Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Ashen Feathers [c]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

Ashen Feathers [c] Empty
PostSubject: Ashen Feathers [c]   Ashen Feathers [c] EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 12:31 pm

Henpaw’s status as a medicine cat had helped override any protestations that may have come from Ashfall- to tell the truth, she hadn’t really been listening. Although she herself was still a ‘paw, she was practically warrior-aged. She sympathized with the young apprentice, and if Fogpaw’s mentor had any plans, well, they could be carried out just as well once the apprentice had some experience. With a flick of her tail, she led the way out into the territory in search of the herbs she had dropped. Sniffing around, she quickly discovered the thyme- thank the stars. She didn’t want to risk the Gorge again. “Let’s stay close to camp, yeah?” She called, always on the alert.

While she piled the thyme into a neat heap, she kept half an eye on Ashfall and Fogpaw, curious. Maybe she would hunt, too. That’d be fun. For now, though, she was content to watch and keep an eye out for predators or any other threats. Although… that rabbit she saw placidly eating a few fox-lengths away in the tall grass… she might just go for that one, if neither of the other mollies saw it.
Back to top Go down
Cinnabuns

Cinnabuns

Characters : (F)Fogpaw, (H)Hollowpaw
Number of posts : 62

Ashen Feathers [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashen Feathers [c]   Ashen Feathers [c] EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 5:02 pm

Fogpaw looked around in amazement, she didn’t realize how big the moor actually was until then. It was just so empty. She realized she probably looked like a kit right now, wide eyes, mouth dropped, she shut her jaw and stayed close Ashfall and Henpaw. Wow my first hunt! I wonder if I’ll catch anything… she thought getting a bit off track. She perked her ears trying to listen for prey. She’d seen how impressive all the other apprentice’s catches were, so maybe if she caught something… Yeah, like I’ll catch something on my first time out her thoughts down graded her confidence, but like that was going to stop her.

She’d seen how the the other cats had been practicing their hunting moves in camp. Fogpaw got the gist. Stay low, keep still, be quiet and watch your prey carefully. Maybe once she caught something she could give it to Henpaw or Ashfall, to thank them.
I’m going to hunt in the tall grass!” she called over her shoulder as she leapt into the dry overgrowth.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Characters : [C]reekpaw
Clan/Rank : [C] RC Apprentice
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 1198

Ashen Feathers [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashen Feathers [c]   Ashen Feathers [c] EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 10:49 pm

Ashfall eyed Fogpaw, keeping her on her non-blind side. Henpaw could take care of herself, she knew that. It was the young apprentice Ashfall worried the most about, they were always the kind to get in over their heads, and straight into trouble. There probably wouldn't be much caught from the brand new apprentice, she hadn't even learned the hunting crouch yet. Though, the skills were in all cats, it was training that honed them.

Tail swishing gentle from side to side, Ashfall watched carefully for foxes and hawks. Two things that could kill an apprentice like that. She didn't want anything terrible happening to Fogpaw, in fact, Ashfall liked her spirit. She'd make a fine warrior someday... if she could keep her impulses in check. As if on cue, Fogpaw ran off into the tall grass, causing Ashfall to quickly pivot on her good paw after her. "Wait up!" She whispered, though not very quietly, more of a hushed yell. Catching up with the apprentice quickly due to her long legs, she whispered again. "Don't run off without me. Henpaw is an accomplished medicine cat apprentice, and I trust her to hold her own until we can help her. You on the other hand are brand new, and I don't want anything happening to you. Watch me first, then you can hunt and I'll stay back."

Moving in front of the apprentice quickly, she scented the air. Rabbit, not too far off, likely hiding in the tall grass eating. Greenleaf brought fat prey, hopefully, this one would be easy to catch. Stalking ever closer, with little hops so she wouldn't limp on her bad foot, Ashfall got within striking distance. This was one distracted rabbit. Chewing on grass that had not dried in the hot Greenleaf sun. Easy pickings. Her eye narrowed, and she exploded forward. It wasn't much of a chase, the rabbit had startled and began to run, but Ashfall was already in midstride, and was able to gain within moments. A leap from her powerful hind legs brought her straight on top of the rabbit, claws digging into its sides. Before it was able to scrabble to its feet, Ashfall advanced on it and chomped down on its throat. With that, she carried it back closer to Fogpaw and buried it. Wordlessly she rejoined the apprentice, watching her. Her turn.

Ashfall attempted to catch a rabbit, she was successful! -3 SP

Ashen Feathers [c] Downlo46

Creekpaw♀ | Apprentice | Riverclan | 20/60 | #666d96
Character Profiles (WIP)
* disabled stats | signature made by felidaze's cool cat creator!

Last edited by Alexcentria on Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

Ashen Feathers [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashen Feathers [c]   Ashen Feathers [c] EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 10:49 pm

The member 'Alexcentria' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Ashen Feathers [c] Mistpe10
Ashen Feathers [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Cinnabuns

Cinnabuns

Ashen Feathers [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashen Feathers [c]   Ashen Feathers [c] EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 11:22 pm

Fogpaw watched Ashfall ,carefully, as she stalked and caught the rabbit. Wow I didn’t even know that was there, I wonder if I could try… She copied the way Ashfall got low to the ground, she stopped swaying her tail and slightly raised her haunches pretending there was a hare racing in front her. Then Fogpaw pounced on the “hare” and tried again, trying to perfect her crouch and leap. Of course she failed but at least she was progressing. She walked through the steps again, crouching down, raising her haunches, staying still, and then pouncing.

Fogpaw realized how ridiculous this looks, a small apprentice just leaping at air, and not even doing it right. She shook her head she searched the ground for prey slowly. She lowered her head trying to get a closer look at the ground. Fogpaw then saw the slightest twitch of a leaf and stopped. She saw the small pink nose of a mouse pop out from under it. Without making a sound she crouched and flattened herself against the dry soil.

She screeched with joy when she caught the fairly small mouse. She ran back to Ashfall and Henpaw to show them her surprising catch.

Fogpaw leapt and caught the mouse successfully! -3 SP

Last edited by Cinnabuns on Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

Ashen Feathers [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashen Feathers [c]   Ashen Feathers [c] EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 11:22 pm

The member 'Cinnabuns' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Ashen Feathers [c] Mistpe10
Ashen Feathers [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
cocoa

cocoa

Ashen Feathers [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashen Feathers [c]   Ashen Feathers [c] EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 8:47 am

OOC: the battle system can be rather confusing. Feel free to PM me with any questions! Basically, any attack Fogpaw does on the weasel will automatically miss until the weasel’s next turn.

IC: Fogpaw’s screech gave Henpaw a jolt- luckily, however, she’d been watching and therefore didn’t completely freak out. Hmm. Maybe she was getting skittish. “Good job, Fogpaw!” She praised with a purr. “Mice are difficult catches for even the most experienced of hunters.” She’d failed to catch a mouse on her first training session with Hayglow. It was encouraging to see this apprentice catch one… but at the same time Henpaw was flooded with the fire of competition. She scanned the moor for something… there. Something brown and serpentine, silent and barely a ripple in the grass. She flicked her tail at it with a grin. ”Battle training, yeah? Fogpaw, that there’s a weasel.” As she spoke, the furry beast lifted its eerily catlike head. “They aren’t as dangerous as most of what you can find on the moor. I’ll keep its attention, and you and Ashfall can go wild on it, yeah? Don’t worry- I’m here to patch us up if we get any scratches. After all, we can’t let it go around stealing our prey, can we?” Without waiting for a response, she slunk towards the ripple in the grass, body low to the ground. Usually she’d jump out and batter it, but today she needed to demonstrate. “Fogpaw,” she whispered, “you’ve done played with mossballs before, I know. Just unsheathe your claws and go wild on it- like this-“ The calico leapt out of the grass, swiping unsheathed claws across the startled weasel’s face. It recoiled, then, before either of er companions could attack, began doing that thing weasels do when they run around frantically and become almost impossible to hit. “Stars,” she complained as it rammed into her side then dashed away before she could swipe at it. “It can’t keep this up for long, don’t worry. Even if you can’t hit it, still try!” Hopefully Fogpaw wouldn’t be confused by the darting blur of brown.

Henpaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and costing 7 stamina. Weasel used War Dance, dealing 7 damage and costing 15 stamina. Weasel cannot be hit until its next turn.

Henpaw
20/20 HP
53/60 SP (-7)

Fogpaw
20/20HP
60/60 SP

Ashfall
45/45 HP
90/90 SP

Weasel
14/20 HP (-6)
120/ 135 SP (-15)
Back to top Go down
Cinnabuns

Cinnabuns

Ashen Feathers [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashen Feathers [c]   Ashen Feathers [c] EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 11:07 pm

Fogpaw tried focusing on the weasel and it ran back and forth but all she could see was a brown blob, she shook her head and got down low like Henpaw did and once she had the chance she leapt up and swatted her front paw with her long claws. When she landed she shot up to see what she did. The weasel didn’t have a scratch! Stupid weasel! She grunted in frustration.

Fogpaw used Front Paw Strike dealing no damage and costing 7 SP. 

Fogpaw
20/20 HP
53/60 SP -7

Last edited by Cinnabuns on Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

Ashen Feathers [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashen Feathers [c]   Ashen Feathers [c] EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 11:18 pm

Ashfall looked on, a little bit of pride for the young apprentice filling her heart. Maybe this one had a bit of natural skill after all! It was good to see the future warriors of Windclan having a little bit of talent. Training could do a lot, but only so much. With a nod of approval, she buried the mouse that Fogpaw had dropped on the ground. Then she heard Henpaw say 'battle training'. "Wait-" Maybe she was slower now, maybe that's why Henpaw was able to run off and bap the weasel before she could stop her.

With a disgruntled sigh, Ashfall rushed the weasel. It was quick, but she hoped she was quicker. Her limp made it hard to do so easily, causing her to stop awkwardly. Her blow came down hard, but caught nothing but the ground. That weasel was fast. With a growl, Ashfall whipped her head around. She couldn't let this thing hurt these apprentices.

Ashfall used Front Paw Strike on the Weasel, dealing 0 damage (war dance) and using 7 stamina!

Ashfall
45/45 HP
83/90 SP (-7)

Weasel
14/20 HP
120/135 SP

Henpaw
20/20 HP
53/60 SP

Fogpaw
20/20 HP
53/60 SP

ooc: just a note! only the RPer who summons the predator (either with a roll of 10 or on purpose) plays the predator, so the weasel wouldn't do gripping bite that turn. also please do not forget posting order! it just goes whoever posts first, second, third, and so on over and over again. so it'd be (now because it got a little whack) cocoa, you, then me! just wanted to let you know for the future :), feel free to PM me if you have any questions, ill totally answer them if i know the answer!

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
Cinnabuns

Cinnabuns

Ashen Feathers [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashen Feathers [c]   Ashen Feathers [c] EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 11:25 pm

OOC: Oh thanks! Sorry I’ll fix that!
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Ashen Feathers [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashen Feathers [c]   Ashen Feathers [c] EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 8:22 am

The weasel was tiring, Henpaw could see it. Now they could get some hits in… and, of course, the Weasel would choose instead to latch onto her front leg. It hurt, but it didn’t hurt, but it was with annoyance that she sunk her teeth into it with a snarl, tearing at flesh. “Come on,” she growled, furiously tearing into it like there was no tomorrow. The adrenaline flooding through her body dulled the pain, and the only thing she felt was excitement. She hadn’t killed something in far too long. “Come on, Fogpaw! Get a hit in, it can’t hurt you.” It was too busy hurting her… stars this was starting to hurt. At least she was a medicine cat, yeah?

OOC: short, srry mobile

Henpaw used Snap, dealing 6 damage and costing 7 stamina. Weasel used Gripping Bite, dealing 6 (7-1)  damage and costing 15 stamina. Weasel can now be hit.

Henpaw
14/ 20 HP (-6)
46/60 SP (-7)

Weasel
8/20 HP (-6)
105/ 125 SP (-15)
Back to top Go down
Cinnabuns

Cinnabuns

Ashen Feathers [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashen Feathers [c]   Ashen Feathers [c] EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 5:01 pm

Fogpaw watched as Henpaw tried thrashing the weasel off of her. She was determined too land a blow, too show them she was going too be an excellent warrior! Even without training she had too at least one hit. She focused on the weasel and jumped at it with open claws and raked its back. Fogpaw hopped up and down excitedly, but the fight wasn’t over yet. The weasel looked weak but it still had some fight left in it. She looked to Ashfall too finish it off. 

Fogpaw used Front paw strike dealing 7 damage and costing 7 stamina.

Fogpaw
20/20
46/60
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

Ashen Feathers [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashen Feathers [c]   Ashen Feathers [c] EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 1:08 pm

Ashfall watched as the weasel zipped right to Henpaw, gripping onto her. Her eye narrowed, she was above being filled with anger to do something stupid... even if watching Henpaw get injured filled her internally with rage. Fogpaw was doing well for a brand new apprentice, but this had still been a terrible idea. Flashing forward on three paws, Ashfall snapped at the weasel, pulling it from Henpaw violently. Pinning it, she clamped her jaws around its neck, sinking her fangs in. The weasel struggled for only a little while longer before it had fallen limp.

Red covered her fangs and mouth, her white fur now stained. Though the apprentices were now safe from the weasel. That was something. "We should be heading back. Henpaw, you should have asked me before attacking the weasel. A plan of action would have been better than you getting injured. Fogpaw, you did well, your mentor shouldn't have a tough time training you." Picking up the weasel, Ashfall began leading the apprentices back to camp. No need for them to run into another predator out there. At least Henpaw's injury wasn't severe, and they had caught prey and a weasel for the fresh-kill pile.

Ashfall used Snap on the Weasel, dealing 9 damage and using 7 stamina! The weasel is dead!

Ashfall
45/45 HP
76/90 SP (-7)

Weasel [DEAD]
0/20 HP
120/135 SP

Henpaw
14/20 HP
53/60 SP

Fogpaw

20/20 HP
46/60 SP

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ashen Feathers [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashen Feathers [c]   Ashen Feathers [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Ashen Feathers [c]
Page 1 of 1