Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Am I Waiting On a Leader?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

Am I Waiting On a Leader? Empty
PostSubject: Am I Waiting On a Leader?   Am I Waiting On a Leader? EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021 - 17:03

The sun had risen and set multiple times since Sparkfire led Honeysong and Softkit to the old abandoned barn outside of WindClan territory. It was better than Twolegplace, she had decided, with many plump mice for her family to eat. This place had been suggested to her by Flintstar, her brother, who had sent them away after having found them on a border patrol. Sparkfire had hoped that her brother would accept her back into the Clan -- or at the very least, Softkit. He needed a warm place to live more than she or Honeysong did. For Flintstar to turn them away like that.... For him to turn away a kit alone went against one of the lesser-acknowledged laws of the warrior code, to never neglect a kit in pain or danger, regardless of heritage. Sparkfire felt a burning fury beginning to build up in her belly as she recalled the firm stare of her own brother sending them away from Clan territory. How could her brother have changed so much?

Sparkfire had vented her frustrations to Honeysong while Softkit had been sleeping, unable to suppress the anger she felt towards the only known kin she had left. She was angry at Flintstar for abandoning her like that ... even if she herself had been no better for abandoning him by running off with Angel many moons ago. Was that why he had turned her away? To make her pay for abandoning the Clan? But then, why would he neglect Softkit as well? Had he really become so petty with his anger towards her that he would refuse shelter and safety to anyone who was associated with her, even a small, helpless kit?

Then Honeysong had begun to speak to her in her gentle, soothing voice. For all that Sparkfire had told her about Flintstar, Honeysong doubted that the ShadowClan leader would turn away his own sister without a very good reason. After all, all Clans need as many warriors as they could get, and she was still technically a ShadowClan cat. Honeysong had also reminded Sparkfire of what Flintstar had said to her in confidence just before sending her away to the abandoned barn. He had promised Sparkfire that he would find her after things had settled down, and then he would give her a full explanation and a fair hearing. In her anger at being sent away like a bunch of rogues, Sparkfire had completely forgotten about Flintstar's promise. The fury that had begun to build up within her died back down. Perhaps she was wrong to have judged her brother so harshly without hearing his side of the story first. Once he arrived, she would be willing to let him explain himself, but only if he promised to let her and her family into the Clan -- or at the very least Softkit.

So now, Sparkfire sat outside in front of the barn, staring out over the stretch of territory that eventually led to WindClan territory. She had offered to take the first night shift while Honeysong slept with Softkit, safely tucked away in their hay nest within the barn. She pricked her ears, listening to any noises other than the chirping of crickets and the croaking of frogs. The sun had just set, and the moon was beginning to rise. The warriors of StarClan shimmered into existence a few dozen at a time, and Sparkfire couldn't help but wonder if the rest of her family were up there. Were Nightpaw and Frostpaw, her long-lost littermates, up there as well with their mother and father?

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7359

PostSubject: Re: Am I Waiting On a Leader?   Am I Waiting On a Leader? EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021 - 17:11

Flintstar's pelt prickled in shame - having nearly forgot that he was to find his sister in the wake of everything. His days had been filled with accepting some of the few Asylum cats that remained and it had taken a moment to breath to realize that he had forgotten something else. He had heard countless tales about the barn - he had seen it on the horizon once or twice when he had gone to the Moonstone. It had been the first place he had thought of that was nearby but perhaps - hopefully - safe from Asylum.

He hoped so... He shook his head as he came to a stop outside of the large strange den. He...He could only hope that Sparkfire would have listened to him but he also would not have blamed her if not - he hadn't been able to tell her the truth of what was transpiring. It would take far more words and time than their watchful Asylum cats would allow. "...Sparkfire?" he called out, shifting on his paws. "I've...I've come to fetch you and the others. ShadowClan is safe now." He took in a deep breath, riding himself for no doubt Sparkfire's oncoming questions if she was truly here. If she was angry...He would accept it but at least now, he could offer up the answers she no doubt sought.

Am I Waiting On a Leader? ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Am I Waiting On a Leader?   Am I Waiting On a Leader? EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021 - 17:27

Sparkfire's ear flicked towards the sudden voice speaking her name. She recognized the voice immediately to be her brother's. She had to admit, she was surprised that he had come at all; a part of her believed that he had only wanted to send her away to a place with plenty of prey so she wouldn't try to return again. It might still come to that, she thought, but she had promised Honeysong she would hear Flintstar out and get his side of the story.

Through the darkness, Sparkfire could just make out a black silhouette of a cat standing a few tail-lengths away from her near the bottom of the hill, but his glowing yellow eyes helped her pinpoint his exact location. She rose up to her paws and padded down the hill towards her littermate, stopping a few mouse-lengths away from him and staring back at him with her own yellow eyes. He may be leader of ShadowClan, but as of right now, she saw him only as her brother. And so, she stared at him with an intensity that was to convey to Flintstar that she wasn't too happy with him sending her and her family away.

Finally, she blinked. "Whatever you have to say, Flintstar, you can say to Honeysong as well." She turned and made her way back towards the barn without looking back to make sure he was following, not even when she entered the barn.

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Am I Waiting On a Leader?   Am I Waiting On a Leader? EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021 - 17:55

Flintstar titled his head as Sparkfire stepped from the darkness to stare at him, blinking back at her. He waited for an angry retort, shouting for turning them away without answers but nothing came. ...Huh, perhaps she wasn't that angry with him, he noted as he completely missed the purpose for her intense glare. As she mentioned Honeysong, he jolted a little. Ah yes, Sparkfire hadn't returned on her own but with another cat and a kit. "Of course," he meowed as he followed after her. As they entered the barn, he spared a glance around. It was...Far different from their marsh - he wasn't sure he had ever been this far away from his territory. He didn't like the hard ground beneath him, far different from soft grass that had been just outside.

"...I suppose I should offer you three an...Apologize," he meowed as he turned to look at the two she-cats, dipping his head towards them. "And an explanation. For the last few moons, the Clans have - had - been under the control of an outside force calling themselves Asylum. They arrived in the night and we awoke to claws to our throats. To protect ShadowClan, I surrendered to them and it seems each of the other Clans did as well."

His tail lashed as he pawed at the ground. "...I sent you away because I did not want you to suffer our fate. We had no freedom - we could not leave camp without an Asylum cat at our tail. A headstrong she-cat like you, Sparkfire...You would not have accepted it, I feel. The control they enforced. It would put you in danger, and I could not have that...And besides, it was not a way to raise a kit. But, recently, Asylum has come to an end. A few cats from each of the Clans and a pawful of betrayals from within has torn Asylum apart. They left the forest and we are still recovering..." He lifted his head, eyes shifting between the two she-cats and even the young kit at their paws. "So I've come to bring you three into ShadowClan, if you will forgive my previous actions."

TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Am I Waiting On a Leader?   Am I Waiting On a Leader? EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021 - 18:25

Sparkfire had managed to wake Honeysong up by the time Flintstar had entered the barn, and both mollies sat before him, willing to listen. Sparkfire heard more rustling a little into his explanation and knew that Softkit had awoken too. Whether it was by Flintstar's voice or scent, or the movements of his mothers, she wasn't sure. She listened on, staring at Flintstar unblinkingly, ready to catch even a flicker of dishonesty in the tom's eyes. But they were full of truth and sincerity. It dawned on Sparkfire that the unknown cat that had accompanied Flintstar's patrol the day they waited at the edge of ShadowClan's territory must have been an Asylum cat. Now it all made sense. Flintstar had sent them away to protect them.

She gave her tail one quick lash, but her frustration was short-lived. She didn't need anyone else to protect her. However, Flintstar had a point: her refusal to bow down to any other cat but her leader would have put her Clan in danger. And, with how unsafe it all sounded, it would have been no place to raise a kit, as Flintstar pointed out.

Once the tom finished his explanation and offered his invitation to them to return to ShadowClan together, Sparkfire said nothing for a long while. Now, instead of thinking about what Flintstar had done, she thought about what she had done to the Clan. She had abandoned ShadowClan in pursuit of her own goals, and her Clan had fallen into the claws of the Asylum cats. Could she have found a way to prevent such a drastic change of events if she had remained loyal? Probably ... but probably not. Flintstar had other very capable warriors on his side, but he still decided to submit to the Asylum cats anyway. Sparkfire realized that, with or without her there, the events would have played out the same. Maybe even worse, with her hot-headed attitude.

Sparkfire briefly thought about turning down Flintstar's offer to return to ShadowClan, if only to punish herself for betraying her Clan the way she did. But she knew that she wouldn't just be punishing herself. She'd rob ShadowClan of three new warriors. Honeysong and Softkit wouldn't get the safety and care they deserved. And, deep down, Flintstar wanted his sister to return to him, she knew.

Finally, after many moments of deliberation, Sparkfire rose up to her paws. Then she bowed her head respectfully to Flintstar, just as any cat would to their Clan leader. After all, he was her leader. "We accept your offer, Flintstar." She looked back up at her brother, unable to hide a delighted twinkle in her eyes as she gazed at her littermate fondly. She had missed him.

Remembering that she wasn't the only cat standing before Flintstar, Sparkfire turned her head to look at her mate and kit. She gestured with her nose to them in turn as she introduced them to Flintstar. "Flintstar, I would like to introduce you to Honeysong, my mate. You may have recognized her from Gatherings; she used to be SkyClan's medicine cat. She has since left SkyClan to be with me. And this is Softkit." She gestured to the young kit next, who was still curled up next to Honeysong. "We found him abandoned in Twolegplace. We knew we couldn't just abandon him."

Honeysong glanced away from Sparkfire to look up at Flintstar, and Sparkfire could see her teal eyes flash with uncertainty. She also saw the cream-colored molly pulling Softkit closer to her belly with a hind paw, as if instinctually trying to protect him from any harm his brother wished to cause them. "H-Hello," she stammered, trying to sound confident, yet the tremble in her voice gave away how nervous she was.

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
SillySunshine

SillySunshine

Characters : (S)oftkit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Am I Waiting On a Leader?   Am I Waiting On a Leader? EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021 - 18:44

Softkit didn't say a word, staring up at the tom warily. He not-so-discreetly inched backwards into his mother's side. The tom looked mean, with strong, lean muscles and long, sharp claws. However, for all the fear the kit felt looking at him, all he could see within the leader's eyes was kindness. The feeling of his heart in his throat eased, and Softkit choked out a greeting. Or at least attempted to. "I-I, uh.... hi..." The kit murmured, averting his eyes.

My Active Cats

Current Events

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Am I Waiting On a Leader?   Am I Waiting On a Leader? EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021 - 19:09

Flintstar stood there, ridged as he waited for an answer from Sparkfire. Finally, his sister spoke - and agreed to return with them. A sigh of relief escaped him, the smallest traces of a smile forming at his muzzle. He opened his mouth to say something but was stopped as Sparkfire introduced the others. Honeysong, her mate. Oh...! Good for her, he suppose. But an ex-medicine cat...The ties to SkyClan wasn't a problem but ShadowClan already had a medicine cat and he doubt Rookfire would be content with somebody taking his spot. Hm... And then, Softkit, who squeaked out a soft greeting. "Hello there, little one. Its...Nice to meet you," he murmured, dipping his head to the kit before he glanced between the two she-cats. "And that is no problem - both Honeysong and Softkit may have a place within ShadowClan with you. But...I do have to ask, Honeysong, what do you see your role being?" he questioned, tilting his head. "We have our own medicine cat. I'm sure some arrangement with Rookfire could be reached, or do you wish to try your paw in being a warrior? Or...We can find something else, you do not need to fight if that isn't for you but don't wish to hold the burden of being a medicine cat," he added, recalling the agreement he had reached with Thalia. If the ex-medicine cat didn't wish to return to her duties or be a warrior, as long as she could be of some help he was certain he could find a place for her.

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Am I Waiting On a Leader?   Am I Waiting On a Leader? EmptyThu 1 Apr 2021 - 0:55

Honeysong lightly flinched when Flintstar's attention was shifted to her. Under any other circumstances, just the sight of Honeysong looking so nervous would have led Sparkfire to defend her. But she knew Flintstar: he would never wish any harm upon any cat, especially his own Clanmates. She supposed her mate was just going to have to get used to the more intimidating cats of ShadowClan, as opposed to her gentler friends from SkyClan. She caught Honeysong's eye when she shot a quick, nervous glance her way, and she acknowledged it with an encouraging nod.

Honeysong took in a shaky breath before forcing herself to look Flintstar in the eye, giving her response to his question, albeit quietly. "I-I never wanted to be a warrior, even as a kit. That's why I had chosen the path of a medicine cat in the first place. But ... I know that medicine cats can't have mates or kits...." She looked up at Sparkfire, then down at Softkit. Rasping her tongue gently between the kit's ears once, she looked back up at the ShadowClan leader. "My purpose is to care for and nurture the cats around me, but I cannot do that as a medicine cat. So ... p-perhaps I could help the nursing queens in the nursery instead? I can help, um ... Rookfire care for the kits, even if I won't be his apprentice. Would ... that be okay, Flintstar?" She gazed up at the leader with pleading eyes, and Sparkfire looked up at him as well, curious to hear his response.

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Am I Waiting On a Leader?   Am I Waiting On a Leader? EmptyFri 2 Apr 2021 - 14:00

Flintstar listened softly as Honeysong spoke, blinking at the whole 'medicine cats can't have mate.' ...Ah, he knew he had forgotten something. He personally didn't have a problem with it but he suppose if she didn't want to break that code, then so be it. As she offered up being a queen instead. He nodded his head, turning with a grand gesture of his tail. "Of course, a queen of ShadowClan you will be. All I ask of my Clanmates is that they find some way to be useful - and you will find much use in that role, I'm assured. You will never have to take the role of a warrior again if you do you not desire it. Now, we should get you three to the camp and settled in. Reintroduce you all to the Clan." He had started taking steps toward the entrance of the barn but came to a stop, pausing for a few heartbeats before he turned to look at Sparkfire. "And...Its...Its wonderful to see you again, sister," he meowed, the faintest traces of a smile at his muzzle. "Truly. Come, you must see how our family has grown and hear the story of how our freedom was earned - it was quite unexpected." He jerked his head in the motion for them to follow, padding from the den. "All of our Clanmates will be thrilled you meet you both!"

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I Waiting On a Leader?   Am I Waiting On a Leader? Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I Waiting On a Leader?
Page 1 of 1