Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Organisation for the new Decade!

Go down 

How should we organise the site?
Leave things as they are! Ya Hooligans >(
Organisation for the new Decade!  Vote_lcap7%Organisation for the new Decade!  Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Don't condense territories, but use Quick Nav.
Organisation for the new Decade!  Vote_lcap25%Organisation for the new Decade!  Vote_rcap
 25% [ 7 ]
Don't use Quick Nav, but condense territories.
Organisation for the new Decade!  Vote_lcap0%Organisation for the new Decade!  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Condense territories, but leave camps on main page! No Quick Nav.
Organisation for the new Decade!  Vote_lcap0%Organisation for the new Decade!  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Condense territories, but leave camps on main page and keep the Quick Nav.
Organisation for the new Decade!  Vote_lcap46%Organisation for the new Decade!  Vote_rcap
 46% [ 13 ]
Use Quick Nav and Condense territories.
Organisation for the new Decade!  Vote_lcap14%Organisation for the new Decade!  Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
I honestly don't care.
Organisation for the new Decade!  Vote_lcap7%Organisation for the new Decade!  Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Other. (Leave a comment please!)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2456

Organisation for the new Decade!  Empty
PostOrganisation for the new Decade!

So this is an idea I proposed to Moss, and now I am pitching it to the rest of you. Already, we have a layout contest going on for a potential new layout, but I also want to tackle organization.

Why?

In the past few years, more people are using mobile on the site. This is of course, completely fine, but when you have a spotty connection every single page loading counts. That's why I am proposing a 'Quick nav' tool. Where all the important boards are linked on the main page, reducing the time you have to spend going from the main page, to a sub-board. It doesn't take anything away from the site, but will make things a bit more tolerable on mobile.

Territory Condensing is just something I think would be a bit nicer. We have a lot of boards, and it'd be nice to reduce some 'clutter'... particularly with boards that don't get much use. However, I have no desire to see these boards Go anywhere, so instead I've thought of simply condensing it all. Doing this, would make things a bit more practical.

I've built up a Little Demo board here for you guys to look at.

We really want to see what the community thinks of this idea. This is by no means final. You all get a say in this.

The poll will be open until Jan 6th at Noon pst.

If you have any suggestions at all, feel free to comment! We feast on good thoughts!

Last edited by Cays on Sun 5 Jan 2020 - 12:53; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Organisation for the new Decade! :: Comments

RainyHeart
Re: Organisation for the new Decade!
Post Tue 24 Dec 2019 - 22:32 by RainyHeart
As long as camps stay on the main page (since they're one of the most frequented areas) I'm fine with condensing the territories. I only worry that not having some of the more minor boards in plain view will make them even more rarely used, because a lot of them are very unique and could be fun to rp in but are usually overlooked. Quick Nav would be a blessing though, especially for the information boards!
Cays
Post Wed 25 Dec 2019 - 21:28 by Cays
That's a completely valid concern. Though I feel like they are currently overlooked anyways with the current setup. The ones that see the most activity is the borders... unless we can somehow make the inner territory areas more exciting somehow.
Drippy
Post Thu 26 Dec 2019 - 22:33 by Drippy
I'm all for condensing the territories, as long as there's Quick Nav for all of them so it's easy to access each part of the territory without having to go through a maze of boards first. I could go either way with the camp placement, though. I don't think they need to stay on the main page for access' sake since it would be easy to reach them using Quick Nav, but it does make sense to have them separate from the territories since they're used more often.
also YES the mobile version of WCC needs some love, I think some more organization would help a ton!
Mosspelt
Post Mon 30 Dec 2019 - 18:19 by Mosspelt
Hello everyone!! We appreciate all of your responses so far, and we'd love for you to fill this anonymous form out as well! If you have any concerns or suggestions, please let us know here. We appreciate all of your hard work and attention!

Organisation for the new Decade!

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Announcements :: Announcements-
Jump to: