Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Nervous [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

Nervous [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Nervous [closed]   Nervous [closed] EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 7:39

The golden tabby hadn't hated her softly jingling collar for a moon, but now Marmalade wished more than anything that she could remove it or at least silence it. It wasn't as loud as other kittypets' collars, but a forest cat could hear it many fox-lengths away. Her tail twitched nervously as she mo ed through SkyClan's territory, searching anxiously for signs of the morning patrol or any paw steps in the fresh snow. Most importantly, Marmalade sought Leaftwirl, her dear friend who she had abandoned, last seen at Tinystar's trial. She didn't call out like she had in ThunderClan; she feared she might have earned the wrath of her former Clanmates.

Nervous [closed] VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6735

Nervous [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nervous [closed]   Nervous [closed] EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 7:48

The hunting patrol should have probably been less lax than they were. However, the patrol leader seemed to not mind that she strayed away as long as she checked in every now and then. Basilpaw dug her nose through the snow, seeking out the now buried and hidden scents. Perhaps it would be better to look for squirrel tracks or find a nest in a tree. Tree climbing didn't sound like a bad idea. Although, she had been warned more than once about the heightened danger of climbing in ice and snow. Flexing her claws in front of her face, she considered it, but was distracted by a flash of ginger fur. Immediately, Basilpaw glanced up, curiously. There was a cat! It didn't seem like a clan cat. This one was more timid and reserved. And it had a strange thing around it's neck. This had to be a kittypet! She had always wanted to see one. Trotring over, she greeted the newcomer cheerfully, "Hello there my names Basilpaw and you're on Skyclan territory. Are you lost? You look like a kittypet. The twolegplace is that way. I can take you there if you want. Just don't hunt here because we don't have a lot of prey right now." Her tail flickered in the direction of the twoleg nests and she waved it excitedly as she awaited a response.

Nervous [closed] Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

Nervous [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nervous [closed]   Nervous [closed] EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 7:59

Soft movement and crunching of the terrain caught Marmalade's attention, and the kittypet perked up and stared intently as a cat came into sight. They were certainly SkyClan, but a few other familiar things stuck out - namely, very large ears, so similar to Sunflower's that a cat might as well have taken them right off his head. The she-cat approached with her tail high and friendly, much to Marmalade's surprise.

"Basilpaw! A good apprentice name, for a good apprentice; I promise you, I'm not here to hunt. I respect the forest, and I know how difficult this time can be," the golden tabby replied. Marmalade smiled and said, "I am a kittypet, but I came from the forest, I was here looking for my friend. I think you might know her. Do you... know where Leaftwirl is?"

Nervous [closed] VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo

Nervous [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nervous [closed]   Nervous [closed] EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 8:04

She was glad the she-cat seemed to be friendly too. That was good. A soft purr left her maw at the praise. It did not even strike her odd that this kittypet knew of apprenticeship. Basilpaw found herself relieved that there wasn't a threat to their prey. She had yet to fight in any battles, but defending her clan still had to be priority, even if she was making a friend. What the other cat said next was so unexpected that Basilpaw blinked slowly before responding. Leaftwirl. This cat knew her mother. While the grieving process had taken a strange form on the young she-cat, now her words stuck in her throat for a moment. Stumbing over her words ever so slightly, Basilpaw was reminded of her friend Foxfire, which made her whiskers twitch, "Uh, well, Leaftwirl... she foud her happiness. She's not here."

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

Nervous [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nervous [closed]   Nervous [closed] EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 8:11

Marmalade hesitated slightly at Basilpaw's quick change in facial features. The kittypet's tail flicked, and she blinked once, slowly, as the she-cat before her found her words and made her statement. Marmalade thought for a moment, a sinking feeling in her stomach. The way the apprentice drooped, how she phrased it... "Oh, Leaftwirl," Marmalade murmured, "She was feeling sad and lost before I left... Happiness was all I wanted for her." It could be an adventure to the world beyond, or it could be an adventure to another world. She sadly suspected the latter.The golden tabby searched the other she-cat's face for a minute, and then she ventured, "Are you... her kin? I didn't get to see her kitting, but I heard from the medicine cats."
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

Nervous [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nervous [closed]   Nervous [closed] EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 8:46

Knowing this cat, whoever she was, had also wished for the late tabby's happiness caused a flicker of a smile on her maw. It was that moment she knew this definitely was a true friend to her mother; she understood. Basilpaw watched the conflict in expression, knowing the kittypet would be experiencing her newfound grief at the knowledge. She waited patiently, glancing over her shoulder in case the other patrol members were to stray near. And then, the question. Basilpaw looked back with bright green eyes, "I'm her daughter. We were born at a gathering. Not many cats can say that! What's your name friend of Leaftwirl? If mother was friends with you, we could be friends too." Knowing she hailed from the forest, somehow, the ginger cat probably knew of what gatherings were. Although it hardly came up, that was an exciting start for any cat. She found herself wondering if any cat recognized her after that night. Maybe she could ask around next time.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

Nervous [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nervous [closed]   Nervous [closed] EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 8:58

Marmalade would grieve for Leaftwirl later, certainly, but for now the present SkyClan cat took precedence. Basilpaw's eyes glimmered as she confirmed that, yes, she was Leaftwirl's daughter. The golden tabby cat chuckled lightly and nodded along with the she-cat's words, purring, "That was what I heard; I'm sorry I missed it, she could have used the extra paw." Now it was time for Basilpaw to ask a question. Marmalade blinked, whiskers twitching once, but then her smile returned and she answered, "I would love to be your friend - my Clan-given name, as your mother knew me, is Amberdawn. I was a medicine cat apprentice of SkyClan, apprentice to Mintwhisker and grand-daughter of Tinystar." The names felt distasteful and strange on her tongue after so long. Sheepishly, Marmalade added, "I wasn't sure what the Clan might say or think of me now."

Nervous [closed] VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

Nervous [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nervous [closed]   Nervous [closed] EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 9:12

"They did okay but I heard it was certainly fun to watch." Basilpaw chuckled softly. It was a memory that wasn't necessarily her own, but she found comfort in it now. Leaftwirl had been an incredible cat, bringing her and her littermate into the world. Even if they hadn't known her name, at least several cats in the forest had witnessed her miracle as a queen. She had consideres this for a moment before Marmalade confirmed their newfound friendship. Thankfully most cats she had met were friendly in her short life. Basilpaw didn't look forward to when that might change. She nodded, wide ears flicking slightly at the knowledge, "You're a Skyclan cat! I can see it. You look like a Skyclan cat. I bet Tinystar would be happy to see you. He's my grandfather too. We haven't talked much but family is family. Besides, I haven't hears anyone say anything bad about you Amberdawn. You know... they buried Leaftwirl like a warrior. Even after she left. There was a vigil too."

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

Nervous [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nervous [closed]   Nervous [closed] EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 10:12

Marmalade chuckled at Basilpaw's casual comments about the birth. Mossbloom had done wonderfully, no doubt, along with whichever other medicine cats were present, for Leaftwirl had come through with her kits in the end. The keen SkyClan cat seemed impressed and satisfied with Marmalade's response, and the kittypet blushed at her new friend's words of reassurance and affirmation. The thought of seeing Tinystar, after she'd left him to suffer at the paws of their own Clanmates, made her uneasy, but she still smiled at Basilpaw. At the mention of Leaftwirl's burial, Marmalade's fear was confirmed. She took it in stride. "She of all cats deserved it. She was good, through and through. I loved her like kin."

Marmalade had a million questions - she wanted to know what happened, did Basilpaw say that Leaftwirl left? - but the present hung more strongly now and the questions died off quickly. Instead, the tabby smiled and examined Basilpaw. "You look like your mother's daughter - and your father's, too. I.. well, I hope I'm not making any incorrect assumptions about Sunflower."

Nervous [closed] VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

Nervous [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nervous [closed]   Nervous [closed] EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 10:36

Basilpaw settled back on her hindquarters, ignoring the chill of the snow she could feel already through her shorter coat. While everyone else was chasing their prey, she was sure they wouldn't mind if she had a conversation with another Skyclanner. Besides, there was plenty of daylight. Once again, the joy of hearing someone speak well of Leaftwirl crossed her maw. She could see why her mother had liked Amberdawn. As Marmalade continue to speak, she tried to glance up at her ears without success, "Yeah Sunflower is my father. He's like... as big as a skunk. I have no idea how big those are, but they sound big. Maybe someday I'll grow as tall as he is. I'm also hoping I'll get Leaftwirl's stripes too. She was so pretty. My coat is pretty plain." As she chattered away, the grey and tan she-cat glanced around a bit before meeting Marmalade's gaze once more.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

Nervous [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nervous [closed]   Nervous [closed] EmptyTue 3 Dec 2019 - 10:54

The other she-cat settled down into the snow, but Marmalade didn't want to presume too much by making herself, a kittypet ex-SkyClan cat, comfortable in territory that was no longer her own. Basilpaw may have been an apprentice of the Clan and the daughter of two respected members, but that didn't mean that her welcome necessarily went for all the Clan regardless of what she said. The golden tabby listened intently as Basilpaw confirmed her relations and spoke of how she knew she was like them and wanted to become more like them as well. Marmalade chuckled at the description of Sunflower, wondering what SkyClan would be like in a world where Sunflower was not only as big as a raccoon but as brave, too. "She had a beautiful smile, too, and a good heart, both of which you clearly inherited."

She noticed Basilpaw's peeking around and remembered the she-cat had done so earlier as well. Come to think of it, Marmalade realized she foolishly hadn't scented anything at all when she'd heard Basilpaw approaching. Marmalade asked curiously, "Are you out on a patrol right now, Basilpaw?" She felt a bit nervous.

Nervous [closed] VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nervous [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nervous [closed]   Nervous [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Nervous [closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Territory-
Jump to: