Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 7:27 pm

The camp was quieter than Wolfstar had ever seen it, almost as if the clan was scared to talk, scared to live their lives under the watchful eye of the Nightstrikers. So far, living with the Asylum cats hadn't proven terribly difficult. Yes, they were everywhere, and yes, Wolfstar still wanted to spill their blood every time he thought of Bloodstrike, but for the most part, they held their own, hunted for their own food, and protected the territory. He could see how they had managed to assimilate so many other groups of cats with their honeyed lies and dutifulness... but this forest, and SkyClan, was full of warriors... and they would not be cowed so easily, of that Wolfstar was sure. He'd managed so far to avoid further bloodshed, but the moment these intruders let their guard down, there would be blood to pay.

Ignoring the eyes of the Nightstrikers who followed him everywhere, Wolfstar scaled to the leader's den and stood at the entrance, raising his voice. "Let all SkyClan cats old enough to climb a tree gather before me for a clan meeting!"
Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3021

PostSubject: Re: Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 9:58 pm

Copperpaw practically cantered over to where Wolfstar was and sat down with an impressive thump for a cat that was below average in height. Speaking was still hard for him, so his body language was the only way he could show how happy he was that Wolfstar was back. Despite the shadows lurking around him, his eyes were bright and his expression was cheerful. Someone had to be. He wasn't the bravest cat in Skyclan, but maybe he could lift everyone else's mood if he tried to be chipper himself.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 12:18 am

There were far more bodies than usual in the camp, but Wolfstar ignored the excess as he focused on his grandson's copper-striped pelt, managing a tight smile. He inclined his head to the tom, and then spoke again. "Copperpaw, please step forward," there was a moment following these words that he waited, expecting that one of the rogue cats would step in, stop him from finishing the ceremony... he knew that the Asylum hated the idea of StarClan - or, at least, Dawnhawk did... but he continued nonetheless. "We are gathered here today to present a clanmate, Copperpaw, with his warrior name and rank. I, Wolfstar, leader of SkyClan, call upon our warrior ancestors to look down upon this apprentice. He has trained hard to learn the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn. Copperpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?"
Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 12:32 am

Copperpaw glanced around briefly at the extra shadows around the camp, wondering if they would step in. They scared him. Still.... this had to be done. No matter what happens, Skyclan's traditions had to continue. His heart raced and his breathing quickened. He had to answer. He would answer. He took in a deep breath to steel his nerves. If I die... I die.

"I do." He spoke. His voice was rough from lack of use but he sounded like a mature tom. His voice had deepened considerably during his time of silence. His voice sounded odd, even to him. He didn't dare look around, but he listened for any sounds of pawsteps. So far he heard none.

That was the first time he had spoken in moons. He hoped no one else thought his voice sounded as strange to them as it did to him.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 12:44 am

Wolfstar had expected a gesture, a nod, anything other than the surprising, out-of-the-blue verbal affirmation that his grandson offered. He blinked stupidly for a moment, unprepared, and then a wide grin spread over his features, happiness making him momentarily forget the bitterness that had practically ingrained itself into his personality.

Clearing his throat from the unexpected surge of emotion, Wolfstar nodded. "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name: Copperfox, SkyClan honors your intelligence and good heart. Congratulations, and may StarClan guide your paws to be the best warrior you can be in these trying times."
Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 1:18 am

Copperpaw had done it. He had faced his fears and spoke... it wasn't as scary for him as he thought it would be. The anticipation of speaking had been far worse than actually doing it. It was time for him to being speaking again, now more than ever. The Asylum was already trying to silence his clan, he couldn't remain silent while everyone else's voices were being choked out. Still... he was startled by the name that Wolfstar had given him. Copper...fox? Here he was making strides, trying to psychologically recover from his muteness... and he was given a name like that? He stared for a moment, unsure of what to think.

I can't be scared anymore... He thought to himself. I will accept this name. I will wear it with pride. If the thing that made me go silent is now apart of me... how could I possibly fear it? With his resolve in his heart, Copperfox smiled and nodded in gratitude.

"Thank you, Wolfstar." His voice was scratchy and the vibrations from his vocal chords in his throat were foreign to him, but he vowed that he would get used to them. "I vow to be strong for my clan. I will not be afraid anymore." He hoped he could keep his promise.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5683

PostSubject: Re: Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 2:59 pm

Wolfstar calling a clan meeting wasn't entirely unexpected, but Smokefeather still felt her fur prickle with unease as rogue eyes also turned to watch. They had no right to be here, just as Dawnhawk had no right to perform apprentice ceremonies.

Copperpaw being called forward also wasn't as surprising as some might have thought. Quiet introversion and fear aside, he was as strong as any other Skyclan cat. He learned quickly, and Smokefeather allowed a smile to cross her face as her son and now former apprentice stepped forward. Her smile only broadened as he spoke the words. She'd hardly heard him speak for moons, his voice was rusty from disuse... And she winced at the new name Wolfstar gave her son. What was with the absolutely mousebrained toms in the clan who were somehow allowed to pick names? She and Blossomstep were going to need to call an intervention soon. This simply couldn't be allowed to continue for much longer.

Copperfox. Smokefeather didn't know if she'd have given him a name that was a stark reminder of the very thing that had caused his trauma, but it was done.

"Copperfox! Copperfox!" She joined the clan in chanting her son's new name, expression quickly warming once more. Her son would make a fine warrior.

"I'm so proud of you, Copperfox. You've earned this." Smokefeather padded over as the chanting began to die down a bit, a purr rumbling in her chest as she rested her chin against the top of her former apprentice's head for a moment before stepping back.

Beechface stepped forward as well, playfully shoving past her mother with a loud purr, fluffy tail curling over Copperfox's back.

"I'm proud of you, little brother."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Copperpaw's Warrior Ceremony
Page 1 of 1