Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tara

Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3027

Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c] Empty
PostSubject: Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c]   Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c] EmptySat 30 Oct 2021 - 15:27

Bloodstar stared out of the entrance to the leader's den, staring at the moon that was shining through trees devoid of leaves. His first gathering as leader would be soon. I told you Swiftflight. I told you I'd end up the leader of Skyclan. He thought to himself with a small smile. He was surprised he didn't see his Starclan cat during the receiving of his nine lives. Maybe he watched his progress and was resentful. So be it then. He closed his eyes one final time in an attempt to sleep, but it once again eluded him. He still had to get used to sleeping alone. He needed more pelts to line his nest. He was a fair bit bigger than Wolfcall had been... and some change in the den was in order. He only hadn't yet because he found comfort in Wolfcall's lingering, but slowly fading scent. Once he could no longer smell his father in the leader's den, he would replace the bedding entirely.

He sighed and gave up on sleep for the night. He stepped outside, gritting his teeth against the chill in the air. A brief flash of silver caught his eye and he followed it to the elder's den. Smokefeather? He felt the sudden urge to see her... but now with Foxfire regaining consciousness he worried their conversations would no longer be private. There was no guarantee that Smokefeather was even awake anyway... he may have just been seeing things. He padded over to the elder's den quietly. His green eyes went to the guards at the entrance to camp who had their backs to him. They were talking about something, but their voices were too low for him to hear.

While they were distracted, Bloodstar carefully and quietly stepped inside the elder's den. Foxfire appeared to be asleep... It took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the darkness of the den, as it was angled away from the moonlight that the leader's den was not.

"Smokefeather, are you up?" He whispered very softly. If she wasn't awake, then he'd rather just leave her alone and let her sleep.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5686

PostSubject: Re: Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c]   Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c] EmptySat 30 Oct 2021 - 16:04

Smokefeather had found herself tossing and turning. Sleep had proven more elusive than usual this night, and she sighed quietly, eyes gazing toward the entrance of the den. Lynxpetal had taken on a clan name and her kits had become fine warriors. Foxfire was finally conscious, and genuinely sleeping in his own nest, and she was glad that her friend had survived. Bloodstar had become leader, and seemed to be trying to change things for the better. She could only hope that he succeeded. He'd chosen well to make Ashstorm his deputy. These recent events had, perhaps, been the first truly good news that Skyclan had seen in a long while.

If only some in the clan could see that and stop focusing on the past. It had been a struggle for Smokefeather, but one she'd found to be worthwhile. She could understand why Beechface was angry, but to stay so focused on staying that way... Something needed to change. Soon. Someone needed to talk to Beechface... Not that she'd listen. She was tired of watching her family fight and be at odds.

Movement at the entrance of the den had Smokefeather lifting her head. A small smile flickered across her face upon recognizing Bloodstar.

"I'm awake, Bloodstr- Bloodstar." She mewed softly, not wishing to disturb Foxfire's sleep. "What has you up at this hour?"

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c]   Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c] EmptyMon 1 Nov 2021 - 7:06

Why was he up at this hour? He had to think for a moment, but it didn't take long. He knew what was wrong, but putting it into words wasn't easy. "I've never slept alone before... and it's getting cold. I'm still trying to adjust I guess." He glanced over at Foxfire... who seemed to be out cold still. Satisfied the old tom wouldn't wake, his eyes went back to Smokefeather.

"Do you mind if I stay in here and talk for awhile? It might help me sleep." He may be Bloodstar now, but right at this moment he felt like Bloodstrike again. If only Smokefeather hadn't been injured the way she had... if only they could go out and be warriors again together. Briarthorn hadn't said anything to him since he became leader... She hadn't spoken to him... at all recently.

He was more comfortable with that than he cared to think about for long.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c]   Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c] EmptyMon 1 Nov 2021 - 11:12

Smokefeather's eyebrows rose slightly at the admission, and for a brief moment she wondered why he wasn't seeking out Briarthorn... Wherever the former Shadowclanner was. It was a thought she quickly dismissed, however. If Bloodstar wasn't welcome in Briarthorn's nest, well... Smokefeather wasn't going to poke her nose where it didn't belong. Maybe that decision of his had been more of a mistake than he'd realized. If that was something he'd want to talk about (unlikely, knowing Bloodstar) it would be on him to bring it up. He knew he was welcome to talk to her, regardless.

"Of course," She mewed softly, pushing herself up to a sitting position. There was a slight twinge of pain from her leg, and she glared down at it, silently cursing Dawnhawk for everything and willing the limb to cooperate. The colder weather seemed to... Not exactly be helping, as much as she preferred it. Attempting to put weight on it was a lost cause, she'd learned that long ago, but it made it no less frustrating to deal with.

"For what it's worth... I think most of the clan will come around to your decisions. And Ashstorm is level headed, I think she'll do well as deputy." They'd had their disagreements in the past, but Smokefeather was proud of her daughter. And Bloodstar had been right, this cycle of leaders isolating themselves and leaving the clan needed to end. The first step towards that was to appoint someone different. Ashstorm fit that more than most, but only time would tell if it would be successful. For the sake of the clan, Smokefeather hoped it was.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c]   Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c] EmptyMon 1 Nov 2021 - 14:32

Once she granted him inside, Bloodstar stepped in and made his way to her. How empty this den still felt bothered him. Well that was precisely why Skyclan had been changed. Their security clearly had been lacking, but with all of the things he had done to put it all in place, hopefully they wouldn't experience another tragedy like that again.

"She has always seemed level-headed. Not too gentle, not too harsh... she learns from her mistakes as well. I trust her to take care of the clan once her time comes." For now, Skyclan was his. He'd do his best to take care of it. He shuddered as a cold breeze blew through.

"This weather probably feels nice for you. I prefer late newleaf." He settled on his belly and tucked his paws under him to try to combat some of the cold. "Thank you for helping me. I'm know I'm stubborn and not easy to deal with. You helped me make my decision for deputy, whether you were aware of it or not."

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c]   Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c] EmptyMon 1 Nov 2021 - 17:56

Smokefeather nodded as Bloodstar spoke. There wasn't much to say, she agreed with him on that point. She rolled her eyes at the comment on the weather, though her whiskers twitched in amusement. "Rather this than greenleaf. Better yet, it could just stay leaf-fall all year."

Bloodstar continued, and Smokefeather found herself glad that someone seemed to be trying to listen to reason. "I'd... Hoped our last conversation had a paw in that." She murmured, "The clan needs less cats that are going to lose their tempers immediately upon the slightest provocation. And the clan needs leadership to be in agreement about things, not at each other's throats." Her ear twitched, and she paused, debating whether or not to bring up Beechface. The medicine cat had been... Vocal. Very vocal, in fact. Smokefeather would have been happy to keep her nose out of the drama entirely, but... Should she?

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c]   Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c] EmptyTue 2 Nov 2021 - 6:15

No... not leaf-fall all year... He didn't enjoy having a warm day one day and a nasty rainy cold snap the next. The weather was moody, like a lot of cats in his clan, and he really didn't need to have to deal with that as well as them. "I don't think Ashstorm wants my throat, however disappointed she might be with me from time to time." He was laying down across from her, but he wished it wouldn't be inappropriate to be next to her. She was dealt a bad paw and it had left her stuck in a den that she shouldn't have had to be in for many many more moons. He hoped with his new security efforts it would never happen to another cat in his clan again.

"I hope my father and Juniperlight will be safe, where ever they end up." He paused, his eyes seeming to look through the floor of the elder's den rather than at it for a moment. "And I really hope I see them again soon." He'd managed to hide his hurt and disappointment with the former leader and a valued member of Skyclan leaving, but he didn't feel the need to hide it from Smokefeather. She'd always been good about keeping secrets.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c]   Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c] EmptyTue 2 Nov 2021 - 8:23

Smokefeather smirked a bit as Bloodstrike's expression shifted. "What? There's nothing wrong with leaf fall." OF course he'd hate it, and she couldn't quite resist poking at him a little.

"Ashstorm doesn't worry me." She agreed, "Beechface though... How long before she finally snaps? She's had a tree wedged up her behind for moons. If it's not one thing, it's another." Smokefeather's gaze drifted towards the entrance of the den for a moment. If the medicine cat was awake she was still in her den. Her gaze returned to Bloodstar as she continued, "She... told me about your argument. More of a rant, really. It sounds like you both handled that terribly. What happened?"  Beechface had been angry enough about it, and had vented her frustrations more than once. Smokefeather knew her daughter wasn't the greatest at remaining unbiased, and she knew that hearing what Bloodstar would have to say would be helpful. She was tired of watching her family argue and avoid each other.

Wolfstar and Juniperlight... It was hard to believe they were gone. She still looked around camp, expecting to see one of the toms she'd come to think of as family. And she was still disappointed when she didn't find their dark pelts among her clanmates.

"I miss them. Juniperlight going missing the first time was hard enough. Haven't we lost enough recently?" The retired warrior rose from her nest, limping over to sit beside him. Was it inappropriate? Bloodstar came to her time and time again to talk, and she was beyond the point of caring, truthfully. If someone thought it was inappropriate, they were welcome to say something. Or do something about it. Somehow, Smokefeather doubted it would be Briarthorn. That wasn't her problem. "I hope them make it back to us. Whether they find some new territory or not."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c]   Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c] EmptySat 6 Nov 2021 - 16:25

Beechface mentioned the fight after all... he wondered what exactly was said. Bloodstar sighed... and lost all train of thought when Smokefeather sat beside him. He looked nervously one more time at the dozing Foxfire... before he leaned into her and laid his chin against the back of her neck. A rush of relief and warmth drew a long sigh of relief from him that he wasn't expecting. He didn't want to talk anymore. He just wanted to close his eyes and be done with reality for just a little while. He inhaled her scent slowly and his eyelids closed softly. Stars... I still love her. This is wrong. I shouldn't be doing this. But he was, and he had no desire to pull away.

Another long sigh as his body physically relaxed. It was like he was physically exhaling all of the tension and frustration that had plagued him for moons. He didn't even realize that he had needed this. Forget the rules. I'm the leader of Skyclan now and my word is law. My word is the warrior code. No one can question me. Whether or not he would feel that way after he left, he didn't know, but he didn't care. He pulled Somefeather in closer with a strong arch of his neck.

If she resisted, he would stop and let her go.

"We... had a fight, yes." He eventually managed to say after he got his fill of endorphins. "She told me that she talked to Dawnhawk recently. He's still prowling our territory I guess... and she said she agreed with him. She understood why he left. Was she talking about why he joined the Asylum? Wolfstar banished him, or he may have come back. I don't know, anyway... I was so shocked that she'd say that, especially since he killed Wrenspring, my mother, two of my daughters, Cloudmane... He even nearly killed her. How could she say that? I lost my temper with her and told her if she agreed with him so much then she could leave." It wasn't his proudest moment but the shock and hurt and confusion he felt was too much for him to deal with so suddenly. His natural reaction to that was anger.

"I do hope Wolfcall and Juniperlight come back. I still need my dad." Though he would never say it like that to anyone except Smokefeather.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c]   Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c] EmptySat 6 Nov 2021 - 20:50

"So I've heard. She mentioned snapping at you after you called her out on her temper. She seems to think you'd rather she fight Dawnhawk and die rather than walking away to live." Smokefeather didn't turn her head, but she was sure Bloodstar would be able to read the disapproval in her voice.

"She will claw my fur off for this, but you two are alike. You react to being surprised the exact same way." They reacted with anger. "She wouldn't know tact if you hit her over the head with it. You bite first and ask questions later... She manages to jump to the worst conclusion possible. Stars... You're both old enough to know better." She sighed. "I've tried talking with her, but I feel like I've gotten nowhere." Smokefeather grimaced. "The last thing we need is another Dawnhawk situation." The knowledge that Dawnhawk still prowled Skyclan territory was enough to form a pit of icy dread in her stomach, not at all helped by the idea of Beechface possibly following down that path.

Smokefeather pressed against Bloodstar in return, selfishly relieved that he didn't pull away and not really caring if Foxfire saw. Even after everything, his presence was still a comfort. "Don't drive her away, Bloodstar. Don't... Don't make the mistakes I did. I'd say let her calm down but... It's Beechface. The longer you wait the more stubborn she'll get." She huffed. Smokefeather didn't understand how their daughter could cling to grudges the way she did. She was hurting, yes, but whatever Beechface was doing wasn't making any of her problems better, either.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c]   Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Young Souls in Broken Bodies [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp-
Jump to: