Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Burning Daylight [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1864

Burning Daylight [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Burning Daylight [Closed]   Burning Daylight [Closed] EmptySat 13 Jul 2019 - 10:43

ooC: This takes place after Burningpaw's Moonstone.

Burningpaw's slender frame exited the apprentice's den like it did every morning, her burning red fur catching the sun of the Greenleaf morning. It was nearing the apprenticeship, and the training was starting to slow down. More and more, she was left to her own devices to settle into life as a warrior. She had trained incredibly hard, and felt confident that she could take on a life as a sucessful warrior in the next few sunrises. It was that time where name possibilities buzzed around her head. Burningclaws, as suggested by Sandpaw, wouldn't be all that bad. It gave an air of power and ferocity, that she wished to bring into SkyClan. Burningpelt would be so cliche, and she would be very disapointed... Burningbranch, for her love of trees, would be pretty excellent as well.

She had let her mind wander again, but at least this time it wasn't about the mountains and it wasn't about her anxieties. Burningpaw shook her head as she took a seat by the camp entrance. She had requested to spend time with her mother Daylily today, and was quite excited when her mother had been free. The last few moons had been so busy for her that despite the love for her mother, she only got to see her occasionally over a mice or two, or on a group patrol.

There was a question at the back of her mind from something Sandpaw had said to her, way back then. "They found you in the mountains..." he had said. It didn't really phase her at the time, but more and more it caused the worried voices in her head to yell instead of whisper and finally she decided to quiet them. For sure, she would ask her mother today if Sandpaw was correct or mistaken. But there was absolutely no way that Sandpaw could be right.... Right?

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Last edited by Burning on Wed 7 Aug 2019 - 20:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1022

PostSubject: Re: Burning Daylight [Closed]   Burning Daylight [Closed] EmptySun 14 Jul 2019 - 21:13

Daylily's amber eyes caught the morning sun, bright and warm, as she left the shadows of her den. She had been free from patrol this morning and had already taken her pick from the fresh-kill that the dawn patrol had brought in. She was pleased with how smoothly Clan life had gone back to normal after the flood had taken so much. The camp was almost entirely repaired now, and prey was nearly as plentiful as it had been before.

Her daughter, Burningpaw, was waiting for her beside the entrance to camp. Despite both of their busy schedules, full of patrols, duties, and training, they had finally found time to spent together. The young warrior's brother, Sunflower, had been put in charge of training Burningpaw, but being as familiar as she was with her littermate she had kept a sharp eye on her kit throughout her training. Even with Sunflower being the way he was, the apprentice had excelled. Daylily swelled with pride at the realization that Burningpaw would soon join her in the warriors' den.

"Morning, Burningpaw," she called as she approached. She paused for a brief moment to admire a tiny flower that was pushing itself up between a few pebbles. It reminded her a bit of Burningpaw's own kithood - she had survived despite the odds, like this flower growing between rocks. "Where would you like to go today?" she asked with a smile.

rainpaw | shadowclan | apprentice | 1c9795
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Burning Daylight [Closed]   Burning Daylight [Closed] EmptyMon 15 Jul 2019 - 20:33

Burningpaw greeted her mother with a rub on the cheek before heading to the forest. color=#ff9966]"Perhaps we could go to the creek?"[/color] she offered hopefully. Every since she and Sandpaw had gone there that first night, she loved that little babbling brook. She would frequently hunt near there and go there to relax after a hard day's work, sometimes with a good sparrow. Man, she loved sparrows. As soon as the trees began to thicken, the apprentice scurried up the side and began to walk from branch to branch. As was only natural for her.

As they walked to the creek in - what Burningpaw hoped - was comfortable silence for her mother, the anxiety began to churn in her stomach and she felt nauceous. She hated this feeling. It made her feel week. The terrible sickness that plagued her entire body whenever she felt even a little worried was getting worse and worse, but every time she just swallowed it down. This conversation shouldn't be too hard. Daylily would confirm that she was really her mother and everything would be fine. Sandpaw was wrong.

As they neared the creek, Burningpaw exited the treetops and found a comfortable spot where the water rippled peacefully. She settled down, and waited for her mother to join her before speaking. Finally, she drawed in a deep breath and slowly released it. "You know, a few moons ago, Sandpaw said something awfully curious. He said that I was 'found' in the mountains. Not born in the mountains, to you. Do you have any idea what he meant by that?" she threw in a purr and a flick of her tail to cover her worry. "What a silly slip of the tongue, right? Who could deny that I'm your daughter?"

Another wave of anxiety hit, and she yearned to sink her claws into something or run or climb or anything to ease the buzzing energy under her pelt. Daylily had never told her who her father was, she had realized a few sunrises prior. Every cat had a father, and a mother. So when Daylily confirmed she was her daughter, she would ask. Just out of curiosity, for sure. That's the only reason.

Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Burning Daylight [Closed]   Burning Daylight [Closed] EmptyFri 2 Aug 2019 - 21:54

"The creek sounds lovely," Daylily purred, brushing her tail over her daughter's shoulders. A peaceful silence followed as they began their outing through the forest, Daylily trotting on the ground and Burningpaw leaving her side to leap through the trees. Though Burningpaw came off a bit uneasy, the warrior didn't think too much of it. If she still didn't seem quite right once they reached the creek she would ask her. It could be as small of an issue as a thorn in her pad.

They settled by the softly bubbling water, and she wrapped her tail gently around her daughter. As she listened to Burningpaw, her muzzle creased into a frown. "Burningpaw... I didn't... it wasn't a secret." Inside, she felt like she was being ripped apart. Was this like betraying her daughter? Was it her fault for not explaining the facts? "We were in the mountains after the flooding. You were born while your mother was outside of the cave, and your father and mother were killed by a hawk. Your father was saving you from it, we think." She paused to sigh, but didn't dare look Burningpaw in the eyes yet. "A ThunderClan apprentice found you and I named you. And I agreed to take care of you." Finally, she looked up, though she was hardly able to meet her daugher's eyes. "Your father's name was Foxglow, and your mother's name was Tigerlily. Honorable warriors of SkyClan," she finished, with a deep, deep sigh.

"Burningpaw... I'm sorry. I never thought to tell you... I didn't try to keep it a secret. You know I never spent time with you in the nursery, with the other queens. Please know that I love you like my very own, and I'll never leave you. You are my daughter."

i feel like the chorus of this song describes day really well right now <3

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Burning Daylight [Closed]   Burning Daylight [Closed] EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 20:09

The entire world came crashing down around Burningpaw. At the same time, thunder cracked overhead and released a down pour onto the two cats. The rain hardly phased the she-cat as she stood, soaked fur bristling. "So it's true! You aren't my mother! That means..." she turned her head, facing the direction of the mountains. They were up there. That's why she didn't feel at home here. Her true parents were buried up there, waiting for her to find them.

"I'm leaving! Now!" Burningpaw turned, and took off towards Highstones. She had been there once, with Amberdawn, for her Moonstone trip. The words of Rippedstar echoed through her head as she raced through the trees. She had been lied to. Sure, she was still of SkyClan blood, but she was an orphan. She would never truly know who she was supposed to look up to.

The rain was still pelting down as Burningpaw managed to make it to Highstones. She made it much quicker than when she had journeyed before, fueled by anger and rage and hatred and... every other emotion. Heaving, she paused at the base of the Highstones. Why did she run? She didn't know how to get back to the mountains. All she knew is she had to get up. Away from this. Maybe StarClan would tell her how! Yes, she would talk to StarClan again. But the rocks were too slippery, and she slid down every time she attempted to jump. Screaming, she swiped at the rock before laying down and sobbing. The cold rain chilled her to the bone, but she didn't care.

Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Burning Daylight [Closed]   Burning Daylight [Closed] EmptySat 24 Aug 2019 - 9:21

"Burningpaw, wait!" she cried. A wave of thoughts hit her at once - would her daughter no longer be hers? Would she disown her now that she knew the truth? Even so, she did not hesitate. Without a look back, she leaped to her paws and shot through the trees in pursuit of the apprentice.

Though panting heavily, Daylily did not relent in her quick flight. After a mad dash across the strange, slippery surface of the Thunderpath, Highstones came into view. Rain was pouring from the sky and drenching her pale ginger pelt. As she approached, she glimpsed Burningpaw's flame-colored figure shaking heavily at the base of the soaking, slippery rocks. The young warrior rushed to her daughter's side and was relieved to find that she was simply shaking with violent sobs. "Oh, Burningpaw," she sighed, collapsing next to her daughter and pressing herself close.

"Burningpaw, I didn't mean to lie." She nuzzled the apprentice's cheek. "You are the most wonderful kit I could have asked for. I love you with my whole heart, Burningpaw. You are going to be a true warrior of SkyClan, and no cat would deny that. And you are my daughter," she finished. "So please, please. Come back to camp with me." She drew her head back, gazing pleadingly at the ginger she-cat before her. Water streamed down her muzzle and back, but she paid no attention to it, instead laying her tail comfortingly across Burningpaw's back. "Come back with me."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burning Daylight [Closed]   Burning Daylight [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Burning Daylight [Closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Territory-
Jump to: