Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Quiet Blossoms

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

Quiet Blossoms Empty
PostSubject: Quiet Blossoms   Quiet Blossoms EmptyMon 17 Feb 2020 - 12:58

Blossompaw padded back into camp on weary paws, a long but thin squirrel dangling from her jaws joined by a mouse and a slightly more plump raven. She deposited the squirrel and the mouse on the fresh-kill pile before turning absent-mindedly and carrying the raven towards the elders den, where she disappeared and reemerged after a few heartbeats, having offered the decently sized bird to Tinylegs and his denmates. Pausing as she exited the den, she stood still for a few moments, seemingly unsure of what to do next. Her training was completed, she had done all the practicing she could, the elders were cared for.... Now what? Her belly rumbled in response and she looked around quickly, checking to see if anyone nearby had heard it.

As she looked around, she noticed that most of the clan was grouped together, sharing tongues as they prepared to settle for the night. Perhaps it would be okay for her to eat, it looked like almost every other cat was already in the process of eating or just finishing, eyes growing heavy with fatigue. Padding back over to the fresh-kill pile, she gingerly picked up the mouse she had just caught and turned to where she usually sat alone, when a lone figure caught her eye. Recognizing Wolfcall with a warming sensation growing in her chest, she gazed at him for a moment before retrieving the squirrel as well, noting the empty space at his paws. If the deputy hadn't eaten yet, he needed to eat something.

Approaching with timid steps, paws tingling with each one that brought her closer to the deputy, she set the squirrel and mouse down before him and turned her gray eyes up towards his. Her voice caught at first, and her pelt flashed with the heat of embarrassment as she coughed and started over. "Go- erm, good evening, Wolfcall... Have you, umm... Have you eaten? I brought a squirrel and a mouse, if you'd like, you can choose first.... They're fresh, I just caught them and brought them back...."

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Quiet Blossoms Giphy
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

Quiet Blossoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Blossoms   Quiet Blossoms EmptyMon 17 Feb 2020 - 17:51

It was quiet in the SkyClan camp. Cats were scattered around the clearing, eating, or sharing tongues, a deceptively peaceful setting... it was almost as if StarClan itself wasn't threatening to fall around them at any moment. Wolfcall sat on his own, surveying the gathered cats with watchful amber eyes. As far as he knew, SkyClan was the least "unpure" by StarClan's standards, and none of the cats - that he knew of - were directly in the line of their ancestors' wrath.

But, still. It made him uneasy.

So the past moon, he'd been more watchful than usual. The dark tom had always been an observant, cautious creature, a habit that had proved useful more often than not, but it had been amplified recently... especially with Timberpaw's death, by a cat and a clan that had yet to be identified. It was to the point where he kept tabs on every cat that came and went, to the best of his ability. And as he watched the entrance this time, Blossompaw returned carrying quite the bounty. His eyes followed her as she took a plump crow to the elders' den, and then his eyes returned to the entrance of camp, watching, waiting.

His ears flicked back at Blossompaw's approach, a second before he turned to look at her. His eyes gentled at the sight of her, grateful for the offer. She was right - he hadn't eaten, and his stomach tightened painfully at the scent of the prey she dropped before him. "Thank you," he said quietly, gently picking up the mouse and settling down with it between his paws. "Did you go out hunting by yourself?" Wolfcall knew that the she-cat was capable of solitary hunts... after all, she was very nearly a warrior, but current events had him nervous about any cat being out on their own.
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

Quiet Blossoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Blossoms   Quiet Blossoms EmptyTue 18 Feb 2020 - 11:01

Blossompaw's chest warmed as Wolfcall's eyes gentled, purring lightly as the deputy thanked her before choosing the mouse and settling with it. His next question caught her off-guard as she bent her head to pick up the squirrel. Setting it back down, she scuffled her fore-paw nervously. Apprentices weren't supposed to be out on their own, especially during leaf-bare, but.... Well, it would be best to tell the truth. "I had been out with a hunting patrol, and I volunteered to be the one to retrieve the rest of the catch, since it was mine anyway.... While I was out there, I came across this squirrel and the raven I took to the elders.... I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have hunted on my own, but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity...."

Meeting the tom's eyes, she took a deep breath, trying to gauge his reaction. There was no way in StarClan she was going to pass by the opportunity to bring back even more prey for the clan, when it had presented itself so enticingly when so many bellies were empty. However, rules were rules, and she knew that, and would be willing to accept any punishment that may come, should it come. The squirrel remained at her paws as she nervously awaited his response, wondering in the back of her mind if he would dismiss her or welcome her presence at his side, even if just for a little while.

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Quiet Blossoms Giphy
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

Quiet Blossoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Blossoms   Quiet Blossoms EmptyTue 18 Feb 2020 - 15:54

Wolfcall dipped his head at her explanation, saying nothing as he took a delicate bite of the meal between his paws and chewed it thoughtfully. He'd be a hypocrite to say that hunting alone was something he'd never done as an apprentice, and after all, she was obviously a skilled hunter, something the deputy definitely appreciated. Finishing his initial bite, he finally looked up to meet her eyes, his expression level and calm.

"I would rather you didn't go off by yourself again," he told her, no hint of anger or disappointment in his voice, only a vague flicker of worry in his amber eyes signaling how he felt about it. There was no sense in punishing Blossompaw, or even reminding her of the rules - clearly she knew them. So providing an alternative was the next best. Wolfcall flicked his tail, letting it land on her flank. "I go out hunting by myself all the time." He let the 'but I'm a warrior, and the deputy' hang in the air. "If you ever want to go with me, you are welcome to. You only have to ask." Generally he preferred his own company, enjoyed the solitude of being out on his own, but Blossompaw seemed like a kindred spirit - she was kind and quiet and... elegant. Wolfcall flicked an ear back, realizing that was sort of an odd thing to notice. His fur prickled, and he glanced back down at his mouse, taking another bite to fill the silence.
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

Quiet Blossoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Blossoms   Quiet Blossoms EmptyThu 27 Feb 2020 - 12:41

The calmness in Wolfcall's voice made the apprentice blink, ears twitching slightly as he spoke. As his tail landed on her flank, she felt warmth blooming in her chest, and she lowered her head in embarrassment, breaking the eye contact they had been holding. The offer that the deputy was making was an enticing one, and one she did not take lightly. She had often seen him heading into the snow-covered forest on his own, and returning with prey for the clan. Many of those times, she had longed to do the same, but the offer to accompany Wolfcall, or request his company, was one that made her pelt feel like she was laying in a spot of sunshine. As he returned to his mouse with a flick of his ears, she smiled slightly and nodded.

"Thank you, Wolfcall. I'll keep that in mind, I appreciate it." She looked down momentarily before returning her gaze to the tom's face. "Would it be alright if I ate here with you? If not, I understand, I can go over...." She hesitated, eyes searching for an empty space in the clearing. "Well, somewhere else." With a small, nervous laugh, her tail tip began to twitch slightly. "And, ummm.... Wolfcall... If you're not doing anything else between dawn and sunhigh... Spottedstar usually takes me out for training after sunhigh, would you want to go hunting together?"

Quiet Blossoms Giphy
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

Quiet Blossoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Blossoms   Quiet Blossoms EmptyFri 28 Feb 2020 - 1:14

"Of course you can," he replied calmly, though he blinked once in visible bewilderment. He didn't think he'd ever given any cat a reason to think they need ask permission to be in his presence. Was he unapproachable? Had his self-imposed seclusion given the rest of the clan the idea he disliked their company? Wolfcall's forehead furrowed in worry as he thought about it, and he made a mental note to be more outgoing, though the thought was quite a foreign one to him.

He continued eating in a thoughtful silence, and his gaze cut back to her when she spoke. Between dawn and sunhigh..? He forced himself not to grimace. That was the time he typically slept after being out most of the night. But he made it clear there was no reluctance as he replied. "I think I'd like that - what about... tomorrow, maybe? If you want to? Or... is that too soon?"
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

Quiet Blossoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Blossoms   Quiet Blossoms EmptyThu 5 Mar 2020 - 7:11

Settling at his side, Blossompaw grinned to herself as she took a bite from the squirrel, happy that he had agreed, not quite realizing that the tom was bewildered and taken aback by her request. She hadn't wanted to intrude on his time to himself, after all, and for a few quiet moments they ate next to each other before he responded. Looking up to him, she nodded, eyes wide and welcome to the thought of hunting together the next morning. "Tomorrow would be wonderful, Wolfcall. I can meet you by the camp entrance? After the dawn patrol leaves?" Her tail flicked ever so slightly in anticipation. Hopefully all would go well, and the next morning would be a bright one with plenty of luck.... Her pelt grew warm again and she broke the eye contact, taking another small bite of the squirrel.

Quiet Blossoms Giphy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quiet Blossoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Blossoms   Quiet Blossoms Empty

Back to top Go down

Quiet Blossoms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum