Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2502

Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed]   Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed] EmptyWed 30 Oct 2019 - 18:50

The territory was a little soggy today, which meant easy hunting for a Leaf-Fall day. Tracking would be a little bit trickier to navigate, but the heavy must of rain hid a cat's scent well enough, and with all the crunchy leaves littering the ground, you nearly had to be trying to make too much noise. Ferretnose got Rainpaw up early, as the dawn patrol head out to check borders. It was a marvelously lukewarm morning, all things considered, and the warrior couldn't help but have high spirits about this new chapter of her life. Rainpaw seemed enthusiastic about starting her warrior training, which was all Ferretnose could have hoped for.

"ThunderClan is best suited for the low-down parts of the forest," she explained, her good eye sweeping the immediate area, "Which is good if you're a shortie like me. We move close to the ground, we duck under bushes, and we use strategy to find our prey in the maze of brambles and ferns. It doesn't hurt to branch out a little, though. Whatever it takes to bring home the fresh-kill, that's what I always say. Smell the air, dear, tell me what you find."

Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed] TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #cb945f

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

PostSubject: Re: Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed]   Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed] EmptyThu 31 Oct 2019 - 18:37

"Are you sure we can't do battle training first?" Rainpaw asked doubtfully. She was, to be perfectly honestly, quite uninterested in hunting. Any cat could catch a mouse, and the fresh-kill pile had been nice and full lately anyway. Plenty left over without her having to hunt, too. It just felt redundant. But she plodded along after her mentor, anyway, hoping the patched tabby would change her mind but knowing she wouldn't.

Rainpaw sank back to her haunches in the moist leaf-litter, a small hiss of annoyance escaping her as the moisture soaked through her fur and to the skin. But she begrudgingly flared her nostrils, taking in the scents of the area. Wet leaves. ThunderClan cats. And... what was that? Her eyes narrowed in concentration, trying to pick out the memory that was triggered by the scent...

"Squirrel?"
she asked, pale eyes sweeping the surroundings.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed]   Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed] EmptySat 2 Nov 2019 - 19:11

Ferretnose purred gleefully. "That's a good nose you've got!" she mewed quietly. "Battles are rare in a warrior's life, dear. Hunting, however, happens every single day, sunrise to sundown. Besides, Leafbare is coming. We need strong, light-footed apprentices to pick up the slack when prey runs dry. I'll teach you to fight when the time comes, I promise."

Flicking her tail for Rainpaw to follow, she began to step soundlessly through the brambles and weeds, her belly fur touching the forest floor. She crawled slowly, giving Rainpaw time to mimic her movements. The prey was close, and the pair of she-cats were downwind. Ferretnose shuffled to her apprentice's side, laying her tail across the younger one's spine.

"Keep your haunches low," Ferretnose explained in a whisper. "Think of your body like a moss-ball and aim it to land right on the squirrel's head. There's some branches from a bush right above our heads. Watch that they don't disrupt your pounce. You can do it!"

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed]   Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed] EmptyTue 5 Nov 2019 - 1:48

Unsatisfied with that answer, but also unwilling to look like a whiny kit in front of her mentor, Rainpaw nodded. She followed Ferretnose, mimicking the warrior's stance and wincing as the cold wetness of the forest floor seeped into her belly fur. It was never this damp and cold in the nursery, and for a moment she longed to be back in the warmth and comfort of Grayleaf's nest.

No, you're not a kit anymore. Pull yourself together.

Nearly flinching at the touch of her mentor's tail on her back, Rainpaw adjusted her stance to be identical to Ferretnose's, eyes flicking to survey the branches she'd been warned about. "Okay," she said quietly, exhaling long and slow. Rainpaw crept forward, eyes narrowing on the squirrel that was blissfully unaware of her presence. Feeling Ferretnose's gaze burning on her pelt, Rainpaw waited until the squirrel was distracted by a nut and then darted forward, low against the forest floor. Too late, the squirrel saw her and attempted to flee, but she was atop it before it had the chance, dispatching it with a swift bite to the spine.

A tingling sensation ran down her spine at the taste of blood on her tongue - never before had she tasted fresh-kill so... well, fresh. And she liked it. Swiping her tongue across her lips, Rainpaw placed one paw on the squirrel and looked over her shoulder to desperately seek approval in her mentor's eyes.

Rainpaw:
Health 20
Stamina 77 (-3)

Last edited by JJ on Tue 5 Nov 2019 - 1:53; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15095

PostSubject: Re: Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed]   Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed] EmptyTue 5 Nov 2019 - 1:48

The member 'JJ' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed]   Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed] EmptyTue 5 Nov 2019 - 16:50

"Outstanding!" Ferretnose chirped with pride, hopping out of her hiding place looking quite like a songbird on a branch. "You're off to a great start. You can hide that away somewhere, under the brambles where nothing can get to it. There's been too many predators out and about, and I can't risk you getting..."

The she-cat trailed off, chewing the inside of her lip with contemplation. Hazelpaw's poor, ragged frame tugged at her memory. Her former apprentice didn't stand a chance. She was small, wily, inexperienced, and Ferretnose had failed her. Now, Rainpaw looked up to her with an equal mix of attentiveness and enthusiasm. The warrior had two choices now. Though she had planned for battle training another day, there was too much at stake. Rainpaw needed to defend herself as quickly as possible. Ferretnose hated to fight. Battle was terrifying and risky, but predators did not listen to reason. They'd gobble up little Rainpaw like she was a robin's egg.

"I'll be right back, don't move!" Ferretnose promised as she stalked off into the undergrowth. She picked the first piece of prey she could spot: a little grey mouse. Bunching up her haunches, Ferretnose pounced at the mouse.

Ferretnose attempted to catch a rodent. It was successful!

Ferretnose:
80/80 HP
237/240 SP (-3)

Making quick work of it, she took her prize back to where Rainpaw waited patiently for her return. She tossed the mouse between them. "There are two rules I have as your mentor. One: you will never leave camp alone under any circumstances. Two: you will show restraint and dignity in battle... unless your enemy is trying to kill you. I know I said we would train you for battle later, but I'm not kicking you out of the nursery and not teaching you to protect your own hide. I'm sure you've heard the gossip about what happened to Hazelpaw. This will not happen to you if you follow my rules."

Ferretnose finished her speech with an inviting flick of her tail. "We're going to play a game, Rainpaw. Pretend I'm a fox. I've seen your fresh-kill, and I'm very hungry. Usually, you could call out to your clanmates for help, but you've been separated from them. Defend yourself by tooth and claw!" The warrior dropped down to a stalk, pressing her ears against her head in fake rage and crudely yipping as if she were a fox. She winked at Rainpaw, silently promising that it was all for show, and nodded for Rainpaw to charge.

Last edited by Grizzly on Tue 5 Nov 2019 - 19:02; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15095

PostSubject: Re: Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed]   Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed] EmptyTue 5 Nov 2019 - 16:50

The member 'Grizzly' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed] Mistpe10
Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed]   Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed] EmptyTue 5 Nov 2019 - 17:22

Rainpaw flicked her tail in acknowledgement of the praise, shoving the squirrel under some brambles as instructed and turning back to Ferretnose to await further instruction. But to her surprise, the hunting training was suddenly over, and she waited for her mentor's return with a confused though not impatient expression. Then, the mouse dropped at her paws, and Rainpaw's eyes widened for a split second as the explanation was given.

It was hard for Rainpaw to suppress a scoff at Ferretnose's rules, but she managed, her eyes sweeping over the patched tabby she-cat, looking for weaknesses, or openings. When she had the go ahead to charge, she waited, looking from the mouse to her mentor in quick succession. If she were really alone with a fox, shouldn't she sacrifice the mouse, and run? That's what made the most sense to her, but this was just a theoretical anyway, right?

Narrowing her eyes, Rainpaw charged, attempting to shoulder into Ferretnose and knock her off balance to rake claws along her flank - though she did actually keep her claws sheathed.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed]   Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed] EmptyTue 5 Nov 2019 - 19:17

OOC: edited my last post because I never tweaked Ferret's stats for Tier 4 X-)

As Ferretnose's apprentice came charging at her side, she loosened her stance from its usual firm grounding. She swayed a little as Rainpaw's paws hit her flank, but her front paws stayed planted to the earth. Though she was on the smaller side, she was made of hulking muscle and trunk-like limbs.

"You need to take into account the size, speed, and mass of your opponent!" she instructed brightly. "Adapt to the circumstances! I'm slower, but I weight a whole lot more than you!" Running forward, Ferretnose batted Rainpaw with one of her sheathed front paws, sending her sprawling. Ferretnose fought the urge to ask if she was alright; She knew that this was the only way Rainpaw would learn to defend herself.

"You're not going to get a good enough jab at me just cuffing my ears. I want you to leap on my back and hold on like a tick." Ferretnose lowered her body a little to give her apprentice a small boost. It was her first time, after all.

Ferretnose used Front Paw Blow, dealing 11 damage and costing 5 stamina.

Ferretnose:
80/80 HP
232/240 SP (-5)

Rainpaw:
9/20 HP (-11)
77/80 SP

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed]   Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed] EmptyFri 8 Nov 2019 - 21:04

[OOC: I absolutely replied to this on Tuesday... wonder why it didn't go through. T_T]

Rainpaw skidded across the ground at the blow from her mentor. She steadied on all fours, tail lashing, and let out an annoyed hiss. But her ire wasn't directed at Ferretnose. Rather, she was angry at herself. She should have seen that coming, been able to dodge it.

Without a verbal reply, Rainpaw nodded sharply, and half-circled around her, looking for an opening. When she thought she found one, she darted forward, leaping and attempting to land with all four paws on Ferretnose's back, sinking her teeth in to the loose skin there, though not hard enough to draw blood, or really even inflict pain. Just to hold on.

Rainpaw used Leap-and-Hold, costing 10 stamina and doing 0 damage (intentionally). Ignoring special effect dice this time.

Rainpaw
20/20
70/80 (-10)

Last edited by JJ on Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 0:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed]   Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed] EmptySat 9 Nov 2019 - 18:22

Ferretnose let out a huff of air as the sudden impact that made her bob up and down on her paws. She tried to run forward under the weight of Rainpaw's body and found that the apprentice's uneven shuffling for purchase on her mentor's back actually worked in her advantage. The constant swaying kept Ferretnose from moving, or she risked losing balance. Ferretnose felt the bubbling of genius in her stomach as she twisted her head to look at Rainpaw, still perched on top of her.

"That's fantastic!" she chirped, "Keeping doing that, you're about to knock me over!"

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed]   Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed] EmptySun 10 Nov 2019 - 0:28

Rainpaw had to struggle with effort to keep her claws sheathed as Ferretnose moved beneath her. She swayed, tail lashing, and growled between a mouthful of white-and-tabby fur. Her grip was slipping, and knowing that she wouldn't be able to keep it up for much longer, Rainpaw prepared to leap away.

But she was reluctant to give up so quickly.

Eyes narrowing, Rainpaw suddenly dropped all her weight on to her forelegs, shoving downward in an attempt to force all of her downward momentum around Ferretnose's neck and drag her to the ground.

Rainpaw used ???, costing 10 stamina and doing 0 damage.
Rainpaw
20/20
60/80 (-10)
(figured I'd just drain the stamina for practice sake!)
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed]   Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed] EmptyThu 14 Nov 2019 - 7:44

ooc: mobile! no color for this one

Ferretnose yelped as Rainpaw pressed down on her neck and finally lost her balance. She tumbled to the dirt and spat as crunchy leaves invaded her mouth. Shaking out her pelt, Ferretnose struggled to her paws, huffing and half-laughing. It probably sounded more like choking, come to think of it, but her smile gave it away. Rainpaw was quiet, determined, and bold. The apprentice's attitude seemed nearly polar opposite to Ferretnose's own, but she was listening and learning. This wouldn't be difficult at all! She made a mental note to thank Beartooth when they returned. 

"Stars, 'paw," she gasped, "You're good at this! Quick learner, too. Any creature that tries to do a number on you is going to have another thing comin'." Realizing she had pulled a muscle on her fall, the warrior winced a bit and stretched her back leg. "Yikes, that's not going to feel nice come sundown. How about we head back to camp with our prey and we pick up here tomorrow, hm?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed]   Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Rain in Leaf-Fall [closed]
Page 1 of 1