Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

surprise summer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

surprise summer Empty
PostSubject: surprise summer   surprise summer EmptySat 2 May - 10:49

It had been a long time since Wolfcall'd wandered this close to Twolegplace. He always hunted in this general area when the clan was really in need of food - the Twolegs sometimes scattered seeds on the ground at the edge of the treeline, and that made the birds fat and slow even during Leafbare, when hunting was the most difficult. Even though he always stayed on the SkyClan side of the border, it still felt like cheating, sometimes, so since the days had begun growing warmer, he'd returned to hunting deeper in the territory.

The deputy meandered slowly, taking his time to remark the border as it snaked along the edge of Twolegplace. Occasionally, a bird or mouse would move nearby, startled by how the dark cat seemed to materialize out of the shadows, but he paid them no mind. He wasn't here to hunt, and in fact he was comfortably full from a meal he'd shared with Blossomstep before heading out of camp. She was good about that - making sure he was never too distracted to eat, or sleep, or just... relax every once in a while. She'd been good for him, the perfect remedy to his unintentional self-destructive tenancies, and though he did sometimes miss his nightly lone wandering, he had to admit... curling up in a nest with his beloved beside him was a good trade off.

Wolfcall hummed lowly to himself, his mood improving just at the thought of the elegant tabby she-cat, and for a long while he even daydreamed a little, his paws carrying him down the familiar path on instinct and repetition. He was so distracted, in fact, that he very nearly missed the scent and sight of the she-cat, didn't even notice her until he was nearly on top of her. Immediately, his senses were flooded, alarm bells ringing in his head: stranger! Startled, the deputy reared up with a hiss, his paw darting out once, twice, three times in quick succession at his opponent before he pulled back, ears pinned, back arched, completely taken off guard by her sudden appearance.

Wolfcall used Front Paw Blow on Summer, dealing 12 damage and costing 5 stamina.

Wolfcall
100/100 HP
275/280 SP (-5)

Summer
32/45 HP (-12)
140/140 SP

Last edited by JJ on Sat 2 May - 22:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

surprise summer Empty
PostSubject: Re: surprise summer   surprise summer EmptySat 2 May - 11:46

Summer had decided she'd been caught wandering - or, as they said, "trespassing" - through enough of the Clans' territories for now and decided to return to the sprawling settlement of the upwalkers that she'd skimmed past on her first arrival in the new territory. She hoped for a peaceful few days, a break away from the formidable fighters that made up the Clans to let her muscles recoup and her wounds close and not be so bothersome under her sleek, shimmering cream pelt. She'd chased a few birds for sport here and there, hunted some for voles and mice under the upwalker houses, and got chased away by lazy, ungrateful shambling upwalkers a couple times - something she considered to be a pleasant and delightful game. All in all it had been a pleasant reprieve. On this particular beautiful day, she awakened refreshed in a cubby she'd made beneath an upwalker shed, and she emerged into the sunlight delighted to feel warmth on her face - more than she'd felt in recent seasons. It would be a good day.

The drifter had found a vole to eat that morning and was now simply exploring the settlement, moving from house to house inspecting gardens and observing the movements of neighborhood pets, wandering aimlessly from left to right, circling back, climbing fences, snuffling under decks. Summer had drifted towards some of the outermost homes nearest the forest and was distracted by the scent of catnip nearby. The drifter's tail lifted, and she began to seek it out, thinking it might be pleasant to spend the afternoon rolling around and then snoozing in the sunlight. She heard a faint humming slowly approaching her, as if a cat were making song to themselves, but she didn't pinpoint the source before the source discovered her. Summer came face to face with a cat who was equally startled to see her, their faces nearly a whisker apart before both of them jolted back in alarm. "Oh, whiskers!" Summer gasped.

Unfortunately for Summer, the tom's reaction to being startled was to lash out - she could hardly blame him. She realized what he was doing as he was rearing up, and she angled herself so his blows only hit her shoulders, spitting in protest. "Fleas and ticks!" she cursed. The second he pulled back she had already loomed up, raising her pale ginger paws to batter back at his head and neck in rapid succession to beat him away from her and perhaps get him to back off for a moment. Her claws were sheathed, and she was fairly certain his had been, too. Taking a step away from him and standing defensively, Summer asserted, "Easy, darling, I'm just out for a stroll!"

Summer used Upright Front Paws, using 20 stamina and dealing 11 damage.

Summer
32/45 HP
120/140 SP (-20)

Wolfcall
89/100 HP (-11)
275/280 SP

surprise summer VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

surprise summer Empty
PostSubject: Re: surprise summer   surprise summer EmptySat 2 May - 22:45

Her paws were quick to retaliate even as Wolfcall attempted to duck away, landing blows about his ears and head with just about the same amount of force he'd used - admittedly, not a lot at all. The deputy sidestepped, keeping her in his view as she spoke. The fur along his spine relaxed ever so slightly at her words. This wasn't an intruder, this was... a kittypet? His nostrils flared, pulling in her scent. No, not kittypet. Loner. She looked sleek and well-fed, but didn't reek of Twoleg stench, and prey-scent still lingered faintly about her.

"Out for a stroll?" he repeated, frowning. "And a hunt, too, I presume. On SkyClan territory - which I'm afraid to say I will have to protest. This area belongs to..." and it was then that the deputy realized, with a slight jolt of horror, that this was not SkyClan territory, and in his distracted state, he'd actually crossed about a fox length over the border. Wolfcall's eyes widened, his defensive stance dropping immediately as his eyes sought hers. "I, actually... uh..." his voice faltered, and he offered a sheepish smile, "actually it's me that's in the wrong here. I apologize. I... didn't hurt you, did I?"
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

surprise summer Empty
PostSubject: Re: surprise summer   surprise summer EmptySun 3 May - 15:20

Thankfully the tom was forced to retreat thanks to the placement of Summer's blows, and both cats stepped away from each other with backs arched, eyes narrowed, and tails lashing to regard each other. Summer could feel her heart racing as adrenaline gripped her muscles, but the brief reprieve was welcome to assess the situation. At first the dark-furred tabby tom seemed incredibly skeptical of her statement about being on a patrol, and when he suggested accusatorily that she was hunting as well she scrunched her face with bewilderment. Well, yeah, of course I am? she wondered, but then the tom mentioned her being on SkyClan territory. The look of indignation immediately changed to a look of realization and momentary alarm. Oh, foxfeathers, is this how I've found the fifth Clan? she thought with shock.

But... no. She hadn't scented a border, and she'd come from within the upwalker settlement. How could she have invaded a border? Summer blinked as the tom seemed to realize the same as her: there was no way she'd crossed, and, worse, he was at fault. He looked behind him and had a clear expression of shock as he seemed to see what was likely his territory. To his credit, the dark-furred Clan cat immediately dropped his arching back to stand apologetically before her. Summer lowered herself as well, relieved by her good fortune. Oh, good, I haven't ruined this relationship yet, she thought, her tail waving as she took in his apology and question of concern. "Why, no, darling, I think I'm alright - just a little ruffled! What a way to say hello, hm?" she purred, and then Summer was laughing, the adrenaline leaving her in amusement and relief rather than self-defense.

surprise summer VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

surprise summer Empty
PostSubject: Re: surprise summer   surprise summer EmptyMon 4 May - 12:37

Feeling slightly foolish and more-than-slightly guilty, the deputy nodded in relief. He'd had his claws sheathed when he batted at her, a favor she'd thankfully returned, but even so he was relieved that she appeared none the worse for wear. "Again, I... profusely apologize. I suppose I was a bit distracted, I didn't even notice that I'd gone over my own border."

With another glance over his shoulder, Wolfcall eyed the area where the marker should have been, making a mental note to ensure that it was much stronger in the future. Or you could just pay attention rather than daydreaming about Blossomstep during a patrol.

Clearing his throat, the tom offered a tight smile. "I'm Wolfcall, by the way - do you live in the area?" He'd never seen nor scented this particular loner before.
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

surprise summer Empty
PostSubject: Re: surprise summer   surprise summer EmptyMon 4 May - 14:40

When Summer's laughing quieted and she looked back at the dark tom again, his face was stricken with embarrassment and shame. Summer turned her head to the side to lick the shoulder that he'd battered, smoothing the silky cream fur as he apologized and admitted once more he was in the wrong. She raised one ginger paw, licked it, and began to draw it over her pointed ear as she replied silkily, "It's quite alright, darling; we all get distracted one time or another and pick a fight we shouldn't have! That's life in the wild." She was mildly annoyed at having been beaten for no reason, but all Summer cared about was being free and happy. This had been an unfortunate happenstance - an accidental run-in where they'd both been justly frightened and lashed out accordingly. Her freedom wasn't at all threatened by this now that the tom and herself had come to their senses.

She followed the tom's gaze as he looked almost annoyedly at the forest behind him, lowering her paw back to the earth, and now Summer was certain his - well, SkyClan's - border must be just a tail-length or so further away. She could scent it on the breeze, a thicker, older scent just like the one that the dark tabby tom held in his own fur. Summer's blue gaze met his pale yellow one as he cleared his throat, smiled tensely, and introduced himself. The slender-faced loner dipped her head, then lifted it and answered, "Summer. Charmed to meet you, Wolfcall. As a matter of fact, no; I'm new to the forest. I'd heard of the Clans, but I hadn't had the pleasure of -" she paused and mrrowed with laughter and mischief, "bumping into any SkyClan cats as of yet. Today was my lucky day, darling." Her tail waved with amusement.

surprise summer VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

surprise summer Empty
PostSubject: Re: surprise summer   surprise summer Empty

Back to top Go down

surprise summer
Page 1 of 1