Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Emberglow

Emberglow

Characters : Morningdove (Md) | Firekit (Ff)
Clan/Rank : (Md) WC T1 Warrior | (Ff) SkC Apprentice
Number of posts : 250

The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent Empty
PostSubject: The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent   The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent EmptyMon 27 Apr 2020 - 21:49

It had barely been an hour since the plague had settled upon WindClan, and Morningpaw's mind was already racing to come up with an answer- if Aspenheart and Softpaw seemed lost, then this was no mere fever, and if the fresh-kill pile and the prey outside camp were clear, then it couldn't have been a simple case of crowfood poisoning. No, this was something darker, she was sure- and the apprentice looked around, drawing up her latest plan. We're going to need more than just me- say, two others. Given the condition of her parents, Fogpaw's going to be worried sick as long as she's in camp- so she'll be better off with us. And Clovertwist was at the meeting, but he seems well enough- he can come with us, and if anything happens to me, he can tell the others in a few days. And, of course, we're going to need Olivestone's approval- I can't exactly sneak out without her noticing again, not with so much going on. That last part, she thought, posed the biggest obstacle- she couldn't deny that cats were desperately needed in camp right now, so to ask to take some away on a hare-brained adventure to the border...

... well- her mentor had always been reasonable, and had always listened to her even when Morningpaw herself didn't feel her ideas were worth listening to. So she made her way back towards Olivestone through the clearing, her paws light as adrenaline shot through her; she needed to be out there, doing something, not just- standing around staring at cats she couldn't help. She tapped her mentor's flank with her tail to get the deputy's attention, and then hesitated; if she said no, this whole plan would fall apart... but no, Olivestone the deputy was still Olivestone, still her mentor, her trusted friend who had taught her everything she knew. And she'd still listen- now more than ever.
"I think I know what might be causing all this. I'd like to head to the gorge- and I'd like to bring Clovertwist and Fogpaw with me. Clovertwist's finished checking the fresh-kill pile, and I think Fogpaw could use a break from seeing Raventail and Dappleshine like this. I know now's not the best time to take cats from camp, but- I think we can get some answers."

The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent JtTCx0V
character profiles / art by Peridot
Morningdove
||Firepaw
WindClan T1 Warrior
||SkyClan Apprentice
15 HP / 50 SP (d)
||20 HP / 80 SP
palevioletred
||darkgoldenrod

Last edited by Emberglow on Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 2:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peridot

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent   The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent EmptyMon 27 Apr 2020 - 22:00

Since she'd awoken from her dream to see her Clanmates riddled with plague, Olivestone had sprung into action to try and figure out the cause of the illness. So far, everything had stumped her, and especially Aspenheart and Softpaw, because the prey was clear as well as all the streams, and twolegs hadn't left anything on the moors. All of the options exhausted, her mind drifted to the previous Gathering, and to the starry leaders that had made their threats.
It's almost as if... oh no.

With everything clear, the sick cats being taken care of, there was nothing else for her to do, aside from keeping eye on the camp. Her brows furrowed as she got lost in thought, the brush of a tail against her flank alerting her to Morningpaw's presence. Brought out of her thoughts, she turned to the apprentice, and her ears pricked up as Morningpaw spoke. Olivestone nodded along, rising to her paws.
"I think I know what's happening too, and I agree. Fogpaw should have some time out of camp to clear her head, and Clovertwist is a good choice to have with us as well. Go find them and ask them to meet us here. As soon as we're all here, we'll go."
Back to top Go down
Emberglow

Emberglow

PostSubject: Re: The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent   The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent EmptyMon 27 Apr 2020 - 23:32

Well, that made things a lot easier- if Olivestone was willing to authorise the mission, then all Morningpaw had to do was find her clanmates, invite them along, head to the border, get some answers, and-- wait a minute. Wait a minute. She replayed her mentor's words in her head; "As soon as we're all here, we'll go."- Olivestone was going with them? Well, she'd expected the deputy to stay at camp, but Morningpaw definitely wouldn't turn down the help- Olivestone was without a doubt the most capable cat the apprentice knew, and this wasn't going to be easy if things didn't go as planned. Perhaps it was time to finally share the details of her escapades into Fourtrees. "Can do. Also, there's- something I should probably talk to you about after we get back,", she mewed with a firm nod, and quickly disappeared off into the congregation of cats in search of her chosen companions.

With all the chaos in camp, finding them was harder than she'd expected- but there Fogpaw was helping with the medicine den (and Morningpaw felt a pang of guilt taking the cat away from such a vital duty- This is just as vital!, she reminded herself)- but nevertheless, she pressed onwards, walking beside the spotted gray apprentice for a few moments. "We're going to figure out what's happening here," Morningpaw explained; "Go find Olivestone in the clearing and meet her there, I'll catch up soon and explain."

She waited a few moments for the apprentice's reply, then disappeared back into the camp again, seeking out the familiar silver pelt of Clovertwist. (The only Silverpelt she trusted these days, she thought, giving a glare to the sky- sure, the stars weren't out any more, but it was the principle of it!) She thought she'd seen him in the clearing- and after a few seconds of searching for the distinctive dark-ringed tail, made her way towards the warrior.
"I think I have an idea of what's going on," she meowed, just loud enough to be heard over the commotion. "Fogpaw, Olivestone and I are going to go check out the border- things might get risky, we'll need you with us."

Morningdove
||Firepaw
WindClan T1 Warrior
||SkyClan Apprentice
15 HP / 50 SP (d)
||20 HP / 80 SP
palevioletred
||darkgoldenrod

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent   The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 10:37

Ploverpuddle was now in Aspenheart and Softpaw's care, and Clovertwist was at a loss. The silver tabby tom paced listlessly near the elder's den, his kinked tail twitching at its crimps awkwardly and inconsistently with despair and worry. There was nothing Clovertwist could do but wait for direction. The medicine cats didn't know what was happening, or why, but by now many cats seemed to have gathered their own conclusions. The fresh-kill pile was clean and healthy; the water sources were untainted; the ill cats had next to nothing to do with each other besides being in the same Clan (aside from Raventail and Dappleshine); the herbs didn't touch their symptoms. The only connection between the ill cats and the illness was the words of the cruel "Righteous" Few at the Gathering: "Those pure of blood, and those loyal to the clans in which they were born, have nothing to fear from us." Ploverpuddle had only recently shared the circumstances of his kithood with Clovertwist, and he knew without a doubt that his SkyClan-born companion was in grave danger.

Morningpaw found Clovertwist pacing, and when he glimpsed the silver tabby apprentice - leader of a revolution against the stars - he immediately stopped and stood still to wait for her, his amber eyes sharpening despite his fears and focusing on her. "You're alright," he mumbled with surprising relief as she approached. He hadn't realized he'd feared she might be ill due to her outburst at the Gathering - and, well, the revolution - but here she stood assuaging the silent concern. His ears perked as she explained an idea, asking him to go on a mission to the border. He nodded once, hesitating briefly as he looked over his shoulder at the elders den where one of his dearest friends lay stricken. If she knows what's causing this, I have to leave him so we can fix it, he reasoned with himself, and Clovertwist turned back to Morningpaw and nodded again, immediately beginning to stride towards the camp exit with her. "Whatever you need," he answered solemnly.

The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
WildHunt

WildHunt

Characters : Fogkit [WC] [F], Thornkit [RC] [F]
Clan/Rank : [Kit] Fogkit, [Kit] Thornkit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Re: The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent   The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 19:57

First it had been a slight cough nothing to be concerned of in the apprentice's mind when her ceremony had gone without a hitch. Fogpaw had awoken to the past repeating itself despair stalking from every corner it could strike from. The newly made apprentice gaze at the medicine cat den her distraught thoughts lingering above her head like a rain cloud. Soon it poured coming to a grizzly conclusion of what could have brought on the sudden sickness across camp. From memory she recalled the mourning of a once great leader - the leader had chosen her father to be deputy. If he'd gotten sick alongside her mother there was no telling who would pass later on. Enough cats had gone, her late parents faces were one's she no longer remembered. Yet her new kin, ever so kind with her, had gone through the trouble of raising her like one of their own.

At the time she'd gotten accustomed to the empty apprentice den no matter how welcoming it seemed, another night settled while her parent's health suffered she'd rip her tail off. A logical reason came across her mind to stay put for their good but that had been why things had been happening. While standing outside the apprentice den pondering in concern she glanced across the now barren camp. The she-cat's paws had gone stiff her posture sharp began to slack when she heard her name called out. She was no good sitting around for the untimely fate of those struck ill Morningpaw's offer was a stroke of luck she'd been lacking. "I'm sure Ferretdance would be okay with me going out, if you'll have me I'd like to go along." The apprentice padded towards the now growing group in a rush. Her jog had came to a stop when she reached to meet the eyes of the cat arranging the meeting. Given the circumstances it had only dawned under her then that it would be Olivestone who'd oversee the ambitious undertaking.

Perhaps she should have known who would have wanted such a meeting in the first place. Morningpaw albeit kind had proven herself a force to be reckoned with as she'd been apprentice to not only the deputy but the leader as Raventail had gotten so ill within such little time. To the others she seemed unkempt as ever her clouded gaze ever present. A concept that one's fate would be decided by the stars was downright unfair if the clan would die under their paws she'd make them regret their choice. Having to be reminded of WindClan's unstable status fed her urge to act, her gaze ever hardening. "I haven't been outside the camp but I swear I'll be close."

Back to top Go down
Peridot

PostSubject: Re: The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent   The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 20:04

As Morningpaw went around camp, gathering her chosen companions for this little escapade, Olivestone had her own task to do before they all left. Padding over to Goldengale, she murmured to the golden she-cat, "I'm going out for a little bit. Can you keep an eye on the camp while I'm gone?"
She was sure that Goldengale would be up to the task, and once she got the nod of approval, she turned and returned to her spot by the camp entrance, with great timing, as all three of her companions for this patrol were also approaching her spot.

When the trio had joined her, she nodded to them all, and led the way out of camp. Once they were all on the moor, she nodded to Morningpaw, and let her take the lead, considering this whole thing was her idea.
Back to top Go down
Emberglow

Emberglow

PostSubject: Re: The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent   The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 21:15

"First time for everything," Morningpaw mewed, her tail swishing in amusement. She remembered the first time she headed out of camp- oh, that did not go well- and gave a quiet laugh. "Just stick with us and we'll keep you safe." And that was what this whole mission was all about- keeping WindClan safe. Her heart burned to leave the camp behind in their hour of need, to avert her gaze from the sick and dying cats she'd grown to know and love, but the best way to help them, she thought, would be this. Morningpaw turned to Olivestone, looking up at her mentor in expectation; she was the most senior cat here, after all, and if the deputy had thought the same thing- well, the very last thing she expected was for Olivestone to let her take the lead. The apprentice was no stranger to conducting kind of risky missions, but having her mentor, the deputy of the whole Clan, here to observe? Well- that made things a little more intense. A proper warrior would be able to handle it, she reminded herself, So I can too. She might not have had as many moons of experience as the older cats, but she had heart and resolve, and that should be more than enough for this adventure.

So with a nod in return, and a flick of her tail towards the other cats to follow her, Morningpaw took a hesitant step west- and then another, and another, each step more purposeful than the last, her white tail-tip brushing through the grass behind her like a beacon. Before long, she had set a steady pace; fast enough to make good time, but slow enough to conserve stamina and keep an eye out for predators, and with a clear destination in mind. After she was sure the camp was out of earshot, Morningpaw stood upon the nearest mound of dirt, turned to the others, and explained her plan. "So- this isn't an ordinary sickness. It's only affecting certain cats, and we've checked the fresh-kill pile and the area around camp for any causes- and we've found nothing. I think Aspenheart is right; this is StarClan's doing. I saw one of their cats lurking around the gorge earlier, so if we head there and get lucky, we'll find her and get some answers, maybe even discover the cure. At the very least, we can confirm our suspicions and bring the information to the next Gathering."

Morningdove
||Firepaw
WindClan T1 Warrior
||SkyClan Apprentice
15 HP / 50 SP (d)
||20 HP / 80 SP
palevioletred
||darkgoldenrod

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent   The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 22:27

As he neared the exit of the camp with Morningpaw and Fogpaw at his side, he was surprised to see Olivestone there waiting for them. He glanced aside at his apprentice-leader with a flicker of concern, but Olivestone offered them a knowing nod, and Morningpaw returned it. Clovertwist blinked and then understood, wordlessly following their deputy out of the camp. It seemed she had joined their side sometime when he wasn't watching. Once they'd left the tunnel, Olivestone slowed to let Morningpaw take the lead, and the four moved in silence for some time before at last Morningpaw spoke, sharing her wisdom.

Clovertwist was surprised by what Morningpaw revealed about one of their stupid starry hides being spotted near the gorge, and then a moment later he felt hot and prickly with indignation. How dare the Righteous Few patrol any Clan's borders? None of these territories belonged to them; they had no right to claim or "defend" any of them. Still, the idea of purposefully approaching a starry tyrant was daunting to say the least. Clovertwist had to have faith, though. He would support Morningpaw. He nodded. "I think it's worth a shot," he stated.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
WildHunt

WildHunt

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent   The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 20:07

Fogpaw felt the last few minutes of her day had turned into a bitter fog. A cruel trick with cats long dead pulling the fur over they eyes of the clans. Not much had been told but enough that it was becoming clear they were going to do something. Something important enough it would warrant the need to bring two grown and well trained warriors? And of towards the borders no less. For an inexperienced cat reaching the border presented itself as a daunting task.

The apprentice gave a curt nod as Morningpaw had begun to exit camp with the others. She began to walk alongside them her ears flattened when the other apprentice had unfolded her ambitious yet dangerous plan. It was becoming known to the tabby that living in the clans were more dangerous more than the nursery tales had made it out to be. If talking to a dead cat had made someone like the warriors accompanying them have lingering feelings - their expression a dead giveaway to how rotten these StarClan cats truly were...they'd certainly have their paws full. Nonetheless she pursued keeping a determined demeanor holding her head high. Given a second thought, this could help the clan, her parents, then it would be worth it in the end.

Back to top Go down
Peridot

PostSubject: Re: The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent   The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 20:25

The words that left Morningpaw's mouth made sense to Olivestone, and she found herself nodding along. Everything that had happened in the past little bit had tracked with their discoveries, and she'd been coming to the same conclusions herself, before Aspenheart had announced it himself. She flicked her tail as she gathered the right words, and hesitated before speaking.
"I agree. This could be dangerous, as these cats have proven that they're not afraid to kill to get what they want. However, there's four of us and one, maybe two, of them, and I'm sure we can hold our own against them. Lead the way, Morningpaw. You saw the fox in cat's fur, please show us where."

Her pelt tingled a little bit as she faced the idea that this little excursion might end up in trading blows with none other than StarClan, but she quashed the fear trying to bloom in her stomach. Now wasn't the time to cower away and blindly comply.
Back to top Go down
Emberglow

Emberglow

PostSubject: Re: The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent   The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 20:59

"I don't think," Morningpaw replied with a little hesitance, seemingly unconvinced even of her own words, "that this will turn into a fight. They're still cats- they can still be reasoned with. And all we want is peace and safety for our Clan; we're loyal to WindClan, and that's what they want, right? As long as we don't try anything, there's no reason to expect us to be attacked; we're just here for answers." She tried to take some solace in her assertion, but even that was difficult when she couldn't believe it herself- Olivestone was right, the Righteous Few had killed and would kill again, and Morningpaw couldn't ascribe any honor or sense of fair play to a group who had (probably) struck down WindClan with an incurable plague. But now wasn't the time for doubts, and now definitely wasn't the time to show her hesitation- not only was this a chance to prove herself to Olivestone, but this whole operation had been her idea; and if it failed, it was on Morningpaw, and nobody else. All she could do was hold her head high and keep walking forward.

So that's exactly what she did. The apprentice flicked her tail back west, and then hopped down from the pile of dirt (the Talldirt?) to head onwards to their destination. Truthfully, she'd rather have been going anywhere but the gorge (she couldn't help but feel a sense of foreboding going near it, the thought that one day, she'd walk a little too close and never walk back), but if that was where the Righteous Few had posted their silverpelted, foxhearted thug, then that was where she had to go, and that was where she had to lead her fellow Clanmates. So Morningpaw steeled herself, gave a firm nod, mewed a resolute "Whatever happens, we'll have each other," and continued onwards, weaving through the grassy moors with ease. For a brief moment, her ears pricked and her whiskers twitched at the scent of a hare-- but it'd have to wait; the mission came first.

Before long, Morningpaw and her Clanmates could hear the sound of rushing water, the scent of river-beaten rocks pushing aside the comforting smell of tall grass. For those familiar, this was unmistakeably the gorge at the edge of WindClan territory, marking the border with RiverClan; and for those unfamiliar- the apprentice kept low in the grass, turning back to Fogpaw and mewing quietly, "We're here- try not to get too close. It's a pretty long drop." And then to all her Clanmates (who she felt a brief pang of guilt for dragging into this- if things didn't go well, she resolved to keep them alive, no matter the cost), Morningpaw continued, her forest-green eyes shining with resolve, "The StarClan cat should be around here somewhere; she's hard to miss. We just need to go up and ask what's going on, and try and convince her to lift the plague if it really is the Righteous Few's fault. Ready?"

Morningdove
||Firepaw
WindClan T1 Warrior
||SkyClan Apprentice
15 HP / 50 SP (d)
||20 HP / 80 SP
palevioletred
||darkgoldenrod

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent   The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 22:21

After Clovertwist voiced his approval, he looked to Olivestone to see if she agreed. He had grown to respect his Clanmate very much as a friend; she may have been new to her role as deputy but that didn't make him respect her any less, and he valued her input. She seemed to hesitate before finally voicing agreement, and Clovertwist felt relieved that, despite the danger, she trusted Morningpaw as much as he did. He'd gone with her that far regardless of the risks. Clovertwist nodded as Olivestone directed her apprentice to lead them, and he looked to her as well. Morningpaw tried to give them all hope that perhaps the Righteous Few could be reasoned with and that the endeavor wouldn't need to end in a fight, but as Morningpaw hopped down Clovertwist couldn't help but glance skeptically aside at Olivestone. Still, he muttered, unconvinced and unconvincing, "Right."

Thankfully her next sentiment was more agreeable. "We're Clanmates. We're a team," he added. Then it was time to cross the moor, and Clovertwist's mind was racing with possibilities as they walked. The sound of the river was the first thing that pulled him from his thoughts, and then he was aware of Morningpaw whispering a warning about the sheer drop into the Gorge. Soon enough it was within sight, and the troupe slowed, creeping through the safe grasses far from the edge. Their apprentice-leader informed them their target should be nearby and reminded them of the mission, and Clovertwist nodded. "Ready," he stated. A little more darkly, he added, "We need to do this together; they've been keen enough to pick us off one at a time."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
WildHunt

WildHunt

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent   The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent EmptyFri 1 May 2020 - 0:35

Fogpaw continued to stride on the moor or what she had thought the moor was. Her time in the nursery made her think lots of things be it what the clan was like and the world that surrounded it. Grass now replaced the soft ground, her pelt surrounded grass swaying from the cool breeze. Sensations that were new to her awakened a sense of wonder the others were lacking. From her perspective they seemed well adjusted to the environment most WindClan cats were suited for with thin pelts and supple limbs.

There travels provided her a view of the land while refreshing reminded her of the groups reason to do so. It was to free the clan from the sickness given by not only by those ghastly apparitions but those who sought their blood. What did it matter what the living did? Had their time on these cursed grounds treated them that badly to desire control? "Even if we reason with one cat what's to say they agree and lie to us later to save their own pelt? They might act nice when we go talk to them right now but nothing could come from it later." Fogpaw questioned, her gaze locked onto their ever so determined guide. Well, it would seem they'd have to answer Morningpaw herself if they betrayed their word. Not long ago Morningpaw had given a speech so promising, the words sounded nice but not much had come into fruition, not until now that is. Time would tell if the starry spirit would slip up when spoken to by the disillusioned warriors.

Back to top Go down
Peridot

PostSubject: Re: The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent   The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent EmptyFri 1 May 2020 - 2:23

Olivestone was hyper-aware of her surroundings as Morningpaw led the patrol to the gorge, every pawstep leading them closer to danger. She caught Clovertwist's side-eye and doubtful mutter, and privately, she agreed, nodding back to him once. Soon the roar of water cascading down its dizzying drop filled her ears, and she almost missed Fogpaw's question. Honestly, she didn't really know what to say, but she murmured,
"It's worth a shot though, and if they try to backstab us, we'll make them regret the attempt."

As the group slowed to a stop, Olivestone could almost pick out a shimmer in the air, and she wasn't disappointed as yet another gray pelt appeared in front of them, the only difference being that this cat carried stars in her pelt. She padded confidently up to them, almost looking down her nose at them all, surveying them with cold, calculating yellow eyes. She stopped about a tail length from the group, looking at each of Olivestone's Clanmates, including her, in turn before speaking,
"Well, look at what we have here! A brand-new apprentice, an overzealous one, a rogue-born deputy, and a permanently injured warrior. Galestar takes so much pride in her Clan, but honestly, I don't see how she can, considering how WindClan is so full of the forest's rejects! You know, Morningpaw, is it? I seem to recall Galestar muttering about a loner hanging out with someone who looks an awful lot like you. I never would have taken you to be the type to disgrace your Clan, but then again, WindClan is so muddied these days, that pure WindClan blood is on par with that of loners and rogues."

Olivestone glanced at Morningpaw in alarm, unsure of what to make of the StarClan cat's comment. She made a note to ask her apprentice about that later.

The StarClan cat flicked her tail as she fixed the group in her steely gaze, her scathing tirade over, for the time being. "So, what have you sought me for? You couldn't have come all this way just to say hi!"

She seemed almost disappointed when nobody stepped forward or spoke immediately.
"Oh, come on! I'm not going to kill any of you! The fact that none of you are dying before me means that you've escaped our little cleanse! If we were going to kill any of you, you'd be back in camp, wheezing as your life ebbs away. But, where are my manners! I'm Lavenderbreeze. Though, I already know all of you, your names, where you come from, and the sins you've committed."

Lavenderbreeze sat down and lazily drew a paw over her ear as she added, aware of the group's bristling pelts and lashing tails,
"I think I know why you're all here, though go ahead, enlighten me."

Olivestone's ears were flat against her head and her hackles were raised, each word from Lavenderbreeze's mouth grating on her nerves more and more. She took a moment to take a deep breath and to calm herself, and she looked to Morningpaw to do the talking.
I'd cuff that piece of foxdung over the ears for a couple of mousetails!
Back to top Go down
Emberglow

Emberglow

PostSubject: Re: The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent   The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent EmptyFri 1 May 2020 - 10:13

Oh, she did not just go there. Morningpaw looked up at the starry cat before her, the apprentice's gaze immediately hardening and her tail flicking in irritation as she listened to the stranger's tirade of insults. In a single breath, this cat had managed to insult everyone present, her new friend, and the entirety of WindClan- and under any other circumstances, she would have been more than glad to beat some sense into the offending cat, but alas, Morningpaw and her companions had come in peace. She'd simply have to grit her teeth and sit through the diatribe of cutting words, her forest-green eyes flashing with a newfound hatred at Lavenderbreeze's comments; at the very least, the StarClan cat had confirmed the plague was sent down by the Righteous Few, and such information was more than worth the price of being insulted by a ghost. Morningpaw thought back to the beautifully eloquent speech she'd prepared on the journey- and mentally tossed it aside, her mind filling with retorts and counter-insults to the walking crowfood before her. Perhaps it wouldn't be wise to get on Lavenderbreeze's bad side, but- Morningpaw was not a wise cat.

"Yeah, well, maybe you'd get better results if you weren't such a-" dungface "...n uncompromising individual," she snarled, biting back the insult just in time and reminding herself of the mission at hand. Oh, she had many words for this beebrained coward before her, but none of them would make the situation any better, she was sure. "You'll find more than a few cats who look very much like me in WindClan," Morningpaw replied, glancing over to the remarkably-similar Olivestone (who, she noted, seemed a little concerned by Lavenderbreeze's comment- she'd have to deal with that later). "And who we consider friends is our business alone-" at least we have friends "-but that's not why we're here. We're here," she hissed, her tone setting a clear contrast with her words, "to negotiate."

Morningpaw knew, in her heart, that a line had been drawn in the dirt, and that she and her Clan (and the whole forest), and the cat before her, were on opposite sides- and that one day, words would not be enough, and the fragile truce she had negotiated would be put to the test. She knew that one day, the cats of the forest would have to back up their thoughts with tooth and claw- but was it too much to ask for a bloodless peace? For no more lives to be thrown away because of the callous cruelty of this murderer, this tyrant that stood before her? She had always been a lover and not a fighter- but in that moment, Morningpaw silently resolved that when that day came, she would make Lavenderbreeze eat dirt. "We're here to negotiate," she repeated, her gaze locked on the cat before her, "on behalf of our Clanmates who, as you so kindly put it, are wheezing as their life ebbs away. We're here because we put the pieces together ourselves. This curse, this plague, it was your doing- and you've gone too far. Innocent cats will die because of this if you don't lift the sickness-- innocent cats that can't go anywhere in this condition, so if you want them to go to other Clans, they can't. Morningpaw turned back to her companions, her expression pleading for support- she knew the whole of WindClan stood against the Righteous Few at this point, but she hoped that perhaps her Clanmates could help convince Lavenderbreeze; this would be a tough nut to crack. "And what about the warrior code? Isn't following it your highest priority-- so whatever happened to 'an honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win their battles'?"

Morningdove
||Firepaw
WindClan T1 Warrior
||SkyClan Apprentice
15 HP / 50 SP (d)
||20 HP / 80 SP
palevioletred
||darkgoldenrod

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent   The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent Empty

Back to top Go down

The Leaf-Bare of our Discontent
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next