Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

dark won't yield to dawn

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6056

dark won't yield to dawn Empty
PostSubject: dark won't yield to dawn   dark won't yield to dawn EmptyWed 11 Dec 2019, 11:49 pm

In the aftermath of war, Mothglow found herself at the entrance to the ShadowClan leader's den.

To guide, to advise? No. It wasn't one of Sunpaw's cryptic messages, or even StarClan's sign regarding Nightpaw, that had led her here - though she reminded herself she should mention it, even if Thornstar refused her request; it could be important somehow. What brought her here now was more complicated than that.

While the pain and loss weighed her down - less now than it once had, deaths piling up as a tally in the back of her mind; but the sense of loss was something she couldn't ignore - she knew it couldn't be any easier for Thornstar. After all, despite how heavy they felt now, Mothglow's paws weren't stained with blood; accident or otherwise.

And despite how strong her adoptive mother often seemed, she wasn't quite invincible. The lives of a leader were a blessing to receive, but they were only that. Nine lives, not immortality; and they certainly hadn't made her unshakable.

She was strong, but even strong things could crack. A den made of the strongest materials could still fall apart.

So Mothglow stood in the entrance to Thornstar's den, awkwardly shuffling her weight from one paw to the other and trying not to look as nervous as she felt. "Um... If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to have someone come with me while I gather herbs. But it seems like everyone else is busy." That was a blatant lie. If Mothglow turned around - or, indeed, if Thornstar just looked past her - she'd see two warriors and three apprentices that had just finished eating, sharing tongues next to the fresh-kill pile. "Well, there's that, and... I'd like to spend some time with you."

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Kari
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 906

PostSubject: Re: dark won't yield to dawn   dark won't yield to dawn EmptyTue 24 Dec 2019, 1:29 am

Today had been... something.

A blur, mostly.

She'd been so lost in her head lately she couldn't remember when she last ate. Today was mostly spent in deep contemplation, rolling the smooth river stone Dacepaw had given to her back and forth.

Thornstar lifted her head at Mothglow's voice. She dully processed her words for a long moment before nodding. She didn't even bother to actually check to see if Mothglow's claim. It didn't even register to her that the she-cat might be fibbing. Instead she just rose to her paws and nudged her stone back into it's little bed of moss beside her nest. "Yeah. Coming."

Might as well do something today.

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

dark won't yield to dawn QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: dark won't yield to dawn   dark won't yield to dawn EmptyTue 24 Dec 2019, 1:47 am

It was odd for Mothglow to be patient, or anything remotely resembling the word, but in that moment she waited very patiently for Thornstar to join her, and led the way out into the marsh. Once she was sure they were well out of earshot of anyone else, she spoke. "I have some things to talk to you about, but first... Are you okay?"

Back to top Go down
Kari
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 906

PostSubject: Re: dark won't yield to dawn   dark won't yield to dawn EmptyTue 24 Dec 2019, 2:48 am

She had expected this. Mothglow was nothing if not compassionate, and out of all the people in her life she was the sole cat to have seen her at her absolute worst.

She knew when Thornstar wasn't... alright.

When her mind wouldn't settle.

Honestly, if it were anyone else at any other time, she'd have ignored them or dismissed the question. She didn't need people fretting over her when she was a grown cat who could handle herself.

However this was Mothglow...

And she had to admit, she wasn't okay.

But she didn't dare say that. Instead the proud she-cat merely shook her head in response.

She couldn't put a voice to the thoughts rolling through her head. No words of remorse would undo her wrongdoings or bring justice to the Skyclanner who's life she'd ended prematurely.

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

dark won't yield to dawn QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: dark won't yield to dawn   dark won't yield to dawn EmptyFri 27 Dec 2019, 8:32 am

"That's okay, too," Mothglow told her, having already known the answer. "I... I don't think any of us are really okay right now." There was a pause, a quiet moment, before she continued, "I know I'm not, anyway. But I can't imagine everyone else is, either." She was keeping an eye out for herbs as they walked, but she also kept one eye on Thornstar. "Oh, um... Last time I went to the Moonstone, I think StarClan was trying to give me a message about Nightpaw? But I can't figure out what it meant. I saw him in this river, and there was another cat too, but I couldn't see them? And then there were more hard-to-understand messages..."

Mistakes aren't always regrets, Sunpaw had told her. What did that even mean?

"That was the big thing I needed to talk about. You should know what I know about what's going on, even if I don't know everything... Or anything, really. I just know what they tell me, and StarClan seems to hate giving straight answers about anything. But... I meant what I said. It's okay if you're not okay. No one can be okay all the time."

She would know, Mothglow thought to herself. She'd spent a good deal of her life trying, after all.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dark won't yield to dawn   dark won't yield to dawn Empty

Back to top Go down

dark won't yield to dawn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory-