Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

An Apology, and Explanation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

An Apology, and Explanation Empty
PostAn Apology, and Explanation

Hi, lovely WCC members. Mosspelt here, along with the rest of staff, with an apology for the events of last night and an explanation as to what is currently ongoing. The other members of staff are welcomed to weigh in below, this post is my personal thoughts and feelings regarding what all happened, as well as what steps we have taken to ensure that something like this will hopefully never happen again.

I'm sure most, of not all of you, have seen the PMs that were sent to members across the site and the Announcement posted in response last night by another member of Staff, Cays. We as staff strive to uphold certain ideals, one of which being an open and welcoming site to any and all of our members - past, present, and future. I regret to say that the way things were handled at the time everything happened was not with that in mind, and those that voiced displeasure about it were completely correct in their hurt and anger. For that, I sincerely apologize.

It is never our intention to ostracize anyone, regardless of their past actions. As a team, we believe that anyone and everyone can have a change of heart, or a change of circumstances, which allows individuals to return better and more engaged than ever. We hope to promote this returning energy, and continue building on the site's foundation to contribute to a site that will stand for years, hopefully even decades, to come, paving the way for those who follow. Unfortunately, that was not the case last night, and a group of individuals was called out merely on suspicion and coincidences. To those that were and are within this group, I apologize. Whether you choose to stay or leave, your decision is your own and I understand that the choice was made with the words and actions of last night on mind. I can only hope that you accept our humblest apologies in pointing the finger, and contributing to what we hoped to abolish, inadvertently or not.

To those who were referenced in the PM, I sincerely apologize. Although I had no part in the PM itself, I accepted the role as admin with a duty to protect the privacy of the site's members and encourage a safe, healthy environment where we could roleplay for fun. With this mystery member having had the ability to access multiple PMs at once to spread such material, I let you all down. Words can not describe my anger and disappointment that such a thing was able to happen, and that your pasts, regardless of how accurate or inaccurate they may be, were exposed. These messages included some very private and personal information in regards to some of the individuals, and I am so sorry that these details were shared without your approval or knowledge. If you need to chat, or vent or be hurt, I understand. My inbox on site and on Discord is always available and open to anyone who needs to chat.

As far as the one who sent the PM. This user used a throwaway email and a VPN. That has really limited our ability to try to trace who might be the culprit, or involved, however we are still working with anything and everything we have to try to pin down who might have done it. It is clearly someone who had extensive knowledge about the site, including pre-boot and privately indulged knowledge, so they must have had plenty of time to research everything. However, not all of their details were correct. Please know that not everything in that message is necessarily true, or even partly true. If you have a concern about any member, please don't hesitate to reach out to staff and we will investigate to the best of our ability. Or, reach out to the member yourself! If you have a question about someone's past, they may just be willing to share some of their experiences from when they were younger. However, I do ask that all of our members respect each other's privacy. If a story is shared with you privately, unless you have a real concern regarding its contents (which should be brought immediately to a member of staff) then please consider it to be shared confidentially. There is absolutely no excuse, or reason, to hold the past against any member that wishes to make amends or return once more.

We are still working hard to try to get to the bottom of who, whether it was one person or multiple, did this. We will keep you updated to the best of our ability regarding our findings, but please, keep any speculations you have to yourselves. We're not here to point fingers or place blame without concrete evidence, and I'm sorry that it did not initially come across that way. What I do know, is what we have done to try to make sure this can not happen again.

1. A member has to have a specific number of posts before they can send a PM. This number is subject to change as time goes on, but for now it will stay static. This will mostly affect new members. The welcome message sent to new members has been edited to direct them to the Held Thread in Forum Help with any questions they may have early on, giving all of staff a chance to respond and hopefully get them moving sooner than waiting in one person's PMs.

2. The permissions for mass group PMs have been changed. Only moderators, and in some cases, only admins, should have access to send mass PMs to the groups on the site.

In addition to the changes made regarding sending PMs, staff has discussed ways to ensure that an announcement like the one last night does not happen without every member of staff being aware and having the chance to weigh in on what is happening. A list of priorities will be comprised and shared with staff, but in the meantime, the first goal will be damage control. Preventing any more issues, and trying to resolve the ones that have already occurred. Any and all announcements will wait until all of staff has been made aware of the situation and have a chance to provide their thoughts and input - we are a team and we will work as one to ensure the best environment for our members.

Hopefully with these measures in place, we can avoid something like this happening again, at least on the scale that it did. At the very least, it will hopefully give staff a chance to catch it early and put a stop to it before it gets out of hand. The member responsible for the PMs and post has been banned for spam and harassment of our members. I regret that at this point there is not much more I can do, but as I stated earlier I will continue to try to get to the bottom of this, and keep you all updated.

A final note - we are all human, and we all make mistakes. It wasn't very long ago I made a very similar mistake, one that continues to be a reminder of a time where I disappointed not only myself but those who were counting on me as well. I have accepted my punishment for that, and every day I strive to be better than I was that day. I sincerely apologize that the one last night was on such a large scale, and I hope to be able to make amends with all of those who were hurt or targeted by any part of the events of last night. My wish is that we can create a healthy environment, not only for WCC but also for any other sites that may come, and all of the members across the fanbase. I hope that we will all learn from this, and come out smarter, stronger, and better than ever before, after all, anything less will be giving the person responsible just want they wanted. I refuse to let someone so close-minded win, and I hope that you all feel the same. Here is to a better, brighter, welcoming and friendly WCC, and to any of our friends new and old.

I'll get out of the way now, so all of my other lovely staff members can speak on the events and share their own personal thoughts and feelings. I appreciate you all taking the time to read this, and I genuinely hope that this can be resolved and put in the past - and left in the past, where it belongs. I love all of you wonderful, delightful people who I get to enjoy writing and growing with, or even just chatting with, and nothing will ever change that.

With Love and Appreciation,

Mosspelt

Last edited by Mosspelt on Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

An Apology, and Explanation :: Comments

Mosspelt
Re: An Apology, and Explanation
Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:17 pm by Mosspelt
Cays wrote:
Hey ya'll, your friendly neighbourhood Cays here.

I'm sure most of you saw last night's announcement. I admit, it's an embarrassment. I should have waited until the morning, but due to the personal information breeches within the PM, I was under the idea that it had to be addressed immediately. In this, I made a mistake. Alas, I proved I am only human just like everyone else. Hindsight is 20/20 and all I can do is promise to think things through a bit better, and explain a little bit about why my mind went where it went.

First and foremost however; an important clarification. Apparently some older members with no involvement felt attacked. I can see why. I want to clarify that the only person who was meant to feel bad is the person/people who sent that. With the IP being through a VPN, we have no way of knowing who actually sent that information, so instead I went with a blanket statement that unfortunately targeted people it wasn't meant to. The reason I worded things the way I did, was simple. Some of that information was never revealed publicly, because it was too personal. Some of it, stayed only between certain members out of concern for their state of mind and well-being. However, it's not impossible that someone leaked it out in private, or through a different channel.

I suppose that's the kicker. We don't know who did it, we don't even know for sure why. My previous announcement was not meant to cause bad blood, but I allowed myself to be blinded by coincidences that were so well-timed it left me with seeing no alternative.

Now; as it stands some people have decided to branch off from WCC and make their own forum. This was part of the major coincidence, and I mistakenly took things the wrong way. In my tired mind, the PM looked like a way to conveniently lay out a path, so to speak. However, it's not fair to assume that any member there was actually involved. The only thing I can do, offer my apologies.

I am sorry that I dropped the ball. I'm sorry that my opinion might have led to some abrasion in the community. I gave judgment without the concrete proof that we need, I'm sorry to everyone who wasn't involved in the PM. You're all good folk, and I think it's only fair that I include the endorsement I had in mind while I was at work.  

Now, I'm 90% certain that most of you are aware of [Fate of the Warriors]. Despite my previous post, the people on that forum are good and hard working folk, with a massive challenge before them. A good warriors RP site is hard to find, and two is better than just one. I have no desire to have any ill will towards that new forum and WCC and I welcome our members to go ahead and take a look, to join if you want to. No one on WCC will be given a hard time for indulging on more warriors fun. In fact, I encourage it.

It's extremely hard to get a new forum off the ground. It takes a tremendous amount of patience, time and effort. Troubleshooting, problem-solving and coming up with methods and systems that work are all extremely time intensive... I certainly don't envy the task they have before them. All I can do is wish them good luck!

From this point on the only thing I can do, for everyone, is to push forward while remembering my mistake so I don't do it again... and hope that you, the community, can forgive me in time.

- Cays
Mosspelt
Post Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:45 pm by Mosspelt
UPDATE:

As staff has worked to try to figure out who may have been behind the PM, we came across something we thought was interesting to note. An account that was thought to be inactive and had left the Discord a while ago suddenly returned coinciding with the sending of the PMs. This account was known to be a double-account, and the individual began to instigate arguments in order to try to get a reaction based on the contents of the PM. The messages were removed in order to try to mitigate the damage, and the individual was sent a PM detailing the reason why and was banned from the Discord for trying to get a rise out of members and for returning with the double-account. We are not sure at this time if this individual is the one responsible for the PM, but we do believe that there may be a connection, and are looking into things farther in regards to it. If you have any information possible regarding this member, we ask that you please step forward with it, as any and all knowledge is welcome as we try to get to the bottom of this.

Additionally, Staff has convened and addressed the consequences of Cays post. We all talked and decided that what we thought a fitting course of punishment was five days full suspension from staff, followed by three days as a moderator, before returning to her admin position. In this time, she will be working on a guideline for any future events that may occur, which will hopefully be long after our time has passed. This temporary demotion has taken place today, and after the total of eight days Cays will return.

As always, we appreciate all of you and your input to the site, and we look forward to seeing where things go from here! Please remember to keep an open mind and heart towards all members, young and old, and let's have fun writing and roleplaying together In Love Hamu
Post  by Sponsored content

An Apology, and Explanation

Page 1 of 1