Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Characters : Flamethrower, Jaculus
Clan/Rank : [F] Rogue [T1], [J] Rogue [T1]
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 1218

Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySun 12 Sep 2021 - 21:13

He had to admit, it was impressive. Mentally shaking his head in wonder as he leapt to the top of the High Rock, Minkstar mused to himself that Thrushnose couldn't have picked a better mentor for the kit. Feels like just yesterday he was apprenticed! Then again, Stoatfur himself had also blitzed through his apprenticeship, his keen mind picking up the more advanced aspects of warriorhood easily - so who was to say he couldn't do as well at teaching?

A wry smile twitched at his lip as he stepped up to the edge of the rock. Quicker than my own apprenticeship, at least. Then again, most cat's apprentice days were. Shaking the thoughts off, he opened his maw and let his voice ring through camp. "Cats of ThunderClan! Gather here beneath the High Rock for a Clan meeting!"

pics of me cats:

In order from left to right
Jaculus | Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Swansong | Rift | Cleft Spyre | Sablepaw/Lirista | Minkstar | Murkpaw
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/stoneflew/
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 4:21

Pricklepaw lifted his head at the leader’s call, chest tightening in apprehension. If this was one of his siblings’ warrior ceremony… no, no it wouldn’t be. There was no way. If it was a warrior ceremony, it was his. Right? After all, he’d fought foxes and a SkyClan patrol. What had his siblings done? Spar? Ptcha. He trotted over to sit under the Highrock, trying to see if Minkstar’s gaze landed on him. Of course it would… he was the Clan’s best apprentice… this would be his ceremony.
Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 22:04

The recipient of this ceremony seemed just a little apprehensive. Minkstar mentally smiled to himself - maybe he thought one of his siblings would get to warrior first. Luckily for him, and perhaps not so luckily for the rest of them, he'd get to keep his ego this time.

Opening his maw again, Minkstar kicked the ceremony off. "Pricklepaw, it is time you became a warrior. If you agree to go through this ceremony - and I seriously doubt you don't from what everyone's told me - step forward!"

Maybe it was a little streak of stubborn mischief that refused to let go, but upending the formality of the ceremony for cats who probably wanted all the pomp was just... fun. When the apprentice had stepped up, he began the important bit, automatically lifting his gaze to the sky, voice ringing through the ravine. "I call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice, who has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and go through apprenticeship faster than his siblings, because apparently it's a race to get to warriorhood," He said dryly, glancing down briefly and flicking his tail in a casual movement. "Nevertheless, he has learned well and thoroughly, contributing to the Clan and protecting its members, and it is time I commend him to you as a warrior in turn."

Minkstar met the younger tom's eyes with a twinkle in his own, cocking his head slightly as he regarded him for a moment. "Pricklepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, to defend and protect this Clan and all its members - young and old, loved and disliked - above your own life, ambitions, and personal feelings?"

pics of me cats:

Jaculus | Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 12:05

Pricklepaw’s eyes widened once his name was called. He was becoming a warrior! Today! Right now! Not that he’d ever doubted, of course… his eyes lit up as he stepped forwards. Minkstar had heard about him. He knew he was a loyal, brave warrior of ThunderClan. Minkstar’s next words… were befuddling. Pricklepaw looked up in confusion, wondering what, exactly, was happening. What was he supposed to say now? This didn’t sound like a regular warrior ceremony? “I do…” He mewed, not knowing what, exactly, he was saying yes to but hoping it was, indeed, his warrior ceremony. Well, he could safely say that he, Pricklepaw, was overjoyed he wasn’t stuck with this… confusing tom as his mentor. Ha. Take that, Applepaw.
Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 15 Sep 2021 - 0:04

(ooc: I'm sorry, Minkboi is a bit of a jokester sometimes XD)

Maybe he could have afforded to be bit less... casual. Poor kit looked confused and a little overwhelmed, now. Or maybe he just didn't understand the concepts he was throwing out... Hopefully that isn't the case. They might be a gang of mischief-makers, but they're not bad kits. Hopefully there'd be time for him to learn what exactly his crazy leader meant, and room in his head to remember these words.

Opening his maw again, he continued once the answer had been given, wryly deciding that he should probably give up all the additions and tell it straight, like he was meant to. "Then by the powers of StarClan, I grant you your warrior name."

"Pricklepaw,"
He said, keeping his eyes locked to the younger tom's gaze, "from this moment on you will be known as Prickletail. We honour your courage and keen mind, and welcome you as a full warrior of ThunderClan."

The cheers broke out, and he smiled, leaping down from the rock to land in front of the new warrior, tapping him on the shoulder with his tail and moving past to let the others crowd around and congratulate him. "Do your Clan proud, kit."

pics of me cats:

Jaculus | Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6739

PostSubject: Re: Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu 16 Sep 2021 - 17:04

Applepaw watched her brother during his ceremony, only mildly miffed that it wasn't her turn yet. She'd started a little later than him; Minkstar had been waiting for his apprentice slot to be freed up so that he could train her personally. That was why she was a little late. Her ceremony would be tomorrow, she knew. That said, she decided to put on a show of congratulations. She sniggered a little bit at Minkstar making fun of the tom, cracking jokes, but she cheered along with the rest when her brother got his name. Prickletail... how boring. I'm sure Minkstar will give me a better name. She really did like her brother, when she got down to it. He just made her really mad sometimes and it was fun to be better than him. "Congratulations," she meowed at him with her signature adorable smile. I'm next.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu 16 Sep 2021 - 17:12

Prickletail. Prickletail. Prickletail. The newly named warrior puffed out his chest, drinking in the cheers. He was courageous. He was keen-minded. For a moment, a shiver ran down his spine, a shiver of pure happiness. Although Minkstar did call him a kit, he was getting the impression that… Minkstar wasn’t exactly someone he could figure out. He chose not to be offended… and boy, did that feel good. Basking in the glory of his name being called, of being the center of attention, he found it within him to not say something snarky to Applepaw. (Or maybe it was the fact that her mentor was standing not far off and could demote him.)

He merely dipped his head in appreciation of her words. Feeling suddenly benevolent, he mewed “I’m sure yours will be soon.” Stars, where had that come from? Even so… he had been first. He had been first, and that was all that really mattered. Not even Applepaw getting the leader as her mentor mattered much- he certainly didn’t want the ginger tabby as his mentor. Maybe she’d been so problematic Minkstar had to mentor her himself. Prickletail scanned the crowd quickly, looking for his favorite sibling, Pheasantpaw. He… would like it if she would congratulate him.
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1433

PostSubject: Re: Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu 16 Sep 2021 - 18:34

Pheasantpaw's head rose from her meal at Minkstar's call. Warrior ceremony? she hoped. She clasped her muzzle around the thrush, standing up and gently shaking her short fur before padding toward the meeting. The apprentice took her spot near the edge of the crowd, continuing to munch on her bird. She tended to eat when stressed or annoyed, and it was definitely one of those times. Earlier that day she had met a dull-minded thrush, much like the one in her claws. It was a thoroughly aggravating piece of mousedung that bird was. She was angry she missed the cocky prey, taking comfort in eating one already dead on the fresh-kill pile.

Pheasantpaw listened to Minkstar's words with a smile, barely keeping chuckles to herself. She craned  her neck to see her brother's reaction to the leader's teasing. The calico was pleased to see confusion on his face, clear as day. She shifted to a sitting position as the tom's warrior name was announced. Prickletail. Kind of... boring, for a cat like Pricklepaw. She joined in the chant, getting the name comfortable on her tongue.

Once the ceremony had finished Pheasantpaw swallowed the remaining bits of her food. She got up with a stretch, preparing to walk over to the new warrior. As she made her way through the crowd she pondered what she would say to the tom. She spotted Applepaw chatting with him. Once they were done Pheasantpaw walked up behind her brother, resting her tail on his shoulder. "Congrats Prickletail, how are you doing?" she greeted, her eyes gazing over his pelt. "I bet Applepaw was jealous, but I also bet you didn't rub it in her face. Is that correct?" she guessed with a friendly smile. Hmmm, what else could she add? "Honestly good job on first to being a warrior, I don't know what Minkstar was talking about," she commented dishonestly, catching his eyes with hers. The eyes of someone who basically saved her from a fox. Pheasantpaw wouldn't admit it to herself, but she was a bit proud of Prickletail. Just a bit.

(OOC: gee I'm glad I decided to read this topic finally lol)

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP
Mushroomkit
TC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Pricklepaw's Warrior Ceremony
Page 1 of 1