Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowkit
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3056

Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices] Empty
PostSubject: Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices]   Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices] EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 9:27 pm

Dawnhawk had gotten up early and rounded up the three apprentices that he had named recently. His own apprentice, Sparkpaw, along with Flashpaw and Leafpaw would be coming with him today to the Great Ridge. He ordered Asylum cats to inform their mentors of who they were with once they were awake, but not to say where. He didn't want to be disturbed, not that Sunflower of all cats would go after his apprentice. Flowerthorn however seemed to enjoy being defiant. No doubt she would worry for her childrens' safety... as she should. Dawnhawk would give her plenty of time to sweat, to maybe think about what words she allowed to spew out of her insolent mouth. Was Dawnhawk going to hurt the apprentices? Probably not, but stranger things had happened. He gave none of the apprentices any context as to where they were going or why he wanted them to come. Just some vague explanation of a way to further train Sparkpaw as well as give them some benefit to their own training... which was not entirely a lie.

He lead them through Skyclan territory and to the Great Ridge that overlooked Twoleg place as well as had a lot of various terrain options. There were rocky ledges, hills, trees... lots of different terrain to choose from for the assignment that he would be giving the three of them. Nightstriker guards followed them as always and were ready to force Flashpaw to keep following if they had to. If necessary, they would scruff him and carry him along, though Dawnhawk made it clear that if they hurt the apprentice, they would face his wrath.

"Okay... children..." Dawnhawk set himself on fairly flat, even ground and turned to face them. "First off, I want the three of you to take a good look around you. Note your surroundings, even down to the smallest rocks or roots that stick up out of the ground." He gave them a moment to look before he continued. "When fighting, it's important to try to use the terrain to your advantage just as much as it is to know how to fight to begin with. Sparkpaw helped kill a weasel just a few days ago. I don't know what either of your mentors has done with you, as I have been busy with my own apprentice." Dawnhawk's eyes went to Leafpaw. "Is there anything anyone wants to share before we get started?" He was mostly waiting to hear if Sunflower had done his job as a mentor or not, though he doubted it highly. If Leafpaw had any complaints, or even Flashpaw, they could say it now. Or brag about something they've done, for all he cared. He would make the beginning of this little game sweet... before it potentially got sour.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowkit | Skyclan | Kit #996699 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderpaw, [T]Thistlekit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2296

PostSubject: Re: Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices]   Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices] EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 3:25 pm

Flashpaw's pelt was bristling as he followed Dawnhawk to wherever it was the traitor was leading him. He tried to keep close to his siblings. Finding comfort in their presence, although that did not make him hate this situation any less. Anywhere with Dawnhawk is a place he wanted to be as far from as possible.

As Dawnhawk asked if there was anything they wanted to share, he had to bite his tongue to avoid mentioning the eagle. His goal was not to outshine Sparkpaw, it was to downgrade Dawnhawk. "First of all, we are not children, we are apprentices." He hissed through gritted teeth as he glared at his brother's so-called mentor.

"I find it funny how you use the word "help" too. I doubt you even lifted a paw, Sparkpaw probably did all the work! He's already a better warrior than you could ever be, and he just became an apprentice!" Turning around, he gave a confident smirk to his brother, his eyes blazing with the rage Dawnhawk filled him with whenever he was around. The words may have been said out of anger, but he believed every word.

Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices] SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | #4E5A64
Adderpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #99b586 (Forest) #1e5c2f (Feral) (Not Pictured)
Thistlekit | WindClan Kit | #c0673a (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

Characters : D(D)rizzlekit-Male // C(C)ricketkit-Male // S(S)parkpaw-Male
Clan/Rank : (D)Kit-RC // (C)Kit-TC // (S)Apprentice-SkC
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 251

PostSubject: Re: Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices]   Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices] EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 8:06 pm

Sparkpaw's ears were pinned uncomfortably against his head. What was the point of Dawnhawk bringing them all out here? Surely the older tom knew of his littermate's intense dislike, hatred even, for him? He padded close to Flashpaw's side, allowing his pelt to brush against the other apprentice's. He took some solace in the fact that they would be together for this venture. He found his time with his mentor to be awkward at best and insufferable at worst. There were times when he could conceal his distrust and fervent distaste for Dawnhawk. Then again, there were also times in which he thought he could see a glimmer of a good, devoted warrior shine through.

The Nightstrikers following from a safe distance always gave Sparkpaw cause for alarm. He wasn't sure if it was the sheer force under those animals' pelts or the gazes glinting with malice. today, they were lucky, it seemed, and the guards looked like the more good-mannered type. As was typical of Dawnhawk. Sometimes, Sparkpaw thought the traitor was just trying to put on a good face to convince him he wasn't a total monster. It didn't work...most of the time.

Pale green eyes flickered to Flashpaw, who'd decided now was a good time to speak his mind. Sparkpaw frowned. Dawnhawk and the guards were more powerful than the three of them combined. It wouldn't be wise to get on the golden tom's nerves. "Flashpaw...it might be better if we tread carefully. If things go wrong, who knows what those 'Nightstrikers' will do." Sparkpaw was purposefully playing toward his brother's dislike for the Asylum by being more outward in his dislike. He typically kept his opinion to himself when Dawnhawk was around but in this case, it would be best if he got Flashpaw to play along. "Flowerthorn and Foxfire would be devastated if something happened to us way out here..."

Dawnhawk wasn't a cat he wanted to cross. That much he was certain of when he saw how he'd gutted that weasel a few days ago. Switching his attention to his mentor, Sparkpaw sat down, allowing himself a moment to relax before they started whatever it was Dawnhawk had in mind. He surveyed the area, taking note of every root and stone he saw. There were a few good spots he could see which held some potential for a quick escape route. Though, it really all depended on their task.
Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Characters : Basskit / Fuzzybelly
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan T3 Medicine Cat / ShadowClan Kit / T1 Loner / WindClan Elder
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 503

PostSubject: Re: Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices]   Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices] EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 9:01 pm

Leafpaw walked nervously with Dawnhawk and her brothers. Sunflower and her hadn't really done much work together yet, and she was anxious about what that traitor was up to.

"Sunflower's been... busy. I haven't seen much of him lately."

She turned to Flashpaw. Despite him voicing a lot of things she happened to agree with, she knew that it was not the time.

"You're going to get us skinned," she hissed, rolling her eyes at Flashpaw. "Though I doubt he's that stupid." Leafpaw giggled, adding, "Mom would kill him."

Sparkpaw seemed nervous like she was, and that made her even more uneasy.

I swear to StarClan, Dawnhawk. If you hurt my brother, I will make an example out of you. Even if that comes at the cost of my life.

Leafpaw bristled as the wind blew past. Leafbare was cruel and it had barely began. Even the pine trees sighed in the cold. She took in a deep breath, the cold hitting the back of her throat, and she felt at one with the field and trees around her. Each blow of the wind, she felt herself sway with it, and each leaf passing by, noting the sounds they made when they landed. It was a lot of information to take in, and it almost made the she-cat's head hurt.

She directed her attention to the older tom. "So, Dawnhawk. Why did you decide to bring us on a tour?"
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices]   Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices] EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 11:31 pm

Flashpaw spoke first, as Dawnhawk figured he would. Nothing but hissing, spitting venom and insults from the young tom... as expected. Dawnhawk eyed the young tom coolly, but said nothing at first, allowing the other apprentices to speak as well. Once they were done, his eyes went back to Flashpaw and he offered the young tom a lazy half smile. "I see you have your mother's intelligence." And that was the end of it. A veiled insult that he wasn't sure Flashpaw would even grasp. He looked at the other two, dismissing the emotionally charged tom for now. "I'd never put my claws to an apprentice. Calm down." Specifically looking at Leafpaw, Dawnhawk frowned and flexed his claws into the dirt.

"I owe you an apology for assigning Sunflower to you. I'm sorry." He took in a breath and withdrew the hooks on the ends of his toes. "Sunflower was my mother's mentor too and she complained of his cowardice a few times even after she became a warrior. I hoped my threat would have been enough to motivate him, but clearly he either doesn't believe me or he thinks whatever he finds in the forest is scarier than me. I'll be addressing this soon. Until then, if you'd like to come with me to learn to hunt and fight I will gladly show you how, in place of your mentor."

Dawnhawk nodded once in assurance to Leafpaw before he again, focused his gaze on them as a whole to address them. A short chuckle escaped his lips. Why did he bring them here? They were about to find out.

"Do you think there is anything that is said in this forest that I don't hear?" He spoke ominously with a gleam in his eye. "Mistykit is still a kit because I haven't decided on a mentor for them quite yet. However... the three of you are apprentices now." Dawnhawk looked especially hard at Flashpaw on the word "apprentices" with a mocking "Ooooooo" expression. As if being an apprentice was different from being a child. "I seem to recall a conversation about... Mistykit, Leafpaw and Flashpaw taking me down or something along those lines. Well... here is your chance." Dawnhawk dropped into a fighting stance, spreading his feet evenly apart in a near perfect rectangle. He bent his elbows and knees and balanced his weight evenly across all four of his paws. Dropping his chin to his chest and rotating his ears flat against his head, he fixed them all in a serious glare.

"I know at least one of you detests me," He glanced at Flashpaw. "I doubt the other two of you have much praise in reserve for me, but that's fine. I said I wouldn't use my claws on apprentices and I meant it. We will fight, all three of you against me. Feel free to use your claws, teeth and all of your strength and skill at your disposal. I won't be needing mine." He let this information sink in before he continued. "If you win... I will take the asylum cats that I have authority over and we will leave. If I win, you stop questioning me and the Asylum. The nightstrikers will not interfere or I will liberate their eyes and ears from their faces." Dawnhawk's eyes flashed briefly to his guards, whom looked at eachother and back to Dawnhawk before backing several fox-lengths away. They would not interfere.

"Go ahead, apprentices... make your decision."

Dawnhawk
No attack made
75HP / 200SP

Flashpaw
20HP / 80SP

Leafpaw
20HP / 80SP

Sparkpaw
20HP / 80SP

NOTE: I asked staff if 3 vs 1 would be permitted if all of the players agreed to it. It has been approved already. However, the restrictions on special moves still applies. See the Battle System Rules for more information.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices]   Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices] EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 8:35 pm

Flashpaw grumbled as his siblings chastised him for speaking out. Flowerthorn was outspoken! Still, they made a strong argument, so Flashpaw bit his tongue. He was stubborn, not stupid. And speaking of stupid, he was pretty sure Dawnhawk had just called his mother just that. He had to force his pelt to lie flat, digging his claws into the ground. Glaring at Dawnhawk, he saw red.

The corners of his mouth turned upward as Dawnhawk mentioned the fight. He had just given him permission to attack, tooth and claw, without risking the safety of his siblings. Perfect.

He didn't wait for Dawnhawk to finish speaking as he charged forward, aiming to bowl the so-called "warrior" over. He didn't care about no deal. He just wanted to sink his teeth into this poor excuse of a cat's pelt.

Flashpaw used Run And Tackle, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Dawnhawk
69/75 HP
200/200 SP

Flashpaw
20/20 HP
70/80 SP

Leafpaw
20/20 HP
80/80 SP

Sparkpaw
20/20 HP
80/80 SP

Art by Copperbeanz

Adderpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #99b586 (Forest) #1e5c2f (Feral) (Not Pictured)

Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices]   Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices] EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 8:58 pm

Sparkpaw smiled lightly at his sister, glad that she was somewhat on his side about remaining calm. Flashpaw was a bit of a reckless soul in Sparkpaw's experience so it was good there were two of them to keep him in check. It was just a shame their other sister wasn't here with them. He flicked his ears back at Dawnhawk's proposal, casting an incredulous glance at Leafpaw. He didn't quite believe his mentor. He had to have something in store for them if he was making such an offer. Dawnhawk obviously believed in his abilities as a 'warrior' if he was willing to challenge three cats. All of them were apprentices, but that didn't change the fact that it wasn't a fight that would be on even ground. At least, as far as Sparkpaw could see. He'd not seen the full extent of Dawnhawk's abilities, only a few moves when they'd fought the weasel together. He narrowed his pale green eyes, suspicious. This could be the perfect excuse to get rid of the three of them. Dawnhawk only had to claim that they'd attacked him with malice in mind and he'd merely been defending himself. Sparkpaw wasn't sure how well an excuse like that would work on Skyclan but he didn't want to risk it.

In all honesty, this would be an excellent opportunity to get rid of the Asylum cats in Skyclan...Sparkpaw wasn't sure he wanted to pass that up. There would be minimal bloodshed if they managed to win. Even if they lost, what would Dawnhawk do? It wasn't as if this would ruin his chances of getting close to his mentor, right? He could find some way to explain himself. Probably. The fluffy apprentice's tail flicked back and forth, anxiety working at his nerves.

The white and orange tabby turned to express his concerns with his littermates when suddenly, Flashpaw bolted forward. Sparkpaw gave a cry of surprise and watched, frozen as his brother tackled Dawnhawk. It only took a moment before his hackles raised. Mousebrain! Now I have to put myself in the middle of this! He bunched the muscled in his legs and pelted forward, tail low to the ground and hear pinned back against his head. Hopefully, Leafpaw would come to their aid. For now, all Sparkpaw knew was that he needed to help his brother. He darted under Dawnhawk at the opening given to him thanks to Flashpaw and raked at his pale yellow belly with unsheathed claws. Sparkpaw grimaced and moved to dart away. Despite Dawnhawk saying he wouldn't use his claws or teeth, Sparkpaw didn't want to take his chances with being squished under the heavier cat.

Sparkpaw used Belly Rake, dealing 7 damage, and costing 10 stamina.

Dawnhawk
62/75 HP (-7HP)
200/200 SP

Flashpaw
20/20 HP
70/80 SP

Leafpaw
20/20 HP
80/80 SP

Sparkpaw
20/20 HP
70/80 SP (-10SP)
Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Clan/Rank : ShadowClan T3 Medicine Cat / ShadowClan Kit / T1 Loner / WindClan Elder
Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices]   Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices] EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 9:12 pm

That’s quite the deal you’re making,” Leafpaw replied, raising an eyebrow. Before she could process the implications of Dawnhawk’s words, Leafpaw watched her brothers leap at the chance to fight, which left her scrambling.

Great StarClan, these guards will have our pelts!

She watched Sparkpaw deliver a skillful belly attack. She leaped from her position towards Dawnhawk’s face, attempting to spook the tom or at least daze him for long enough not to attack her brothers. She unsheathed her claws and slashed towards his face, snarling.

For SkyClan!

Leafpaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage, and costing 10 stamina.

Dawnhawk
56/75 HP (-6HP)
200/200 SP

Flashpaw
20/20 HP
70/80 SP

Leafpaw
20/20 HP
70/80 SP (-10 SP)

Sparkpaw
20/20 HP
70/80 SP
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices]   Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices] EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 10:34 pm

If Dawnhawk had any less self control he would have howled his head off in laughter at the sight of three apprentices charging at him. They actually did it! They were taking the bait. It wasn't surprising at all that Flashpaw did, as the apprentice was almost 100% emotional energy. He wasn't surprised at Sparkpaw either, but Leafpaw he'd wondered about. Dawnhawk barely suppressed an involuntary "aaawwwww" of endearment when her high-pitched, young she-cat's voice yowled "For Skyclan!". She was actually kind of adorable. Such a shame that he had planned to take her out first.

Flashpaw charged him and threw all of his weight and strength into a single attack... that for some reason was devoid of any claws or teeth. How big did this young tom think he was?? Dawnhawk dropped a shoulder and took the blow full force. The apprentice collided into him and sent a small ripple through Dawnhawk's well-muscled shoulder, but the larger tom remained standing. He had already made himself nearly impossible to bowl over with his well-balanced stance. Still, Flashpaw had kept Dawnhawk's attention long enough for Sparkpaw to slide under him and more or less velcro to his stomach.

The sharp pricks on his belly made Dawnhawk wince and his lips peeled back a bit, revealing the tips of his fangs. Still, a swell of pride eased it's way into Dawnhawk as well. He had picked the smartest of the brothers for his own apprentice it seemed. He even had the good sense to get away so Dawnhawk couldn't just crush him to death. Then came the she-cat. Her claws went for his face... and to that she lost all of her "cuteness" that she had earlier. Dawnhawk could tolerate a lot... but he did not like his face touched. He ducked his head beneath her claws and instead felt a sharp scratch across his head, which wasn't his face but was still close enough. The scratch was superficial, only being from an apprentice's claws after all.

Now that he had the three brats within range, he cast a smug look at Flashpaw. You're the one in the most dire need of an education... I shall save you for last. Watch as I beat your siblings, young tom. Learn how powerless you are. Dawnhawk's attention suddenly spun to Leafpaw and he brought a paw around to her. He kept his promise and kept his claws sheathed. His goal was not to draw blood on the young cats, but merely to allow them to see his raw strength alone... they could imagine his claws at the ends of those blows if they wished.

"You may disengage at any time. I will not pursue you if you decide not to continue." He said calmly, despite the very real fighting that the apprentices were throwing at him.

Dawnhawk used Front Paw Blow on Leafpaw, dealing 11 damage and -5SP

Dawnhawk
56HP / 195SP (-5SP)

Flashpaw
20HP / 70SP

Sparkpaw
20HP / 70SP

Leafpaw
9HP / 70SP (-11HP)

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Last edited by Tara on Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I did not realize Front Paw Blow only cost 5 SP. I thought it was -10. So anyway I fixed it :))
Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices]   Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices] EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 11:02 pm

Leafpaw let out a harsh “Oof!” as she thudded to the ground. Dawnhawk almost made it look like he was a kit going after a beetle or something. And the unfortunate beetle was her.

He hits... hard,” she said, panting, scrambling to her paws. He didn’t even use claws, which frightened her a little more. Is this how warriors are by the time they’re done training?

You can do whatever you want to me, but do not hurt my brothers!

They might be completely mouse-brained, but they’re my brothers!

She knew that if he hit her like that again, she would be done for. She didn’t have any battle training yet, so she was perhaps the most ill-equipped of the lot. I hope that they can do better than me...

She decided to try to copy Flashpaw and charge towards Dawnhawk’s face, bouncing from his side towards his flank, right by the rib cage.

Leafpaw used Run and Tackle, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina!

Dawnhawk
50/75 HP (-6HP)
200/200 SP

Flashpaw
20/20 HP
70/80 SP

Leafpaw
9/20 HP
60/80 SP (-10 SP)

Sparkpaw
20/20 HP
70/80 SP
Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices]   Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices] EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 2:16 pm

As Dawnhawk hit Leafpaw, Flashpaw saw red, and he let out a furious yowl as he charged again. The young tom felt responsible for his siblings, and he hated for them to get hurt. It was this reason that he looked at them with pleading eyes when Dawnhawk offered for them to disengage. He knew very well that Dawnhawk’s quarrel was with him, not his siblings. And he hated for them to be caught in the crossfire just because of his impulsive behavior.

That being said, he was also not about to back down. It was no secret that he resented Dawnhawk thanks to what his mother had taught him. And now it was personal. Dawnhawk had gone after his family. And Flashpaw was not about to let him get away with that. ”I want to see you cower.” He hissed, low and menacing, or as menacing as an apprentice could be, at least. I want to see you cower with fear, terror in your eyes before you take your Asylum cats and run back to wherever you came from. If I let you get that far.” Once the threat was said, he lashed out, claws raking his muzzle. Never before had he been as mad as he was then.

Flashpaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Dawnhawk
44/75 HP
200/200 SP

Flashpaw
20/20 HP
60/80 SP

Leafpaw
9/20 HP
60/80 SP

Sparkpaw
20/20 HP
70/80 SP

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices]   Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices] EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 9:04 pm

It wasn't a surprise to say that Sparkpaw was immensely glad that he'd not been crushed under Dawnhawk's heavier form. He darted to the side to further the distance between himself and Dawnhawk as he recovered his balance. His fur puffed up and his pupils constricted at the sight of his sister being thrown aside like a bug. He lashed his tail and, ignoring Flashpaw's obvious wish for him to step aside, threw himself back into the fray. If he got hurt, so be it. He wouldn't stand on the side and watch a cat, mentor or not, toy with his littermates!

The ginger tom knew of his mentor's hatred for scars, especially near his face decided to be...kind? Maybe? In a split-second act of...whatever it was, Sparkpaw circled around to Dawnhawk's backside and using the momentum from moving, slashed his claws down from Dawnhawk's hip to the bend in his back leg. He tried to make the scratch shallow enough not to scar in the future, but hopefully, it would hurt enough to divert the older tom's attention from his brother and sister.

Sparkpaw lowered his paw and backed away, a snarl in his throat. He wouldn't fight until his body gave out. If Dawnhawk landed one of his heavy blows up him, he might rather back out than keep fighting. If the ex-warrior tunneled visioned Leafpaw, Sparkpaw might have a different opinion. But so long as the three of them managed to swerve away from any more of those harsh hits, they'd be okay. Though, it all depends on how the battle goes from here. There's really no point in trying to predict the future. Especially not during a fight. The apprentice shook his head, refocusing on the fight.

Sparkpaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Dawnhawk
38/75 HP (-6HP)
200/195 SP

Flashpaw
20/20 HP
60/80 SP

Leafpaw
9/20 HP
60/80 SP

Sparkpaw
20/20 HP
60/80 SP (-10SP)
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices]   Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices] EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 9:48 pm

Dawnhawk listened to the apprentices speak, noting he definitely knocked the wind out of the she-cat. He was pleased to see her return fire, not giving in just because of a bit of pain. That was good. Skyclan didn't need anymore cowards. She ran toward him and threw her weight against his flank, which was a smarter decision than her brother had made when he used the same move. Admittedly, Dawnhawk had to exhale his breath quickly like a boxer taking a hit to avoid internal damage. Flashpaw began speaking, and the pale tom's ear rotated in his direction to listen.

"I helped kill a dog six times the size of my father, little apprentice." Dawnhawk's eye settled on him for a moment and a small, malicious smirk crept across his maw. "I didn't cower then. I certainly will not cower to a few mouse-brained, inexperienced children such as yourselves." Flashpaw darted in for a slash on his muzzle, and Dawnhawk again dropped his head to avoid it and took another light scratch across the top of his head.

Sparkpaw, the only one smart enough to not speak while focusing on a battle, zipped around behind him and slashed Dawnhawk's thigh. Purposely not going for my face? Well done... you may have saved yourself from some scarring of your own. Dawnhawk then returned to his original plan and reached out to strike Leafpaw. He brought his paw back and whirled it around toward her head, aiming this time to hit her hard enough for a knockout. His claws remained sheathed, as he had no desire to peel the flesh from her cute little face.

For now.

As his paw collided into her, quite possibly hard enough to yank her off of her feet, he chuckled darkly and turned his eyes back to Flashpaw.

"Well you failed to protect your sister. How sad. Let's see if you can save your brother!" Dawnhawk's attention then focused on Sparkpaw, malevolence dancing in his fiery blue gaze.

Dawnhawk used Front Paw Blow on Leafpaw, dealing 11 damage and -5SP

Dawnhawk
38HP / 190SP (-5SP)

Leafpaw
K.O.
-2HP / 60SP (-11HP)

Flashpaw
20HP / 60SP

Sparkpaw
20HP / 60SP

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices]   Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices] EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 2:21 pm

Dawnhawk’s paw slammed into her like a Twoleg monster on the Thunderpath. Leafpaw felt herself hit the ground, ribs first. A sharp metallic tang hit her mouth as she landed, and it was all that she could do to cough and open her eyes. She tried to stand up, but instead bottomed out like a kit learning how to walk. Leafpaw grunted, trying to get into her paws, and failing at that, helplessly watching her brothers.

Be careful,” she mewed, barely conscious, but with an uncharacteristic severity. She closed her eyes, breathing heavily, and it took her some time before getting up successfully. Leafpaw rigidly padded towards the medicine cat den, still tasting blood in her mouth and the pain in her rib cage.

Leafpaw has been Knocked Out!

Leafpaw used Disengage, using all of her remaining SP.

Flashpaw (20 HP/60 SP)
Sparkpaw (20 HP/60 SP)
Leafpaw (-2 HP/0 SP) KO
Dawnhawk (38 HP/190 SP)
Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices]   Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices] EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 10:30 pm

Sparkpaw released a startled hiss as he danced away from Dawnhawk. He wished he hadn't moved away because, by the time he saw The older tom's paw moving, it was too late to intervene. He watched helplessly as his sister was hurled to the ground. His jaw dropped open as she went still, but only for a moment before he noticed her stirring. The blow was a strong one and had likely knocked the breath out of her. Without wasting any time, the orange and white apprentice bolted to stand in front of Leafpaw, putting himself between his mentor and littermate. He hoped Dawnhawk wouldn't attack even if she was down, but decided to treat this 'mock' battle as if it were a real one. He lashed his tail, blocking the way to Leafpaw as she made her way out of their vicinity. Hopefully to get checked up on by Beechface.

They were going to lose. Sparkpaw was keenly aware of this fact, however, he wanted to give this battle his all. This wasn't only a matter of freeing Skyclan, that option passed the moment Leafpaw hit the ground. Now, this was about impressing Dawnhawk. If he couldn't beat the yellow tom, he'd very well try his hardest. Sparkpaw glanced to the side. Once his sister was out of the area, he ducked his head close to his chest and flung himself to Dawnhawk's right. He brought his claws down over the tom's pelt as he went and hoped not to get caught like Leafpaw. Dawnhawk wouldn't draw blood. At least, not on purpose. So Sparkpaw wasn't afraid of that. His mentor had thus far not proven himself to be particularly cruel. He seemed to be one to honor his words, given the fact that he'd not used his claws against them just yet.

Sparkpaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Dawnhawk
32HP / 190SP (-6HP)

Leafpaw
K.O.
-2HP / 0SP

Flashpaw
20HP / 60SP

Sparkpaw
20HP / 50SP (-10SP)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices]   Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices] Empty

Back to top Go down

Friends or Fiends [FlowerFox Apprentices]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next