Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Memories of Times Forgotten (solo)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stormy

Stormy

Characters : [S]tormpaw, [D]owntuft, [So]ftbreeze*, [Sh]yfawn
Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey
Number of posts : 1144

Memories of Times Forgotten (solo) Empty
PostSubject: Memories of Times Forgotten (solo)   Memories of Times Forgotten (solo) EmptyWed 2 Jun 2021 - 16:40

Stormpaw gulped anxiously. She'd heard bits and pieces of a barn just off WindClan territory, and she figured that would be a nice place to settle. It was far away from ThunderClan, but there was just one problem... She had absolutely no idea how to get there. Exasperated, she sat down by a lone stump, kneading her claws into it. How in the name of MoonClan was she possibly going to find this barn?

Suddenly, a smell of lavender and, more alarmingly, cat, filled her nostrils and she whipped around to come face to face with... WindClan's medicine cat Apprentice...? "Softpaw..?" She murmured hesitantly, testing the name on her tongue. That... Sounded right. She remembered her; she'd been very outspoken against the Righteous Few.. Something with Galestar? Like with Dennis, she had a pelt that was rather odd, too unique to be owned by two cats in one Clan. A half split pale tabby face mask, and two brown rings around each leg, it was hard to misplace her as anything but WindClan's medicine cat Apprentice.

The she-cat blinked. "Softpaw? I haven't been called that in many moons." She mewed, eyeing Stormpaw uneasily. She was... Familiar.. "I... Know you... But how..?" the former medicine cat mumbled, thinking.

"Righteous Few." Stormpaw mewed instantly, than widened her eyes. She hadn't meant to say that out loud. The pieces snapped together, and Softpaw.. or whatever her name was now, looked up in shock. "Oakstar's daughter!" From the horror and shock in the gray Tabby's eyes, Softbreeze knew she'd gotten it right. "Great StarClan! Oakstar and Daisybloom mentioned you'd disappeared after the battle, but I.. I never thought you'd be here!"

"Please, you can't tell him! Or anyone!" She begged, and Softbreeze was taken aback by the terror and pleading in her eyes and voice. She clearly was horrified at the idea of ThunderClan finding out she was, well, alive.

"I-- I won't." he's dead, I can't tell him even if I wanted to. "Softbreeze. You're... Snakepaw? Sablepaw? St.. Stormpaw! That's your name!" Stormpaw definitely relaxed slightly as she promised not to tell, although Softbreeze could still see the worry pooling in the depths of her eyes. "Why.. why did you leave? And why are you so scared to go back?" She asked, taking a small step forward.

Stormpaw jerked her head away, a shudder going through her entire body. Softbreeze could sense her despair, and heard the soft sob from her maw. Her heart melted with sympathy. Whatever it was, it plagued Stormpaw like Dappleshine's death plagued her. "Dacedream.." She mumbled, so soft Softbreeze almost didn't hear her

"I remember her. Vixenstar and Lavenderbreeze killed her."

"NO!" Stormpaw yowled her protest, turning back around quick as lightning. "Rainstrike let her die! She could've done something! And-- AND OAKSTAR JUST FORGAVE HER! She tried to kill Minkstream during that battle, and despite the fact that three different apprentices and Batbite saw, he still chose her! Because that his kin, and she could NEVER do wrong! So I left. And I will NEVER go back, so long as Oakstar lives. Rainstrike is dead, I killed her myself. She killed Jaydream. She killed Ferretnose."

"Ferretnose? You mean the half blind ThunderClan elder? Stormpaw... She's not dead." Stormpaw stared at Softbreeze in shock. "You're certain?" She asked in disbelief. "I've seen her with my own eyes. Jaydream.. He's dead, I know that."

Stormpaw sighed, slightly relieved. "I'm glad Ferret is alright.. She never did wrong by me, she was just too gullible.." Her eyes hardened again, "So now you see why I can never go back. ThunderClan will never be the same ThunderClan as when Dace was alive. They destroyed it. Oakstar destroyed it, by believing that lying foxheart!"

Softbreeze bit her lip. Stormpaw deserved to know. "Stormpaw... He's dead. He.. He can't hurt you again, okay?" Softbreeze knew Oakstar wasn't a villain, but Stormpaw thought so, and she needed comfort. Something flickered in Stormpaw's eyes for a split second. Grief, maybe? "Dead...?"

Her tone was full of disbelief and Softbreeze watched a swirl of emotions go through her eyes.

Stormpaw's head hurt. He was dead! But how? And.. why did it hurt? He... He was still her father. She remembered fondly of playing in the snow and how the brown tom had let Leopardpaw and Coniferpaw play on him.. No. The Oakstar she last knew was not the Oakstar she loved. He was different, he was a monster. ThunderClan was safe from him and Rainstrike now, forever. "So Nettlefire is... Nettlestar now?" She asked, ears perking up.

Softbreeze flinched, wincing. "No. Nettlestar was killed by a badger. She's dead, Stormpaw, and I'm so sorry." The WindClanner watched Stormpaw's blue eyes zone out, and saw with a heavy heart how her jaw slacked and dropped open. Tears caressed her eyes, and she wore a pained expression. "No.. That.. that can't be true!"

"It is, I'm sorry... Minkstream should be receiving his nine lives soon, I wasn't at the last Gathering, so I'm not sure who his deputy is but... Nettlestar is gone."

Stormpaw and Softbreeze sat in silence for a long time, until finally, Stormpaw spoke. "Do you know where to find the barn?" She asked, and Softbreeze nodded, staring at her inquisitively. "Yes, of course, it's not very far from here. Is that where you plan to head?"

"Yes, I'm going there. Can you show me how to find it?" Once Softbreeze nodded, the pair of she-cats, both hurting and in pain, stood and began to trek across the wide open moors, until, at last, they arrived. "Stay safe, Stormpaw. I won't tell any cat anything about you, I swear."

Stormpaw nodded, and with a rush of thanks, embraced Softbreeze. "Thank you, may MoonClan light your path."
Softbreeze didn't question the change from StarClan too MoonClan as she replied, "May MoonClan light yours as well, Stormpaw."

Back to top Go down

Memories of Times Forgotten (solo)
Page 1 of 1