit has it in them to be a great warrior so long as they put the time and the effort into learning what their mentors teach them. If you would believe it, my parents also disappeared when I was young. Though I had no one specifically looking after me. If you would allow me, I would like to look after you. I have never wished to see a kit without someone to guide them through life, not in a clan with so many warriors that could do so."

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Sagittarius Monkey

A New One [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New One [C]   A New One [C] EmptySun 9 Jan 2022 - 12:56

Sootkit was silent, still glaring angrily out at the snow. A whirlwind of emotions travelled through his brain as he considered the deputy's offer. How could he trust Frostgaze when the two cats who had promised to always be there had left him without a second thought? What if Frostgaze did the same?

On the other hand... He thought, Frostgaze is one of the best warriors in the clan. If anyone can teach me about becoming a great warrior and showing his parents he was better off without them, he could.

"Hmm... Okay." He agreed warily. He had his doubts, but a spark of optimism still remained. His eyes brightened as he thought about it.

"Does this mean I can start my training early? You could even be my mentor! Just wait till the other clans see my moves, they'll think twice before messing with Shadowclan!"

His gray fur fluffed out and his tail twitched excitedly, though he paused his rambling to glance once more at the camp entrance with a faraway look in his eye.

Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

A New One [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New One [C]   A New One [C] EmptyTue 11 Jan 2022 - 18:30

Frostgaze let out an exasperated huff as the kit asked if he could be an apprentice already. "Unfortunately, no. Yet who knows, perhaps I will end up being your mentor at least. For now, I am at least a cat for you to come to if you need help, advice, or a shoulder to lean on. For me, you are my ward, as I have taken others in, I have taken you in. I will do what I can to help you succeed in this clan as a warrior. Any days you are cold, you are welcome to go into my fur, I spend some of my time in the nursery with my younger adoptees anyway." He stretched upward, before looking up at the moon. "I must return to my duties, if you require something of me, you need only ask." With the smallest of smiles, Frostgaze began to pad away.

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A New One [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New One [C]   A New One [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

A New One [C]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp-
Jump to: