Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Nobody's Daughter {open}

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Nobody's Daughter {open} Empty
PostSubject: Nobody's Daughter {open}   Nobody's Daughter {open} EmptyWed 28 Apr 2021 - 8:49

Sedgekit started the day as she did any other, with the wind in her fur and the sun on her back. There was a hopeful scent in the air today as stray petals twirled over the gorse. The smaller kit tilted her head upward to swipe at a few, her green eyes catching the morning's sun rays and it stung a little. It didn't hurt nearly as much though as Fawnstep's absence. Her father was a strong WindClan warrior, even Lilacstar and Dayspring thought he was grand... Sedgekit often tagged along at his heels when he came back from patrol, she'd ask to be trained in battle or hunting skills, but he wasn't ever truly present. Determined, however, Sedgekit wasn't one to let a single misfortune kill her ambitions. She left the glade outside the nursery early, blue-gray fur groomed by herself. A bit of Sedgekit's kitten fuzz always had trouble staying in place, and it stuck out of her pelt endearingly.

A small group of apprentices were gathered in the sandy clearing below, and the kit's eyes sparkled as she made her way towards them. Perhaps she could make some friends? "Hi there! I'm Sedgekit, Fawnstep's daughter! Would you mind if I..." Sedgekit's boldness faltered and she scuffed a bit of dust with her white-tipped paws, ears hot. "Well, would you wanna talk with me? Maybe we could be friends?" There was a cheesy tinge to the kitten's bold genuine tone. She truly meant every word she spoke, her green eyes wide and sparkling.
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5686

PostSubject: Re: Nobody's Daughter {open}   Nobody's Daughter {open} EmptyWed 28 Apr 2021 - 9:09

Swiftpaw had settled in the sandy clearing, half-hearted conversation with another apprentice keeping her busy as she waited for Tawnyflare to show up. Her mentor was begrudgingly working with her, and more often than not they tended to argue at least a little during their daily training, but Swiftpaw was okay with it. Maybe if she did well enough, Tawnyflare would come around a bit.

A voice pulled the lynx-pointed apprentice's gaze from the camp entrance, and pale blue eyes settled on the form of a blue and white kitten, fuzz sticking out of her pelt as she approached and introduced herself.

"Hello, Sedgekit," She mewed, "I'm Swiftpaw." The name still felt strange on her tongue, but she was trying her hardest to get used to it. She was still more used to being called Eleos, though had picked up on the names of the clan cats quickly enough and thought she had a decent grasp of most of the naming conventions that weren't warrior names, at least. -Kit couldn't have been more self-explanatory if they tried, though Swiftpaw thought it was perfectly obvious and wasn't needed once someone laid eyes on said kits.

"You must be bored stuck in camp," Swiftpaw's voice was sympathetic, she hadn't enjoyed just sitting in camp and doing nothing, either, as she imagined most kits wouldn't enjoy it.

Swiftpaw eyed the kit curiously, taking note that she'd mentioned being Fawnstep's daughter... She hadn't interacted with many of the warriors yet, though had definitely heard the name in passing at least. "I'm afraid I don't know where Fawnstep is, if you were looking for him." She mewed, lilac-striped tail twitching and settling around her white paws.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nobody's Daughter {open}   Nobody's Daughter {open} EmptyWed 28 Apr 2021 - 13:57

Sedgekit held her breath after the words left her maw, her green eyes growing moist before one of the apprentices spoke up. The she-cat introduced herself as Swiftpaw, and Sedgekit thought her rather pretty, with her faint tabby markings and blue eyes. The kitten nodded vigorously as Swiftpaw remarked on how bored she must feel, stuck in camp. Before Sedgekit could open her mouth to complain however, the apprentice continued, asking if she was looking for her father. "Oh! No, don't worry, I'm not looking for Fawnstep... he's probably doing something more important anyway..." Her voice trailed off and Sedgekit's gaze fell to the sandy ground, once more scuffing about in the dust with her paws. An awkward silence hung in the air afterward and Sedgekit winced, wanting to fill the void with something more tasteful.

"Are you busy with camp duties? I could help you! Shyfawn told me all about how apprentices have to clean out the elder's nests and do other chores too! If we both do them... maybe they'll go by faster?" And maybe it'll help Swiftpaw see me as a really good friend! Even mediocre tasks like fetching water for the queens seemed exciting to Sedgekit, anything to help WindClan! If she really gave it her all and threw herself into her duties early, perhaps Fawnstep would find it easier to spend time with her.
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5686

PostSubject: Re: Nobody's Daughter {open}   Nobody's Daughter {open} EmptyWed 28 Apr 2021 - 16:51

"Sounds like my mentor Tawnyflare." Swiftpaw couldn't stop the bitter comment, though her mouth snapped shut after the words left her. Still, she offered the kitten a sympathetic smile. She knew what it was like for others to always be off doing something else. Even her mother had been the same way, more often than Swiftpaw would admit. Sometimes...

The apprentice shook her head as if to clear it. Her mother was dead, and there was little use speaking of the dead now. Not here, anyways.

"I was waiting for my mentor to go hunting actually... I've got nothing to do either." Swiftpaw responded apologetically. "I could show you how we hunt, maybe?" She offered, almost shyly now. It would be better than sitting around doing nothing, that was for sure. And knowing Tawnyflare, she was probably off doing something else and putting off actually mentoring. It would give her a way to practice without leaving camp, and maybe the kit would enjoy that more than bothering the elders... Who Swiftpaw hadn't actually met yet.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8