Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Wildkit's Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Peridot

Number of posts : 1307

Wildkit's Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Wildkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Wildkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 15:57

At last, it was time for another ceremony. Olivestone retraced her steps up to the top of the Tallrock for the third time in recent memory, and as always, paused at the top to do a quick survey of her Clanmates below. The breeze blowing around her and through her fur was nice and cool against the warmth of the day, and she welcomed it.
Without further hesitation, she spoke.
"May all cats old enough to run the moor gather beneath the Tallrock!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wildkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Wildkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 16:35

Wildkit wondered at the wording of Olivestone's summons. Sure, they were the traditional words, and it would be a bit rude if she didn't use them, but she didn't technically run the moor yet, being confined to camp as she won. Still, she was old enough to do so, so she made her way to below the Tallrock, a smile peeking out of the corner of her mouth. It was her ceremony, right? The deputy did those, and recently, there'd been a lot of apprentice ceremonies. Being the oldest kit in the nursery, Wildkit figured it was her turn. She gave herself a second check as she waited for others to gather, glancing back at her pelt. Not a hair was out of place, and her short, speckled coat, was noticeably shiny, a result of a lot of grooming. Wildkit's gray-green gaze rose up to Olivestone. Her tail twitched hopefully as she waited for Olivestone to continue.
Back to top Go down
Peridot

PostSubject: Re: Wildkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Wildkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 17:26

The kit in question for this ceremony poked her head out of the nursery before padding further into the clearing to sit along with her Clanmates gathering below. When the crowd had grown enough to her liking, she continued the ceremony.
"Wildkit, step forward."

She gave she she-kit time to heed her words, and when she'd done so, Olivestone kept speaking.
"You have reached your sixth moon, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day forward, until you receive your warrior name, you shall be known as Wildpaw. I will take care of your training, and I will pass on all that I know to you."

Olivestone then hopped down to the ground, following the increasingly-familiar trail down. She padded up to the newly-named Wildpaw, and touched her nose to the younger cat's.
Turning to her Clanmates, she began the traditional chant.
"Wildpaw! Wildpaw! Wildpaw!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wildkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Wildkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 17:32

Wildkit exhaled, but she felt ready. She stepped up, meeting Olivestone's eyes. Her brows rose when her mentor was announced, and she gave Olivestone a bright smile. She was happy that her mentor was the deputy, and she'd already met Olivestone as a kit. Wildpaw reached out her neck and tapped noses with Olivestone, then turning around to give her chanting Clanmates a half smile. Her gaze returned to Olivestone. "When will training start?"
Back to top Go down
Peridot

PostSubject: Re: Wildkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Wildkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 22:11

Once the chanting died down, Olivestone turned to Wildpaw with a smile.
"We can begin as soon as you'd like. We can head out now, or if you'd like to take a day or so to get used to the idea of being an apprentice, we can always start tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wildkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Wildkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptySat 23 May 2020 - 4:27

Wildpaw flicked her tail, thinking. It’s still early in the day. Why not do it now? She nodded to Olivestone, twitching an ear. [color:5f83=70f157]“I-I mean, if you’re okay with it, then yeah, I’d like to start it now.” She stretched, claws scoring long marks in the ground, her tail curling, as she waited for Olivestone’s response. It was exciting to be an apprentice, the thing she’d fantasized about for so long. Her golden ringed fur ruffled out as she stood back up, shaking out her pelt.

Something is wrong with my font, I’m typing it correctly, it’s just doing weird things when I post?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wildkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Wildkit's Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Wildkit's Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1