Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Petrified Sparring [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stormy

Stormy

Characters : [S]tormpaw, [D]owntuft, [So]ftbreeze*, [Sh]yfawn
Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey
Number of posts : 1144

Petrified Sparring [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Petrified Sparring [closed]   Petrified Sparring [closed] EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 5:17 pm

Breath, Downtuft, you can do this. You got this. Trying to pep himself up, he shakily approached the Apprentice's den. While feeling a bit more sure of his mentoring skills, Downtuft was still as nervous as a rabbit in a fox's den. "Daypaw, Violetpaw? Come here! Uh, please?" Trying to seem friendly, yet confident, he fumbled, trying not to seem harsh. He inwardly groaned at his awkwardness.

Once the two she-cats were in front of him, Downtuft looked everywhere but at them. "We're, um, gonna be training today. Stump Lone-- I mean Lone Stump! Sparring-- yes! That's what you'll do! Now, uh, follow me? Yeah, that'll work, I'll uh, I'll lead the way." He sounded more like Daypaw than Downtuft now. Finchstar and Barleytuft were probably rolling over laughing right now. At the thought of his father, he missed a step and faultered, but carried on.

Now he could act like himself. When speaking of fighting techniques to his apprentices, it appeared he could actually speak! "Claws sheathed, one on one. If things get too rough, I'll break you up. This is just a mock battle, don't feel bad if you lose, there is no real winner. Think of it as a friendly spar, okay? I'll supervise from on the stump, and remember! No claws!"

I'll explain the battle system as a friendly reminder! Each cat has SP and HP. Every move requires a certain SP and a rank requirement. Some moves have special effects, while others don't! Here's an example of a mock battle!

Spoiler:

We fight with a turn based system. One person posts, and then the next. To keep things neat, add a little stats blurb to your post!
Eg:

Coolpaw:
15/20 hp
60/80 sp (-5)

Check the battle system and rank system to get more detailed explanations! Happy fighting~
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalpaw, deerkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc apprentice, wc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 1000

Petrified Sparring [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petrified Sparring [closed]   Petrified Sparring [closed] EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Daypaw lifted her head from where it was gingerly resting on her paws as Downtuft called her and Violetpaw. Training two apprentices at once was probably a difficult feat, and the apprentice had no idea how her mentor was handling it. Was he stressed? Did he enjoy it? She couldn't tell. She wasn't close friends with Violetpaw, but the apprentice was recognizable considering the fact that they had the same mentor. She gave her denmate a quick nod once they were out of the apprentice's den. This training session hadn't been planned, but Daypaw wasn't opposed to it. The only thing she was worried about was Downtuft. He didn't seem like himself at all. In fact, it was almost as if the two of them had switched personalities. The apprentice flicked her ear in slight confusion, but she stayed silent and made a mental note to ask her mentor about it later. If there was something that was troubling him, she wanted to help.

Daypaw obediently followed Downtuft. She had never been to this area of the territory before, but she liked the fact that it was secluded and quiet. While she prefered hunting over fighting, this was definitely a necessary skill, and sparring with one of her denmates to practice her skills was far more appealing than fighting an apprentice from an opposing Clan. The she-cat gave Violetpaw an awkward glance as she tried to figure out who would make the first move. She barely knew how to begin. It wouldn't seem right if she simply went up to the other apprentice and slapped a paw across her face. Her first move had to be good. Without needing to ask any questions, Daypaw locked onto her target and charged. She flung herself toward Violetpaw when she was close enough and tackled her opponent to the ground.
"Sorry, I hope that didn't hurt too much." She quickly apologized despite the fact that she was still holding on to the apprentice.

daypaw used "run-and-tackle" on violetpaw, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina.

daypaw
hp - 20/20
sp - 70/80

violetpaw
hp - 14/20
sp - 80/80

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalpaw sc app 』
deerkit wc kit 』
Back to top Go down

Petrified Sparring [closed]