Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Restless Wounded {open}

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
deleted user
Former Staff
Former Staff
deleted user

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1305

The Restless Wounded {open} Empty
PostSubject: The Restless Wounded {open}   The Restless Wounded {open} EmptyFri 29 Nov 2019 - 7:32

Duskpaw had spent the last few nights in Mossbloom's den, at least that is what her nose had told her. The blood on her face had scabbed over, leaving the apprentice with a crimson mask. She could smell the metallic taste of war, and yet could also distinguish the leaves and the bitter scent of herbs. Her moss nest had been torn from the tossing and turning. Duskpaw's spirit refused to be blind and yet her body did not comply. That fox had taken her sight, but she had taken its life. A fatal trade, one that the apprentice had not yet come to terms with.

The medicine den was often full of wounded cats, returning from the war with ShadowClan. Duskpaw pricked her ears to listen, catching strands of conversations. She badly wished to join them, however her current condition forbade such a thing. "Mossbloom?" She asked, stretched out to the fullest on her nest. "Can you fix my eyes please?" It was a question she had repeated daily, each morning convinced that a simple inquiry could return one of her key senses. Duskpaw wished badly to see her beasts and the world around her. Pricklebush and Hazelpaw had been avenged, and her noble form of justice had been dealt, but what about the rest of those around her? Who would set their path straight in the form of blood?

Duskpaw would often practice her hunting crouch in the den itself, despite all logic. Her leaps would scuffle the herbs so carefully arranged by Mossbloom, and her sweeping tail would arise dust. Bored and chained, Duskpaw longed to wander out into the forest once again. The pain was still crippling, but it could not dull her sense of adventure. "Mossbloom? Can I go outside?"

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

active thursday - sunday

read about my cats below

(updated on days listed above)
lemon's sourcats

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: The Restless Wounded {open}   The Restless Wounded {open} EmptySat 30 Nov 2019 - 5:27

This was the worst sleeping arrangement ever. For the first night since Dacepaw had joined ThunderClan, she was wholly, completely alone. Houndheart had moved to the warriors' den a moon ago, but Duskpaw - warm, bold and comforting - had been enough to sate the need for affection. Dacepaw and Duskpaw had been closer for a time... no more, it seemed. Things changed when Duskpaw got hurt. Now the other apprentice had to stay in the medicine cat's den all the time.

Dacepaw couldn't understand the feeling of guilt and discomfort in the back of her mind - Why didn't I realize she was going to fight a fox? How come I didn't train harder with her, is it my fault she's hurt? Why didn't I go with her? Why didn't she invite me...? Duskpaw's absence was terrible, but the thought that the somewhat emotionally detached apprentice hadn't even considered Dacepaw stung the tortoiseshell. She didn't want to be alone; she'd thought Duskpaw didn't, either.

The dilute tortoiseshell she-cat was padding past the medicine cat's den absently when she heard a voice call out from inside. The kittish heart of love Dacepaw helf immediately fluttered, and she felt some of her sadness melt a little at the sound of her dear friend's voice. Her thick tail flicked with thought for one brief moment before she turned her course to trot to the medicine den. Dacepaw poked her head in, looking hopefully into the dull light. "Duskpaw, was that you?" the apprentice asked, blinking rapidly until her eyes fell on her friend. Dacepaw hesitated, though her face lit up like the dawn upon seeing her dear friend. "Oh! It is you! You're awake!"

She noticed the other cats in the den, now, wounded and quietly sleeping, and Dacepaw drooped a little and looked worriedly for Mossbloom. "I-I want to visit, but I don't want to be in the way..."

The Restless Wounded {open} VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: The Restless Wounded {open}   The Restless Wounded {open} EmptySat 30 Nov 2019 - 10:08

Mossbloom's head poked out of the crevice that housed the herbs and had to suppress a sigh as she took in the sight of Duskpaw's torn and shredded nest, now displaced. The she-cat had a lot to go through, losing her sight the way that she had and facing the difficulties that accompanied such an injury. Still, the thought of having to go and collect moss to fix a new nest once more was not something she was looking forward to at the moment. As the question that came daily, more than once a day most days, came, she blinked in sympathy. The wounds had been deep, and terrible. They would almost definitely scar, marring the face that was so reminiscent of their father's.... But despite that, Mossbloom had hope. While yes, the wounds had been deep, she didn't believe that they had reached fully to the eye. The blindness, she believed, was due to the scabs from the wounds holding the she-cat's eyes closed, once they healed further and scarred she should be able to open them once more. Only time would tell if Mossbloom's suspicions were correct, however, as she couldn't fully check without causing further injury to the eyes of Duskpaw... And that was the last thing she wanted to do.

Squeezing out of the herb stores, another voice sounded at the entrance to the den. Looking towards it, she smiled as she saw Dacepaw, nodding welcomingly towards her. "Of course you can visit, Dacepaw, don't worry. Just keep your voice down, okay?" Padding over to Duskpaw's side, she inspected the wounds carefully before responding to her questions. "Duskpaw... I do truly believe that I'll be able to fix your sight. But it will still take some more time. I can't make any promises of the final outcome, but I can promise you that I will work as hard as I can to get your vision back. As far as going outside..." She gazed around the den at the sleeping cats, most of the injuries from the battle with ShadowClan had healed well.... No scent of infection was in the air... She should be okay, and she did need more moss now.... 

"Yes, you may go outside. But first, let me put some more poultice on your eyes, just in case. We can all go get moss, if you'd like to come as well Dacepaw?" Her eyes sought out the other apprentice's as she pulled the herbs together to make the mixture for Duskpaw's eyes. Celandine she chewed well before dripping the juices into the she-cat's eyes, before 
grabbing some horsetail and applying that around the she-cat's eyes tenderly, being careful to avoid the celandine juice. Finally, she pushed a bit of chamomile to Duskpaw's paw, letting her feel it there. "Eat this, and then we can go outside. Okay? Without your sight, you'll have to really focus on your other senses, but I'll be here to help."  Turning to look at Dacepaw once more, the silent question lingered. Would the other apprentice join them?

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

The Restless Wounded {open} Giphy
Back to top Go down
deleted user
Former Staff
Former Staff
deleted user

Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Restless Wounded {open}   The Restless Wounded {open} EmptySun 1 Dec 2019 - 9:09

Duskpaw rolled onto her back as she waited for Mossbloom's response. The she-cat wondered what the roof of the medicine den looked like today. She stuck her paws into the air and clawed at imaginary beasts, when a familiar scent reached the air. A voice followed, and Duskpaw rolled back over with a purr, grinning. "Dacepaw!" Duskpaw padded forward carefully until her scabbed nose touched that of her friend. "Do I have scars Dacepaw? Do I look like Beartooth?" Her friend asked if she could stay, in which Mossbloom replied with a yes, as long as she was quiet.

The wounded apprentice purred and rubbed her cheek against Dacepaw's, glad for her friend's fuzzy pelt. Her attention was diverted however as Mossbloom commented on her sight, speaking quietly that she could possibly fix it. "Thank you..." Duskpaw whispered, staring in the direction of the medicine cat. The she-cat smiled as Mossbloom spoke of outside. She was going to let them outside! For a moment, Duskpaw had felt like a kit again, stuck in camp, small and unable to adventure to her heart's content. But her heart soared with the thought of the wind on her face once again.

The she-cat stood patiently as Mossbloom applied something sticky to her face, giving the apprentice a stinky herb to eat as well. Duskpaw wrinkled her nose as far as her scabs would allow as she swallowed the pungent thing down. Sight dark and black, the she-cat sniffed the air and found Dacepaw, hoping her friend would join.

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

active thursday - sunday

read about my cats below

lemon's sourcats

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Restless Wounded {open}   The Restless Wounded {open} EmptyMon 2 Dec 2019 - 6:45

Mossbloom's head popped out from the rear shadows of the den, and Dacepaw's green-hazel eyes immediately landed on the medicine cat's, awaiting permission. The kindly she-cat nodded in a warm welcome, reminding the apprentice to keep it down if she could. Dacepaw nodded her mottled head vigorously, immediately turning to look excitedly for her wounded friend who was rolling to her paws. The tortoiseshell apprentice couldn't help but wince slightly at the sight of Duskpaw's wounds all over her face, thinking of her own raccoon scars that spanned her cheeks and how painful and uncomfortable it was. Dacepaw had peered into the medicine den once, when Duskpaw was first hurt, but things had gotten very full and busy. She'd respectfully stayed away, even though her heart ached about her empty nest. Dacepaw was immensely grateful to be with Duskpaw again.

The brown tabby with the clawed-up face touched her nose to Dacepaw's, and the she-kit's thundering purr began involuntarily at the electrifying touch. Tears started to form ever so slightly in Dacepaw's eyes; she was more relieved than she could express to see her friend up and still as vibrantly enthusiastic as ever. "I bet Beartooth is gonna think your scars are even cooler than his," Dacepaw answered certainly, and then the two she-cats were rubbing their cheeks together with love and adoration; the former RiverClan cat was careful not to press too hard, though she thought nothing of the remnants of Duskpaw's gooey poultice on her fur.

The medicine cat looked Duskpaw over briefly, and Mossbloom spoke soft, calm words of reassurance that were meant for the injured cat but served to soothe Dacepaw as well: the other apprentice's eyes would be okay. Dacepaw perked up at the mention of going outside, and at Duskpaw's smile the tortoiseshell knew that was exactly what they'd do. She watched curiously as the calico she-cat began to replace Duskpaw's poultice with a fresh one. She shivered slightly, watching how carefully and delicately Mossbloom worked on the still somewhat grisly injuries. She's so strong - but not like Dawngaze is strong. She's... a different kind of strong. A quieter strong. The thought floated in and away again.

As soon as all the treatment was done and Mossbloom looked at her again - and Duskpaw, too, sought her out hopefully - Dacepaw nodded vigorously and immediately moved to the other apprentice's side, pressing her thick coat against her friend's. "Yes please, Mossbloom, I'd love to come help get moss for you." Her purr began picking up again, and she pressed the side of her head against Duskpaw's, mewing meaningfully, "I'll be like your eyes, Duskpaw, if you want. I can tell you all the stuff we see so you don't miss out."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Restless Wounded {open}   The Restless Wounded {open} EmptySat 14 Dec 2019 - 6:14

At the whispered thanks, Mossbloom simply pressed her nose gently to the apprentice's cheek. "Of course." We're sisters, after all, she added silently, longing to see if that information had ever been revealed. Although, if it hadn't... It would probably come as a shock. Combined with the still-recent loss of Hazelpaw, well... Perhaps another time she thought as Duskpaw smiled at the thought of going outside, and sat still as she placed the herbs around her eyes. Dacepaw didn't take long to voice her agreement, and Mossbloom smiled in relief. "Wonderful! Then let's get going, shall we? Or, do you think we should grab one more, perhaps a warrior to keep us company? After all, it would be nice to have an extra set of paws..." Her eyes landed on Houndheart as they left the medicine den behind, and she flicked her tail over. "Imagine that, it looks like Houndheart isn't very busy, would you guys mind bringing him along?"

Approaching the somewhat distant tom, Mossbloom turned her head to peer up at him. "Hey, Houndheart, are you preparing to go on a patrol? If not, would you mind joining Dacepaw, Duskpaw and me in getting some moss? Duskpaw could use some fresh air, and I'd appreciate having a warrior - just in case - and you were the first cat I thought of. Do you mind?" She waited for his answer with bated breath, unsure of what his answer would be. Hopefully he would agree....

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6735

PostSubject: Re: The Restless Wounded {open}   The Restless Wounded {open} EmptySat 14 Dec 2019 - 6:25

Houndheart wasn't doing much of anything at all, in fact, he found himself to be rather board on this particular day. Being a part of the night guard left him constantly low on sleep, but also and way less normal patrols. For the waking hours of daytime, the tabby tom was left to his own devices. And he had no idea what to do with all this freedom. It was what he was deciding when Mossbloom padded over. Immediately, his ears perked and he looked at the medicine cat. Her green gaze was as dazzling as ever. The tom clenched his gaze tightly at the thought and focused on her words instead. But it was hard to not consider such a thing when staring directly into her face, so he glanced at the pair behind her.

'You were the first cat I thought of' The fur over his spine tingled at the words. Mossbloom has specifically sought him out. Straightening up, the tabby warrior nodded, "I've got nothing to do now that Oakstar is running me ragged for the Night Patrol... besides, I'd love to." He nodded to her but didn't acknowledge the enthusiasm of his words as he padded towards Duskpaw and Dacepaw. There was a low rumble of a purr in his chest, an involuntary action that was cut short a moment later by his words, "If either of you tell any cat that I can purr, I'll take your ears off." He grumbled, but there were hints of a smirk across his maw. Truth was, he was delighted for several reasons. The stupid attraction he had to Mossbloom was satisfied by the knowledge she wanted him along, and he was going to be in company with the few friends he had. Even with everything else going on, and the constant lack of rest, this seemed like it was going to be a good moment

The Restless Wounded {open} Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
deleted user
Former Staff
Former Staff
deleted user

Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Restless Wounded {open}   The Restless Wounded {open} EmptySun 22 Dec 2019 - 11:49

"Thank you Dacepaw." Duskpaw mewed contemplatively, letting her whiskers stick to Dacepaw's as her friend guided her through camp. Mossbloom spoke of Houndheart, and with a quick taste of the air, Duskpaw realized that in fact the tall warrior was close. She grinned widely and forgot all precautions, running straight toward the scent and bowling into something furry and lanky. "Houndheart look at my eyes." She spoke cheerfully, as if she was chasing a butterfly. "There's a lot of scabs on them, I think they'll make cool scars." She allowed the warrior to find his footing, soon rejoining Dacepaw at her side, padding through the entrance tunnel.

The air tasted different, and the leaves crunching under her feet were amplified tenfold. All the apprentice's other senses seemed to be heightened as she padded through the dying forest. Duskpaw did not think of the possible permanence of her blind state, instead she imagined the force darkness to resemble a game. Worms did not have eyes. She felt like a worm, under the dirt. It made her giggle. "Dacepaw?" Duskpaw whispered, keeping close to her fuzzy friend for guidance. "Do you think my warrior name can be Duskworm? Maybe if I bring Oakstar some prey he'll make my warrior name Duskworm." The she-cat giggled as the wind picked up, lifting her nose to scent the leaf mulch and the browning undergrowth that brushed against her pelt.

A few birds cawed from overhead, their sounds echoing through her ears. Duskpaw found herself jumping as a crunchy leaf blew into her face. She wondered if someone was watching her like a worm. Duskpaw liked to watch worms. Perhaps they noticed her blind form wriggle on the forest below, maybe her fur was shiny, maybe there were spiders under her paws. Duskpaw wondered who would watch her, and wondered how she would hide if they did. She thought of all the hollow trees and tunnels, and was sad her eyes were gone. She would have difficulty hiding from a watcher if they came.

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

active thursday - sunday

read about my cats below

lemon's sourcats

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Restless Wounded {open}   The Restless Wounded {open} EmptySun 29 Dec 2019 - 15:17

Dacepaw felt reassured and delighted as Duskpaw quickly accepted her offer to help guide her. Green-hazel eyes shining with excitement, she looked expectantly at Mossbloom. The medicine cat didn't keep them waiting, already beginning to turn and exit the den. Dacepaw swept her thick, bushy tail against Duskpaw's back legs, gently nudging her forward alongside her. "Keep your head close to mine so you don't scratch the exit," Dacepaw suggested, and then they were in the light of the camp clearing. Mossbloom was suggesting that perhaps they bring a companion along, and the tortoiseshell made a little chirp of agreement which turned into a squeak of joy at the mention of one of her dearest friends, Houndheart. Dacepaw mewed like an eager kit, "Oh! Yes please, Houndheart is the best!"

The medicine cat went off towards him, and already Houndheart was lifting his head and gazing attentively at Mossbloom. "She's asking if he wants to come," Dacepaw explained to Duskpaw as the pair drew nearer, "but he'll say yes!" As if on cue, Houndheart nodded, and then he and Mossbloom were returning to the two she-cat apprentices. Duskpaw, sensing Houndheart's approach, raced towards him, and Dacepaw quickly scampered to glue herself to her loved one's side again as the group met in the center of camp. Dacepaw only grinned at Houndheart's threat, nodding dutifully - she'd had this talk before, she knew what to do!

Duskpaw was ready to leave camp, it seemed, and so Dacepaw gladly helped to guide her that way, proclaiming, "Come on, Houndheart and Mossbloom! We've got moss to find!" The two she-cats were the first through the tunnel, and Dacepaw took in a deep, content breath before letting her friend know they were clear from camp. Duskpaw softly said Dacepaw's name and asked about the warrior name of "Duskworm". "The worms like it when it's dark and dusky out, just like you do! I bet he'd say yes; it makes sense," Dacepaw agreed. "Daceworm" didn't sound nearly as good, but she had to secretly admit she didn't like worms quite as much as Duskpaw did. Oakstar would come up with something good for her when her time came. Personally, Dacepaw thought that Dusklight or Duskbeam would be pretty - just like Duskpaw was.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Restless Wounded {open}   The Restless Wounded {open} EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 10:52

Mossbloom nodded to Houndheart, a flash of fatigue and understanding shining in her gaze as she agreed with him. "It's certainly been difficult to keep track off, but you've been doing great, Houndheart. Thank you." With that, Mossbloom turned to follow him as he joined the other two, smiling that they had all come along. This would be a fun day, hopefully nothing would go wrong. She came up as the two she-cats talked about the warrior name Duskworm, and chuckled to herself at the thought. That was certainly an odd name, but it fit Duskpaw's likes. As the two padded out of camp, Mossbloom followed them, letting Houndheart fall into place at the back of their group. In case something happened, she needed to be able to step in to help Duskpaw. 

It was such a beautiful day out, and Mossbloom found herself taking note of the forest's colors and scents more than usual. She did have the hope that Duskpaw's sight could be restored, but in case it wouldn't... She would see for her. Standing back as she let the two she-cat's and Houndheart step into the forest, she turned her attention to moss. She needed a reason for them to leave camp, but really she had just wanted to offer Duskpaw the opportunity to escape from the medicine den for a time, no matter how short. Hopefully she would have fun.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Restless Wounded {open}   The Restless Wounded {open} Empty

Back to top Go down

The Restless Wounded {open}
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Camp :: ThunderClan Medicine Den-
Jump to: